ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ukvisaengland
- thin ice -

Re: Just Got Documents Back

Post by ukvisaengland » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:29 am

KASHER wrote:Thanks to Almighty Allah just got my passports and documents back while I was reading posts on this forum. Thanks to all specially Shah G for their contribution to this forum which is really a blessing for people like me.
congratulations mate, could you please share your timeline with us

Shay14
Newly Registered

Post by Shay14 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:13 am

Congratulations Kasher. It looks like HO has started with May applications. Please can you let us know whether you received it from Liverpool or Bristol?
Thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:52 am

KASHER wrote:Thanks to Almighty Allah just got my passports and documents back while I was reading posts on this forum. Thanks to all specially Shah G for their contribution to this forum which is really a blessing for people like me.
KASHER Bahi,
Great news, very well done. Many congratulations. Very happy for you.
And I really appreciate your kind words. Every one on the forum is great. May Allah help those who are waiting, and those who are about to apply.
My prayers and best wishes be with you. Enjoy your freedom.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

vimi

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by vimi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:17 pm

vimi wrote:Hi Vimi,
I fully agree with Nasir bahi regards to option b2.
It was a complete wrong advice by who ever gave that to you, don't know how members could be that irresponsible by giving completely wrong information out, we have been debating this issue for so long now, and members are still confused regards to the extension of stay for the Dependents of the SET(LR), from the 6th of April 2014, there are new rules and doesn't matter when the dependent has arrived in the country, they have to go through rules under Appendix FM, as Nasir bahi rightly pointed out the income trash hold applies, and the dependent have to wait for 5 years to apply for the ILR.
Anyways your case is simple, you just need to kill the time till their 10 years complete and than your husband can vary his application to that of SET(LR) and yes you have to pay two set of fees for that. Once you apply for SET(LR) you will get your money refunded for the FLR(M) if not you can chase the Home Office for that, and that is easily refunded. Where were your kids born, here or abroad ? as than you have to decide what is going to happen to them ??
I hope it helps.
Kind regards
Shahjee
@ Shahjee

Thank you bro for replying. I am still a bit confuse on the point of appendix fm. In my case r u saying that my hubby and kid who isn't born in the UK should send the flr m then LR ??? Because as u mentioned to kill time, so that means I send an extension in the form set m then when they complete 10 years which will be after 2 weeks . So it comes back to my first question again whilst I apply on set m do I have to meet the income thresh. Sorry if I sound confuse .. I really am on this.

Thanks again

Vim I[/quote]

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:32 pm

vimi wrote: @ Shahjee

Thank you bro for replying. I am still a bit confuse on the point of appendix fm. In my case r u saying that my hubby and kid who isn't born in the UK should send the flr m then LR ??? Because as u mentioned to kill time, so that means I send an extension in the form set m then when they complete 10 years which will be after 2 weeks . So it comes back to my first question again whilst I apply on set m do I have to meet the income thresh. Sorry if I sound confuse .. I really am on this.

Thanks again

Vim I
[/quote]

Hi vimi,
Please help me understand your case better.
I thought you are the one who has already applied ILR on SET(LR), and your question was regards to your hubby and kids who are almost 2 weeks short of their 10 years to be completed. If that is the case than please let me know, so that I can give you as more clearer answer. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:43 pm

@ Shahjee Yes you are right. I got ILR and my husb n kid is short of two weeks to complete 10 yrs. i am planning to send Flr m then after two weeks set LR. But FLR m states as a spouse i need to earn £18 600... Do u think i still will need to fulfill this requirement as after two weeks i will send set LR. Thanx again for ur time in clarifying my confusion. God bless you for ur help n support.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:44 pm

bharatsharma wrote:Hello Shahjee,
Thanks very much for taking time to help me with my question regarding SET(LR) form. Honestly, after discussing matter with I am more confident about the whole process. I have no gaps at all in my visa ( always applied before expiry date. However, I have requested for SAR after reading on this forum just to be on safe side. But regards to the question D14 ( Second or third lines) below;

D14. Please state what ties you have with:
•Any country whose nationality you hold.
•Any country where you have lived for more than five years.

