ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maddysheffield » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:25 pm

To all those who are awaiting decisions.

I called HO today and they confirmed that they are dealing with July Applications might start August applications in a week or so .....they have not allocated any case workers to my file I applied end of september .....so guys we need to wait till first week of December as they had plenty Aug applications ;-)

Chillax and enjoy the wait ....

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:11 pm

Thank you shahjee. Can you or any experience member advise me what application form should I use to apply. FLR fp or FLR M. I m bit confused as I asked 5 solicitors today. 3 of them suggest me to use flr m.1 said flr Fp. Even 1 suggested me to apply indefinit as I have spent more than three years as a dependent in uk. I m giving u my case overview
Came in uk 2010 student dependent
2 childern (6 yrs, 4yrs)1 born in pak and 1 in uk
English a1 certificate
Salary 15k/year
Husband is student and applying set lr 10 years basis
I m his t4 point base dependent
Thank

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:45 pm

maddysheffield wrote:I never understood what situations will lead to MP helping one of the reason is Health ....but if someone has health problem they would want to get treated here rather than going back to their country ...........so how does health used to expedite the process just curious ....
dude we can't judge because it could be a close family member's health...

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:48 pm

maddysheffield wrote:To all those who are awaiting decisions.

I called HO today and they confirmed that they are dealing with July Applications might start August applications in a week or so .....they have not allocated any case workers to my file I applied end of september .....so guys we need to wait till first week of December as they had plenty Aug applications ;-)

Brother you are jumping the gun. You applied on 26th of September and you had your biometric in less than 2 weeks ago so be patient and try to call HO again in late December. Remember patience is virtue.... :)

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:31 pm

I have more questions.
1) Do the time spent as a discretionary leave included towards 10 years legal residence?
2) can we Change our status from discretionary leave to flr m if at any point we able to fulfill financial requirements of flr m.
Thanks

taz123
inactive

Post by taz123 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Hi maddysheffield

Have u ever come across or heard from some one about this situation that the money has taken from u r account for set lr however no acknowledgement or bio metric received yet....
Ur answer will be appreciated

Many thanks

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:24 pm

salaam shahjee =1234 can you please share your email address as i need to discuss my final check list of set m . i have got my appointment for set m on this saturday.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:18 am

rosazeet wrote:I have more questions.
1) Do the time spent as a discretionary leave included towards 10 years legal residence?
2) can we Change our status from discretionary leave to flr m if at any point we able to fulfill financial requirements of flr m.
Thanks
Yes any legal stay till 10 years will be count for long residence. for flr (m) either your partner should have IlR and need to meet other and financial requirement and then you can apply for flr (m) ....
jignesh

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:00 am

Thank you shahjee. Can you or any experience member advise me what application form should I use to apply. FLR fp or FLR M. I m bit confused as I asked 5 solicitors today. 3 of them suggest me to use flr m.1 said flr Fp. Even 1 suggested me to apply indefinit as I have spent more than three years as a dependent in uk. I m giving u my case overview
Came in uk 2010 student dependent
2 childern (6 yrs, 4yrs)1 born in pak and 1 in uk
English a1 certificate
Salary 15k/year
Husband is student and applying set lr 10 years basis
I m his t4 point base dependent
Thank

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:01 am

maddysheffield wrote:I never understood what situations will lead to MP helping one of the reason is Health ....but if someone has health problem they would want to get treated here rather than going back to their country ...........so how does health used to expedite the process just curious ....
Hi, I would imagine the ill health is not related to the applicant, it might be one of their relatives. As I understand if you can provide medical evidence of critical illness of your close relatives like parents, brothers, sisters, grand parents etc the homeoffice will expedite your case, but through the recommendation of your mp and with supporting documents. Thanks, mizanbg

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:11 am

while applying for fp do we need to send photo copies of all attached documents.

Jollyjustcome
Newly Registered

Post by Jollyjustcome » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:54 am

I need some advice please.

My husbands 10 years ILR was refused last year because of a gap we didn't know off.
We appealed in march this year and the judge allowed the appeal and asked home office to reconsider as the refusal was unlawful.

Home office have just responded and refused again saying that his appeal rights were exhausted back in 2009.

We made a fresh application in march 2010 for tier 1 general extension not knowing about the gap and the visa was extended till April 2013.

He has been on section 3c then till now. As a tier 1 general.

He's been given a right to appeal the latest reconsideration. Please I want to know if he can apply for ILR based on tier 1 since he's been on the visa since 2010. Even tough it's 2 years as section 3c?

