ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maria007
Newly Registered

10 years long residence application

Post by maria007 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi All,
I am completing my 10 years early September. Could you please advise me on the following questions:
what documents do I need to apply for ILR? which form do I need to fill?, should I go for same day? and what questions would I expect if I go for same day?

Many thanks for all valuable suggestions and answers.

maria

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 10 years long residence application

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:28 pm

A simple search of the forum will have given you answers to your questions.
which form do I need to fill?
Set(LR)
what documents do I need to apply for ILR?
The from and guidance notes list what documents have to be submitted.
should I go for same day?
Your choice. Same day service should only be used if your case is straightforward. If it is not, you will be paying premium service fee and your application will join a postal queue.
and what questions would I expect if I go for same day?
It is not an interview. Caseworker will ask for your documents and likely based their decision on that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maria007
Newly Registered

Post by maria007 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Thanks CR001,
Thanks for answering all questions. Is there any sample of cover letter I can find to attach with my application to briefly explain what documents are included in my application etc?

Thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:55 pm

You could include a table of contents?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:35 am

maria007 wrote:Thanks CR001,
Thanks for answering all questions. Is there any sample of cover letter I can find to attach with my application to briefly explain what documents are included in my application etc?

Thanks,
HO know what is required, a letter is not necessary. If you apply in person, the caseworker will simply ask you for what they want to see.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maria007
Newly Registered

Post by maria007 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi CR001,
Sorry to bother you again, as you said that caseworker will simply ask whatever is needed. I have read the documents section on the form it says:
"You should also provide documents of the type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for which you are unable to provide passport".
My question is that I have all the passports do I still need any other document from the list to prove continuous residence?

Thanks,

Maria007

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:57 pm

maria007 wrote:Hi CR001,
Sorry to bother you again, as you said that caseworker will simply ask whatever is needed. I have read the documents section on the form it says:
"You should also provide documents of the type listed below to show that you were continuously resident in the UK during any periods for which you are unable to provide passport".
My question is that I have all the passports do I still need any other document from the list to prove continuous residence?

Thanks,

Maria007
Only if you do not have all the passports, including the one used to enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)