Do I need to write that I do not hold any other country Nationality AND
I have not lived in any other country for more than 5 Years ( not counting UK i guess) in the D14 2nd and 3rd line. Just want to ensure that I am answering the question in the right way. You said you have filled this section for your MRS form so is it the right way( above) to answer the questions? Please kindly advise.

Also, can I apply for my MRS at the same time or should I wait till I get my ILR? Need advise.

Thanks very much for your all help and support. God bless you my Brother.

Kind Regards
Bharat
Bharat Bahi,
I will suggest to keep it simple, this is just a very simple question, the Home Office want to know more about you, so in your case starting from the first column on the left just write the name of the country your were born and have family connections with, than when you come to the section on the right in front of it to explain what connections, take as much space as you want, you can write in all the lines provided or just one or two lines it is up to you. I would suggest not to write "that you don't hold any other country nationality" as I told you that my Mrs answered it like this on her FLR(M) and there were no issues.
Regards to your Mrs, yes she is open to apply any time starting from when you send your application, but if she still have leave to remain in the country, than I will suggest that you at least wait till you get your acknowledgement letter,so that if you want to mention your application reference numbers in her covering letter, than it will help the Home Office to track her application to you, you know what I mean.
Ideal scenario is if she have a leave to remain in the country than you wait till you get your ILR and than you apply for her. So really it is up to you.
I hope it helps mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:01 pm

vimi wrote:@ Shahjee Yes you are right. I got ILR and my husb n kid is short of two weeks to complete 10 yrs. i am planning to send Flr m then after two weeks set LR. But FLR m states as a spouse i need to earn £18 600... Do u think i still will need to fulfill this requirement as after two weeks i will send set LR. Thanx again for ur time in clarifying my confusion. God bless you for ur help n support.
Hi vimi,
Yes I am afraid that you have to full fill the income trash hold £18600 for just one dependent, and in your case you are also applying for your kids along so it will go up depends how many kids are applying. But on a positive note as I said that they have to just kill that 2 weeks, so by the time the application gets to the Home Office, and they process the payment and send the acknowledgement letter, and than it gets to the stage of sending out the biometric letters, it will be well over the 2 weeks time, and they can go to vary their applications without their case going to the stage of actually going to a case worker, hence no issues even if the financial requirement is not fulfilled. Frankly that is my opinion, other seniors might have a different view on this.
Regards to your husband his case is simple he vary his application to SET(LR) but as your kids were born abroad so they have to apply separately, but as you know that the SET(LR) application is not for the kids, so in my opinion they have to apply SET(F), which you can check online it is to do with
Child under the age of 18 of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the UK
Seniors and gurus please we will appreciate any more feedback on this case just to clarify and have a second opinion. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi Kasher ,

Heartiest Congratulation on this great news and great victory ,

Enjoy your freedom :P

From the google spreadsheet i can see that you applied on 5th May 2014 , Wow almost three months , just one quick question did you expedite your case ?....seems its very long jumped by HO ..but could be possible ...you can expect any thing from HO ...n e way great news ...

Thanks for sharing this good news with us ,
Remember us in your prayers ,
Regards ,
S.Akaram

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Dear All,

Those who wants to know how many application HO has recieved for SET( LR) After March 2014 , here is the link i search it on net , unfortunately Home Office is not declaring it and says "after careful consideration we have decided that the information is exempt from disclosure under section 36(2)(c) of the Freedom of Information Act. This
provides that information can be withheld where disclosure would prejudice the effective
conduct of public affairs and the public interest falls in favour of applying the exemption
"

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 032578.pdf

or if some one else has got statistic of SET(LR) app After March 2014 Please share it here

Regards ,
S.Akaram

amason

Post by amason » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:03 pm

rasheedabdul786

Post by rasheedabdul786 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:51 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
rasheedabdul786 wrote:
Asalamalaikum@ shahjee, @ik_am_insaan,

Hi guys,
Need some help filling the flr m application for my wife who is having appointment on 2nd sep croydon.My wife came to uk on 10th june 2010 as my tier 1 general dependent and i got ILR under 10yrs long residence..I have following doubts on the questions below

1).2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
yes/no

2).2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

You are making a first application from within the UK but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as a partner.

