ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkrupani
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by mkrupani » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi Helostar,

Docs sent

2 pics
Passports
Life in uk test cert
Bachelors degree cert
6 mnths bank statements
Covering letter

I had actually applied 3 months after i completed my 10 yrs stay

shahabrar
Newly Registered

Post by shahabrar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:48 pm

amason wrote:
tumbin wrote:
shahabrar wrote:Hi Guys And Gurus
Need your help bit confused about my long residency 10 year ILR
I came here in September 2004 on student visa at this moment I am on Entrepreneur Visa got on May 2014
My wife and my Son came on dependent visa in March 2005 and or on dependent visa
I have two daughters born in UK during my stay (2nd daughter dont have any visa because she born during my visa process for enterpreneur)
My first question is
(Sorry I dont know much about the rule so all your help will be much appreciated)
Can my dependents apply with me?
If no will I have to apply their visa after my ILR?
Or I dont have to apply their visa because they already got the dependent visa? if yes is there any need to inform HO? And I apply for their ILR when their 10 years complete which are after 6 months?
How I will apply for my daughter visas or I dont need any visa and can apply for British passport after my ILR even for younger one who dont have passport?
Please guide me I know I am asking lot of questions but too much confused and will highly highly appreciate your response on all questions
will wait for your feedback guys
Thanks in Advance
Dear Shahabrar,

You can apply 28 days before completion of your 10 years so if u apply now you will probably get ur ILR in Jan/Feb by that time ur wife 10 year completed as well again she can apply 28 days in advance for her ILR. Regarding children , anyone born here can apply for nationality after one of u get ILR. so dont worry too much about children does not matter where they were born, once one of u get ILR they will be sorted automatically.
I hope it clear ur confusion.
Regards

On the contrary, it matters where a child was born. A UK born just needs to register as British after a parent gets ILR however if born abroad; the child will need to apply for ILR first. So the son who came from abroad will also have apply for ILR
Thanks for your reply but I will appreciate if you please guide me the other issues I mentioned in the question posting them here again
Or I dont have to apply their visa because they already got the dependent visa? if yes is there any need to inform HO? And I apply for their ILR when their 10 years complete which are after 6 months?

shahabrar
Newly Registered

Post by shahabrar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:49 pm

tumbin wrote:
shahabrar wrote:Hi Guys And Gurus
Need your help bit confused about my long residency 10 year ILR
I came here in September 2004 on student visa at this moment I am on Entrepreneur Visa got on May 2014
My wife and my Son came on dependent visa in March 2005 and or on dependent visa
I have two daughters born in UK during my stay (2nd daughter dont have any visa because she born during my visa process for enterpreneur)
My first question is
(Sorry I dont know much about the rule so all your help will be much appreciated)
How I will apply for my daughter visas or I dont need any visa and can apply for British passport after my ILR even for younger one who dont have passport?
Please guide me I know I am asking lot of questions but too much confused and will highly highly appreciate your response on all questions
will wait for your feedback guys
Thanks in Advance
Dear Shahabrar,

You can apply 28 days before completion of your 10 years so if u apply now you will probably get ur ILR in Jan/Feb by that time ur wife 10 year completed as well again she can apply 28 days in advance for her ILR. Regarding children , anyone born here can apply for nationality after one of u get ILR. so dont worry too much about children does not matter where they were born, once one of u get ILR they will be sorted automatically.
I hope it clear ur confusion.
Regards
Thanks for your reply but I will appreciate if you please guide me the other issues I mentioned in the question posting them here again

Vandan044
Newly Registered

Post by Vandan044 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:06 pm

My timeline:

Application sent: 20/08/2014

Acknowledgement letter received:

Biometric letter received:

Biometric enrolled:

Please someone add my details on google drive.
Thanks

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:27 pm

Vandan044 wrote:My timeline:

Acknowledgement letter received:

Biometric letter received:

Biometric enrolled:

Please someone add my details on google drive.
Thanks
Added... I applied a day after you and had payment taken today. Can you please update once you have received your ack. letter

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 pm

My timelines:

