ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alam_m

Re: 10 years long residence Urgent Advise Needed

Post by alam_m » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi All,
This post is on behalf of my friend who is totally distressed by a mistake made by his lawyer. He needs advise. I just copy-paste his mail underneath with his due permission:

" hello i came in UK in 15th of april 2005 my last live to remain finished on the 31st of july 2013, the in same day i applied for work permit visa which was refused and put me on appeal. The hearing held in 31st of july 2014, and the decision was given in 7th of august in 2014, then my solicitor just tried to buy some time before the upper tribunal gave me the decision i applied for tier 4 visa on 7th of october.

now hear is the situation, my solicitor ask me to apply before he withdraw my appeal and he said he will withdraw the appeal in next day in 8th of october but i found out that he withdraw the appeal in 10th of october when i got the letter from the court. i was worreid and ask my solicitor he said to wait if the homeoffice except my application. as normally i did my biomatric and everything and in 11th of november 2014 they send me an email confirming that my application is valid after giving my biomatric and in 24ht of november 2014 homeoffice send me another email confirming that my application is still under consideration. in 30th of november my college got revoked i was waiting for 60 days letter so i call them in general inquary they asked me to write manchester curtelment team which i did in 26 of february 2015.

now in 1st of march i recived a letter from tier4 saying that they cannot consider my application and send it back to me as invalid saying that i can not make an application when section 3 (c) is continuing.

now hear is my question

1) am i overstayed in this country ?

2) can i make an ilr application on 10Yr basis?

3) should i ask them for a review the same tier 4 application?""'

Can some one please advise what my friend can do at this moment?? Please help

meet2mustafiz

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by meet2mustafiz » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:49 pm

I am in big trouble,very very worried.I will highly appreciate for your help and advice:
I am in very difficultly position.I was a student,living in UK with my wife and 2 year old son.My visa was refused on human right ground.My appeal's hearing in First Tier Tribunal was on June 2014. 5 month before the hearing date on last January 2014, I changed my solicitor and present solicitor informed Home Office and tribunal about the changes and he represent me in the hearing.I did not knew the decision until I phoned Tribunal on 2nd week of August 2014 ,they told me Tribunal dismissed my appeal on first week of July 2014 and I was also shocked when they said they sent determination letter to my previous solicitor's address.
After many correspondences with Tribunal,Tribunal re-issued decision letter on first week of December 2014.

Then we sent permission to appeal for Upper tribunal to First Tier tribunal within 14 days.Now they are saying they haven't received my permission to appeal for Upper tribunal.but my solicitor said he have proof,he have the receipt from fax machine that he sent the permission to appeal.now he is contracting with First Tier Tribunal.

First week of august 2015,I will qualify to apply ILR on 10 years ground.I am very much worried that Home Office could say I have the gap in continuous residency during appeal process.Because according to home office I did not appeal in time,they don't know tribunal sent my determination letter to my old solicitor's address.To rectify those issue what is the procedure to let Home Office know that I changed my solicitor before hearing and present solicitor informed Home Office and tribunal about the changes and he represent me in the hearing(my solicitor have those evidences) and my solicitor sent the permission to appeal in time and he have proof,he have the receipt from fax machine as evidence.Before applying for ILR I have to sort out those confusion with Home Office.Pls experts tell me how can I over come from this situation ? does my solicitor intentionally doing this to spent those time,why he is not telling me then ? or those issues occur because of lack of his responsibility ?

I will highly appreciate for your help and advice

hk76in
Newly Registered

Post by hk76in » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi, thank you for your reply. I have looked at the MN1 form and unfortunately it seems it does not allow to register a child as british on the basis of one parent with ILR and one parent with FLR. Please let me know if I am wrong and guide. thanks

[quote="Na74"][quote="hk76in"]Please help, I have applied and gained my ILR on 30 march 2015 on the basis of Long residence. My family members (wife and 2 children) are still on T1 entrepreneur visa. My wife and elder child have visa till 19th of September 2015. 10 days short before they complete their 10 yeas on 29th of September 2015. Please guide if they can apply under 10 year rule within last 28 days and their application will not be refused?

Also guide for my another child who was born in the UK in may 2011- what visa shall we apply for her as she will not be completing her 10 years and she will be finishing her Entrepreneur dependant visa on 19th of Sept 2015.

Please help[/quote]

Yes you can apply 28 days before completing 10 years, 28 days is buffer period so you do not need to worry about.
About your child born in UK, you can apply for them to register as british citizen using Form MN1, just search for MN1 form and guidance, all details are available there, on how to apply, what evidence require etc. read those notes and application first.
hope it helps[/quote]

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:10 pm

gbe wrote:Hi all, can someone help with advice on my case.

I have been to FTT hearing as my Tier 1visa was refused, but I varied the ground of appeal to ILR as i came to uk in Feb 2005. The judge will send his judgement soon.

