ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dec17

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Dec17 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:27 am

Saeedrehman wrote:Hi All,

My wife still did not get her decision yet, (applied 29.08.14); straight forward case as far as we know... its really depressing for her to wait for our postman daily and then not have her decision.

plz plz can I request you all to make a sincere dua that today is her day :)

or me lol.. I applied 22.09.14

Thank you all in advance!! n good luck to rest of u !
Hi,mate you will definelty get yours by end of this week because home office need to start process October application by next month lets pray god you and your wife get approvel by this week .

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:33 am

Muhammad1976 wrote:Hi

I varied my application from Teir 1 to ILR, it's been 3 weeks now I didn't receive any response from HO neither they deduct fee till today, I checked my application through post office tracking service it was received on Durham address second day, can any one help he why they didn't send acknowledgement letter, what should I suppose to do, who should I contact or should I wait..

Many thanks

Meem
Hi mate Normaly home office take 4 weeks to issue the acknologement letter you ask them to vary the application it might take longer than you expected as long as you keep the proof you absolutely fine no need to worry ,you will get it .

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:43 am

Guys,

Does anyone know if the HO keeps records of our calls when we call them. I mean because they take our reference number etc is there a system they keep notes when we called last etc??

Cheers,

The guy in waiting :D :D

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:57 am

Dec17 wrote:

My wife still did not get her decision yet, (applied 29.08.14); straight forward case as far as we know... its really depressing for her to wait for our postman daily and then not have her decision.

Hi,mate you will definelty get yours by end of this week because home office need to start process October application by next month lets pray god you and your wife get approvel by this week .

In Shaa Allah!! Thanks

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:02 am

ali45 wrote:@saeedraheem have u check ur SAR report??tell us about uriimmigration history

She came to UK in sep 2004, had student visa then had PSW in 2011 and tier 1 ent visa in 2013. She has no CCJ, no gaps except for a student visa refusal in 2009 which was won in appeal well within time under pankina ruling.

HGwyll
Newly Registered

Post by HGwyll » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:08 am

Hello to all on this board,

I have been a quiet lurker, but this board has been so helpful and reassuring to me as I have waited through the process of application.
Today the doorbell rang and I signed for my new BRP which says I have been granted ILR! This was the first I had heard, as I have not yet received a letter to say I was approved. The BRP card proves it though, so I am happy and surprised!

I hope this will be good news to some October applicants, too, as I mailed my application on 02/10/2014.

Here are my dates below. I have not added this to the Google drive as it seems that quite often there is confusion when many people adjust things. So I will trust to one of the regulars of this board to add it if they would like to!

Application mailed: 02/10/2014
Acknowledgment letter: dated 06/10/2014
Invitation to Biometrics: dated 17/10/2014 (although I did not receive it until 25/10/2014!)
Biometric enrolled: 01/11/2014

New BRP with ILR received: 28/01/2015

I assume my passport etc. are in the mail as is the official letter.

My application was very straightforward with no overstays or time without visas, and I have been in the UK for my 10 years as the dependent of a foreign worker here (he does not have ILR, just regular permission to be/work here in the UK).

This time is so stressful for everyone. The application is confusing, and there was much worrying about whether everything was done right etc. (I did not use a solicitor, I just did it myself). It is also very expensive! The worst part is the waiting, though, with all your documents out of your control and the HO telling you nothing...

I am very fortunate as my father (overseas) has an operation next month that I must travel back for to help look after him. I was afraid I would have to ask for my documents back and cancel the application, but things turned out favourably after all!

I wish you all the very best with your applications. A special thanks to all who contribute to this board with their knowledge and their kind thoughts and prayers. I am returning as much of this as I can!

Good luck all.
HG

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:19 am

HGwyll wrote:Hello to all on this board,

I have been a quiet lurker, but this board has been so helpful and reassuring to me as I have waited through the process of application.
Today the doorbell rang and I signed for my new BRP which says I have been granted ILR! This was the first I had heard, as I have not yet received a letter to say I was approved. The BRP card proves it though, so I am happy and surprised!

I hope this will be good news to some October applicants, too, as I mailed my application on 02/10/2014.

Here are my dates below. I have not added this to the Google drive as it seems that quite often there is confusion when many people adjust things. So I will trust to one of the regulars of this board to add it if they would like to!

Invitation to Biometrics: dated 17/10/2014 (although I did not receive it until 25/10/2014!)

My application was very straightforward with no overstays or time without visas, and I have been in the UK for my 10 years as the dependent of a foreign worker here (he does not have ILR, just regular permission to be/work here in the UK).

This time is so stressful for everyone. The application is confusing, and there was much worrying about whether everything was done right etc. (I did not use a solicitor, I just did it myself). It is also very expensive! The worst part is the waiting, though, with all your documents out of your control and the HO telling you nothing...

I am very fortunate as my father (overseas) has an operation next month that I must travel back for to help look after him. I was afraid I would have to ask for my documents back and cancel the application, but things turned out favourably after all!