Applied on 16-08-14
Ackn. letter received on : 26-08-14
ZR

ilr10yrs
Newly Registered

Post by ilr10yrs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:20 pm

Dear Gurus,moderators and all valuable members of this forum
i need advice
this post is just on a friend behalf.
i have a best friend here so i just want a query for him as i dont know anything about his query. His Case is as Below
My friend arrived in this country on 11th october 2004. About 2 months ago he applied for a student visa on a college letter but unfortunately that college got suspended from the list.But he gave his finger prints and interview too but till today's date the case is still with the home office and no decision has been made yet as the college is trying to come back on the list . also someone told him that the home office will decide first on the college and then yours case.
My friend has also sent his wife documents as well as his Dependent. just to make it clear his wife only came last year to this country on a dependant visa. Now he is just waiting for the 10 years completion which he will complete on 13 sep prior 28 days.Now my questions are below
1. can he vary his application by applying 28 days before his 10 years completion?
2.if yes then which form and how he can apply (the actual process)
3. what about the dependent ,his wife?
4. any financial requirement
5. will my friend show income threshold of 18600 ?

i will be much appreciating all your kind replies
Kind Regards
Ijaz khan

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:41 pm

ilr10yrs wrote:Hi to EVeryone and Special thanks to shahji1234, khan_81 and Coolmind for helping me out filling the form in the right way specially for that tricky part. without a doubt you all have helped me a lot and i m really really grateful to you ALL and this wonderful forum.

Today I have sent my ILR application . so can anybody uploads my details into the google drive please as soon as i recieved further info i will keep updating it.
My Timeline:
Application send: 26/08/2014
Acknowledgement received:
Biometric received:
Biometric recorded:
Approval date:
Docs received:
BRP: waiting.
Good luck for your application. I am also going to apply in a week time. Hope you hear a good news soon.
Regards
Bharat

amason

Post by amason » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:13 am

Hi Sha; you cannot apply at the same with your dependants however your current visa is still valid until your case is decided. You don't have to inform HO. As mentioned in an earlier post your mrs and son (not UK born) can apply for their own ILR 28 days before their 10th anniversary. Hope this helps

ilr10yrs
Newly Registered

Post by ilr10yrs » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:33 am

bharatsharma wrote:
ilr10yrs wrote:Hi to EVeryone and Special thanks to shahji1234, khan_81 and Coolmind for helping me out filling the form in the right way specially for that tricky part. without a doubt you all have helped me a lot and i m really really grateful to you ALL and this wonderful forum.

Today I have sent my ILR application . so can anybody uploads my details into the google drive please as soon as i recieved further info i will keep updating it.
My Timeline:
Application send: 26/08/2014
Biometric received:
Biometric recorded:
Approval date:
Docs received:
BRP: waiting.
Good luck for your application. I am also going to apply in a week time. Hope you hear a good news soon.
Regards
Bharat
Many Thanks Bharatsharma for the kind words

Best wishes for you as well

Kind Regards
Ijaz Khan

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:41 am

Question to all
In set(lr) form in payment section which example is best to follow when writing 16 digits of debit card:

Example 1:

Example 2:
1234 5678 9876 3456

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:15 am

gondal777 wrote:i need advice

i got my ilr on 10 year bases and my wife got spouse visa . can i apply her ilr now .. because i applied her flrm before 6th april and home office issued her 2 year visa.. she is here from 4th april 2012 on tier one dependent... if she can... please anybody provide me a cover letter what to mention and how to explain on cover letter.. i will be very thank full to you if some one call me on my number 07872334339 or email me gondal777@yahoo.com ...thanks

best regards
Irfan gondal
Hi gondal 77

As u mentioned your wife applied before 6th of April and she was issued 2 year visa she can apply for ILR on SET(M) form either by post or PEO appointment.
If you are applying by post then you can explain in letter that ur wife came here before 9th of july 2012 and she applied spouse visa before 6th of April 14 so she can combine her stay as Tier One dependent and stay as spouse to complete her 2 years stay in UK.Ask Shahjee or any other senior member if they have any template letter for that.But i think letter is not necessary but if u want you can explain them by writing letter.As she was issued 2 year visa so it's shouldn't be a big issue.
I will apply for my wife ILR by SET (M) but i will apply same day service in first week of September.Will let you know what happen.
if possible apply same day service.

