ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife's visa application from Qatar

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ash210

wife's visa application from Qatar

Post by ash210 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:33 am

Hello everyone,
As always I have come to this board for help and couldn’t thank more for all the information I got every time I asked for help.
Myself and my kids are British Citizens, wife is not, she was on ILR but we stayed out of the country for too long so her returning resident application was refused citing no ties maintained anyways that’s water under the bridge.
Now we are planning to go back to UK and she needs to apply as spouse of a BC, I am planning to apply from Qatar so please have a look at the list below and let me know your thoughts.
1) Evidence of Immigration status of sponsor
Passport copy of myself, children- All pages
2) Evidence of relationship
Original wedding certificate
Original birth certificates of children
3) Evidence of subsisting relationship
Qatari ID of myself and children
4) Evidence of financial requirement
More than 64,000 pounds maintained from July 2015, so the money is carried forward from previous month and I don’t have many transactions in the statement, hardly 3-4 in the last 6 months, also I lost the receipt of money transferred to India-will that be a problem?
5) Evidence of English language requirement
UK NARIC documents
Original degree certificate of my wife
Original transcripts
English language letter from NARIC
6) TB screening is not required I think as Qatar does that before issuing residence permit, but please let me know if it is
7) Signed SU07 form, my friend is sending the accommodation support letter from UK, he lives in a 4BR house with his wife and 3 kids, should that be enough? Supported by address proofs, landlord letter, council tax letter, utility bills.
8) Appendix VAF2A
9) I want to apply in February but want to travel end of June, will that be ok if I request the date to be june/july?

Please let me know
Regards

Casa

Re: wife's visa application from Qatar

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:42 am

ash210 wrote:Hello everyone,
As always I have come to this board for help and couldn’t thank more for all the information I got every time I asked for help.
Myself and my kids are British Citizens, wife is not, she was on ILR but we stayed out of the country for too long so her returning resident application was refused citing no ties maintained anyways that’s water under the bridge.
Now we are planning to go back to UK and she needs to apply as spouse of a BC, I am planning to apply from Qatar so please have a look at the list below and let me know your thoughts.
More than 64,000 pounds maintained from July 2015, so the money is carried forward from previous month and I don’t have many transactions in the statement, hardly 3-4 in the last 6 months, also I lost the receipt of money transferred to India-will that be a problem?
UK NARIC documents
Original transcripts
6) TB screening is not required I think as Qatar does that before issuing residence permit, but please let me know if it is
7) Signed SU07 form, my friend is sending the accommodation support letter from UK, he lives in a 4BR house with his wife and 3 kids, should that be enough? Supported by address proofs, landlord letter, council tax letter, utility bills.
8) Appendix VAF2A
9) I want to apply in February but want to travel end of June, will that be ok if I request the date to be june/july? You can only request an issue date of no more than 3 months ahead.

Please let me know
Regards
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:42 am

ash210 wrote:Hello everyone,
More than 64,000 pounds maintained from July 2015, so the money is carried forward from previous month and I don’t have many transactions in the statement, hardly 3-4 in the last 6 months, also I lost the receipt of money transferred to India-will that be a problem? You will need to show the source of the funds
UK NARIC documents
Original transcripts
6) TB screening is not required I think as Qatar does that before issuing residence permit, but please let me know if it is TB certificate can be no older than 6 months on the date you submit the application.
8) Appendix VAF2A
9) I want to apply in February but want to travel end of June, will that be ok if I request the date to be june/july? You can only request an issue date of no more than 3 months ahead.

Please let me know
Regards
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:25 am

Thanks a lot Casa,
Is everything else ok?

Regards

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:44 am

You don't need the SU07 form and you should check the rules on overcrowding dependent on the number, ages and sexes of the children. Part 12:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 am

I can get a property inspection done if that helps?

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:08 am

My understanding is that a property inspection report is required for shared housing, however I am not familiar with the contents of these reports so will leave it for someone else to confirm.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi,
For the financial part i am showing cash savings only, i have 82k gap from july 2015, as for the source of funds i don't have any proof, i went to the money exchange where i had transferred more than that money in one single transaction, and they have agreed to give a duplicate copy of the money transfer plus i will go my bank and get that months statement to show that the cheque has been paid from my local account, will that be good or am i making it more complicated?
and with regards to indian account i am thinking of asking my relationship manager to give a reference letter that i hold the account since 2005 and the balance has been maintained from last 6 months, there are hardly 3 transactions in that period that too for the interest paid on my savings.
Any suggestions guys? i want to keep it simple yet i don't want to miss anything
Regards

ash210

Post by ash210 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:05 pm

could anyone please reply?