ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

malik15

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by malik15 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:12 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hi Guys
Just tracked my application on Royal Mail Website this is the message so just wanted to share as i have send return envelope
applied on 13 March 2014. Lets see what is inside when i receive it back may be tomorrow

We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 24/07/14. If you have purchased Saturday guarantee, your delivery will be guaranteed on Saturday

Last update: 24 July 2014, 01:00pm

REgards
Did you call HO today? If yes, what time.

I'm in the same situation calling everyday and getting same reply: In progress or still pending. They even say it's not with any caseworker.

I applied on 17th March.

gulll

Post by gulll » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:39 pm

hello all, can some one upload my time line please.
my details are given below.
came to UK in July 2004, had all my previous extension application successful and without any problem apart from my last Tier 1 general extension which was refused, been on section 3C and 3D for last seven months, appeal hearing is set for end of October, but with solicitor advise made a fresh application for long residence without withdrawing pending appeal. Application was sent with covering letter on 10th of July, got acknowledgement letter on 17th of july dated 14th july.
Now all wait is for a positive out come, hope and pray my application get successful.

gulll

Post by gulll » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:14 am

hassan5805 wrote:Yes Both come separate but i have not received my documents yet but i have received my bio metric card.

Regards

heartiest congratulations brother for your successful application and an end to this long ordeal.
I have just applied my case got acknowledgement letter only, my case is a bit similar to yours but the only difference is I did't withdraw my appeal, made a fresh application with appeal pending due to be heard in October.

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:29 am

cool mind wrote:
Just tracked my application on Royal Mail Website this is the message so just wanted to share as i have send return envelope
applied on 13 March 2014. Lets see what is inside when i receive it back may be tomorrow

We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 24/07/14. If you have purchased Saturday guarantee, your delivery will be guaranteed on Saturday

REgards
i believe it will be good news. Can you give information as what type of return envelope you send and how you bought it? And did you write your returning address or they will themselves write.
Just go to RoyalMail office with your documents to send and ask the staff you want to buy and include a Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed Returns Envelope. Royal Mail staff will charge you additional £6 or £7 and will scan an envelope and will give you to write your address for returning documents and then they will enclose that envelope alongwith your documents. Make sure you make a note of tracking number of the return envelope. They gonna give you a small white sticky paper with the tracking number of return delievery and it looks like for example (ZI586985609GB) and there you are . Track the number of Royal mail website around the time when you think the return is expected. REGARDS

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 am

malik15 wrote:

REgards

I'm in the same situation calling everyday and getting same reply: In progress or still pending. They even say it's not with any caseworker.

I applied on 17th March.
Malik Bro Last time i called HO was on 22/07/2014 around 3PM and their answer was as usual. In Progress but yesterday on 23/07/2014 i preferred not to call them i was just sick of getting the same answer so i avoided but in the evening around 07:20PM i check the tracking number on Royal mail website and it said Item is on its way. Donot worry mate till yesterday i believed i am the only one left and was feeling shattered as i posted my frustration on 19:01 on this forum and 19:15 i got it tracked mean the game changes in a minute so INSHALLAH you and my all other freinds gonna hear their good news very soon. GOOD LUCK to ALL as we have given our 10 precious and non refundable non returnable years of once born life. ALLAH will take this into account and will favour us. I will share my information as soon as i get my package in the morning still thinking what news it could be inside .
Regards.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:50 am

Mskhan78 have some sleep now ..... In Shaaa Allah it will be ur approval letter with all othr docs.

Regards

quote="mskhan78"]
malik15 wrote:

REgards

I applied on 17th March.
Malik Bro Last time i called HO was on 22/07/2014 around 3PM and their answer was as usual. In Progress but yesterday on 23/07/2014 i preferred not to call them i was just sick of getting the same answer so i avoided but in the evening around 07:20PM i check the tracking number on Royal mail website and it said Item is on its way. Donot worry mate till yesterday i believed i am the only one left and was feeling shattered as i posted my frustration on 19:01 on this forum and 19:15 i got it tracked mean the game changes in a minute so INSHALLAH you and my all other freinds gonna hear their good news very soon. GOOD LUCK to ALL as we have given our 10 precious and non refundable non returnable years of once born life. ALLAH will take this into account and will favour us. I will share my information as soon as i get my package in the morning still thinking what news it could be inside .
Regards.[/quote]
ILR Applied: 11-04-2014
Biometric Done: 01-05-2014
Approval Received: 20-08-2014 (Letter Dated: 18-08-2014)
BRP Received: 21-08-2014 (Valid from: 18-08-2014)

Alhamdulillah now enjoying my FREEDOM

Got British Passport December 2015

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:01 am

JAZAKALLAH for the Wish Rehan Bro, Will take some rest . Regards
rehan01 wrote:Mskhan78 have some sleep now ..... In Shaaa Allah it will be ur approval letter with all othr docs.

