ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

TheJuryMustDie

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Hi Kevin2012,

Did you leave for your country to switch visa before your stay expired? Did you return to the UK within six months of you leaving? If you answer these questions in the affirmative, then your solicitor has given you the wrong advice. You will still be eligible to apply for ILR regardless of you switching to Tier 1 dependant visa abroad.

Funnily, your case is exactly the same as my wife's. If you had left the UK prior to your visa expiring, switched visa abroad, and returned to the UK within six months, your continuous stay would not be broken :)

All the very best wishes.[/quote]

Agreed with TheJuryMustDie. The main criteria to become eligible for 10 years ILR is
- 10 year continues lawful stay in the UK.
- No stay outside of UK of more than 6 months in one go.
- No more than 540 days out of the UK in the entire 10 years.
Plus other attributes of Life in the UK and English requirement. If you came back to UK within 6 months regardless of your visa type. You are eligible to apply for ILR under 10 years route.[/quote]

HELLO,

you need to double check with senior solicitors and also with experienced members of this forum like Shahjee because in my poor opinion the solicitor you met perhaps spot on as the time spent on dependent visa does not count towards long residence but please this is not the final answer but this is exactly i heard from many members but once again the best thing is always to confirm.[/quote]

Shahfurgan,

You probably should have resisted the temptation of 'advising' when you knew your opinion on the subject matter was poor. It could end up confusing the OP even further.

As Arsal385 alluded to in his last post, ten years lawful stay under any category counts towards long stay residency. I'm actually surprised a solicitor would give the OP such advice. :o

kevin2012
Newly Registered

Post by kevin2012 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi Kevin2012,

Did you leave for your country to switch visa before your stay expired? Did you return to the UK within six months of you leaving? If you answer these questions in the affirmative, then your solicitor has given you the wrong advice. You will still be eligible to apply for ILR regardless of you switching to Tier 1 dependant visa abroad.

Funnily, your case is exactly the same as my wife's. If you had left the UK prior to your visa expiring, switched visa abroad, and returned to the UK within six months, your continuous stay would not be broken :)

All the very best wishes.[/quote]

Agreed with TheJuryMustDie. The main criteria to become eligible for 10 years ILR is
Plus other attributes of Life in the UK and English requirement. If you came back to UK within 6 months regardless of your visa type. You are eligible to apply for ILR under 10 years route.[/quote]

HELLO,

you need to double check with senior solicitors and also with experienced members of this forum like Shahjee because in my poor opinion the solicitor you met perhaps spot on as the time spent on dependent visa does not count towards long residence but please this is not the final answer but this is exactly i heard from many members but once again the best thing is always to confirm.[/quote]

Shahfurgan,

You probably should have resisted the temptation of 'advising' when you knew your opinion on the subject matter was poor. It could end up confusing the OP even further.

Hi all,

Thank you to have taken your precious time to answer my query. i only stay home for 2months and my visa was still valid when i left the uk. please Dear Shahjee I would like you to give me more advice regarding my question please. Once again thank you everybody.

Scorpion_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpion_uk » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:50 pm

By the Grace of Allah, I received my ILR couple of days ago.

I am pretty much silent reader of this forum and have deiced to share my experience of ILR application for the benefit of others.

There was no complication in my application as far I can see, no overstay and less than 180 days out of UK in the last 10 years. Previous Visas were combination of Student,PSW and Tier1 G.

Application sent in Mid of Sep, Bio registered in Mid of Oct.

Case expedited in the same week after Bio registration, based on close family member's health condition and got the reply in writing from HO within a week after that. I did not send any Medical letter with initial request but my caseworker was kind enough to give me a second chance and advised that UKVI will consider my request if I submit the medical letter.

Letter was submitted after couple of days and my case was processed on the same day.

No local MP was involved, I never felt the need of going through an MP.

Anyone considering to expedite their pending applications should only do so if they have a genuine reason for that, a medical emergency is only sufficient reason if one has life threatening condition.

Having said that, it will always depend on the caseworker who is dealing with your request to expedite the application, one may not be as sympathetic as others would!

Good luck to all who are waiting for the outcome of their applications and Insha Allah everyone would receive a positive response soon.

Jollyjustcome
Newly Registered

Post by Jollyjustcome » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:00 pm

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

I need some advice please.

My husbands 10 years ILR was refused last year because of a gap we didn't know off.
We appealed in march this year and the judge allowed the appeal and asked home office to reconsider as the refusal was unlawful.

