ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shahjee1234

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:29 am

scorpio81 wrote:Hi Shah jee

Hope u r doing well.

Me and my mrs exhausted all our appeal rights in Feb 2014. In the meantime i completed my 10 years and pllied for SET (LR) and my Mrs applied for FLR(FP) in March 2014 which was put on hold until a decission was made on my application. Now i have received my ILR and i want to vary my wife's FLR(FP) with FLR(M). As her application was submitted in March 2014 and now i will vary it to FLR(M0, do u think it should be considered under old rules.? I know that the application submitted in March was FLR(FP and not FLR(M) but FLR application was actually in the Home Office in March.

What do u think.?

I fully agree with KashRIz, the approval letter has no time mentioned on it, it is just the general guidance notes that have 2 years mentioned on it, hence non challengeable in courts. The BRP should be for 2 years only than it means that the case is under the old immigration rules, means the old rules where they could have combined any time spend before on dependents status. New applications are under appendix FM and have to spend 5 years to qualify for ILR. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

Hi Scorpio81,
Very interesting scenario by the way. First thing first is that you have to act very swiftly, because they will be deciding on your Mrs FLR(FP) soon, as I could see on the google drive they made a decision on your ILR on the 18th of July, which is 6 days from today. Frankly in your Mrs case you have nothing to lose, it's worth giving a try. Firstly you will save on the fee, as although you have to pay again for the FLR(M) but they will refund the fee you paid for FLR(FP) later on. Secondly you have a valid point that as FLR(FP) was already in for March, although you are making a different application now, but you are actually varying the grounds of the initial application FLR(FP) which was already in for March 2014, and ideally there is an out side chance that they issue her a visa under the old rules for 2 years. Considering both the points of saving fee and taking the chance of getting the visa under the old rules, it's worth giving a try, but as I suggested you have to act swiftly, get FLR(M) ready and call the Home Office to let them know that you are about to do that, so that you stop them making a decision on that initial application FLR(FP) as according to my experience that will be due any time, so time is of essence here mate. I hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

March10LR
Newly Registered

Post by March10LR » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 am

All the best to everyone who is still waiting.

Mskhan,
You would most likely get your BRP card in a day or two. I got my approval letter and documents yesterday and my BRP arrived this morning.

I just want to praise God for his faithfulness over my life in this land. I am so happy that I can attend my conferences again. Thank you everyone for keeping this forum active as it does help to see progress now and again.

My very best wishes in all your endeavour.

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 am

AlhamduLillah... By the grace of God... I just got my parcel and my approval letter Dated: 22 July 2014 in there.

It,s a big big relief. Thanks God. After a long time of Desperately wait.Finally got my ILR..

Thanks everyone here on this forum all brother ,sisters specially Shahgee and sister aurnouc.. all of you prayed for me.

I keep praying for all of you.

Good luck who are still waiting ...

scorpio81

Post by scorpio81 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:45 am

Thank you very much shah gee

I will get this sorted soon. Fingers crossed.!

shahjee1234 wrote:
scorpio81 wrote:Hi Shah jee

Hope u r doing well.

Me and my mrs exhausted all our appeal rights in Feb 2014. In the meantime i completed my 10 years and pllied for SET (LR) and my Mrs applied for FLR(FP) in March 2014 which was put on hold until a decission was made on my application. Now i have received my ILR and i want to vary my wife's FLR(FP) with FLR(M). As her application was submitted in March 2014 and now i will vary it to FLR(M0, do u think it should be considered under old rules.? I know that the application submitted in March was FLR(FP and not FLR(M) but FLR application was actually in the Home Office in March.

What do u think.?