What other options available to us. Our first child will be 7 in April. Thanks a lot.

kevin2012
Newly Registered

Post by kevin2012 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:13 am

please I need some advice on my current situation. I came in the uk in 2005 as a student. I got married and became a spouse for student dependant tier 4. I got married in the uk because of immigration law , I had to go back to my home country for 2 months to switch my visa and became my husband dependant in 2011. I came back in the uk in October 2011.i am my husband dependant. my visa will expire in april 2015 and to know if I could apply for settlement I have spoken to a solicitor he told me I can not apply IRL through 10 years because I went back home and came as dependant therefore my visa was switched and set back from when I came back in 2011. please I would like some advice please please. my husband applied his indefinite leave through 10 years long leave in the uk and we are stil waiting. we have a son born in the uk. iam sooo confused at the moment and worried about my situation :cry: my questions are what are the best option for my situation? please I would like someone from the board to give me more advises please

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:53 am

mizanbg wrote:
Hi, I would imagine the ill health is not related to the applicant, it might be one of their relatives. As I understand if you can provide medical evidence of critical illness of your close relatives like parents, brothers, sisters, grand parents etc the homeoffice will expedite your case, but through the recommendation of your mp and with supporting documents. Thanks, mizanbg
Thanks this is helpful

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:58 am

Arsal385 wrote:

Brother you are jumping the gun. You applied on 26th of September and you had your biometric in less than 2 weeks ago so be patient and try to call HO again in late December. Remember patience is virtue.... :)

Arsal :-) I knew its too early bro ..but just for info I called them I suppose its turn for next applicant after a week to call and check status of applications and post on forum so everyone knows where they stand and it avoids on applicant calling for info always ;-) .... we all waited for 10 years ......... can't we wait for 3 months ;-) yes your are absoultely bang on patience is virtue ;-)

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:07 am

taz123 wrote:

Hi maddysheffield

Have u ever come across or heard from some one about this situation that the money has taken from u r account for set lr however no acknowledgement or bio metric received yet....
Ur answer will be appreciated

Many thanks

TAZ , I knew someone had the same issue and the best thing is to call home office and check with them ... at times it might take 2-4 weeks for acknowledgement if you have waited for 3-4 call them today check your email ( spam folder ) if you provided them with email....
I called home office and had good response from them they will ask you .. your full name , DOB and type of application you sent and they would be able to provide info ..phone: 03001232241

Sometimes the people in post room might type incorrect address which happened to me ...so contact HO they are just customer advisors who are there to give info for applicants so don't assume that you are talking to case worker or anything .

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:12 am

fielddrive wrote:

Field drive .. Chill no offence meant when I asked the question.... I just wanted to know the reasons why MP's would help to expedite the process that's all. Now I know and if anyone has the same problem I can suggest what needs to be done ;-)

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:39 am

kevin2012 wrote:please I need some advice on my current situation. I came in the uk in 2005 as a student. I got married and became a spouse for student dependant tier 4. I got married in the uk because of immigration law , I had to go back to my home country for 2 months to switch my visa and became my husband dependant in 2011. I came back in the uk in October 2011.i am my husband dependant. my visa will expire in april 2015 and to know if I could apply for settlement I have spoken to a solicitor he told me I can not apply IRL through 10 years because I went back home and came as dependant therefore my visa was switched and set back from when I came back in 2011. please I would like some advice please please. my husband applied his indefinite leave through 10 years long leave in the uk and we are stil waiting. we have a son born in the uk. iam sooo confused at the moment and worried about my situation :cry: my questions are what are the best option for my situation? please I would like someone from the board to give me more advises please
Hi Kevin2012,

Did you leave for your country to switch visa before your stay expired? Did you return to the UK within six months of you leaving? If you answer these questions in the affirmative, then your solicitor has given you the wrong advice. You will still be eligible to apply for ILR regardless of you switching to Tier 1 dependant visa abroad.