I wish you all the very best with your applications. A special thanks to all who contribute to this board with their knowledge and their kind thoughts and prayers. I am returning as much of this as I can!

Good luck all.
HG

Hi Mate,

I am so happy for you and congratulations. I think it's time for you to enjoy the freedom :) . I don't know how it feels as I am still waiting for my documents :) .

I hope all goes well with your dad.

Cheers.

RAZAjaan
Newly Registered

Post by RAZAjaan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:24 am

hi everyone

I have been very silent visitor of this site
Got the Visa today

dated 25th
appliyed on 27 sep

7 years student 2 years Psw 1 year Tier 1

Need some Information ,, my wife is on dependent visa of Tier 1 (PBS Dependant leave to remain) she still got 2 yrs plus visa left . Would this visa becomes invalid when my visa status change Plz do reply me
best regards

to all
Last edited by RAZAjaan on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:25 am

Good luck all.
HG
Congrats it's a good news that October application start process thanks got sharing this good news .

2015App
Newly Registered

Post by 2015App » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:39 am

Good luck all.
HG
Congratulations HGwyll. enjoy your freedom.

This is really good news to know that HO started to process October applications.

@Saeedrehman you and your wife are next for approval .

Thanks

ali45

Post by ali45 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:41 am

Dnt you worry brother you will receive it in a few days as I seen ur case is straightforward you and ur wife will get a good news soon in sha Allah.

She came to UK in sep 2004, had student visa then had PSW in 2011 and tier 1 ent visa in 2013. She has no CCJ, no gaps except for a student visa refusal in 2009 which was won in appeal well within time under pankina ruling.[/quote]

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:48 am

Now that we know for sure from this forum that October applications have started. However I called the HO a few minutes back and the lady told me they are still processing September. SO it looks like the telephone agents doesn't always have the accurate information as to what timelines the caseworkers are working.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Muhammad1976 wrote:Hi

I varied my application from Teir 1 to ILR, it's been 3 weeks now I didn't receive any response from HO neither they deduct fee till today, I checked my application through post office tracking service it was received on Durham address second day, can any one help he why they didn't send acknowledgement letter, what should I suppose to do, who should I contact or should I wait..

Many thanks

Meem
@Muhammad,mate which method did u use to pay the HO fee,as for as acknowledgement is concerned its normal and you should also keep checking your email you provided but make sure with your bank as well if you paid by card as some times they can not take money out and it declines.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:15 pm

@saeed,mate it is definitely frustrating but not disappointing as they are not legally bound to make decision within six months.they will for sure write you if they need more time.our sincere prayers are with you all the time but you must call HO once in a weak to confirm the progress of your application.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi,

I have recently submitted my ILR (long Residence) application and send my graduation degree along with ACCA certificate for english language requirement but I did not send any transcript or letter from Univ/College to confirm if it was in english neither have I posted calculator summary- just wondering if my bachlor degree from Oxford brookes and ACCA certificate will be sufficient? I was on tier 1 general before this and had previously satisfied the requirement through above certificates/degree.

Will that be sufficient or should I send a PBS calculator summary along with any proof from NARIC or Univ etc? and will they accept any document after the application?

your advice will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

SH

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:21 pm

mazeen1910 wrote:Guys,

Does anyone know if the HO keeps records of our calls when we call them. I mean because they take our reference number etc is there a system they keep notes when we called last etc??

Cheers,

The guy in waiting :D :D
@mazeen,dear primarily i firmly believe HO does not maintain record of applicant calls and i do not see any point why would they be doing that,Secondary by law there is no any objection of making inquiry on your outstanding application and it does not effect the HO decision as they are established for the applicants help and that is why they are get paid for but i also believe that calling HO on daily basis is foolishness and they update their system once in a weak not on daily basis.

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:29 pm

shahfurqan wrote:

@saeed,mate it is definitely frustrating but not disappointing as they are not legally bound to make decision within six months.they will for sure write you if they need more time.our sincere prayers are with you all the time but you must call HO once in a weak to confirm the progress of your application.

Thanks brother, I understand that they are only legally bound to decide within 6 months but with applications being decided that are posted well after her.. you kind of feel.. ignored :D

And everytime you call and hear same reply that 'its not completed yet' and there is still time for 6 months to get over so continue to wait... that kind of adds to the frustration as you cant say much at that point. :x

but nevertheless... they cant take much longer now anyways as her 6 months get over end feb so one way or the other we will hear from HO.

plz continue to pray! thanks

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:31 pm

eclectic wrote:Hi,

I have recently submitted my ILR (long Residence) application and send my graduation degree along with ACCA certificate for english language requirement but I did not send any transcript or letter from Univ/College to confirm if it was in english neither have I posted calculator summary- just wondering if my bachlor degree from Oxford brookes and ACCA certificate will be sufficient? I was on tier 1 general before this and had previously satisfied the requirement through above certificates/degree.

