ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Workpermit Dependent + HSMP - Eligile for ILR dependent?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

preetyza
Newly Registered

Workpermit Dependent + HSMP - Eligile for ILR dependent?

Post by preetyza » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:48 am

Hello,

I have one question, if any one could help with.

My husband got 5 years Workpermit in 2004 (so its valie until 2009). I had workpermit dependent visa since 2004, valid until 2009.

Laer, I got my HSMP in early 2006 and my husband got his Tier1 visa in 2008.

Since my husband is completing 5 years stay in the UK under "Workpermit + Tier1", he is eligible for ILR and thinking to apply it soon.

My question is, am I eligible for ILR as my husband's dependent?

It will be great if anyone could help me to get an answer.

Thanks,
Preety

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:23 am

Unfortunately, to be eligible as your husband's dependant, you should have leave to enter/remain as his dependant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

preetyza
Newly Registered

Post by preetyza » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Thanks for your answer.

The situation leads me to ask further question.

Could I apply dependent visa from the UK or I must apply it from my home country?

Thanks,
Preety

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:35 am

Assuming that you used your HSMP to enter the UK, you are currently on HSMP and not as his dependant. You may apply for Tier 1 dependant entry clearance from your Home country. However, as you previously had leave as his dependant, they may (discretion?) allow you to switch in-country. Ask the UKBA.

Are you affected by the HSMP Forum Ltd judicial review judgment of 6 April 2009 (settlement in the United Kingdom)?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

preetyza
Newly Registered

Post by preetyza » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Thanks for your reply!