ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meghankit

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by meghankit » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Siko wrote:
meghankit wrote:dear friends
i requested my 10yrs info from HO and they have sent it to me

i just want to know if anyone else has sent these info and does it help HO to take decision on ILR
PLEASE let me know
also
ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT the refund for the one of the application if you are varying the leave to ILR.
I applied for student visa and then vary my leave to ILR, can i get refund for student visa fees?
plz advice

REGARDS
Hi
I applied for student visa and then vary my application
To LR when the HO take decision on LR application
They will automatically return it to u
If HO doesn't return it after u get u r LR ring them for refund 406 pounds they will do it
So don't worry abt it
Thx
thank you SIKO

ali45

Post by ali45 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:00 pm

You always welcome shasus,i will rememeber you and all our friends in my prayer.I think its wont create any problem becoz HO already have all our records as i got my 10 years history from them which clearly shows up ur previous addresses so IN SHA ALLAH it will be fine.thanks again
shasus7 wrote:
ali45 wrote:Hi i just wana tell u that in my previous T 1 App i only provided 3 years information which is actually the same in ILR app so my visa was approved and then did,nt ask for five years history and now in my ILR app i did the same so i think u will be fine with that thanks.
Regards
Hi guys, I've just come across something that's really bugging my mind now. I've applied for Set (LR) on Sept 15, 2014. Just waiting now but I just saw some queries regarding the address in Set (LR) form! Well for B14 and 15, I've put my Home address for B14 where I've been living for a year and half and B15 I've put down my previous address where I lived for one year. Reading the question then, it didn't occur to me that all previous 5 years addresses may be necessary! Now I see some or most of you guys added duplicate page and gave all 5 years addresses. So is that a problem? I mean the question clearly doesn't say to provide addresses for all previous 5 years! I'm a bit apprehensive now. Has anyone experienced this before? Got approved? Please do let me know, I need some peace of mind badly. I applied for my wife's FLR(M) recently and it clearly mentions to give addresses covering past two years but Set (LR) was not clear at all! Worst case scenario will the request for further information or reject the application because of this? My application is hopefully pretty straightforward. Thanks guys.
Thanks brother ali45 for your kind reply. That's what my understanding as well but just sent a covering letter and all the addresses to Home Office as additional info just in case! You never know with these people. Remember us in your prayer as I'll do the same for you.[/quote]

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:46 pm

Congrats @Qais ... Good luck ..one more for Aug cool

18august2014

Post by 18august2014 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:51 am

Hello everyone

My application has been approved, with history as follows:

Application posted on: 18 August 2014
Acknowledgement letter dated: 20 August 2014
Biometric invitation letter dated: 12 September 2014
Biometrics enrolled on: 19 September 2014
Approval letter dated: 15 November 2014
Documents returned on: 19 September 2014

My case history is on the google tracker but I wanted to share the following peculiarities:

- I had 66 counts of overseas trips, including 45 work-related (note - only whole days spent away from the UK are counted if you are concerned about multiple trips)
- Many of my passport stamps had faded (so don't worry if yours are also, as long as you can represent the exact dates of travel)
- I submitted my degree certificate instead of English test certificate (it was not clear if they needed it but I provided to be on the safe side)
- In terms of documentation, all I submitted was the (a) completed application form, (b) Life in the UK Test pass notification letter, (c) passports, (d) biometric resident permit card, (e) degree certificate, (f) photographs and (g) photocopies of photo and stamped pages in my passports.
- I was tempted to provide other information at first but decided to keep it simple and sent just the information asked; I felt unnecessary extra information would only annoy the caseworker and perhaps even slow down the process

I have to say I am very pleased to have received a decision within three months, having prepared myself for longer. And for those who read my previous thread, my docs were returned to my home address instead of my correspondence address in error, and I only received the documents today because my neighbour picked up the mail but only handed it to me earlier.

All the best.

Kindsoul

Post by Kindsoul » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

18august2014 wrote:Hello everyone

My case history is on the google tracker but I wanted to share the following peculiarities:

- I had 66 counts of overseas trips, including 45 work-related (note - only whole days spent away from the UK are counted if you are concerned about multiple trips)
- Many of my passport stamps had faded (so don't worry if yours are also, as long as you can represent the exact dates of travel)
- I submitted my degree certificate instead of English test certificate (it was not clear if they needed it but I provided to be on the safe side)
- In terms of documentation, all I submitted was the (a) completed application form, (b) Life in the UK Test pass notification letter, (c) passports, (d) biometric resident permit card, (e) degree certificate, (f) photographs and (g) photocopies of photo and stamped pages in my passports.
- I was tempted to provide other information at first but decided to keep it simple and sent just the information asked; I felt unnecessary extra information would only annoy the caseworker and perhaps even slow down the process

I have to say I am very pleased to have received a decision within three months, having prepared myself for longer. And for those who read my previous thread, my docs were returned to my home address instead of my correspondence address in error, and I only received the documents today because my neighbour picked up the mail but only handed it to me earlier.

