ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:08 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
mazeen1910 wrote:Guys,

Does anyone know if the HO keeps records of our calls when we call them. I mean because they take our reference number etc is there a system they keep notes when we called last etc??

Cheers,

The guy in waiting :D :D
@mazeen,dear primarily i firmly believe HO does not maintain record of applicant calls and i do not see any point why would they be doing that,Secondary by law there is no any objection of making inquiry on your outstanding application and it does not effect the HO decision as they are established for the applicants help and that is why they are get paid for but i also believe that calling HO on daily basis is foolishness and they update their system once in a weak not on daily basis.

Total agree with shafurqhan .... I used to call HO everyday knowing that it doesnt affect my application ..... I got more confused with then info I used to get everyday ;-) one day it seemed its done the other day it was still processing.....

Calling HO daily will not affect the decision but it will surely affect you mentally waiting gets worse my advice call HO once in a week thats the better option ..

Good luck everyone

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:12 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:

Does anyone know if the HO keeps records of our calls when we call them. I mean because they take our reference number etc is there a system they keep notes when we called last etc??

Cheers,

@mazeen,dear primarily i firmly believe HO does not maintain record of applicant calls and i do not see any point why would they be doing that,Secondary by law there is no any objection of making inquiry on your outstanding application and it does not effect the HO decision as they are established for the applicants help and that is why they are get paid for but i also believe that calling HO on daily basis is foolishness and they update their system once in a weak not on daily basis.
Hey Maddy,

As promised looks like you're still around :D . Very nice to hear from you. Hope you're enjoying the freedom?

Total agree with shafurqhan .... I used to call HO everyday knowing that it doesnt affect my application ..... I got more confused with then info I used to get everyday ;-) one day it seemed its done the other day it was still processing.....

Calling HO daily will not affect the decision but it will surely affect you mentally waiting gets worse my advice call HO once in a week thats the better option ..

Good luck everyone

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Praise be to Allah,Lord of all the worlds,Earth and Skies and whatever in between.

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

with the extreme mercy of my lord and with the Sincere prayers of my well wishers including all of my 10 years long residence Forum colleagues,I am happily announcing that I have received my Indefinite Leave to Remain.on the spread sheet am under the user name saba.my timeline is as follow.

Application Sent: 29 September 2014
Acknowledgement: 07 October 2014
Bio Invitation: 17 October 2014
Enrollment: 18 October 2014
Approval: 27 January 2015
BRP: 28 January 2015

I wish best of luck to everyone waiting for their approval.May the Most High make your wait stress less and easy and grant you with approvals and may full fill your fair dreams.Please do not forget in your prayers and prayers should not be limited to approvals only as we all need everyday and every time.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:13 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
SJ307 wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm eligible to apply for ILR after 13th August (5yrs student + 2 yrs PSW + 3 yrs Tier 2). 13th August is (10yrs - 28days). My current visa (tier 2) with my employer, expires on 31st of August. I have no refusals, no overstays - it should be a straight forward application for ILR. So I thought I can apply for ILR before the expiry date and everything will be ok. But, my employer brought in some new issues that I never expected.

my employer uses an immigration solicitor firm for all visa applications, extensions etc. What they told my employer is that I should apply for Tier 2 extension rather than ILR under 10 year scheme. The reason they quoted was that if I apply for ILR (postal application & it takes nearly 4 months to finish the process) I wouldn't have visa after 31st of August. I told my employer I can give the acknowledgement letter from HO as a proof (hopefully I will get this before 31st August). But my employer says they are not sure that is acceptable and they ask me to do what the solicitors are saying.

The issue for me is that if I go with Tier 2 extension, I'll be tied with the same employer and my ILR will be delayed for another 2 years. My children (both born in the UK) can't apply for British passports for another 2 years.

I'm worried about employer not agreeing with my ILR and they are ill advised by these solicitors (motive is that they can make more money, as my employer will put my application through them if I go for tier 2 extension).

