ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

widow of british overseas

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rnaz
Newly Registered

widow of british overseas

Post by Rnaz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi
My late husband is Hong Kong origin British overseas. He died last year and I have Pakistani passport with Hong Kong 'right of abode'. I want to go to UK. Does anyone have any ideas as to the category of visa that will apply to my case? Any guidance will be highly appreciated. I am currently in Pakistan.
Thank you

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 pm

I don't think you have any method of using your dead husband as a method of obtaining a visa for the UK. You would have needed to apply for a Spouse visa while he was still alive (and he would have had to have been living in the UK at the time).

However you can apply in any of the categories open to all non-UK citizens for either a tourist visit or if you wish to work you'll need to qualify under one of the work permit visa categories;

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/