ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Year Route???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mrs.Graham
Newly Registered

10 Year Route???

Post by Mrs.Graham » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:13 pm

I am really confused... I am trying to figure out a way to bring my husband here (the UK) from the Caribbean. I do not meet the full requirements to sponsor him regularly as a spouse. Since researching on the Govt. website, I came across the '10 Year Route' to Settlement.

My question is, does my husband need to be currently in the UK on some other kind of visa in order for us to go this route, or can we apply for him whilst he is in his home country? Its a bit confusing to me on the Govt. website.

Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated.

tier2013

Re: 10 Year Route???

Post by tier2013 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 am

Mrs.Graham wrote:I am really confused... I am trying to figure out a way to bring my husband here (the UK) from the Caribbean. I do not meet the full requirements to sponsor him regularly as a spouse. Since researching on the Govt. website, I came across the '10 Year Route' to Settlement.

My question is, does my husband need to be currently in the UK on some other kind of visa in order for us to go this route, or can we apply for him whilst he is in his home country? Its a bit confusing to me on the Govt. website.

Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Yes, he would have to be normally residing in the UK for a continuous period of 10 years, in order to apply through the 10 year route to settlement.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:47 am

Bear in mind that there is no entry visa category for the 10 year route.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Mrs.Graham
Newly Registered

Post by Mrs.Graham » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:22 pm

Thank you very much for the information. I had a feeling that he would need to be here. I guess that option is out of the window! :(

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:04 pm

What requirements do you not meet, the financial?

Do you have children and do you claim benefits?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.