Kind Regards

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 am

fielddrive wrote:It looks like my credit card was charged today. The available balance has been reduced by £1093. :D

I was a bit worried my card may get declined and to be on the safe side I left a note with the card issuer to expect such a transaction. Lets see how long it takes for the charge to appear in my account
Don't worry fielddrive Home Office fee Deduction Department is faster than Bullet Train :D and only department you can trust

so i assure u funds will be out of ur account today or tomorrow as they already have claimed it

Kind Regards

Anon8525
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Anon8525 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:35 am

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to apply for ILR (10 year rule). I am a non-visa national and I first entered the country (in September 2004) on a visitor visa (i.e. it was a visa on arrival). But my original intention was to study here and I had offer letter etc, which I showed to the immigration officer at the airport. After 6 months (before my visitor visa expired) I applied for a student visa. I was granted a visa in March 2005 till October 2008. Will this visitor visa be an issue?

I've had to renew my visas over the past 10 years. For example, after my undergrad, I applied for a PhD and obtained a new visa in September 2008, which was valid till February 2012. However, I changed my PhD topic after a year and I had to start a new PhD. As a result, I had to obtain an extension to my visa (which was Tier 4) in January 2012 and it was valid till April 2014. In December 2013 I obtained a Tier 2 general visa (valid till January 2016) when I was offered a job as a researcher.

I have met all other requirements (number of days outside the country, criminal offences etc). But I don't think my application is straight-forward because I entered the country with a visitor visa, and I'd like to find out if I should use a lawyer to make my visa application stress-free. Any advice on this is much appreciated!

Thanks!

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:39 am

NasirNNN wrote:
fielddrive wrote:It looks like my credit card was charged today. The available balance has been reduced by £1093. :D

I was a bit worried my card may get declined and to be on the safe side I left a note with the card issuer to expect such a transaction. Lets see how long it takes for the charge to appear in my account
Don't worry fielddrive Home Office fee Deduction Department is faster than Bullet Train :D and only department you can trust

so i assure u funds will be out of ur account today or tomorrow as they already have claimed it

Kind Regards
well said Nasir bhai :lol:

wish rest of the casework team is also as fast as the 'bullet train'

Sanju2014
Newly Registered

Post by Sanju2014 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:12 am

Hi,

Earlier me and my wife both received our ILR.
I was on tier 1 general visa before that and my son born here
Was my dependent. Is there any time limit that I have to apply
For my son MN1 application as he is still on my previous visa category
Dependent.

Reply would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Regards
Sanju

vimi

Post by vimi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:50 am

She came on december 8 2004 and her visa expiring on 28 october 2014. sorry was a mistake i wrote november.[/quote]

Hi Vimi,
Ok thats fine. if she came in to the UK on 8th of December 2004 and her current Visa is expiring on the 28th of October 2014.

The good news is she will qualify for her SET (LR) on the 11th of November 2014 (28-days before completing her 10th year)

Alternatively;

Option (b1)....... she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(LR) on the 11th of November 2014.

OR

Option (b2)........ she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(M) immediately after if she has been your dependent since (Before) 9th July 2012.

She cannot apply for British Registration using form MN1 because she was not born in the UK.

hope this clarifies your confusion.[/quote]

@Spactacus

Thank u very much for all the clarification so far. one last question. does that mean i have to pay the fees for flr m and again set m !!![/quote][/quote]

Hello Guys

I hope u can clear one last thing for me before i start filling the Form FLR (M). As i have got my ILR and I am in the process of applying for my two dependant on FLR M then SET LR, do i have to meet the income threshold i mean like £18600 as mentioned on FLR M. I am planning to put FLR M by the end of october then SET LR by 12 november.

Thank you for any advice.

Vimi

Mikekhan
Newly Registered

Post by Mikekhan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:09 am

Thanks khan_81... Spoke to a solicitor who said he ll charge £120 for checking documents.. NO thanks rip off! Really useful forum considering we all get rip off in visa fees I'll say at least 5k before we get UK passport. Can do with helping each other & save some ££££...

