ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Visa Option for British Spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

janinah
Mood:

What Visa Option for British Spouse

Post by janinah » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi all,

My friend asked me for help today. My friend is a British Citizen & his wife on spouse visa & they have two british children. His wife needs to extend her stay after her initial 2.5 years expired in April. My friend annual salary income was around 19k until last month. As company suddenly ceased. Now he is looking for a new job. But he is worried as his wife's visa will be expired very soon and if doesn't get another job before due date with high salary then she will not meet £18,600 requirements. She is in the UK almost 8 years as student dependant and spouse visa...

Now, is there any other way to extend her visa for another 2 years ? Please let me know....

Thank you very much in advance...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What Visa Option for British Spouse

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Does she work?

If they do not meet the financial requirement she can apply on FLR(FP) partner route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:49 pm

She works only part time...1 day i believe... as per my understanding... still combined income doesn't meet 18600 threshold...

What is FLR (FP) ? Will she get 2 years visa for that route ? And, will there be any question, why she switched from FLR (M) to FLR(FP) ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:02 pm

FLR(FP) is a 2.5 year visa. She applies on the 10 year partner route if you don't meet the financial requirement.

No questions should be asked. HO are aware of the rules.

Don't forget you have to pay the £500 immigration health surcharge PLUS the visa application fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

confused123456
Newly Registered

Post by confused123456 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:00 am

CR001 wrote:FLR(FP) is a 2.5 year visa. She applies on the 10 year partner route if you don't meet the financial requirement.

Don't forget you have to pay the £500 immigration health surcharge PLUS the visa application fee.
I'm in similar position but my husband's visa will not expire until 07/04/2017.

I was self-employed before and managed to sponsor him last time but now my business is not going well. My husband just started his business too and if the expiry date is a few weeks in April next year we will have both have our account audited and confirmed income for a year of tax but there's no way before 7/04 we could get it done as tax year ends 05/04.

Any suggestions please? As I don't want him to start again 10 year- partner route.

Thanks

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:52 am

CR001 wrote:FLR(FP) is a 2.5 year visa. She applies on the 10 year partner route if you don't meet the financial requirement.

Thanks CR001.

So, if she apply on 10 years partner route, will her previous 8 years uk stay count towards 10 years ILR long residence application say after another 2 years ?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:14 am

janinah wrote:
So, if she apply on 10 years partner route, will her previous 8 years uk stay count towards 10 years ILR long residence application say after another 2 years ?
As the rules stand at present, yes. There have been no announced changes to the 10 year long residency rules.