ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fielddrive

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by fielddrive » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:14 am

junaid1621 wrote:Hello applied for ILR 10 year
Posted application on 18 September 2014
Checked on royal mail web site they received it
but today 26 September 2014 no payment has been taken , just bit worried is something wrong with payment or it is just normal
:( :( :( :(
what is your payment method?

K4

Post by K4 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:17 am

but today 26 September 2014 no payment has been taken , just bit worried is something wrong with payment or it is just normal
hi junaid1621

welcome to the forum
what was the method of payment you used?

if it was a check it takes a bit longer to process

junaid1621
Newly Registered

Post by junaid1621 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:55 am

I have given credit card details

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:24 am

junaid1621 wrote:I have given credit card details
Have you checked with your credit card issuer if HO made any attempt to take the payment?

At times, banks do not authorise the transactions of larger sum of payments for security reasons.

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:44 pm

No biometric yet bhai jaan.
has anyone being refused ILR on the ground of working morethan allocated hours during their student visa. :-D
fielddrive wrote:
what is your payment method?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:34 pm

I always advise members to inform bank/company beforehand about the transaction and before filling form try to do little handwriting practice too because many of us now almost not write but just type and application form need to be filled with legible handwriting.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:42 pm

[quote="tanzeela"]No biometric yet bhai jaan.
has anyone being refused ILR on the ground of working morethan allocated hours during their student visa. :-D]

sub bata dain?? you better call HO regarding your biometric invite. You should have received your bio by now.

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:03 pm

Don't need to be rude.this forum is to share information. if you don't want to then dont comment.

Arsal385 wrote:
tanzeela wrote:No biometric yet bhai jaan.
has anyone being refused ILR on the ground of working morethan allocated hours during their student visa. :-D]

sub bata dain?? you better call HO regarding your biometric invite. You should have received your bio by now.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:42 pm

has anyone being refused ILR on the ground of working morethan allocated hours during their student visa. :-D
tanzeela call HO on Monday and explain that you have not received your biometric invite. they should be able to issue another one and they will tell you it will take 15 working days.

also, i know ideas can fly in one's head but no i have not heard of anyone being refused for working more than allocated hours. there are people who run business on tier 2 when in some instances it may not be allowed but have received ILR

anyway call HO on Monday and keep the chin up! :)

mamun_tair
Newly Registered

Post by mamun_tair » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:09 pm

Hi Tanzeela,
I and my wife, have received our biometric letter today . We applied on the 25th Aug . And I believe our applications and yours reached the HO on the 26th due to the bank holiday . So I believe you will have your biometric early next week.
Kind regards
Mamun

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:20 pm

tanzeela wrote:Don't need to be rude.this forum is to share information. if you don't want to then dont comment.

Arsal385 wrote:

Being in the UK for long time I think everyone should be aware of HO ground rules if not here is the detailed answer for you information. if one ever breached HO visa rule, HO can pick it up at any stage of their application process by searching their database retrospectively even share their info from 3rd parties including HMRC. that is why HO ask your consent in the application form so that they can share and retrieve your information from third parties. If HO comes to know that someone breached their visa rule or used deception in their past application, they can curtail their visa even their British passport. HO takes this matter very seriously. However, it has nothing to do with the biometric invite which is a separate department for the collection of biometric info of the applicants. It is similar to HO charge team who involves in the collection application fee only.

Trust this is of assistance.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:21 pm

mamun_tair wrote:Hi Tanzeela,
I and my wife, have received our biometric letter today . We applied on the 25th Aug . And I believe our applications and yours reached the HO on the 26th due to the bank holiday . So I believe you will have your biometric early next week.
Kind regards
Mamun
Hi Tanzeela,
Fully agree with Mamun_tahir, there might be a delay in biometric because of the Bank holiday, expect it next week.
Regards to working extra being a student, no need to worry about that, we all have worked extra being a student haven't we :wink:
All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:55 pm

shasus7 wrote:Dear forum members, I've applied for SET(LR) this month and currently preparing for my wife's FLR(M) application which we will send out some time in mid November. Shahjee has kindly already helped me with this quite a bit. I have a situation I'm not sure what to do with it! My wife and I are both in non-salaried employments (hourly wage) and we will be able to combine our incomes and meet the financial requirement Insha'Allah. We got bank statements, payslips for 6 months and the job contracts but the question is about Employer's letter especially two of the requirements regarding the letter!