I fully agree with KashRIz, the approval letter has no time mentioned on it, it is just the general guidance notes that have 2 years mentioned on it, hence non challengeable in courts. The BRP should be for 2 years only than it means that the case is under the old immigration rules, means the old rules where they could have combined any time spend before on dependents status. New applications are under appendix FM and have to spend 5 years to qualify for ILR. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi Scorpio81,
Very interesting scenario by the way. First thing first is that you have to act very swiftly, because they will be deciding on your Mrs FLR(FP) soon, as I could see on the google drive they made a decision on your ILR on the 18th of July, which is 6 days from today. Frankly in your Mrs case you have nothing to lose, it's worth giving a try. Firstly you will save on the fee, as although you have to pay again for the FLR(M) but they will refund the fee you paid for FLR(FP) later on. Secondly you have a valid point that as FLR(FP) was already in for March, although you are making a different application now, but you are actually varying the grounds of the initial application FLR(FP) which was already in for March 2014, and ideally there is an out side chance that they issue her a visa under the old rules for 2 years. Considering both the points of saving fee and taking the chance of getting the visa under the old rules, it's worth giving a try, but as I suggested you have to act swiftly, get FLR(M) ready and call the Home Office to let them know that you are about to do that, so that you stop them making a decision on that initial application FLR(FP) as according to my experience that will be due any time, so time is of essence here mate. I hope it helps. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:48 am

Insomnia wrote:AlhamduLillah... By the grace of God... I just got my parcel and my approval letter Dated: 22 July 2014 in there.

It,s a big big relief. Thanks God. After a long time of Desperately wait.Finally got my ILR..

Thanks everyone here on this forum all brother ,sisters specially Shahgee and sister aurnouc.. all of you prayed for me.

Hi Insomnia, what a news mate, well done. See we told you it's good news. Well deserved brother. Enjoy your freedom. Please remember us in your prayers and we will do the same for you. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 am

mskhan78 wrote:ALHAMDOLILLAH FINALLY ALLAH HAS ANSWERED MY PATIENCE. GOT APPROVAL LETTER DATED 22.07.2014 :D . Waiting for BRP now.
Applied on 13 march 2014.
THANKS TO ALL AS THIS FORUM HAS BEEN A FANTASTIC SUPPORT.
Let me find this opportunity to wish all the friends waiting.Guys you all gonna get it INSHALLAH.
REGARDS
Congratulation buddy and enjoy your freedom.

Regards

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:56 am

Insomnia wrote:AlhamduLillah... By the grace of God... I just got my parcel and my approval letter Dated: 22 July 2014 in there.

Mashalla Congratulations and enjoy your freedom.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:11 am

Congratulations mskhan78! Nature given you eidy just before Eid in the form of ilr :D :D . When did you apply and what documents did you attach??

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:13 am

mskhan78 wrote:ALHAMDOLILLAH FINALLY ALLAH HAS ANSWERED MY PATIENCE. GOT APPROVAL LETTER DATED 22.07.2014 :D . Waiting for BRP now.
Let me find this opportunity to wish all the friends waiting.Guys you all gonna get it INSHALLAH.
REGARDS

Congratulations mate

I just received my package and BRP same day within 2 hours. Dont worry it,s already on the way. if it,s not today you must get it tomorrow then In Sha Allah..

Good luck for your future ..

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 am

Congratulations Mskhan78, this has been a very good week.

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 am

shahjee1234 wrote:

Hi Insomnia, what a news mate, well done. See we told you it's good news. Well deserved brother. Enjoy your freedom. Please remember us in your prayers and we will do the same for you. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Thanks very much Shahgee

I will contact you soon again. i have some other matters pending which i need advice from you. JazakAllah Khaer

march_ilr

Post by march_ilr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:21 am

Mrs.P wrote:Congratulations Mskhan78, this has been a very good week.
Mrs. p

U R next..

regards;
march_ilr
Applied for FREEDOM on the 20th March

Mrs.P

Post by Mrs.P » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Thanks. We both applied on the same day, it will be good if we get our approvals on the same day. I am keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:08 pm

REGARDS
congrats bro happy to hear this good news after this long wait u deserve it

wish you best of luck for future and remeber us in ur prayers

Regards

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:10 pm

allwell46 wrote:Dear all

Just to share good news with all of you.
By the Grace Of God, my wife has been granted two years flrm visa, we hv received the brp card today.

