ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years lawful residence...(Long Residence)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dioxidy
Newly Registered

10 years lawful residence...(Long Residence)

Post by dioxidy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:58 pm

hello folks;

I came to britain on 28 may 2001 on student visa and had extensions
in the same category until jan 2012 and my first visa was issued on 22 apr 2001.

The fact of the matter is as i fall into the 10 yr lawful residence category, when does my time start from when the visa was first issued or my first entry in UK?? secondly what documents possibly i would need to claim ILR in this category and how long would HO usually take to process the application? Lastly when the latest i can submit my application?

P.S: i have already pass the life in UK test.....

Thanking you all for guidance and support....;)

dewales001

Re: 10 years lawful residence...(Long Residence)

Post by dewales001 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 pm

dioxidy wrote:hello folks;

in the same category until jan 2012 and my first visa was issued on 22 apr 2001.

The fact of the matter is as i fall into the 10 yr lawful residence category, when does my time start from when the visa was first issued or my first entry in UK?? secondly what documents possibly i would need to claim ILR in this category and how long would HO usually take to process the application? Lastly when the latest i can submit my application?

See link http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=52692

dioxidy
Newly Registered

Post by dioxidy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:35 pm

thnx dewales001..

i checked the above link before posting....it seem out dated as nearly 2 yr old ..bk in those days premium service was also available for such cases but not any more from sept 2010 onwords....i ve found from other sources that HO has reduced the time span also but as it stands its not authorize.....
any one else please????

joh118

Post by joh118 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:42 pm

10 year period starts from the date you arrive in the UK.
If your application is starightforward (ie. no gaps, no absence longer than 6 months, outside uk for 18 months in 10 year period) then you will only need your Life in UK test cert, your passport(s) and photos

please read this carefully: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

and make sure you are definately eligible.

as for waiting times. it really depends from person to person. I would say from 4 weeks to 6 months.

dewales001

Post by dewales001 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Time start on your first entry to UK
Lastly when the latest i can submit my application?
You can submit your application anytime from 1st of May 2011.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:52 pm

dioxidy wrote: i ve found from other sources that HO has reduced the time span also but as it stands its not authorize.....
Please let us know the source and the reduced time span :)

dioxidy
Newly Registered

Post by dioxidy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Aryan2013 wrote:
dioxidy wrote: i ve found from other sources that HO has reduced the time span also but as it stands its not authorize.....
the source is a known solicitor....

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:10 pm

dioxidy wrote:
Aryan2013 wrote:
the source is a known solicitor....
May we have the NAME of that known solicitor??

Also, I will put my TRUST in an official UKBA document as compared to some known solicitor document!!

etelsa

Post by etelsa » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Can someone kindly list the documents submitted plus a template of the submission letter Please.

I am applying under ILR 10 years Lawful Resident and I have all the passports with me.

Best regards,

Samara

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:

when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK

source:
https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility
N/A

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:27 am

etelsa wrote:Can someone kindly list the documents submitted plus a template of the submission letter Please.

I am applying under ILR 10 years Lawful Resident and I have all the passports with me.

Best regards,

Samara
Document submitted
All passports covering 10 years
Liuk pass test certificate
B1 english test certificate or degree certificate( i submitted transcript as well)
2 photographs
Cover letter is not necessary or mandatory , you only need to write it IF previously any issues in ur immigration history, which could help CW to make decision abt ur application
Hope this answer ur query, good luck

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi, Tier 4,
1) Do you know anybody who successfully apply and got ILR when refer to the date "when you were given permission to stay in the UK"?
My first visa was issued on January 11, 2005 -> I arrived on April 17, 2005.
2) Do you think I have a chance? Otherwise my last visa expires on February 17, 2015 and I need to prolong it and than apply on April 17, 2015.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
Tier 4 wrote:Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:

when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK

source:
https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

chucklee
Newly Registered

Post by chucklee » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:12 pm

Hi everyone ,
I would like to ask that
1- If a person is granted Discretionery leave on human rights for six months before 9th July 2012 and he applies FLR on expiry which is refused and on appeal he is given 2.5 years DLR so as he was granted DLR before 9th July, Will he be able to apply for ILR after six years according to the rules prior to 9th July 2012.
2- If a person is due for ILR on basis of 10 years rule and his Discretiionery leave is expiring after the date when he is eligible for ILR Will he be able to apply for ILR before the expiry of his Discretionery leave
Your response will be appreciated.
Thanks

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:14 am

etelsa wrote:Can someone kindly list the documents submitted plus a template of the submission letter Please.

