ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saqib425
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by saqib425 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:52 am

Hello October2013,

Your case is cent percent similar to me .. i have got my mashallah ILR now but what i made the mistake i don' want that u do the same thing.. u can't vary ur application but u can wihdraw ur appeal and than u put a fresh application of ILR but plz plz contact with professional solicitor to withdraw the procedure of appeal.... otherwise they will void ur application .. its was happnd with me but Thanks God I have new application within28 days....
i can understand its all about money but shahjee and s.akram bhayee or other members can guide u how to withdraw ur appeal u can save some money of solicitor, i am not in position that i can tell u any thing because i follow the right procedure but according to Home Office its not a standard procedure. its tricky but not like that we can't do...

in the last plz withdraw ur appeal in proper way because it will help u to get ILR inshallah.

Malik

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:25 am

october2013 wrote:Pls can someone advise me pls. I have read the guidance that I can vary my application, is this true and uncomplicated?
I am struggling to complete the fees for LR. I applied for FLR O, got declined and appealed, had d hearing but awaiting the decision. I am now 10 yrs. Can I vary the initial appeal n pay the difference in cost? And how do I vary the application?
Hi I applied for set ilr (ilr 10 year long residance ) . 1:- post application on 13/10/2014 . 2:-fee by direct debit on 15/10/2014 . Can some body update my detail on google drive. With thanks. Hadi
Last edited by hadi2012 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

priscaltony

Post by priscaltony » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:34 am

october2013 wrote:Pls can someone advise me pls. I have read the guidance that I can vary my application, is this true and uncomplicated?
I am struggling to complete the fees for LR. I applied for FLR O, got declined and appealed, had d hearing but awaiting the decision. I am now 10 yrs. Can I vary the initial appeal n pay the difference in cost? And how do I vary the application?
Here is the new guidance just released by the HO, I've copied the bit that talks about applying for ILR while your appeal is being decided.

The applicant completes 10 years continuous lawful residence while awaiting a decision of an appeal .A person may complete 10 years continuous lawful residence whilst they are awaiting the outcome of an appeal and submit an application on this basis. Under sections 3C and 3D, it is not possible to submit a new application while an appeal is outstanding. However, the applicant can submit further grounds to be considered at appeal. If the applicant has an outstanding appeal against a decision to refuse leave to remain or indefinite leave to remain, and submits an application for long residence, you must void the long residence application and refund the fee. You must create a file or sub-file and mark it ‘PRIORITY’. You must send the file or sub-file to the presenting officers unit (POU) dealing with the appeal. You must send a letter to the applicant or their representative informing
them their application has been linked with their outstanding appeal. You must use Doc Gen letter ICD.3207 for this purpose. If the appeal is against a decision to curtail or revoke, and the immigration decision was made on or after 31 August 2006, you must follow the same process but you must use
Doc Gen letter ICD.3258

It is up to you what you do, I hope its helpful.

october2013

Post by october2013 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:42 am

Thank you for the advise but what u am not clear about is this. I have already had the appeal am just waiting for the decision of the appeal. We had the appeal hearing in July and it's over 3 months yet we haven't had the decision so I don't know if the guidance applies to Mr cos the guidance states "those who are waiting for the appeal" but I have already had the appeal and so I cannot submit additional evidence to the court to consider

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:08 pm

hadi2012 wrote:
Hi I applied for set ilr (ilr 10 year long residance ) . 1:- post application on 13/10/2014 . 2:-fee by direct debit on 15/10/2014 . Can some body update my detail on google drive. With thanks. Hadi
Updated

mustansir
Newly Registered

Post by mustansir » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi Guys
i submitted my application at the start of June but no reply from Ho till date. i am getting worried now they have started to process application of July.
As far as i know my application was straight forward. always submitted my application well before time 280 days in ten years out of UK. does anyone has any thoughts on this

Thank You
Mustansir

october2013

Post by october2013 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Thank you for the advise but what u am not clear about is this. I have already had the appeal am just waiting for the decision of the appeal. We had the appeal hearing in July and it's over 3 months yet we haven't had the decision so I don't know if the guidance applies to Mr cos the guidance states "those who are waiting for the appeal" but I have already had the appeal and so I cannot submit additional evidence to the court to consider

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:45 pm

mustansir wrote:Hi Guys
i submitted my application at the start of June but no reply from Ho till date. i am getting worried now they have started to process application of July.
As far as i know my application was straight forward. always submitted my application well before time 280 days in ten years out of UK. does anyone has any thoughts on this

Thank You
Mustansir

Hello mustansir ,

I remember you bro , you and me submitted app just with few days differences ...May i know did you submit your degree as English Test Req ? or you submitted any certificate ?

I hope you must be having any update by calling Ho ... what did they say ?

Regards ,
S.AkARAM

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Aslamoalikom All

GOd Helps i sent a PM to u plz check.

Thanks

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:44 pm

It appears google drive is back up and running. Please a word of advice to any forum member who messed up the spreadsheet yesterday.If you don't know how to use/update the google drive please leave your timeline on your post and someone with the knowledge of google drive will update it for you.There is no point trying what you don't know especially the spreadsheet as it holds wealth of information for everyone.
Thank you and I wish everyone good luck.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

mustansir
Newly Registered

Post by mustansir » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
mustansir wrote:Hi Guys

Thank You
Mustansir

Hello mustansir ,

I remember you bro , you and me submitted app just with few days differences ...May i know did you submit your degree as English Test Req ? or you submitted any certificate ?