3).section 4 about dependent children as i have applied for son's mn1 so do i need 2 fill this section or not?

4).though my wife came before 9th july 2012 still i m showing income threshold of £18,600 through my wife's income and my income so i filled the section 7a so do i need to fill section 7b maintenance funds as well?

5).I am submitting the following documents for cohabitation
Marraige certificate,son's u.k birth certificate,current tenancy agreemen(covers 6mth),previous house tenancy agreement(covers 2yrs),electrol registration from previous house, joint bank account(covers only 2months),MN1 acknowledegement letter from home office with both parent's name mentioned,my driving license, my wife's NI letter,previous home office letters from previous house when we applied for teir 1 extension,my two bank statements,my wife's bank statements,my p 60,my wife's p 60. Will these documents be enough ?

I would really appreciate if someone can clear me the above doubts....

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
rasheed
Walakum Asalam Raheed bahi,
Regards to you first question, I remember there was a lot of debate at the time when I was applying for my Mrs FLR(M), and some members were going for one option and some for another, and frankly never heard any of them having an issue due to the reason that they have marked this question wrong.
If you ask me I marked YES for 2.2.
The reason being they are asking Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor? as it is asking regards to the above categories in which we have already markSpouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document. than I presume that it is the first time my Mrs is applying as the Spouse of a settled person so I marked YES to 2.2. I hope it makes sense, as I said already some members might disagree but I went with my instinct of what makes sense to me.
I marked N.A for 2.3, as it was about the extension of stay in one of the above categories, as I already marked in 2.2 that it is the first time my wife is applying in this category of dependent/ spouse of a settled person, hence it doesn't make sense to mark any of the provided options, as none are applicable to her case.
Regards to your question about Section 4 Dependent Children, please fill that up, as you have to provide details of any children, but mind it as you are not applying for your son hence on the table provided on Page 16 of 71, where they are asking b) Is this child applying with you? You just mark NO.
Regards to do you need to fill 7B, I would say fill it if you have already filled 7A. I can't say much on that as I never filled any of them, as they were not applicable on my Mrs application.
Documents that you are providing are looking good enough, so go ahead and apply with confidence.
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Asalamalaikum Shahjee,
JAZAKALLAH for your earlier replies I am bit confused with one more question regarding income threshold. As i m not including my son on my wife's flr m application bcoz i have applied mn1 for him. Do you think my income threshold will be £18,600 or £22,400 even though we are filling section 4 of dependent children
Thanks,
regards,
rasheed

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:15 pm

rasheedabdul786 wrote:
Asalamalaikum Shahjee,
JAZAKALLAH for your earlier replies I am bit confused with one more question regarding income threshold. As i m not including my son on my wife's flr m application bcoz i have applied mn1 for him. Do you think my income threshold will be £18,600 or £22,400 even though we are filling section 4 of dependent children
Thanks,
regards,
rasheed
Walakum asalam Rasheed bahi,
One will think that as it is just your wife who is applying so it should be £18,600, but on the other hand you have to fill section 4, and anyways Home Office know about your dependent child so they might want you to show £22,400. Frankly very tricky couldnt say much on this. If I am you, than I will play safe and make sure to get £22,400, and don't give any chance to the Home Office. Lets see what the other members will think about this scenario. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

rizzz123
Newly Registered

Post by rizzz123 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:23 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
KASHER Bahi,
Great news, very well done. Many congratulations. Very happy for you.
And I really appreciate your kind words. Every one on the forum is great. May Allah help those who are waiting, and those who are about to apply.
My prayers and best wishes be with you. Enjoy your freedom.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Can i Speak to Shah G I applied 28th May 2014 Biometric has been done on 17th June waiting for my passport and i want to travel on 1st week of October what should i do please advice