Best regards,

Samara
Hello Samara, if you have all your passports then there is no need for you to submit any further document aside your life in the uk test certificate and English test certificate.
Hope this helps.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu May 22, 2014 6:52 pm

hi All could anyone help me out sincerely with my queries which am really unable to find the best advice.
Am about to apply for indefinite leave to remain under 10 years long residence and i have following questions in my mind.
1-the total number of days excluding date of departure and arrival date i have spent outside UK are 528 days.Do i still qualify?
2-when counting days by ukba,do they count date left UK and date returned to the UK?
3-how many days in a month counts by ukba?
4-when counting February,does ukba count only 28 or 29 days or full 30 days and same when counts any month of 31 days,do they count actually 31 days or 30 days.
5-i left the UK on 26th of February and came back on 10th of march so how many days i shall be considered outside UK

option(A):13days(including date left and returned option(b) 12 days(considering February 29 days option(c) 13days(treating February 30 days.

i would really appreciate if somebody help me out with my queries.Thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu May 22, 2014 7:24 pm

shahfurqan wrote:hi All could anyone help me out sincerely with my queries which am really unable to find the best advice.
Am about to apply for indefinite leave to remain under 10 years long residence and i have following questions in my mind.
1-the total number of days excluding date of departure and arrival date i have spent outside UK are 528 days.Do i still qualify?
2-when counting days by ukba,do they count date left UK and date returned to the UK?
4-when counting February,does ukba count only 28 or 29 days or full 30 days and same when counts any month of 31 days,do they count actually 31 days or 30 days.
5-i left the UK on 26th of February and came back on 10th of march so how many days i shall be considered outside UK

option(A):13days(including date left and returned option(b) 12 days(considering February 29 days option(c) 13days(treating February 30 days.

hi

See in what year u traveled and than count that year feb month.

Rules r not that hard that u count each day and than hour that when u r in and out.

Should not be out more than 180 days in one year.

and total 540 days in 10 years.

But there r some exceptions in the rule like if u r out due to some medical or compassionate reasons. u need to provide evidence.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu May 22, 2014 8:33 pm

Zee ali wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:hi All could anyone help me out sincerely with my queries which am really unable to find the best advice.

thanks for reply but the information you provided i know it very well but what i wanted to ask is still not cleared as ukba treat every month of 30 calender days so in this if some one is outside uk in october which is of 31 days month or in February which is a month of 29 days so will ukba will count 30 days absence in both cases or 31 days will be treat 31 days and 29 will be treat 29 days outside uk.
thanks

hi

See in what year u traveled and than count that year feb month.

Rules r not that hard that u count each day and than hour that when u r in and out.

Should not be out more than 180 days in one year.

and total 540 days in 10 years.

But there r some exceptions in the rule like if u r out due to some medical or compassionate reasons. u need to provide evidence.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu May 22, 2014 9:08 pm

See in what year and month u traveled and than count your travel days according to that month days.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu May 22, 2014 10:12 pm

Zee ali wrote:See in what year and month u traveled and than count your travel days according to that month days.
thanks a lot mate

eshkol
Newly Registered

Post by eshkol » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi All could anyone please help me out with my queries I am struggling to find the best advice.

I Am about to apply for indefinite leave to remain under 10 years long residence and i have following questions related to my application.

I came to UK in September 2004 on Holiday work permit visa.I left to India to switch over my visa to student on 17 September 2006.
(my holiday working visa expire which is 21 September 2006)
I applied for student visa on 24th September 2006 , I got student visa valid from 30th September 2006.
I came back to UK 5th October 2006. Then after i stayed in UK continuously.

My queries are

1-Is Holiday working visa comes under long residence stay?
2-There is a gap of 9 days with issuing the new student visa in India.Do i am still eligible to apply for 10 years long residence?
3-Is there any problem if i came back on 5th October 2006?

I would really appreciate if somebody help me out with my queries.

Many Thanks

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:22 pm

hi Gurus
I am living in UK for Past 10 Years and applying for ILR this week. I got few questions about SET LR form.

(1) I am submitting following Documents;
passports, BRP, Life In UK Test Certificate, University Certificate (English Language).
Apart of these, Do I need to send any other documents?

(2) Section 5- As I am not sending any Bank statement or any utility bill, Do I need to sign consent Form Page 22.

Thank you
AngelStha

meet2mustafiz

Post by meet2mustafiz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Hello Experts !!! I think I always asked very difficultly question and get very limited respond !

Scenario:1
after all appeal dismissed if someone reapply for a visa and and again visa is refused,then does applicant got 28 days to decide for applying another visa or applicant will get in-country appeal after October 2014 ? and does those time is countable for 10 years time ?

Scenario:2
what is the current waiting time for upper tribunal and court of appeal hearing ?

Scenario:3
if appeal was in time but upper tribunal say out of time appeal -does UT asked for reason of out of time appeal ? then appellant able to give evidence of in time appeal ? if UT don't give any chance to prove of in time appeal then what is the option for appellant ?

wajidfurqan
Newly Registered

Post by wajidfurqan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi All,

I would like to have your guidance on the below.

My time line is as below.

First entry: Sep 04 - Student Visa
Visa Changed: Sep 08 - PSW
Visa Changed: Jun 10 - Tier 1 (General) - 2 Year
Visa Extension: Nov 12 - Tier 1 (General) Extension - 3 Year
Visa Expiry: Nov 15

There are no breaks and time spent outside UK is less then 3 months in total in 3 visits.

Do I qualify for 10 years residence and do I need to fulfil Tier 1 requirements for ILR? A detailed guidance would be highly appreciated along with documents required for the Application.

Kind Regards.