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and

(i)We will determine the gross annual salary according to home office calculation methods and that's not a problem but our employers are not gonna bother calculating gross annual salary according to HO and put it in the letter! Best we can ask our employers to do is to mention the exact gross amount we have been paid over the last 6 months period that we are sending evidence of. So how do we solve this gross annual salary problem in the employers' letters?

(ii)Similarly for the second point, the best we can ask the employer to mention as previously stated that we have been paid this amount over past 6 months, since out jobs are hourly paid I don't think they are gonna do this all sorts of HO calculations and say exactly what HO want in point (iii)! any suggestions on these two issues guys?

Lastly if anyone has successfully used employer's letter like this for FLR(M) application regarding non-salaried jobs (or salaried if nobody has any non-salaried) then can I please seek your help to use that as template so that we can get the letters we need from our employers? Sorry about very long post...thanks for all your help in advance:)
Guys I posted this yesterday. Any help on this please? moderators, experts or members? Thanks.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:17 pm

shasus7 wrote:
shasus7 wrote:Dear forum members, I've applied for SET(LR) this month and currently preparing for my wife's FLR(M) application which we will send out some time in mid November. Shahjee has kindly already helped me with this quite a bit. I have a situation I'm not sure what to do with it! My wife and I are both in non-salaried employments (hourly wage) and we will be able to combine our incomes and meet the financial requirement Insha'Allah. We got bank statements, payslips for 6 months and the job contracts but the question is about Employer's letter especially two of the requirements regarding the letter!

(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and

(i)We will determine the gross annual salary according to home office calculation methods and that's not a problem but our employers are not gonna bother calculating gross annual salary according to HO and put it in the letter! Best we can ask our employers to do is to mention the exact gross amount we have been paid over the last 6 months period that we are sending evidence of. So how do we solve this gross annual salary problem in the employers' letters?

(ii)Similarly for the second point, the best we can ask the employer to mention as previously stated that we have been paid this amount over past 6 months, since out jobs are hourly paid I don't think they are gonna do this all sorts of HO calculations and say exactly what HO want in point (iii)! any suggestions on these two issues guys?

Lastly if anyone has successfully used employer's letter like this for FLR(M) application regarding non-salaried jobs (or salaried if nobody has any non-salaried) then can I please seek your help to use that as template so that we can get the letters we need from our employers? Sorry about very long post...thanks for all your help in advance:)
Guys I posted this yesterday. Any help on this please? moderators, experts or members? Thanks.

Hello shahsus ,

Kindly have a look on following link they have discussed some of the points with an example that how will they calculate your 6 months salaried as NON SALARIED person :-

Example :-
The applicant’s partner is in non-salaried employment in the UK. He works on a weekly rota
basis and does not receive any paid holidays. He has earned £450 each week in the same
job for the last 7 calendar months, except for the week prior to the date of application when
he earned £150 owing to a holiday.
Non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6 month
period, divided by 6) x 12

= ((25 weeks x 450 + 1 week x 150) ÷ 6) x 12
= (11,400 ÷ 6) x 12
= £22,800
So the financial requirement is met

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
Well in bit hurry can not answer all your question directly but i hope this link will help you every thing

Regards ,
S.Akaram

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
shasus7 wrote:

Hello shahsus ,

Kindly have a look on following link they have discussed some of the points with an example that how will they calculate your 6 months salaried as NON SALARIED person :-

Example :-
The applicant’s partner is in non-salaried employment in the UK. He works on a weekly rota
basis and does not receive any paid holidays. He has earned £450 each week in the same
job for the last 7 calendar months, except for the week prior to the date of application when
he earned £150 owing to a holiday.
Non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6 month
period, divided by 6) x 12

= ((25 weeks x 450 + 1 week x 150) ÷ 6) x 12
= (11,400 ÷ 6) x 12
= £22,800
So the financial requirement is met

