ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 am

tempusfugit wrote:hey guys, it looks like i'm going to be 34 days short of applying for ilr on 10 year rule.
lawyer says 28 day early application isn't permitted b/c of shortfall and even if it was HO would reject b/c of 6 day shortfall.

i might go see another lawyer for a second opinion but also wanted to know what you guys think of the situation.

thanks.
Do read given below threads; as few made successful early applications for ILR.

Query - 24 days shorter for 10 years Long Residency – ILR

Urgent Help Required-ILR when delay in travel for 3 mon 1 da

Shortfall of 28 days before ILR Application
N/A

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:01 am

rehan01 wrote:As per my understanding the clock is gone back to zero for the time spent in uk as your dependant and she will have to apply for dependant of settled person and will be eligible for ILR after 5 years.

I am in same boat as your and as per my understanding we have no choice apart from keep paying HO application fees and English language test fees.

regards
faisaltanoli wrote:Hello,

I need one more advice. My ILR(LR) application in process, but my PBS T1 term will be completed in Feb 2015. If i will withdraw my case and will get ILR on PBS T1 basis, would my wife will get the ILR on same time or she have to wait five years??? :?:

Thanks

Regards

Faisal
Thanks for reply
Yes she is my dependent since 2009 when i was on PSW...I need very definitive information as my ILR on Long residency is in process and once i have got my visa then she have to wait for more 5 years, which i do not want..
Regards
Faisal[/quote][/quote]

Hi Faisal,
Agree with Rehan01, Home Office is the Champion of goal shift, and changing rules at the eleventh hour, so it is much better you get your self sorted first and than any ways your dependents follow you. Home Office could delay your dependents ILR by introducing these new rules but they can't stop that from happening eventually. It might be a few more applications and may be new English level test in the future if any for your dependents, but you should look at the brighter side of the picture and that is your ILR, and that is what is important. The way Home Office is going, changing rules all the time, you don't want to take chances with that.
I was in the exact same situation as you are and I could have applied under Tier1 in 2015, but I didn't take the chance, and applied already in February, although still waiting but I know that for straight forward cases the timeline is not bad for a SET(LR). All the best with your application.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shbaz
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by shbaz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:49 am

dear sir/madam
any one know about it? i have sent an application to home office on the base of 10y long residency but i have done a mistake in form during filling in. i should have written 20 jan 2006 but i wrote there 20 june 2006, according to 20 june 2006 i will be supposed that i stayed out of UK more than 6 month continuously but i didn't do like that according to actual date 20th jan 2006. i stayed no more than 85 days continuously! now home office will refuse my application or they will ask me to make it correct, what will they do now? if they send me back my application to refuse so they will give me right of appeal to prove it correct? waiting for reply with anxiously! thanks in advance

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:13 am

shbaz wrote:dear sir/madam
any one know about it? i have sent an application to home office on the base of 10y long residency but i have done a mistake in form during filling in. i should have written 20 jan 2006 but i wrote there 20 june 2006, according to 20 june 2006 i will be supposed that i stayed out of UK more than 6 month continuously but i didn't do like that according to actual date 20th jan 2006. i stayed no more than 85 days continuously! now home office will refuse my application or they will ask me to make it correct, what will they do now? if they send me back my application to refuse so they will give me right of appeal to prove it correct? waiting for reply with anxiously! thanks in advance
just write a letter explaining this humor error, i have done in the past and they have acknowledged it.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:42 am

Hi guys there is some thing published todoay for family members icant open the link on website does any one know about it

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:57 am

No good news today...Com on guys give us one last before Easter....I called DX BRP on its way today....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

zeeco786
Newly Registered

Post by zeeco786 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:18 am

KashRIz wrote:No good news today...Com on guys give us one last before Easter....I called DX BRP on its way today....
How did you get tracking number for DX??

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:25 am

called them and gave my name and post code and they found it for me. When u call machine will ask u for tracking number, but dont put tracking number after third time asking it will ask u to press star. Once u press star then it will take u to customer service where u can get all the info. Dont call 08 number, Call this number 01604496798....good luck
zeeco786 wrote:
KashRIz wrote:No good news today...Com on guys give us one last before Easter....I called DX BRP on its way today....

zeeco786
Newly Registered

Post by zeeco786 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 am

KashRIz wrote:called them and gave my name and post code and they found it for me. When u call machine will ask u for tracking number, but dont put tracking number after third time asking it will ask u to press star. Once u press star then it will take u to customer service where u can get all the info. Dont call 08 number, Call this number 01604496798....good luck
zeeco786 wrote:
Thanks Alot

azaam
Newly Registered

Post by azaam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 am

tempusfugit wrote:hey guys, it looks like i'm going to be 34 days short of applying for ilr on 10 year rule.
lawyer says 28 day early application isn't permitted b/c of shortfall and even if it was HO would reject b/c of 6 day shortfall.

i might go see another lawyer for a second opinion but also wanted to know what you guys think of the situation.

thanks.
Hi, Make a straight forward ILR application one day before your current leave expires. If you complete your qualifying period on the date of decession which is most likely, your application will be successful.
I got my ILR same way just few months ago as I was 45 days short.