rizzz123
Newly Registered

Post by rizzz123 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:36 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
vimi wrote:@ Shahjee Yes you are right. I got ILR and my husb n kid is short of two weeks to complete 10 yrs. i am planning to send Flr m then after two weeks set LR. But FLR m states as a spouse i need to earn £18 600... Do u think i still will need to fulfill this requirement as after two weeks i will send set LR. Thanx again for ur time in clarifying my confusion. God bless you for ur help n support.
Hi vimi,
Yes I am afraid that you have to full fill the income trash hold £18600 for just one dependent, and in your case you are also applying for your kids along so it will go up depends how many kids are applying. But on a positive note as I said that they have to just kill that 2 weeks, so by the time the application gets to the Home Office, and they process the payment and send the acknowledgement letter, and than it gets to the stage of sending out the biometric letters, it will be well over the 2 weeks time, and they can go to vary their applications without their case going to the stage of actually going to a case worker, hence no issues even if the financial requirement is not fulfilled. Frankly that is my opinion, other seniors might have a different view on this.
Regards to your husband his case is simple he vary his application to SET(LR) but as your kids were born abroad so they have to apply separately, but as you know that the SET(LR) application is not for the kids, so in my opinion they have to apply SET(F), which you can check online it is to do with
Child under the age of 18 of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the UK
Seniors and gurus please we will appreciate any more feedback on this case just to clarify and have a second opinion. Many thanks.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Hi shah g please help me i applied long residence ILR on 28/05/2014 i have done my Biometric on 17/06/2014 now i am waiting for my documents but i want to travel urgent on 1st week of october please advise me what should i do to get my BRP and documents soon thanks.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:33 pm

rizzz123 wrote: Hi shah g please help me i applied long residence ILR on 28/05/2014 i have done my Biometric on 17/06/2014 now i am waiting for my documents but i want to travel urgent on 1st week of october please advise me what should i do to get my BRP and documents soon thanks.
Hi rizzz123,
Looking at the time line 16-20 weeks, you might be getting your ILR by the first week of October anyways.
If you want to expedite it, go and see your local MP and ask him to write to the Home Office to expedite your case, but mind it you will need a solid reason for asking him to do so. So be prepared when you go to see him/her :lol:
Kind regards
Shahjee

gondal777
Newly Registered

Post by gondal777 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:40 pm

thanks shah jee i have one more question is that pearson edexcel level 3 is acceptable for ilr

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:55 pm

thank you very for ur guidance mate. in my case it was the issue with the fees first so they refused i applied again and this time they refused bed of bank statement then i made fresh application and got the visa

muhammad brother, just wanted to know that when u applied for ur ilr did u sent it through a solicior or did u write any covering letter explaining the situation about that time. because as much as i know you were not covered by the 3c and 3d once your visa was refused at the first time as u didn't have a valid leave to remain when u applied next time on the same day as a fresh application, and according to HO rules, if u have been refused once and u make a fresh application then ur overstaying time starts from the day ur leave expires until the day u get a new one. this is the only reason i am sending my application through solicitor so that they can write a strong covering letter and once i have done the brp i am thinking of going to MP to write them a letter saying that do not consider mine as a gap as it was HO who didn't take the fee on the first place not my fault.

thanks in advance for your guidance

muhammad51272 wrote:
Bigboy86 wrote:
muhammad51272 wrote:Thanks arsal for your reply
My case was refused in September 2011 and then I have applied for Judicial review and it took almost 15 months from the right of JR to oral hearing which has 2 oral hearings after which High Court judge allow my case and ordered home office to consider my application from the date I have applied so there isn't any breaks in my 10 years.
If you want any other information don't hesitate to ask me.
salam brother muhammad
was ur case refused due to payment issue if not what was the issue, and did u write any supporting letter or did u sent it through the solicitor.
thanks a lot for ur advice in advance
wasalaam bigboy

Actually my case was a bit tricky and that trick was played from my side on behalf of my solicitor.
When I was due to apply my student visa extension on last day of my visa every college refused to give me CAS letter because of not having an english certificate even having a postgraduate level 7 diploma.
It was the last day of my visa so my solicitor advised me to send the application form without filling the college details and write a covering letter that missing documents to follow.
I did the same because I have no choice and I didn't want to be overstayer.
Anyway done the b2 in 2 days and arranged a CAS letter from a college, send all documents in 20 days to the home office.
Home office invalid my visa after 1 month and 4 days even having all the documents with them before the decision.
I applied again on the same day but got the refusal with removal directions.
So we went to the High court and based the "acknowledgement letter" which was saying "case worker will contact you for missing documents if any" which he doesn't and refused my application even having all documents in hand before refusals.
It take a long time to win this battle.
but in my case judge gave directions to secretary of state that it should be included immediately in rules that any person who is applying for his visa extension and for any reason if he has missed his last day of visa he should have 28 days to apply after visa expiry on exceptional circumstances so this rule added to immigration rules after my case.
this was my story.
Anything else feel free to ask.

vimi

Post by vimi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:37 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
Hi vimi,
Kind regards
Shahjee

@Shahjee

Thanx a lot for the clarification and ur time.