Your help on this would be really appreciated. Also, if any one had similar situation before, please share your experience on this.
@sj307,keep continue for the time being with your employer as you are on tier2 and you have not got any option any way.if the 10 years laws do not get hard then if you do not have family and kids with you will advise you to go for ilr under 10 years long residence as your employer solicitor firm must know that your status will remain the same if you apply before the expiry of your leave as this is exactly not my wording but the Home Office wording and your employer solicitor should not get smarter than HO.if you apply an in time application,untill the decision has been made,your status will remain of tier 2.

Hmm thats tricky but end of the day you managed 3 years with the current employer stay for next 2 years ..... if you look this way your wife will get ILR quickly along with you :-) thats the bonus other wise your wife needs to complete 10 years before she gets her ILR .... end of the day personal choice mate at least you have 2 options to choose ;-) good luck

ILRawaited
Newly Registered

Post by ILRawaited » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Hi All,

Applied for 10 years long residence in Jan 2015, my case as follows:

2 yrs diploma
1 year Post Graduate diploma
7 year as PBS dependent

My question is what kind of checks done by HO, no gaps in 10 years,
why it takes 6 months+
when the case worker is allotted
Which circumstances they ask for more information
Which circumstances HO ask for an interview

thanks

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:43 pm

shahfurqan wrote:Praise be to Allah,Lord of all the worlds,Earth and Skies and whatever in between.

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

with the extreme mercy of my lord and with the Sincere prayers of my well wishers including all of my 10 years long residence Forum colleagues,I am happily announcing that I have received my Indefinite Leave to Remain.on the spread sheet am under the user name saba.my timeline is as follow.

I wish best of luck to everyone waiting for their approval.May the Most High make your wait stress less and easy and grant you with approvals and may full fill your fair dreams.Please do not forget in your prayers and prayers should not be limited to approvals only as we all need everyday and every time.
Mate, so happy for you. Enjoy the freedom. Hope you will hang around?

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:45 pm

shahfurqan wrote:

Cheers,

Thanks I thought so too.. But just thought of checking. The wait has started to affect my daily life. :(

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:56 pm

ILRawaited wrote:Hi All,

Applied for 10 years long residence in Jan 2015, my case as follows:

2 yrs diploma
1 year Post Graduate diploma
7 year as PBS dependent

My question is what kind of checks done by HO, no gaps in 10 years,
why it takes 6 months+
when the case worker is allotted
Which circumstances they ask for more information
Which circumstances HO ask for an interview

thanks
well mate this is the standard time for set lr applications and the HO could give you more briefly why they take six months.secondly HO is mainly concerned if there is any gaps in your last ten years of stay or any kind of over staying.They also check the criminality and convictions and these comes in general refusals.as compare to other visa applications,if you meet the english requirement,life in the uk,have no gaps and over staying,then it comes under the category of straight forward cases.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:58 pm

mazeen1910 wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:Praise be to Allah,Lord of all the worlds,Earth and Skies and whatever in between.

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

Mate, so happy for you. Enjoy the freedom. Hope you will hang around?
Thanks,yes i definitely will hang around but for a little while.hope you get your approval sooner.

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Just a wild thought out of the norm..

We're all like minded people with a common goal. And we have just met on this forum in that journey called ILR. Wouldn't it be nice for all of us (at least most of us) to meet up one day as a get together. So that we can put faces to those funny aliases? That would be a forum first I guess.

What do you think guys??

Please feel free to tell me if you anyone thinks I am going mad...

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

Hi mate congrats ... Now your wait is over and party time begin , I am really happy you are so help ful in this forum plz continue to pray for us .