Will that be sufficient or should I send a PBS calculator summary along with any proof from NARIC or Univ etc? and will they accept any document after the application?

your advice will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

SH
@electric,mate you are not required to send transcripts,pbs calculators or any letter from your college as degree is more than enough to satisfy their requirements.I am pretty sure you will be fine.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:37 pm

@shahfurqan,

thank you for your response.

Yes but the trouble is that I have not sent any letter from college/Univ or PBS calculator with my degree

I have only sent

ACCA Affilliate Certificate
BSC (Hons) Oxford Brookes

should I send a PBS calculator now with my case ref etc and would that complicate things further? is there any harm in sending?

Saeedrehman

Post by Saeedrehman » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:46 pm

She called HO, same reply... It's still processing, plz continue to wait .
Sad, very sad. So now we know it's not coming today, tmrw or day after even if the decision is taken by today evening :x

nymphaeaurora
Newly Registered

Post by nymphaeaurora » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Saeedrehman wrote:She called HO, same reply... It's still processing, plz continue to wait .
Sad, very sad. So now we know it's not coming today, tmrw or day after even if the decision is taken by today evening :x
you are not the only one. I applied on 8/09/2014... and HO reply this morning - your application it is in processing

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:12 pm

eclectic wrote:@shahfurqan,

Yes but the trouble is that I have not sent any letter from college/Univ or PBS calculator with my degree

I have only sent

should I send a PBS calculator now with my case ref etc and would that complicate things further? is there any harm in sending?
mate if you have sent your graduation degree which is understood that it has been taught in english so you do not need to send your college letters or pbs calculator as the requirement is the degree.wait for other members if any body want to comment.

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm eligible to apply for ILR after 13th August (5yrs student + 2 yrs PSW + 3 yrs Tier 2). 13th August is (10yrs - 28days). My current visa (tier 2) with my employer, expires on 31st of August. I have no refusals, no overstays - it should be a straight forward application for ILR. So I thought I can apply for ILR before the expiry date and everything will be ok. But, my employer brought in some new issues that I never expected.

my employer uses an immigration solicitor firm for all visa applications, extensions etc. What they told my employer is that I should apply for Tier 2 extension rather than ILR under 10 year scheme. The reason they quoted was that if I apply for ILR (postal application & it takes nearly 4 months to finish the process) I wouldn't have visa after 31st of August. I told my employer I can give the acknowledgement letter from HO as a proof (hopefully I will get this before 31st August). But my employer says they are not sure that is acceptable and they ask me to do what the solicitors are saying.

The issue for me is that if I go with Tier 2 extension, I'll be tied with the same employer and my ILR will be delayed for another 2 years. My children (both born in the UK) can't apply for British passports for another 2 years.

I'm worried about employer not agreeing with my ILR and they are ill advised by these solicitors (motive is that they can make more money, as my employer will put my application through them if I go for tier 2 extension).

Your help on this would be really appreciated. Also, if any one had similar situation before, please share your experience on this.

eclectic

Post by eclectic » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:36 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
eclectic wrote:@shahfurqan,

I have only sent

mate if you have sent your graduation degree which is understood that it has been taught in english so you do not need to send your college letters or pbs calculator as the requirement is the degree.wait for other members if any body want to comment.

thanks mate- any one else with same experience?

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:51 pm

SJ307 wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm eligible to apply for ILR after 13th August (5yrs student + 2 yrs PSW + 3 yrs Tier 2). 13th August is (10yrs - 28days). My current visa (tier 2) with my employer, expires on 31st of August. I have no refusals, no overstays - it should be a straight forward application for ILR. So I thought I can apply for ILR before the expiry date and everything will be ok. But, my employer brought in some new issues that I never expected.

my employer uses an immigration solicitor firm for all visa applications, extensions etc. What they told my employer is that I should apply for Tier 2 extension rather than ILR under 10 year scheme. The reason they quoted was that if I apply for ILR (postal application & it takes nearly 4 months to finish the process) I wouldn't have visa after 31st of August. I told my employer I can give the acknowledgement letter from HO as a proof (hopefully I will get this before 31st August). But my employer says they are not sure that is acceptable and they ask me to do what the solicitors are saying.

The issue for me is that if I go with Tier 2 extension, I'll be tied with the same employer and my ILR will be delayed for another 2 years. My children (both born in the UK) can't apply for British passports for another 2 years.

I'm worried about employer not agreeing with my ILR and they are ill advised by these solicitors (motive is that they can make more money, as my employer will put my application through them if I go for tier 2 extension).

Your help on this would be really appreciated. Also, if any one had similar situation before, please share your experience on this.
@sj307,keep continue for the time being with your employer as you are on tier2 and you have not got any option any way.if the 10 years laws do not get hard then if you do not have family and kids with you will advise you to go for ilr under 10 years long residence as your employer solicitor firm must know that your status will remain the same if you apply before the expiry of your leave as this is exactly not my wording but the Home Office wording and your employer solicitor should not get smarter than HO.if you apply an in time application,untill the decision has been made,your status will remain of tier 2.