I hope you must be having any update by calling Ho ... what did they say ?

Regards ,
S.AkARAM
Thank you very much for your reply I have submitted degree to fullfill English language requirment. Last week when I call HO they told me your application has notbeing decided yet please continue to wait
Mustansir

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Sorry GOd helps PM is still in outbox plz send me letter in this address.

msmussaf@yahoo.co.uk

thanks

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:17 pm

Can we request return of Passport for travel purposes while Application set(LR) is being considered? & if So will they still decide the application without passport? & how long does it take to get passport back?
Thank you all

gomes
Newly Registered

Post by gomes » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello everyone. I need your suggestion please. My 10 yrs will be complete on 28 February,2015. And at the moment I have appeal pending hearing is on 1 December,2014. In this scenario what would be the best way to apply for ILR?

Man4life
Newly Registered

Post by Man4life » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Pls can someone advise me pls. I have read the guidance that I can vary my application, is this true and uncomplicated?

Hi all, i'm new to this forum. october2013, bro I would strongly advise you not to withdraw your appeal at this stage. wait for the outcome, if successful, then vary your appl immediately. if not successful, send in your ilr appl within 28 days of appeal determination. Reason is, there is nothing to vary as you do not currently have an outstanding appl with the HO neither can you vary an appeal while awaiting determination. you could summit further grounds at appeal to include your ilr but your appeal has already been heard.

I would say contact the tribunal and find out what the delay is at their end as you should have received a decision by now.

Regards

october2013

Post by october2013 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:45 pm

Man4life wrote:Pls can someone advise me pls. I have read the guidance that I can vary my application, is this true and uncomplicated?

Hi all, i'm new to this forum. october2013, bro I would strongly advise you not to withdraw your appeal at this stage. wait for the outcome, if successful, then vary your appl immediately. if not successful, send in your ilr appl within 28 days of appeal determination. Reason is, there is nothing to vary as you do not currently have an outstanding appl with the HO neither can you vary an appeal while awaiting determination. you could summit further grounds at appeal to include your ilr but your appeal has already been heard.

I would say contact the tribunal and find out what the delay is at their end as you should have received a decision by now.

Regards
Thank you for your advice n Input. God bless u

tryagain3
Newly Registered

Post by tryagain3 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:25 am

Hi
applied on the 10 yrs basis=12th july 2014
approval letter receivecd=18th october 2014
roughly got in 3 months

I have something to ask by experts . My wife and one child are my tier1 (general) dependent and they are in uk. Now which type of application should I submit to change their visa according to my ILR status. They fall under 5 years rule as they arrived few months ago.
an authentic reply will really be appreciated.

Regards

Wariko
Newly Registered

Post by Wariko » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:06 am

Hi all,
I hope you will be able to clarified this for me, after-6-year-discretionary-leave.(ilr granted)
Can an application be submitted for naturalisation straight away ?
Or the need to wait 1 year before submitting ?

Thanks for your help.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:24 am

tryagain3 wrote:Hi
applied on the 10 yrs basis=12th july 2014
approval letter receivecd=18th october 2014
roughly got in 3 months

I have something to ask by experts . My wife and one child are my tier1 (general) dependent and they are in uk. Now which type of application should I submit to change their visa according to my ILR status. They fall under 5 years rule as they arrived few months ago.
an authentic reply will really be appreciated.

Regards
Hello,
You can apply for your mrs with Form FLR ( M ) and include your child as a dependent of your wife. If your child was born in the UK then you can apply for your child with Form MN1. However if you are using Form FLR ( M ) you are required to meet the English and financial requirements on the form. Hope this helps.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:30 am

Wariko wrote:Hi all,
I hope you will be able to clarified this for me, after-6-year-discretionary-leave.(ilr granted)
Can an application be submitted for naturalisation straight away ?
Or the need to wait 1 year before submitting ?

Thanks for your help.
Hello Wariko,
I think you may have to wait till you complete 12 months fromvwhen you were granted ilr before applying for naturalization.
However this forum is for 10 YEARS LONG RESIDENCY (ILR). You should go to naturalisation forum for more answers.
Thanks.

dream40

Post by dream40 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi shajee akram and other members I had applied on MN1 for my child on 10 October Home office didn't debit fee till now how long normally it takes that I may wait the application of my child to be processed thanks
dream40

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Finally got my biometrics letter on 16/10/2014 and did it yesterday - 18/10/2014

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 pm

die_hard wrote:Finally got my biometrics letter on 16/10/2014 and did it yesterday - 18/10/2014
only 10 weeks after your application but good luck..

did you phone to request them to resend?

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks Guys,

Google drive is excellent who ever maintaining doing a great job. Please don't mess with it.

I have question regarding my son status. He is 10 months old and once I receive my ilr I'm planing to apply for registration using form mn1. I want to find out is there any age restrictions. As this dec he will be 12 months old and right now he hasn't got any visa. I'm just applying for his Pakistani passport.

Secondly my wife came to UK in jan 2012 and currently on Tier 1 general dependant visa. Once I get my ilr can I apply for her ilr straight away as she came before the 5 year route. Or do I have to apply flr(m) before ilr. And if so when can she apply for ilr. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ali

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Hi again

Regarding my application I have gaps on two occasions in the visa stamps but I have applied in time before my current leave was expiring. Does this count as a gap or I'll be fine with that. One gap is 10 days and other is about 37 days. But it was the time taken by HO. I HAVE APPLIED 3 days before my current leave expires.