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:11 pm

Lets hope for the best, is there anyone in forum had a history of toeic or ets and received approval?

thanks

K4 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:HI K4
Bro how do u know they are done with investigation is it confirmed news? hope we all get the good news soon, may the almighty help us all.

thanks
http://thepienews.com/news/uk-latest-65 ... s-removed/

check the link

These are the latest and presumed to be final statistics from a rolling investigation which started with licence suspensions at 57 private colleges and evolved to encompass at least 75 private colleges.

I am not saying it's over I guess it's over been nearly a year.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:23 pm

hammad14 wrote:Lets hope for the best, is there anyone in forum had a history of toeic or ets and received approval?

thanks

K4 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:HI K4
Bro how do u know they are done with investigation is it confirmed news? hope we all get the good news soon, may the almighty help us all.

thanks
http://thepienews.com/news/uk-latest-65 ... s-removed/

check the link

These are the latest and presumed to be final statistics from a rolling investigation which started with licence suspensions at 57 private colleges and evolved to encompass at least 75 private colleges.

I am not saying it's over I guess it's over been nearly a year.
Hi, mate did you use the Toiec with SET (LR) application or before you used to get any other visa ?

SJ307

Post by SJ307 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:28 pm

maddysheffield wrote:
shahfurqan wrote:
SJ307 wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm eligible to apply for ILR after 13th August (5yrs student + 2 yrs PSW + 3 yrs Tier 2). 13th August is (10yrs - 28days). My current visa (tier 2) with my employer, expires on 31st of August. I have no refusals, no overstays - it should be a straight forward application for ILR. So I thought I can apply for ILR before the expiry date and everything will be ok. But, my employer brought in some new issues that I never expected.

my employer uses an immigration solicitor firm for all visa applications, extensions etc. What they told my employer is that I should apply for Tier 2 extension rather than ILR under 10 year scheme. The reason they quoted was that if I apply for ILR (postal application & it takes nearly 4 months to finish the process) I wouldn't have visa after 31st of August. I told my employer I can give the acknowledgement letter from HO as a proof (hopefully I will get this before 31st August). But my employer says they are not sure that is acceptable and they ask me to do what the solicitors are saying.

The issue for me is that if I go with Tier 2 extension, I'll be tied with the same employer and my ILR will be delayed for another 2 years. My children (both born in the UK) can't apply for British passports for another 2 years.

I'm worried about employer not agreeing with my ILR and they are ill advised by these solicitors (motive is that they can make more money, as my employer will put my application through them if I go for tier 2 extension).

Your help on this would be really appreciated. Also, if any one had similar situation before, please share your experience on this.
@sj307,keep continue for the time being with your employer as you are on tier2 and you have not got any option any way.if the 10 years laws do not get hard then if you do not have family and kids with you will advise you to go for ilr under 10 years long residence as your employer solicitor firm must know that your status will remain the same if you apply before the expiry of your leave as this is exactly not my wording but the Home Office wording and your employer solicitor should not get smarter than HO.if you apply an in time application,untill the decision has been made,your status will remain of tier 2.

Hmm thats tricky but end of the day you managed 3 years with the current employer stay for next 2 years ..... if you look this way your wife will get ILR quickly along with you :-) thats the bonus other wise your wife needs to complete 10 years before she gets her ILR .... end of the day personal choice mate at least you have 2 options to choose ;-) good luck

Thanks for the replies. But the most difficult thing of going with Tier 2 extension is that, how do I know the 5 year wait for ILR (under Tier 2) will remain 5 years. I remember back in early 2000s, this 5yr wait was 3yrs by then. Are we sure that the Gov is not going to change it to 6yrs or 7yrs by 2016/2017. If it happens, I'll look stupid if I go with Tier 2 extension. Any rumours or facts about Gov planning to chagne the 5yr waiting time?

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:46 pm

[quote="SJ307"][quote="maddysheffield"][quote="shahfurqan"][quote="SJ307"]Hi Guys,

Just a thought; why don't you just apply for the Tier 2 extension as per your employers wish (it should take about 6 weeks max). Once you get your renewal, then you can privately apply for ILR on the 10 year route (straight away). And if for some reason your ILR gets refused then still you can continue with your Tier 2 general as that would be valid for 3 years.