Vimi

muhammad51272
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad51272 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:01 pm

@muhammad51272

Brother Big boy
I send my ILR application on my own also no covering letter because it was mentioned in my SAR file which I included in my application.As i won the case so all the period of 20 months from date of 1st application considered 3c/3d.
l have sent these documents
Passports
Last Brp card
2 photographs
LIUK Test
Trinity college B1 english certificate
SAR file
High Court judgement with consent letter
Bank statement for proof of address

I would highly recommend you to apply your case with the help of a very good solicitor.

Muhammad

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:11 pm

thanks very much for the prompt answer brother.
that is what i have done, i have appointed bukhari chambers from london who also comes on tv apparently to send my application.
also when i got refused the first time due to fees not ben deducted by HO, i went to my bank and got the letter from them stating that i had more then £358 in my account at all times and that there was no attempt of any transaction been made from HO to deduct the money.
i also went to see a judge who is a part time immigration judge for immigration and humans rights and he said that the letter from bank is a strong proof, he said that what we need to tell HO is that if the first application was not returned due to HO error, the second mistake of wrong statement wouldn't be made and i am also putting the reference of Basnet case
do u by any chance have the link or full name of your case i can search including the year
please it would help me a lot.

i am keeping my fingers crossed.
thanks

muhammad51272 wrote:@muhammad51272

Brother Big boy
I send my ILR application on my own also no covering letter because it was mentioned in my SAR file which I included in my application.As i won the case so all the period of 20 months from date of 1st application considered 3c/3d.
l have sent these documents
Passports
Last Brp card
2 photographs
LIUK Test
Trinity college B1 english certificate
SAR file
High Court judgement with consent letter
Bank statement for proof of address

I would highly recommend you to apply your case with the help of a very good solicitor.

Muhammad

muhammad51272
Newly Registered

Post by muhammad51272 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Brother Bigboy
if I am not wrong this bukhari chambers are in southall?
Anyway I have not check my case online so I have no link of that secondly it is entirely different situation but I will try to find it when reached home and let you know.

rk1506
Newly Registered

Post by rk1506 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 pm

rizzz123 wrote:
Hi shah g please help me i applied long residence ILR on 28/05/2014 i have done my Biometric on 17/06/2014 now i am waiting for my documents but i want to travel urgent on 1st week of october please advise me what should i do to get my BRP and documents soon thanks.

Hi rizzz123,
Looking at the time line 16-20 weeks, you might be getting your ILR by the first week of October anyways.
If you want to expedite it, go and see your local MP and ask him to write to the Home Office to expedite your case, but mind it you will need a solid reason for asking him to do so. So be prepared when you go to see him/her
Kind regards

Hey hi everyone, well just a quick note, I have got my MP involve, he sent the HO a letter to fast track my application 3 weeks ago but unfortunately I haven't heard from them since. I wonder if they will take the MP letter into consideration. As been waiting for a while.

Application received by HO : 30 May
Biometric done : 18 June

Bigboy86

Post by Bigboy86 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 pm

thank you very much for all your help brother
if you don't mind telling me your full name or your solicitors firm name or his name then i can search it myself.
and yes bukhari chambers are in southhall, finchley london east london and manchester

regards
muhammad51272 wrote:Brother Bigboy
if I am not wrong this bukhari chambers are in southall?
Anyway I have not check my case online so I have no link of that secondly it is entirely different situation but I will try to find it when reached home and let you know.

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi Guys,
Alhamdulilah ,Alhamdulilah i have receiced my BRP today...
i want to say thanks very much from core of my heart to Shahjee,Amber,Sajjadali,mrs.p ,prem singh for helping me and guide me through...
Best of luck who are waiting...
Best Regards..