Thank you so much this forum.
Good luck with every one s applications.

allwell46 wrote:Hello All

I had applied for my wife's FLR M on 03 April 2014 while my ILR on 10 years basis were being considered. I have received my ILR recently and just received my wife's FLR M passport, documents and home office letter back.
It does not say anything about approved or reject but I assume it is approved because there is no rejection letter. In the home office letter it says you can apply ILR after 2 years but I believe these are standard letters to every one for just guidance. I have phoned to DX courier to find out if there is any delivery for us and they said no.

What do u thing Is it approved and if so how long is the visa?
We are desperately praying for 2 years visa as my wife was pre july 2012 pbs dependant and we applied before 6 april 2014 before fm appendix kicks in.

Please guide

congrats both of you:)
you mentioned
(I had applied for my wife's FLR M on 03 April 2014 while my ILR on 10 years basis were being considered)

what that mean?

does it mean that your wife's visa was running out and you requested home office not to take decion on flr(M) while your set (lr) application decided???
please clarify
thanks
helostar

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Congrats bro and enjoy ur freedom this week so many successful cases

wish u good luck for future and remeber us in ur prayers

Regards

helostar
Newly Registered

Post by helostar » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:13 pm

NasirNNN wrote:
REGARDS

Regards
congrats:) bro

did you apply 28 days earlier of your qualifying time????

thanks
helostar

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:15 pm

Many Congratulations dear Brother!! Such a wonderful news im so happy for u, texted my hubby too and he is also saying congrats to you. Alhumdolillah now you can enjoy Eid happiness truly from today :D Do offer shukrana soon :)

Praying for everybody else now!

aurnoc

Post by aurnoc » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:21 pm

Congrats mskhan78. Enjoy your freedom :D
REGARDS

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Shahjee bhai i send you pm please reply,
Last edited by boyb82 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Tier 4 wrote:I am applying Set (LR) next month and FLR (FP) for my wife, both applications forms require different address to send, but I wanted my wife application FLR (FP) to decide / consider after mine Set (LR); what’s the best method to send?

• Should I put both application forms in one / same envelope and send at Set (LR) address?
• Or should I send my mrs FLR (FP) at its own address "separately"?

Or those who applied for their Spouse for FLR (M) along with their Set (LR) did they send them in same envelope or send separately?
Hi Tier4,
Both the applications will go to different addresses. Addresses are in the respective applications.
Please write a covering letter with your Mrs FLR(FP), explaining that you are the sponsor, and that your wife is your dependent, and that you have just applied for ILR through SET(LR), and that obviously you don't have a Home Office reference number for the application yet, but that could be provided if they need it later, once you receive the acknowledgement letter. And request Home Office to hold decision on your Mrs FLR(FP) till your SET(LR) is decided. I did the same with my Mrs FLR(M) and they send an acknowledgement letter to her saying that they have put her application on hold till there is a final decision on my application, and when I received my ILR, I was just thinking to write to them to start the process on my wife application, but she got the approval letter the very next day, so you understand, they will club your Mrs application with you and as soon as they make a decision on your application they will immediately decided your Mrs application and send it. I hope the explanation helps. All the best with your forthcoming applications.Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Many thnaks that was a great help, may Allah bless you with happiness.

Much appreciated
N/A

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Thanks Nasir bhai May ALLAH bless u..
NasirNNN wrote:
REGARDS

Regards

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks Helostar i applied 22 days before 10 years completion
Regards
helostar wrote:
NasirNNN wrote:
REGARDS

Regards
congrats:) bro

did you apply 28 days earlier of your qualifying time????

thanks
helostar

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Guys just to update Got BRP as well.
Regards and thanks once again everyone Wish you Good luck guys

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks aurnoc MAY GOD BLESS YOU
aurnoc wrote:Congrats mskhan78. Enjoy your freedom :D
REGARDS