Regards

quote="mskhan78"]
malik15 wrote:

REgards

I applied on 17th March.
Regards.
[/quote]

tryagain3
Newly Registered

Post by tryagain3 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:23 am

cool mind wrote:Hello successful & in process applicants. Can you guys please tell that when the set (lr) fee is deducted then what beneficiary's name (Home Office/UKBA/UKVI) shows in statement. This is because if someone instruct his bank/credit card company in advance as who will deduct the fee then which name we need to tell them (Home office/UKBA/UKVI).
it should deduct within one week after you post them and transaction appears as Home Office

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:12 am

Guys when you apply through solicitor , whom theyt send approval letter? Applicant or solicitor?

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:45 am

Hi in my case the acknowledgement went to solicitor's and biometric came to my mum's house(my old address).

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:34 am

I am applying Set (LR) next month and FLR (FP) for my wife, both applications forms require different address to send, but I wanted my wife application FLR (FP) to decide / consider after mine Set (LR); what’s the best method to send?

• Should I put both application forms in one / same envelope and send at Set (LR) address?
• Or should I send my mrs FLR (FP) at its own address "separately"?

Or those who applied for their Spouse for FLR (M) along with their Set (LR) did they send them in same envelope or send separately?
N/A

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:41 am

Jazak Allah Brother and inshalla you will be getting this week because your timeline same as mine. Both of us submitted application same day...
Good Luck and hope allah swt makes easy for you ameen

NasirNNN wrote:Congrats Hassan

I am really happy for you that is great news i was so furstated this week calling HO again again and same reply in progress but ur case give hope to all of us

enjoy ur freedom and pray for all of us

Regards
hassan5805 wrote:By The grace of Allah Swt i got my ILR approved today.

My case was very complicated i was on section 3c and 3d since March 2012.. But Allhumdulliah I got visa after 28 months. First i was on appeal of PSW since March 2012 then i appealed and lost my appeal First tier tribunal and upper Tier tribunal. Then i put my case to COA and when my ten years completed i withdrawn my appeal and put fresh application of ILR and Allhmdulliah i got today.

Applied on 17 March 2014
Biometric done 29 March 2014
Biometric Card recieved today Dated 18 July 2014
Documents Still waiting.

Goodluck to everyone and whoever waiting Inshalla you all be getting soon.
Jazak Allah Kher Everyone this forum is brilliant and heled me a lot. Thanks a lot Amber especially.

Best Regards
Hassan

ashoknairs
Newly Registered

Post by ashoknairs » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 am

modern_newton wrote:Guys when you apply through solicitor , whom theyt send approval letter? Applicant or solicitor?
For me, acknowledgement letter came to my home address and Biometric letter went to my solicitor.
My time line .
Application sent : 24 March 2014
Acknowledgement received : 03 April 2014
Biometric Letter received : 01/05/2014
Biometric Done : 05/05/2014
Approval Letter : Awaiting.....
Hopefully wont be too long...

Regards....

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:46 am

Tier 4 wrote:I am applying Set (LR) next month and FLR (FP) for my wife, both applications forms require different address to send, but I wanted my wife application FLR (FP) to decide / consider after mine Set (LR); what’s the best method to send?

• Should I put both application forms in one / same envelope and send at Set (LR) address?
• Or should I send my mrs FLR (FP) at its own address "separately"?

Or those who applied for their Spouse for FLR (M) along with their Set (LR) did they send them in same envelope or send separately?
Hi Tier4,
Both the applications will go to different addresses. Addresses are in the respective applications.
Please write a covering letter with your Mrs FLR(FP), explaining that you are the sponsor, and that your wife is your dependent, and that you have just applied for ILR through SET(LR), and that obviously you don't have a Home Office reference number for the application yet, but that could be provided if they need it later, once you receive the acknowledgement letter. And request Home Office to hold decision on your Mrs FLR(FP) till your SET(LR) is decided. I did the same with my Mrs FLR(M) and they send an acknowledgement letter to her saying that they have put her application on hold till there is a final decision on my application, and when I received my ILR, I was just thinking to write to them to start the process on my wife application, but she got the approval letter the very next day, so you understand, they will club your Mrs application with you and as soon as they make a decision on your application they will immediately decided your Mrs application and send it. I hope the explanation helps. All the best with your forthcoming applications.Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:49 am

mskhan78 wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:By The grace of Allah Swt i got my ILR approved today.

My case was very complicated i was on section 3c and 3d since March 2012.. But Allhumdulliah I got visa after 28 months. First i was on appeal of PSW since March 2012 then i appealed and lost my appeal First tier tribunal and upper Tier tribunal. Then i put my case to COA and when my ten years completed i withdrawn my appeal and put fresh application of ILR and Allhmdulliah i got today.

Applied on 17 March 2014
Biometric done 29 March 2014
Biometric Card recieved today Dated 18 July 2014
Documents Still waiting.

Goodluck to everyone and whoever waiting Inshalla you all be getting soon.
Jazak Allah Kher Everyone this forum is brilliant and heled me a lot. Thanks a lot Amber especially.

Best Regards
Hassan
Congratulations Mate. Godo Luck for the Future
Thank you very much Brother and Congragulations in Advance you be getting good news today Inshalla

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:53 am

gulll wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:Yes Both come separate but i have not received my documents yet but i have received my bio metric card.