Good luck

true_liez
Newly Registered

Post by true_liez » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:37 am

KashRIz wrote:called them and gave my name and post code and they found it for me. When u call machine will ask u for tracking number, but dont put tracking number after third time asking it will ask u to press star. Once u press star then it will take u to customer service where u can get all the info. Dont call 08 number, Call this number 01604496798....good luck
zeeco786 wrote:
hi!
First of all Congratulations for getting you ILR. I have sent my application on 28/01/2014. My solicitor's secretary just called that I have received my documents back from homeoffice. When I asked her about the content of the letter, she said it doesn't say that the visa has been granted. Its says your biometric will be arriving in few days time.

I just want to know the contents of the approval letter. My visa was valid till jan 2016 so I am worried if they are sending me the same biometric. My solicitor is out of country and I don't want to wait for another few days.

The secretary is dumb as always.

Guyz please advice

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:41 am

true_liez wrote:

[]

hi!
First of all Congratulations for getting you ILR. I have sent my application on 28/01/2014. My solicitor's secretary just called that I have received my documents back from homeoffice. When I asked her about the content of the letter, she said it doesn't say that the visa has been granted. Its says your biometric will be arriving in few days time.

I just want to know the contents of the approval letter. My visa was valid till jan 2016 so I am worried if they are sending me the same biometric. My solicitor is out of country and I don't want to wait for another few days.

Guyz please advice

YOU GOT IT MAN! CONGRATS THIS IS BECAUSE IF THEY HAD SENT A REFUSAL THEY CLEALRY SENT A LETTER IT IS ALWAUS THE NEW BRP THAT IS ISSUED SEPARATELY

true_liez
Newly Registered

Post by true_liez » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52 am

GOd Helps wrote:
true_liez wrote:

[]

hi!

Guyz please advice

YOU GOT IT MAN! CONGRATS THIS IS BECAUSE IF THEY HAD SENT A REFUSAL THEY CLEALRY SENT A LETTER IT IS ALWAUS THE NEW BRP THAT IS ISSUED SEPARATELY
Thankyou for your quick response. So, they don't mention on the approval letter that your visa has been granted.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 pm

i just had a letter saying your brp is on way and then when i received by brp the card contains the details
however i had a leaflet saying general notes for ilr which was not addressing me . ask her if you got those notes . and if you ask her to read those notes you will get more clear
but bro i am sure inshaAlah you got it be happy !

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 pm

hi!

Guyz please advice[/quote][/quote]

YOU GOT IT MAN! CONGRATS THIS IS BECAUSE IF THEY HAD SENT A REFUSAL THEY CLEALRY SENT A LETTER IT IS ALWAUS THE NEW BRP THAT IS ISSUED SEPARATELY[/quote]

Thankyou for your quick response. So, they don't mention on the approval letter that your visa has been granted.[/quote]

Look at page 2 man ...it clearly says you have been granted ILR on page 2....Any way congrats man this is a very good news for JAN waiting club member..it seems we will be in FEB very soon....congrats mate have good weekend ......

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:07 pm

rang HO to hear same old story.. in the process.. :roll: dream of happy Easter is shattered!!! :roll: :x :roll: :x

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi,
I have not received Biomatric invitation letter for my wife & child (applied FLRM on 5th April), could you please advise what number we should ring for enquiry. No contact number given on acknowledgement letter.

looking forward to hearing from you.

regards

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Umar09 wrote:Hi,
I have not received Biomatric invitation letter for my wife & child (applied FLRM on 5th April), could you please advise what number we should ring for enquiry. No contact number given on acknowledgement letter.

regards
it takes upto 6 weeks for the same. and if your LR application is pending then it may take bit more, my wife's Bio invitaion was only sent after 6-7 weeks.

