ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year long residency on T1Entrepreneur

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ali84
Newly Registered

10 year long residency on T1Entrepreneur

Post by ali84 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:33 am

Dear board members i need your guidance.
I have got Entrepreneur visa,and my extension is in 2017.I came to UK in 2006 and In march 2016 i will be eligible to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 year long residency.IN 2007 i traveled to back home for 5 weeks and in 2008 i lost my passport,then i made new passport and got transfer my visa on the new passport.
Now my question is ,If i apply for ILR how will i prove to HO that i did not spend more than 6 months(which break long residency) outside the country ,during that time period.
My second Question is,will Home Office ask me any paper work regarding my current visa.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 year long residency on T1Entrepreneur

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:55 am

HO have records of all your landing cards and will have a record of your transfer of visa when you lost your passport.

To prove 10 years residency, you will need to submit documents covering 10 years. The Set(LR) form lists what HO require if you DO NOT have ALL your passports covering the 10 years, including the passport you used to enter the UK initially.

See page 24 of the Set(LR) Form (click)

Make sure all of your tax affairs are in order and that if you were a student at any point, that you did not work more than 20 hours per week.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ali84
Newly Registered

Post by ali84 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:07 am

Thanks for your reply.Unfortunately i do not have alternative documents of the passport which are required by HO in the policy guidance for example p45,p60,or utility bills covering that time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:00 am

You have nothing proving where you have lived for the last 10 years? Doctor/NHS letters, bank statements, HMRC letters, self employment assessment records etc?

Well then you have a problem.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ali84
Newly Registered

Post by ali84 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:29 pm

I need to cover only 2 years time period which is (2006 and 2007) and I have only one bank statement of 2006 and a letter from job centre regarding my NI application in 2006.And in 2007 I took driving licence.I have got all these documents to cover this time period,for the rest of 8 years I have got my passports.I did have all the documents but in 2013 my stuff was stolen from my house ,so I lost all my documents.I tried to get the copies of my old bank statements, but the bank has refused to give more than 6year old bank statements.