Regards

heartiest congratulations brother for your successful application and an end to this long ordeal.
I have just applied my case got acknowledgement letter only, my case is a bit similar to yours but the only difference is I did't withdraw my appeal, made a fresh application with appeal pending due to be heard in October.
Thanks a lot Brov,,, Inshalla you will be getting news soon.
You have done the right thing. If you see on previous pages one of the guy done samething as you did and got successful and i would suggest you not to get too worry and Inshalla by the Grace of Allah swt will be getting approved ILR just keep praying...

Jazak Allah kher

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:56 am

REgards
Any good news Brother...

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:56 am

KashRIz wrote:Guys its just the Guidance notes not the Approval letter. You cannot sue HO on the bases of Guidance notes simple is that and HO is not obliged to give you 2 yrs visa as they sent you wrong set of guidance notes with approval letter.
Spatacus wrote:
Lemar wrote:Hi Spartacus,

Do you know whether all letters say 2 years and then it depends on the brp?

I used a solicitor for flr m and when I asked about the letter saying 2 years, the solicitor said that everyone gets that letter because the home office are using an old letter.
Hi Lemar
Thats correct. I think Home Office is using a standard letter for everyone. Both the 2years and 2.5Year.
However , if your letter says 2yrs then your BRP should be 2yrs as well.
Hope this helps
I fully agree with KashRIz, the approval letter has no time mentioned on it, it is just the general guidance notes that have 2 years mentioned on it, hence non challengeable in courts. The BRP should be for 2 years only than it means that the case is under the old immigration rules, means the old rules where they could have combined any time spend before on dependents status. New applications are under appendix FM and have to spend 5 years to qualify for ILR. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am

allwell46 wrote:Dear shahjee

Thank you for pm, i am replying but looks like my pm system is not working and message got stuck in outbox folder as always, can you plz contact me at my email allwell46@yahoo.com

Can the admin plz fix my pm system
Hi allwell46, I got your PM, and I have replied to it, please check that.
Kind regards
Shahjee

scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Shah jee

Hope u r doing well.

Me and my mrs exhausted all our appeal rights in Feb 2014. In the meantime i completed my 10 years and pllied for SET (LR) and my Mrs applied for FLR(FP) in March 2014 which was put on hold until a decission was made on my application. Now i have received my ILR and i want to vary my wife's FLR(FP) with FLR(M). As her application was submitted in March 2014 and now i will vary it to FLR(M0, do u think it should be considered under old rules.? I know that the application submitted in March was FLR(FP and not FLR(M) but FLR application was actually in the Home Office in March.

What do u think.?

I fully agree with KashRIz, the approval letter has no time mentioned on it, it is just the general guidance notes that have 2 years mentioned on it, hence non challengeable in courts. The BRP should be for 2 years only than it means that the case is under the old immigration rules, means the old rules where they could have combined any time spend before on dependents status. New applications are under appendix FM and have to spend 5 years to qualify for ILR. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:51 am

ALHAMDOLILLAH FINALLY ALLAH HAS ANSWERED MY PATIENCE. GOT APPROVAL LETTER DATED 22.07.2014 :D . Waiting for BRP now.
Applied on 13 march 2014.
THANKS TO ALL AS THIS FORUM HAS BEEN A FANTASTIC SUPPORT.
Let me find this opportunity to wish all the friends waiting.Guys you all gonna get it INSHALLAH.
REGARDS
Last edited by mskhan78 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 am

Hi again can any one please advise me how to chase BRP is there any number to call
Regards

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:02 am

cool mind wrote:Glad to see that Shahjee sail back to forum :D :). Shahjee on new set (LR) a new question (D#14) about ties with country born/where lived 5 years, what's your view as how should it be replied.
Hi cool mind,
Regards to question D14, I saw a similar question on my wife FLR(M) application form, and we answer it as her country of birth, and that she still have friends, and extended family, like brothers, sisters, nephew and nieces back home. And she didn't had any issues on that question, so I would say a simple answer like this would do. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:06 am

mskhan78 wrote:ALHAMDOLILLAH FINALLY ALLAH HAS ANSWERED MY PATIENCE. GOT APPROVAL LETTER DATED 22.07.2014 :D . Waiting for BRP now.
Let me find this opportunity to wish all the friends waiting.Guys you all gonna get it INSHALLAH.
REGARDS
Congratulations mskhan78, well done, well deserved.
The numbers for the DX are 08443713335 and 084443710000, just call them and give them your postcode, and ask if there is any thing waiting for you to be delivered or is out for delivery, mind it they will need to check your ID before they hand it over to you or any one at home, so be ready with that. I hope the BRP is not far. Enjoy mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:14 am

mskhan78 wrote:ALHAMDOLILLAH FINALLY ALLAH HAS ANSWERED MY PATIENCE. GOT APPROVAL LETTER DATED 22.07.2014 :D . Waiting for BRP now.
REGARDS
Congrats & enjoy your freedom mskhan
regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March