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:

regards
it takes upto 6 weeks for the same. and if your LR application is pending then it may take bit more, my wife's Bio invitaion was only sent after 6-7 weeks.
Hi Hardikjshah,
Many thanks for quick response. Actually I applied FLR(M) for my wife and a son on 5th April before my ILR was granted on 7th April and received docx on 9th April. On 12th April we received acknowledgement alongwith another letter (dated 10th April) instead of Biomatric invitation stating "Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
your application raises issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. As such, it falls outside our normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case a quickly as possible".

I think the issue arose during processing of my wife's FLRM as my ILR had been sorted out on 7th and HO could not link/attach to my application.

My wife and my son are with me here since 2008..... No refusal, no out of date application, no conviction,

Now I hve recieved my ILR, Could you please advise what is the matter and what should we do... Shall we send HO my BRP & passport copies with a covering letter explaination.

Your input will be appreciated........

regards

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:52 pm

Umar09 wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:

Hi Hardikjshah,
Many thanks for quick response. Actually I applied FLR(M) for my wife and a son on 5th April before my ILR was granted on 7th April and received docx on 9th April. On 12th April we received acknowledgement alongwith another letter (dated 10th April) instead of Biomatric invitation stating "Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK.
your application raises issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. As such, it falls outside our normal service standards for deciding leave to remain applications. Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case a quickly as possible".

I think the issue arose during processing of my wife's FLRM as my ILR had been sorted out on 7th and HO could not link/attach to my application.

My wife and my son are with me here since 2008..... No refusal, no out of date application, no conviction,

Now I hve recieved my ILR, Could you please advise what is the matter and what should we do... Shall we send HO my BRP & passport copies with a covering letter explaination.

Your input will be appreciated........

regards
Hi Umar ,

I am in similar situation as u. I applied FLr(m) for Mrs and I got Ack and BIO request on 12th. I m waiting for my BRP to send them copies of my passport and BRP. I am going to post them every thing on SAT and then I will submit BIO for Mrs...

Umar09
Newly Registered

Post by Umar09 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:01 pm

Hi Umar ,

I am in similar situation as u. I applied FLr(m) for Mrs and I got Ack and BIO request on 12th. I m waiting for my BRP to send them copies of my passport and BRP. I am going to post them every thing on SAT and then I will submit BIO for Mrs...[/quote]

Hi KashRIz,
Thanks, but, unfortunately, we haven't got BIO invitation letter yet, instead of bio we recevied another letter as stated earlier, might be bio letter is on the way or will receive on later stages. so confusing and depressing

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:07 pm

I think you should write them back explaining ur situation and attach copies of ur full passport and BRP. I think it will be sorted as it seems human error....
Umar09 wrote:Hi Umar ,

I am in similar situation as u. I applied FLr(m) for Mrs and I got Ack and BIO request on 12th. I m waiting for my BRP to send them copies of my passport and BRP. I am going to post them every thing on SAT and then I will submit BIO for Mrs...
Hi KashRIz,
Thanks, but, unfortunately, we haven't got BIO invitation letter yet, instead of bio we recevied another letter as stated earlier, might be bio letter is on the way or will receive on later stages. so confusing and depressing
[/quote]

zeeco786
Newly Registered

Post by zeeco786 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm

By the grace of Allah I have received my Docs and approval letter today, Alhamdullillah. Just waiting for BRP now. Thank you all, you guys have been very helpful in this stressful time. My TL is given below:

Application sent: 21/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter: 23/01/2014
Bio invitation : 07/02/2014
Bio done: 12/02/2014
Ilr ganted: 16/04/2014
Documents & Approval letter received: 17/04/2014
Brp received: Waiting

Good luck to all who are waiting for theirs. InshAllah you guys will get yours soon.

true_liez
Newly Registered

Post by true_liez » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Hi all!

By the grace of God i have got my ILR today. i have been a silent reader on this forum. My case was straight forward except once out of time application by 3 days.Please check my timeline on skydrive. Applied on 28/01/2014.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:20 pm

zeeco786 wrote:By the grace of Allah I have received my Docs and approval letter today, Alhamdullillah. Just waiting for BRP now. Thank you all, you guys have been very helpful in this stressful time. My TL is given below:

Application sent: 21/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter: 23/01/2014
Bio invitation : 07/02/2014
Bio done: 12/02/2014
Ilr ganted: 16/04/2014
Documents & Approval letter received: 17/04/2014
Brp received: Waiting

Good luck to all who are waiting for theirs. InshAllah you guys will get yours soon.
congrats ! yours was under process till yesterday isnt?