Well in bit hurry can not answer all your question directly but i hope this link will help you every thing

Regards ,
S.Akaram
S.Akaram bhai, personally we have absolutely no problem calculating this Insha'Allah and I'm following the same section as you've given above. But the problem I mentioned was about the employer letters since they are not gonna bother calculating all the stuff to figure out our gross annual salary as HO wants and we can't spoon fed our employers with numbers and figures as we have calculated really! and they are the ones who will be writing the letter without any of our influences. So I really need reassurance from lovely people here that if we get the letters mentioning our gross pay for past 6 months which we are showing evidence of...is it gonna be acceptable with HO? Thanks S.Akaram bhai for your response:) Don't seem to get any responses regarding this!

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:23 pm

shasus7 wrote:
Shahkakaram wrote: Regards ,

S.Akaram
S.Akaram bhai, personally we have absolutely no problem calculating this Insha'Allah and I'm following the same section as you've given above. But the problem I mentioned was about the employer letters since they are not gonna bother calculating all the stuff to figure out our gross annual salary as HO wants and we can't spoon fed our employers with numbers and figures as we have calculated really! and they are the ones who will be writing the letter without any of our influences. So I really need reassurance from lovely people here that if we get the letters mentioning our gross pay for past 6 months which we are showing evidence of...is it gonna be acceptable with HO? Thanks S.Akaram bhai for your response:) Don't seem to get any responses regarding this!
[/quote]

Bhai shasus7 ,

Well , I think you don't need your employer to write all detail for number and figure in their letter , absolutely not and no any employer suppose to do that for you on their letter head however , if any employer do so still it will not needed as the basic requirement of the document and still if you want your employer to write for you so just spoon fed your employer to make his life and work easy by just the write the content of that letter and mentioned every numbers and figure by providing them all the salary slips [ But here again you don't need that detail letter ]

And yes you can wait you will get response from the forum and help you if their employer provided that documents for them

The document you need to support your income are also mentioned on the guidance link which i have sent you ....on page 9 :-

3.3.7. Payslips must be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the
employer’s name, or be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper
and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.

its says OR and the letter from your employer that your salary slips are authentic and genuine are needed ...

I think your pay slips and your bank statements they can tele like they normally doing for HSMP ...

Hope its help and if you find any thing new kindly share here for the other members of this forum as well ..

Thanks
Regards
S.Akaram

ali45

Post by ali45 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Respected S.Akaram/Shahjee
hope u r doing well.Im currently on T1 Ent visa which is valid until sep 2016,i came into uk in Nov 2004,im applying for my ILR in NOV 2014.My question is that my dependent and my son got visa in Aug 2014 as they are coming before i send my ILR,now how can i extend her visa which is FLR,after my ILR as how can i manage my finance im Currently a director of a private Limited company .if as a director of a private company can i show them £1950 cross salary slips for 6 months?any idea kindly help.

ali45

Post by ali45 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Hi this quote from lastphase1 really confuses me what does it mean?my wife got visa recently which is going to b expired in 2016 becoz my T1 Ent expired in 2016,so its mean i canot apply for my ILR which is due next month OCT 2014? can i have to wait until my dependent visa expired very tense please help
LastPhase1 wrote:Hi Amber and other members,
I recently applied for my ILR(Set LR) and after going through this board, I have noticed that my application will not be approved before my wife's dependant visa expires. I have now filled out the FLR (M) form but got confused when they asked on what basis is she applying. I also do not know what documents apart from payslips, bank statements, English level requirements, I am to add to it. Please can anyone help with what other relevant documents I need to add to her application. We meet the financial requirement and will be showing 6 months of statement and payslips, she also has a degree in Mathematics and no problem with the English level requirement. I just want to know what other relevant documents we need to add as my passport and Biometrics are with the home office.
Thanks you in advance.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re-submission of invalid application within 28 days.

Post by shahfurqan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:14 am

Hello fellow members please respond.

I have a very simple but very complex question because i met few lawyers and the expression i got is fifty-fifty and even in this immigration board forum i came to know that people got refused on the same issue as the application from overstayers guidance which is valid from 24-march,2014 is negating the immigration rules part 7 paragraph 276(B)(v).