Funnily, your case is exactly the same as my wife's. If you had left the UK prior to your visa expiring, switched visa abroad, and returned to the UK within six months, your continuous stay would not be broken :)

All the very best wishes.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:49 am

TheJuryMustDie wrote:
kevin2012 wrote:please I need some advice on my current situation. I came in the uk in 2005 as a student. I got married and became a spouse for student dependant tier 4. I got married in the uk because of immigration law , I had to go back to my home country for 2 months to switch my visa and became my husband dependant in 2011. I came back in the uk in October 2011.i am my husband dependant. my visa will expire in april 2015 and to know if I could apply for settlement I have spoken to a solicitor he told me I can not apply IRL through 10 years because I went back home and came as dependant therefore my visa was switched and set back from when I came back in 2011. please I would like some advice please please. my husband applied his indefinite leave through 10 years long leave in the uk and we are stil waiting. we have a son born in the uk. iam sooo confused at the moment and worried about my situation :cry: my questions are what are the best option for my situation? please I would like someone from the board to give me more advises please
Hi Kevin2012,

Did you leave for your country to switch visa before your stay expired? Did you return to the UK within six months of you leaving? If you answer these questions in the affirmative, then your solicitor has given you the wrong advice. You will still be eligible to apply for ILR regardless of you switching to Tier 1 dependant visa abroad.

Funnily, your case is exactly the same as my wife's. If you had left the UK prior to your visa expiring, switched visa abroad, and returned to the UK within six months, your continuous stay would not be broken :)

Agreed with TheJuryMustDie. The main criteria to become eligible for 10 years ILR is
- 10 year continues lawful stay in the UK.
- No stay outside of UK of more than 6 months in one go.
- No more than 540 days out of the UK in the entire 10 years.
Plus other attributes of Life in the UK and English requirement. If you came back to UK within 6 months regardless of your visa type. You are eligible to apply for ILR under 10 years route.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:40 am

maddysheffield wrote:
fielddrive wrote:

Field drive .. Chill no offence meant when I asked the question.... I just wanted to know the reasons why MP's would help to expedite the process that's all. Now I know and if anyone has the same problem I can suggest what needs to be done ;-)

Awesome!!! :lol:

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:33 am

arsenal49 wrote:does anyone know how best to reply to the following question?
D13 Please state what ties you have with:
• The country where you were born.
• Any country whose nationality you hold.
• Any country where you have lived for more than five years.
You should tell us about any family, friends or other connections with that country.

this particular section is just for human rights point of view and the best thing is not to lie as majority of us got family connects where we are born and the country we are living have got social connections,businesses or job,friends connections etc.

T.Ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by T.Ahmad » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:43 pm

Salam,
Alhamdulilah, I got my ILR(LR) approval yesterday.

now i want to ask that do i need to call Homeoffice for my wife application, i asked them to put my wife application on hold untill they decide my apllication on cover note with my wife application for Spouse?

if yes What Number should i call ?

or do u need to wirte a letter to them ? on which address ?

Many Thanks
Tanweer Ahmad
Last edited by T.Ahmad on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
Hi Kevin2012,

Agreed with TheJuryMustDie. The main criteria to become eligible for 10 years ILR is
- 10 year continues lawful stay in the UK.
- No stay outside of UK of more than 6 months in one go.
- No more than 540 days out of the UK in the entire 10 years.
Plus other attributes of Life in the UK and English requirement. If you came back to UK within 6 months regardless of your visa type. You are eligible to apply for ILR under 10 years route.
HELLO,

you need to double check with senior solicitors and also with experienced members of this forum like Shahjee because in my poor opinion the solicitor you met perhaps spot on as the time spent on dependent visa does not count towards long residence but please this is not the final answer but this is exactly i heard from many members but once again the best thing is always to confirm.

T.Ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by T.Ahmad » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:59 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
mskhan78 wrote:Hi Everyone

Can anyone help with this query. I have got ILR now and my wife's application for FLR M is on hold. What documents should i send HO to enable them to progess my wife's FLR M application. I believe it is Cover letter, Copy of my BRP and Approval letter. Can anyone confirm that please.

Regards
Hi mskhan78,
You are right covering letter, copy of your BRP and approval letter and copies of all the pages of your present passport. But before you do that, please make sure to call them and check they might have done the decision already, as you might have read in my post today that in my wife's case it took them 2 working days to decide her case. So I hope that in your Mrs case it's the same, and you get the decision ASAP. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

Alhamdulilah I got my ILR yesterday. by the grace of Allah. Thanks mskhan78, Shahjee and all other for worthfull Guidness and advises. Once Again Many Thanks. Tanweer Ahmad

rosazeet
Newly Registered

Post by rosazeet » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:21 pm

rosazeet wrote:while applying for fp do we need to send photo copies of all attached documents.
While applying flr fp do we need to send copies of original documents that we send with application.
Thanks