Home office have just responded and refused again saying that his appeal rights were exhausted back in 2009.

We made a fresh application in march 2010 for tier 1 general extension not knowing about the gap and the visa was extended till April 2013.

He has been on section 3c then till now. As a tier 1 general.

He's been given a right to appeal the latest reconsideration. Please I want to know if he can apply for ILR based on tier 1 since he's been on the visa since 2010. Even tough it's 2 years as section 3c?

What other options available to us. Our first child will be 7 in April. Thanks a lot.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:01 pm

Scorpion_uk wrote:By the Grace of Allah, I received my ILR couple of days ago.

I am pretty much silent reader of this forum and have deiced to share my experience of ILR application for the benefit of others.

There was no complication in my application as far I can see, no overstay and less than 180 days out of UK in the last 10 years. Previous Visas were combination of Student,PSW and Tier1 G.

Application sent in Mid of Sep, Bio registered in Mid of Oct.

Case expedited in the same week after Bio registration, based on close family member's health condition and got the reply in writing from HO within a week after that. I did not send any Medical letter with initial request but my caseworker was kind enough to give me a second chance and advised that UKVI will consider my request if I submit the medical letter.

Letter was submitted after couple of days and my case was processed on the same day.

No local MP was involved, I never felt the need of going through an MP.

Anyone considering to expedite their pending applications should only do so if they have a genuine reason for that, a medical emergency is only sufficient reason if one has life threatening condition.

Having said that, it will always depend on the caseworker who is dealing with your request to expedite the application, one may not be as sympathetic as others would!

Good luck to all who are waiting for the outcome of their applications and Insha Allah everyone would receive a positive response soon.
Congratulations. Are you intending to travel abroad ASAP to see your close relative?

Scorpion_uk
Newly Registered

Post by Scorpion_uk » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Congratulations. Are you intending to travel abroad ASAP to see your close relative?
Of course I AM.

Care to explain the reason behind that comment???

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Scorpion_uk wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Of course I AM.

Could you explain the reason behind this question???
Nothing special. was just wondering if one needed to submit his/her travel ticket along with medical document to HO to show criticality of his/her circumstances.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:50 pm

TheJuryMustDie wrote:Hi Kevin2012,

All the very best wishes.

HELLO,

Shahfurgan,

As Arsal385 alluded to in his last post, ten years lawful stay under any category counts towards long stay residency. I'm actually surprised a solicitor would give the OP such advice. :o[/quote]

Dear,

its better to be realistic than optimistic. : :lol:

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:30 am

Dear Members

Just a quick question. I have sent my ILR and awaiting result. I would then need to apply FRL (M) for my wife within 28 days of receipt of my ILR.

One requirement for FLR (M) is the A1 test. And when I will apply for indefinite leave for my wife in 5 years time the requirement is B1.

My question is...If my wife does B1 now will that be applicable for the FLR (M) as well or do we need to do them separately?

Many thanks

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:35 am

hi amber and other gurus if you can help me

i have got my appointment for SETM on saturday. i have got flrm under old rules.

can you please help me with #
i get variable income each month . should i put down an average income

i have two kids but they are not applying as they have applied under mn1 . what should i fill in section 3

thanks in advance

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:40 am

jigars143 wrote:Dear Members

Just a quick question. I have sent my ILR and awaiting result. I would then need to apply FRL (M) for my wife within 28 days of receipt of my ILR.

One requirement for FLR (M) is the A1 test. And when I will apply for indefinite leave for my wife in 5 years time the requirement is B1.

My question is...If my wife does B1 now will that be applicable for the FLR (M) as well or do we need to do them separately?

Many thanks
I would suggest you to go for B1 exam instead of doing A1 now and B1 later. It is because once you have proved your B1 level skill to HO then you do not need to show that at the later stage. You will be exempted from English requirement in your future FLR extension on the basis that you have already proved that in your previous FLR M application.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:58 am

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 am

fielddrive wrote:Update of FoI request:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/setlr_statistics
I dont understand the response of HO. Does it make sense? Can anyone explain it. As long as i read they haven't disclose the information what was ask for, am i right?
jignesh

janibaba
Newly Registered

Post by janibaba » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:24 am

i need to ask you one question it would be so helpful if some could answer it quickly please.
my friend got his ILR on 10 years long residency. he got approved last month which was september 2014.
he got one daughter and she is 3 year old born in the UK. i know that she can get british passport right away but my friend wants to apply FLR(M) for his wife. his wife and daughter both are in uk since 2011.
now come to the question how much income does my friend needs to show for his wife`s FLR(M) application?
is it 18,600 or 22,400 because he got one daughter as well. i hope my question make sense