If an in-time application gets reject as invalid because of form,payment or whatever reason and you re-submit that application within twenty eight days,does it breaks the lawful residence continuity or not as many people got refused just because the ukba treated this as a gap as they considered the gap from the time of their leave to remain expiry till the grant of leave to remain even the applications were made within twenty eight days.

Does anybody know what is going on there

Regards,

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:17 am

S.Akaram bhai, personally we have absolutely no problem calculating this Insha'Allah and I'm following the same section as you've given above. But the problem I mentioned was about the employer letters since they are not gonna bother calculating all the stuff to figure out our gross annual salary as HO wants and we can't spoon fed our employers with numbers and figures as we have calculated really! and they are the ones who will be writing the letter without any of our influences. So I really need reassurance from lovely people here that if we get the letters mentioning our gross pay for past 6 months which we are showing evidence of...is it gonna be acceptable with HO? Thanks S.Akaram bhai for your response:) Don't seem to get any responses regarding this![/quote][/quote]

Bhai shasus7 ,

Well , I think you don't need your employer to write all detail for number and figure in their letter , absolutely not and no any employer suppose to do that for you on their letter head however , if any employer do so still it will not needed as the basic requirement of the document and still if you want your employer to write for you so just spoon fed your employer to make his life and work easy by just the write the content of that letter and mentioned every numbers and figure by providing them all the salary slips [ But here again you don't need that detail letter ]

And yes you can wait you will get response from the forum and help you if their employer provided that documents for them

The document you need to support your income are also mentioned on the guidance link which i have sent you ....on page 9 :-

3.3.7. Payslips must be original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the
employer’s name, or be accompanied by a letter from the employer, on their headed paper
and signed by a senior official confirming they are authentic.

its says OR and the letter from your employer that your salary slips are authentic and genuine are needed ...

I think your pay slips and your bank statements they can tele like they normally doing for HSMP ...

Hope its help and if you find any thing new kindly share here for the other members of this forum as well ..

Thanks
Regards
S.Akaram[/quote]

Thanks S.Akaram bhai for taking time with such detailed response:) What you've said makes sense to me that the letter doesn't need to be that detailed and I'm thinking along the same line. Hope HO agrees with that as well. So we'll get the letters from the employers anyway mentioning last 6 months gross payment in terms of numbers and figures and other stuff that needed in the letter. I think that's the best employers probably gonna do for us! Btw as you quoted the document that original payslips or the letter, I've read that and there's another document (Appendix_FM_SE) which I quoted in the first post says we need all 4: payslips, bank statements, employer letter and contract. I've read a post in FLR(M) waiting times thread where someone applied with just bank statements and payslips and been approved so I guess it's kind of a grey area. But to be on the safe side we'll try to provide all 4 really and pray for common sense from HO:) Please remember us in your prayers as we'll do the same for you and let us know if there's any update on anything. Thanks again for your time, really appreciated.

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:19 am

ali45 wrote:Respected S.Akaram/Shahjee
hope u r doing well.Im currently on T1 Ent visa which is valid until sep 2016,i came into uk in Nov 2004,im applying for my ILR in NOV 2014.My question is that my dependent and my son got visa in Aug 2014 as they are coming before i send my ILR,now how can i extend her visa which is FLR,after my ILR as how can i manage my finance im Currently a director of a private Limited company .if as a director of a private company can i show them £1950 cross salary slips for 6 months?any idea kindly help.
Hi Ali ,

In short you can provide the director income as the salaried person for the threshold income required by that time ...but here as a supporting document if you are the director of your own company then obviously they may ask you your self employed documents ..for list of document and more info kindly visit the website

As you said you have got one son as well so you need to show more then £18600

1 child in addition to the partner – £22,400.

I assume you mean £1950 per month ?then you are over£23400 .. Which is absolutely fantastic and according to the required income in your case ...

Best of luck
Hope it's help

Shahkakaram

Re: Re-submission of invalid application within 28 days.

Post by Shahkakaram » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:33 am

shahfurqan wrote:Hello fellow members please respond.