All the best.
Another good news. Many congratulations! Enjoy your Real freedom now.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:20 am

I came to UK on 25-12-2004, What is the earliest date I can apply for SET LR?
Is it 27-11-2014 ??
Thank You

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:23 am

All the best.
Hi,
many many congratulations mate as nothing is better than freedom.please do pray for all of us waiting anxiously with double minded.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:25 am

imraniqbal2010 wrote:I came to UK on 25-12-2004, What is the earliest date I can apply for SET LR?
Is it 27-11-2014 ??
Thank You
you could apply 28 days before completion of your 10 years so the best and safe i would recommend you is to apply on or after 29 of december.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:26 am

shahfurqan wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote:I came to UK on 25-12-2004, What is the earliest date I can apply for SET LR?
Is it 27-11-2014 ??
Thank You
you could apply 28 days before completion of your 10 years so the best and safe i would recommend you is to apply on or after 29 of November.

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:59 am

All the best.
Congratulations my friend:) Great news:) Thanks for your help regarding my query.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:49 am

congrats to those who has received their ILRs... :D

but got to say the progress is painstakingly slow

Siko

Post by Siko » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:22 am

Hi everybody
I got my approval today
Letter date 21
Recieve document today
I recommend this board to everyone it help me a lot
And save a lot of solicitor money
The suggestion on this board is better then any solicitor
What I think may be I m wrong
Thx to all who help me I will be in touch to the board if I help anybody

joanie

Post by joanie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Congratulations Siko, very happy for you and best of luck to everyone waiting for approval.

sascopk78
Newly Registered

Post by sascopk78 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:12 pm

YOUR COUNT DOWN TOWARDS 10 YEAR LONG RESIDENCY STARTS FROM THE ISSUING DATE OF YOUR VISA BUT ONLY IF YOU HAD TRAVEL WITH THE 3 MONTHS OF VISA GRANTED.

sascopk78
Newly Registered

Re: qualifying period for ILR

Post by sascopk78 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:23 pm

sajnan wrote:hi
i came to uk on 10th dec 2004 on student visa however my visa was issued on 1st november 2004. i know we should not send the ILR application more than 28 days before the qualifying period. my question is whether someone has successfully applied for ILR based on the date when visa was issued?or we should follow the date when the applicant enetered uk.
UKIV GUidance says:

Your 10-year qualifying period starts from either:

when you arrived in the UK with a visa
when you were given permission to stay in the UK

plz share ur experience .
Your 10-year qualifying period starts from when you were given permission to stay in the UK BUT ONLY IF YOU HAD TRAVEL WITH THE 3 MONTHS TIME

ali45

Post by ali45 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:33 pm

Many congratulations my friend

All the best.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Siko wrote:Hi everybody
I got my approval today
Letter date 21
Recieve document today

Happy for you siko. Much awaited freedom. Congratulations :D
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:27 pm

fielddrive wrote:congrats to those who has received their ILRs... :D

but got to say the progress is painstakingly slow

@Fielddrive ;-) next week is your's mate I wish your wait will end soon its hard when you know you need to wait a week feels like an year ;-) but still good luck

Siko

Post by Siko » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:14 pm

joanie wrote:Congratulations Siko, very happy for you and best of luck to everyone waiting for approval.
Thx to everyone

Siko

Post by Siko » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:14 pm

joanie wrote:Congratulations Siko, very happy for you and best of luck to everyone waiting for approval.
Thx to everyone

Siko

Post by Siko » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Spatacus wrote:
I got my approval today
Letter date 21
Recieve document today

Thank u bro

Siko

Post by Siko » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Spatacus wrote:
I got my approval today
Letter date 21
Recieve document today

Thank u

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Congrats to Siko ....

Just a Reminder please don't mess with the spread sheet .or tracker ;-)
and Please update or just leave a message when you receive your ILR's

Thanks

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi "Spatacus" I hope your approval soon .because as average time 8 week after biometric . So give a good news soon.

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi "Spatacus" I hope your approval soon .because as average time 8 week after biometric . So give a good news soon.