My question is if judge refer the case back to HO, can I book for same day service for my 10 yrs ILR even though, I sent my Tier1 by post and all document are with home office?
Pls can your share your case more when did you asked for variation of grounds

what did your appeal bundle focus on? your 10 years long residence or both (Tier 1 refusal plus 10 years)

Na74

Post by Na74 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:26 pm

hk76in wrote:Hi, thank you for your reply. I have looked at the MN1 form and unfortunately it seems it does not allow to register a child as british on the basis of one parent with ILR and one parent with FLR. Please let me know if I am wrong and guide. thanks

Na74 wrote:
hk76in wrote:Please help, I have applied and gained my ILR on 30 march 2015 on the basis of Long residence. My family members (wife and 2 children) are still on T1 entrepreneur visa. My wife and elder child have visa till 19th of September 2015. 10 days short before they complete their 10 yeas on 29th of September 2015. Please guide if they can apply under 10 year rule within last 28 days and their application will not be refused?

Also guide for my another child who was born in the UK in may 2011- what visa shall we apply for her as she will not be completing her 10 years and she will be finishing her Entrepreneur dependant visa on 19th of Sept 2015.

Please help
Yes you can apply 28 days before completing 10 years, 28 days is buffer period so you do not need to worry about.
About your child born in UK, you can apply for them to register as british citizen using Form MN1, just search for MN1 form and guidance, all details are available there, on how to apply, what evidence require etc. read those notes and application first.
hope it helps
Yes you are wrong
Please read
https://www.gov.uk/register-british-cit ... after-1983

Your parent has become a British citizen or settled since your birth
You can register to become a British citizen if you fulfil all of the criteria:

you were born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983
you’re under 18 when you apply
one of your parents has become a British citizen or settled in the UK since you were born

gbe
Newly Registered

Post by gbe » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:11 am

Omor4real wrote:

I have been to FTT hearing as my Tier 1visa was refused, but I varied the ground of appeal to ILR as i came to uk in Feb 2005. The judge will send his judgement soon.

My question is if judge refer the case back to HO, can I book for same day service for my 10 yrs ILR even though, I sent my Tier1 by post and all document are with home office?

what did your appeal bundle focus on? your 10 years long residence or both (Tier 1 refusal plus 10 years)

My appeal focus only on 10 years as section 120 of immigration rule allow variation of ground of appeal.
I did not focus on point base appeal

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:18 am

Gbe

You don't need to send ILR now

Just wait and relax

Once appealed allowed

Judge will guide ho to reconsider the case

You will be getting ILR within 2-3 months without paying fees

Don't complicate by sending ILR application now

Once appeal allowed means 99 percent visa done

In this case you dependents too will get visa

Can you share how appeal went in court ?

Did judge or homeoffice objected to your additional grounds ??

Dis they said you didn't had applied ILR ?

Did you sent additional grounds before or just on the day of appeal ?

Did judge said appeal allowed ?

Please shAre brother as our appeal too is near

gbe wrote:
Omor4real wrote:

My appeal focus only on 10 years as section 120 of immigration rule allow variation of ground of appeal.
I did not focus on point base appeal

amazing grace
Newly Registered

Post by amazing grace » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Dear All,

I just sent my application to Home office at 13 April 2015. I sent my application 25 days before 10 years

My status: 6.8 years student, 1.5 years PSW and 1 .6 years Tier2

My case should be quite straight forward.

Could you please add me to the Google Drive ?

Thanks so much !

jugnouk
Newly Registered

Post by jugnouk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi All,
I have received my ILR today. Thanks everyone.

I'm not on google drive, can you please update below details

-Applied: 10/03/15
-Acknowledge letter received: 17/03/15
-Biometric letter received: 27/03/15
-Biometric done: 28/03/15
-Approval received: 15/04/15
-BPR: Missed delivery on 15/04/15

I'm happy to help anyone to fill application or require any info. Thanks again! Good Luck

dial2all

Post by dial2all » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi all,
applied for my wife ILR SET (LR) ( 10 years dependant visa ),
my self British citizen.
Applied: 01/04/15
-Acknowledge email received: 14/04/15
-Biometric letter received: 15/04/15
-Biometric done: 15/04/15
-Approval received: waiting
-BPR: delivery : waiting
can any of the admin update on online SET(LR) TIMELINE PLEASE??????
Many Thanks
Din

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:57 pm

jugnouk wrote:Hi All,

I'm happy to help anyone to fill application or require any info. Thanks again! Good Luck
mate congrats....
have you received application acknowledgment email?
i guess u had a straight forward case?

dr_fish13
Newly Registered

Post by dr_fish13 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi jugnouk,
Congrats. Your detail has beed added on google drive

jugnouk
Newly Registered

Post by jugnouk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:18 pm

Darvesh wrote:

mate congrats....
have you received application acknowledgment email?
i guess u had a straight forward case?
Thanks Darvesh!
Yes i received acknowledgment email on 23rd March.
My case was straight forward no gap, 5.5 years student, 8 months psw and rest tier 1. thx

gbe
Newly Registered

Post by gbe » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Hi all. Thank you for your comments.