I have a very simple but very complex question because i met few lawyers and the expression i got is fifty-fifty and even in this immigration board forum i came to know that people got refused on the same issue as the application from overstayers guidance which is valid from 24-march,2014 is negating the immigration rules part 7 paragraph 276(B)(v).

If an in-time application gets reject as invalid because of form,payment or whatever reason and you re-submit that application within twenty eight days,does it breaks the lawful residence continuity or not as many people got refused just because the ukba treated this as a gap as they considered the gap from the time of their leave to remain expiry till the grant of leave to remain even the applications were made within twenty eight days.

Regards,
Hello shahfurqan ,

How are you ?
Well I am the successful case infront of by the Grace of Allah ...
I had two invalid app in 10 years becoz of payment issue and they didn't count my over stay time since my visa expired and even if they did all were applied back In 28 days time ...
Alhamdulillah all the success is due to Allah but we should also responsible for our own acts ... In my case why they didn't refuse me ?
If you know any one whose set(LR) refused to this reason probably there may be some other reason ...

And let's share some information about their cases so we also get benefit from it ...

ali45

Post by ali45 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:40 am

Thank you so much S.Akaram for ur kind reply yes i mean £1950 per month,can i show them only 6months wage slip?
secondly i got a big confusion as i read a post from lastphase1
LastPhase1 wrote:
Hi Amber and other members,
I recently applied for my ILR(Set LR) and after going through this board, I have noticed that my application will not be approved before my wife's dependant visa expires. I have now filled out the FLR (M) form but got confused when they asked on what basis is she applying. I also do not know what documents apart from payslips, bank statements, English level requirements, I am to add to it. Please can anyone help with what other relevant documents I need to add to her application. We meet the financial requirement and will be showing 6 months of statement and payslips, she also has a degree in Mathematics and no problem with the English level requirement. I just want to know what other relevant documents we need to add as my passport and Biometrics are with the home office.

really confuses me what does it mean?my wife got visa recently which is going to b expired in 2016 becoz my T1 Ent expired in 2016,so its mean i canot apply for my ILR which is due next month OCT 2014? can i have to wait until my dependent visa expired. very tense please help that i can sleep properly please.

ali45

Post by ali45 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:49 am

Thank you so much S.Akaram for ur kind reply yes i mean £1950 per month,can i show them only 6months wage slip?
secondly i got a big confusion as i read a post from lastphase1
LastPhase1 wrote:
Hi Amber and other members,

really confuses me what does it mean?my wife got visa recently which is going to b expired in 2016 becoz my T1 Ent expired in 2016,so its mean i canot apply for my ILR which is due next month OCT 2014? can i have to wait until my dependent visa expired. very tense please help that i can sleep properly please.
Shahkakaram wrote:
ali45 wrote:Respected S.Akaram/Shahjee
Hi Ali ,

In short you can provide the director income as the salaried person for the threshold income required by that time ...but here as a supporting document if you are the director of your own company then obviously they may ask you your self employed documents ..for list of document and more info kindly visit the website

As you said you have got one son as well so you need to show more then £18600

1 child in addition to the partner – £22,400.

I assume you mean £1950 per month ?then you are over£23400 .. Which is absolutely fantastic and according to the required income in your case ...

Best of luck
Hope it's help

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Re: Re-submission of invalid application within 28 days.

Post by shahfurqan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:20 am

Shahkakaram wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:Hello fellow members please respond.

Regards,
Hello shahfurqan ,

How are you ?
Well I am the successful case infront of by the Grace of Allah ...
I had two invalid app in 10 years becoz of payment issue and they didn't count my over stay time since my visa expired and even if they did all were applied back In 28 days time ...
Alhamdulillah all the success is due to Allah but we should also responsible for our own acts ... In my case why they didn't refuse me ?
If you know any one whose set(LR) refused to this reason probably there may be some other reason ...

And let's share some information about their cases so we also get benefit from it ...
i am fine dear shahkakaram hope u are fine.
i am really delighted for your success.if this is really the case then i should not be worry and leave everything on the gracious Almighty as i have worked hard from my side and going to send my application maximum in couple of days.hope as you spoke from your experience,i should be fine too.thanks take care mate