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:33 am

vimi wrote:She came on december 8 2004 and her visa expiring on 28 october 2014. sorry was a mistake i wrote november.
Hi Vimi,
Ok thats fine. if she came in to the UK on 8th of December 2004 and her current Visa is expiring on the 28th of October 2014.

The good news is she will qualify for her SET (LR) on the 11th of November 2014 (28-days before completing her 10th year)

Alternatively;

Option (b1)....... she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(LR) on the 11th of November 2014.

OR

Option (b2)........ she will need to apply now with form FLR (M), then apply with SET(M) immediately after if she has been your dependent since (Before) 9th July 2012.

She cannot apply for British Registration using form MN1 because she was not born in the UK.

hope this clarifies your confusion.[/quote]

@Spactacus

Thank u very much for all the clarification so far. one last question. does that mean i have to pay the fees for flr m and again set m !!![/quote][/quote]

Hello Guys

I hope u can clear one last thing for me before i start filling the Form FLR (M). As i have got my ILR and I am in the process of applying for my two dependant on FLR M then SET LR, do i have to meet the income threshold i mean like £18600 as mentioned on FLR M. I am planning to put FLR M by the end of october then SET LR by 12 november.

Thank you for any advice.

Vimi[/quote]

Hi Vimi under which catergory u get ur ILR?

Option b2 is only available for your wife if u get ILR other than Long Residence as rules has changed from 6th April 2014 for dependent of ILR(Long Residence) applicant.

For FLR(M) you have to show income threshold.£18600 is for one dependent please check how much u need to show for 2 dependent.

Senior members correct me if i am wrong.

Kind Regards

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:40 am

Mikekhan wrote:Thanks khan_81... Spoke to a solicitor who said he ll charge £120 for checking documents.. NO thanks rip off! Really useful forum considering we all get rip off in visa fees I'll say at least 5k before we get UK passport. Can do with helping each other & save some ££££...
Don't worry Mikekhan when u get ur ILR u need to send sweets to every member and especially to khan_81 so fee will be sorted then :lol:

With apology to anyone who is solicitor here in my whole life i been never impressed by any solicitor they only know how to rip off there clients.Anyway best of luck for ur ILR

Remember in ur prayers

Regards

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46 am

Sanju2014 wrote:Hi,

Earlier me and my wife both received our ILR.
I was on tier 1 general visa before that and my son born here
Was my dependent. Is there any time limit that I have to apply
For my son MN1 application as he is still on my previous visa category
Dependent.

Reply would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Regards
Sanju
Sanju2014 congrats once again

You should send ur son MN1 application as soon as possible.As status has changed so don't travel before changing ur son status.
after u got ur son British passport u can go on world tour :)
Best of luck

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:00 pm

Hello field drive,
Did you written 16 digit with 4 digit then space order after each 4 digit or without space just written the 16 digit long number.

12years

Post by 12years » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:22 pm

Can someone please upload my details onto the Google drive spread sheet please.

My Timeline:
Biometric received:
Biometric recorded:
Approval date:
Docs received:
BRP:

vimi

Post by vimi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi Vimi under which catergory u get ur ILR?

Option b2 is only available for your wife if u get ILR other than Long Residence as rules has changed from 6th April 2014 for dependent of ILR(Long Residence) applicant.

For FLR(M) you have to show income threshold.£18600 is for one dependent please check how much u need to show for 2 dependent.

Senior members correct me if i am wrong.

Kind Regards[/quote]

Hello

Thank you for replying.

I got my ILR on LR route (10 yrs student). Now my hubby n kid visa expiring in oct but they will complete 10 years in dec. Im going to put FLR M then followed by Set LR. i was asking if i have to meet the income thres. ??? even its withing few weeks i will put Set LR.

Thanks again

Vimi

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:11 pm

cool mind wrote:

Hello field drive,
Did you written 16 digit with 4 digit then space order after each 4 digit or without space just written the 16 digit long number.
I wrote in this format:

XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Used dashes '-' to separate