I vary my appeal a week before hearing day.
I sent ground of appeal variation 40 days before hearing date to court and HOPO.
Judge did not say anything after my argument on ground of appeal
The hearing lasted less than 5 min
HOPO did not attend hearing
Judge said he will get back to me.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:14 am

Thanks for reply gbe

Just wait now plus point is hopu didn't come so they will not even further appeal so just relax

Can you explain

You said you send ground of appeal 40 days before and you also saying that you varried one week before

Please guide me as me planning the same thing

How you varied appeal 1 week before

What's difference between both ?
gbe wrote:Hi all. Thank you for your comments.

I sent ground of appeal variation 40 days before hearing date to court and HOPO.

rzbca
Bangladesh

Post by rzbca » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:44 am

Hi Guys,

Anyone used long residence ILR on premium service yet? I am planning to go direct. Please share your experience.This would be really helpful. Thanks

das09
Newly Registered

Post by das09 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:23 am

Hi all

My query is that I was recently TUPE'd over to a company who have collaborated in the franchise. I would like to refer both of them companies as A and B, so that I would be able to explain my issue easily. I have currently got a Tier 2 (General) visa, and by the end of this year I am eligible to apply for my ILR on the basis of residing in the UK for a continuous period of 10 years. 

The issue is that I am currently being sponsored by company A for my work visa, and company B's HR dept. generates all of my payslips. Therefore all of my recent payslips has company B's name on the header only and not company A's name. Will this have an impact on my ILR application when I submit my payslips? If I was to get a letter from HR, what details would you recommend incorporating in the letter so that I make the HO caseworker aware of my situation? 

Your assistance in this matter is highly appreciated...

quote="rzbca"]Hi Guys,

Anyone used long residence ILR on premium service yet? I am planning to go direct. Please share your experience.This would be really helpful. Thanks[/quote]

re1thk
Newly Registered

Post by re1thk » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:42 am

Hi das09,

If you are applying for ILR on Long residence basis (10 Years) you wont even need the payslips. Just your Life in the UK and English Language Certificate.

Thanks
Revanth

gbe
Newly Registered

Post by gbe » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:43 pm

smir wrote:Thanks for reply gbe

Just wait now plus point is hopu didn't come so they will not even further appeal so just relax

Can you explain

You said you send ground of appeal 40 days before and you also saying that you varried one week before

What I meant was that.
I sent HOPO information that I was 10 years and the court too 40 days before hearing date. And boundle a week before hearing date. Do you think they may appeal against it if its against them?

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Thanks brother

The first negative thing for HO is that they didn't attended hearing

They have right to appeal

But I doubt they will use it

I guess that judge will tell HO to reconsider the case

So better wait

Judge will send u decision in 2 weeks

So your 3c is active don't worry
gbe wrote:
smir wrote:Thanks for reply gbe

Can you explain

What I meant was that.
I sent HOPO information that I was 10 years and the court too 40 days before hearing date. And boundle a week before hearing date. Do you think they may appeal against it if its against them?

Sumon2003
Newly Registered

Post by Sumon2003 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi all,
Is there any One who had interview for the ETS matter and after that what is the outcome .
Is there any one got any approval/refuse after waiting long time cause I am waiting 7 months now.

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Thanks for this information really appreciate, pls did you represent your self at the tribunal or you used a barrister. Am just curious if is something i can do myself, £800 for less than 5 min is alot.

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi sumon2003,
Actually i am waiting for my decision since last 11 months, i don't know what type of investigation is this which can't be completed in more than a year, those colleges who abused the system are still up and running, we are the only one who suffer from both sides, this investigation is taking ridiculously long i am really frustrated and stress. I might withdraw my application and go home.

Sumon2003 wrote:Hi all,
Is there any One who had interview for the ETS matter and after that what is the outcome .
Is there any one got any approval/refuse after waiting long time cause I am waiting 7 months now.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:09 pm

hammad14 wrote:Hi sumon2003,
Actually i am waiting for my decision since last 11 months, i don't know what type of investigation is this which can't be completed in more than a year, those colleges who abused the system are still up and running, we are the only one who suffer from both sides, this investigation is taking ridiculously long i am really frustrated and stress. I might withdraw my application and go home.

Sumon2003 wrote:Hi all,
Sorry to hear it's taking this long. I really do hope you'll get a good result asap.
Isn't there any phone no/ email address that you can use to check the progress given that it's taken this long :?: :!:

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:17 pm

Omor

what if HO attend your case ?

dont risk

Omor4real wrote:

Thanks for this information really appreciate, pls did you represent your self at the tribunal or you used a barrister. Am just curious if is something i can do myself, £800 for less than 5 min is alot.