Thanks for your help

zeck

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:28 am

janibaba wrote:i need to ask you one question it would be so helpful if some could answer it quickly please.
my friend got his ILR on 10 years long residency. he got approved last month which was september 2014.
he got one daughter and she is 3 year old born in the UK. i know that she can get british passport right away but my friend wants to apply FLR(M) for his wife. his wife and daughter both are in uk since 2011.
now come to the question how much income does my friend needs to show for his wife`s FLR(M) application?
is it 18,600 or 22,400 because he got one daughter as well. i hope my question make sense

Thanks for your help

zeck

22400 for the wife

and he needs to apply for child's naturalisation using MN1 first before applying for passport

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:51 am

janibaba wrote:i need to ask you one question it would be so helpful if some could answer it quickly please.

Thanks for your help

zeck
Hi,

What your friend has to show is the minimum combined income of £18,600. He doesn't have to show anything for the daughter as there is no need for her to be included as a dependant.

All best wishes.

janibaba
Newly Registered

Post by janibaba » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:57 am

TheJuryMustDie wrote:

Thanks for your help

zeck
Hi,

What your friend has to show is the minimum combined income of £18,600. He doesn't have to show anything for the daughter as there is no need for her to be included as a dependant.

All best wishes.

hi

Are you sure because someone just replied of 22400 so its bit confusing now.

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:35 pm

janibaba wrote:
TheJuryMustDie wrote:

Thanks for your help

zeck
Hi,

All best wishes.

hi

Are you sure because someone just replied of 22400 so its bit confusing now.

Well, that's what it says on the FLR(M) form for a single dependant. Unless of course, the threshold has been raised from £18,600 to £22,400 for a single dependant. But I'm unable to guarantee you it's not what you or someone else' thinks.

khan1009
Newly Registered

Post by khan1009 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Salam shajee

I am silent reader of this forum since jan 2014. and I found you very helpful and supportive throughout. ALLAH give you jaza e khair for helping every one on this forum.
shahjee I want discuss with you regarding my matter,can you please e-mail me your phone number so I can ring you and speak to you regarding my problem. I will be rally greatfull of your support and favour.
my email is y.khan01@yahoo.com
and my phone number is 07453 526109 please give me a miss call or send me your number in my e mail and I will ring you back.cheers

kalam123
Newly Registered

Post by kalam123 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:50 pm

Alhumdulilah by the mercy of Alah I have received my approval today. could anyone please add my detail on google spreadsheet. applied ILR On 10 year base: 29/07/2014
ack Received: 01/08/2014
Bio inv: 20/08/2014
bio done: 21/08/2014
decision: 28/10/2014
received: 30/10/2014

Thanks

plz add me asap.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:55 pm

kalam123 wrote:
kalam123 wrote:salam shahjee and other respected and members. could you please add my detail on google spreadsheet. applied ILR On 10 year base: 29/07/2014

Thanks

plz add me asap.

thanks
What was your immigration history during 10 years?

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:24 pm

kalam123 wrote:Alhumdulilah by the mercy of Alah I have received my approval today. could anyone please add my detail on google spreadsheet. applied ILR On 10 year base: 29/07/2014

Thanks

plz add me asap.
Very good news enjoy ur freedom.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14 pm

fielddrive wrote:

Thanks for your help

zeck

22400 for the wife

and he needs to apply for child's naturalisation using MN1 first before applying for passport
Hi I agree with fielddrive if;
(1) wife + daughter are applying thesame time, you can show £22,400 but if
(2) only wife applying then you will show £18,600
if you have already applied for your daughter under form MN1, then no point showing £22,400 because you only need to show income for your wife.
hope this makes sense
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:18 pm

kalam123 wrote:Alhumdulilah by the mercy of Alah I have received my approval today. could anyone please add my detail on google spreadsheet. applied ILR On 10 year base: 29/07/2014

Thanks

plz add me asap.

congratulations to you. enjoy your freedom :D
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

ronzie
Newly Registered

Post by ronzie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:30 pm

Spatacus wrote:

Thanks

plz add me asap.

congratulations to you. enjoy your freedom :D
Good News And Congress To all recently got their ILR and Good Luck Who is still Waiting. :P