Mate I think that's the best way forward. Because if you now apply for ILR for straight away and goes tits up for some reason then your employer not want to re apply as tier 2 general and it becomes a complicated case.

So in summary:

- Go with tier 2 renewal
- As soon as you have the documents then apply for ILR straight away.

** Your employer will not and should not have any issues with this approach.

RAZAjaan
Newly Registered

Post by RAZAjaan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:51 pm

what about if you apply for Extention and Later apply for ILR will cost you money but will keep employer satisfied

RAZAjaan
Newly Registered

what about if you apply for Extention and Later apply for ILR will cost you money but will keep employer satisfied

RAZAjaan
Newly Registered

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:23 pm

mazeen1910 wrote:Just a wild thought out of the norm..

We're all like minded people with a common goal. And we have just met on this forum in that journey called ILR. Wouldn't it be nice for all of us (at least most of us) to meet up one day as a get together. So that we can put faces to those funny aliases? That would be a forum first I guess.

What do you think guys??

@mazeen,nice idea dear,i totally do agree with that but it would nice if you get your approval first :lol: :lol:

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Dec17 wrote:

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

Hi mate congrats ... Now your wait is over and party time begin , I am really happy you are so help ful in this forum plz continue to pray for us .
@Dec,thank you very much my dear,stay blessed,hope you get your approval soon.

ali45

Post by ali45 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Many congratulations furqan brother u deserved it enjoy ur freedom and pray for us please.

shahfurqan"]Praise be to Allah,Lord of all the worlds,Earth and Skies and whatever in between.

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

I wish best of luck to everyone waiting for their approval.May the Most High make your wait stress less and easy and grant you with approvals and may full fill your fair dreams.Please do not forget in your prayers and prayers should not be limited to approvals only as we all need everyday and every time.[/quote]

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:34 pm

@sj307,mate you still have long way to go as you will become eligible in august 2015 so the best idea for you is to make your mind about a week before eligibility which will give you more strength.if you are living on your own and you have not got spouse or kids then i have told you go for the long residence option but if you have got dependents then i reckon option 2 because it will get them their ilr with you.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:36 pm

ali45 wrote:Many congratulations furqan brother u deserved it enjoy ur freedom and pray for us please.

shahfurqan"]Praise be to Allah,Lord of all the worlds,Earth and Skies and whatever in between.

Hi Dear Forum Fellows,

[/quote]

@Ali,thank you very much dear,hope you get your soon with the blessing of Almighty.please do not forget in your prayers.

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:58 pm

shahfurqan wrote:
mazeen1910 wrote:Just a wild thought out of the norm..

What do you think guys??

@mazeen,nice idea dear,i totally do agree with that but it would nice if you get your approval first :lol: :lol:

@Shaf.. Yes agree. Please don't forget to pray for me.

careandshare
Newly Registered

Post by careandshare » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Aslamoalykum
Many congrates who have recived their visas.
I have been on this fourm from from last fee months and this forum has been a like a ray on light at the end of long tunel.
I felt as if we all are on a boat and everyone has been encourging And supporting each other. I cannot thank everyone has supported me here on this long diffcult journey.
With the grace and blessing of Almight Allah I got my ILR today which i still cannot belive after that long wait.

Here I would like to thankx all the senior memebers like
Shafurqn, madyshefiled, baba G and all who I cnnot remeber and may not be on the forum.

Here is my timeline
Enterd uk 27sep2004
Student and Psw = 10 years
Had 2 months gap to reach milstone
Coverd the time with tier 4 application applied on 28june
Varied application on 1st of sep2014
Acknowedment letter around 8sep
Email with case id on 23 sep
Bio invitation 12nov
Bio done 17nov
Revived documents and cards 28jan2015

Please donot lose you hopes and stick together