ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Khan1980

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Khan1980 » Sat May 23, 2015 10:42 am

@ Khan1980
I did receive the 2nd email and yes it is stated at the end that you will be notified of the outcome of your application in writing.
I received this email on 18.05.2015 and the decision was made on 19.05.2015. I did receive the approval on 21.05.2015.

So you don't need to worry. As this was the final email from HO, and decision comes in writing along documents. Therefore, they let you know that you will be notified by writing. I hope you are not far now, probably in next or following week you will get your decision. Good Luck[/quote]

Thanks Springfield...

Thanks for confirming and hopefully I will have some good news next week Inshahallh. Another Bank Holiday making my wait bit more longer I guess. Have you provided HO Pre Paid Signed Envelope for document return????

Vik22
Newly Registered

Post by Vik22 » Sat May 23, 2015 4:45 pm

Hello, I would really appreciate if someone could please help me and give me some advise.

I have a court case pending which is on 30/06/2015, I have completed 10 years residency in March 2015 and have sent my application for long term residency under 10 years.

I have received a letter from the home office today which states the following:

Letter from Home office:

I write regarding the completed application from you have submitted for consideration to the Home office on 26/03/2015 for leave to remain on the basis of 10 yr long residence.
you already have an outstanding appeal against the secretary of state's decision to refuse your application for leave to remain as a Outside the rules Comp. Grounds - LTR(E). You are restricted from making a fresh application whilst your appeal is outstanding in accordance with Section 3c of the immigration Act 1971(as submitted by section 118 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002).
You may apply to the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal to have your application for leave to remain Outside the Rules Comp. Grounds - LTR (E) to be treated as a variation of your grounds of appeal. To this end, your documents have been retained on the Home Office file as they may be considered as part of your existing appeal.
A full refund of your fee for 10 yr Long Residence Application will follow.

Can someone please advise me what I should do next? I already spent a lot of money with solicitors and do not have any money left. I cannot afford to pay a solicitor. Can I go to the court on my own, if yes what documents do I need to take with me, and will they consider my year long term residency.

Thank you

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat May 23, 2015 5:46 pm

Vik22 wrote:Hello, I would really appreciate if someone could please help me and give me some advise.

I have a court case pending which is on 30/06/2015, I have completed 10 years residency in March 2015 and have sent my application for long term residency under 10 years.

Letter from Home office:

I write regarding the completed application from you have submitted for consideration to the Home office on 26/03/2015 for leave to remain on the basis of 10 yr long residence.
you already have an outstanding appeal against the secretary of state's decision to refuse your application for leave to remain as a Outside the rules Comp. Grounds - LTR(E). You are restricted from making a fresh application whilst your appeal is outstanding in accordance with Section 3c of the immigration Act 1971(as submitted by section 118 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002).
You may apply to the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal to have your application for leave to remain Outside the Rules Comp. Grounds - LTR (E) to be treated as a variation of your grounds of appeal. To this end, your documents have been retained on the Home Office file as they may be considered as part of your existing appeal.

Can someone please advise me what I should do next? I already spent a lot of money with solicitors and do not have any money left. I cannot afford to pay a solicitor. Can I go to the court on my own, if yes what documents do I need to take with me, and will they consider my year long term residency.

Thank you
Did u withdraw your appeal before putting a new application?

If not than HO is right to attach your application with your outstanding appeal.

Now wait and prepare yourself for hearing.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

UK007
Mood:

Post by UK007 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:03 pm

One of my friend told me today - 10 Years Long Residence visa category will be removed soon, apparently within couple of months !
Anyone heard anything about this ? I hope it's just rumour as after spending 9 years no one wants to hear this kind of news !

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Sat May 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Don't worry brother

It will make a plus point in front if judge that you have applied ILR

Now homeoffice will consider your ILR as additional grounds of appeal ...

I will suggest may be hard for you but better hire a good barrister who can put your points that judge consider your additional grounds

Don't worry even if appeal dismiss you can apply after it in one day service

Can you throw some light that when did you give biometric which date ?
Did they send you any email ? That it is under consideraion ????

Please throw some light so we can guide you more

Vik22 wrote:Hello, I would really appreciate if someone could please help me and give me some advise.

Letter from Home office:

Thank you

Vik22
Newly Registered

Post by Vik22 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Thank you for the information, really appreciate it, however i would not be able to afford a barister, can i go to court on my own?

I sent the application on 26/03/2015, got first email on 20/04/2015 and biometric on 26/04/2015, got second email on 18/05/2025 and received the letter on 23/05/2015

smir wrote:Don't worry brother

It will make a plus point in front if judge that you have applied ILR

Now homeoffice will consider your ILR as additional grounds of appeal ...

I will suggest may be hard for you but better hire a good barrister who can put your points that judge consider your additional grounds

Don't worry even if appeal dismiss you can apply after it in one day service

Can you throw some light that when did you give biometric which date ?
Did they send you any email ? That it is under consideraion ????

Please throw some light so we can guide you more

Letter from Home office:

Thank you

Vik22
Newly Registered

Post by Vik22 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:08 pm

Zee ali wrote:

Letter from Home office:

Thank you
Did u withdraw your appeal before putting a new application?

If not than HO is right to attach your application with your outstanding appeal.

Now wait and prepare yourself for hearing.

Thanks , i was advised not to withdraw the appeal as this would make me an overstayer

asimshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by asimshah » Sat May 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Hi Guys
I am applying for my wife ILR I am planning to go to Premium service
Any suggestion or any body can share there experience
will high appreciate your replies
Regards

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sat May 23, 2015 8:34 pm

asimshah wrote:Hi Guys
I am applying for my wife ILR I am planning to go to Premium service
Any suggestion or any body can share there experience
will high appreciate your replies
Regards
hi asimshah
I have seen a detailed discussion here on the premium service before. Try searching the terms "premium service" in the above search button on this forum and it will bring out the experiences that you need. All the best

UKres

Post by UKres » Sun May 24, 2015 7:49 am

UK007 wrote:One of my friend told me today - 10 Years Long Residence visa category will be removed soon, apparently within couple of months !
Anyone heard anything about this ? I hope it's just rumour as after spending 9 years no one wants to hear this kind of news !
How did you friend knows ? Is that infotmation from some reliable resource ? When they are planning to stop as per your friend?As far as i know i havd not heard this at all.

I remember someone was saying on this form 10 years lr is not UK law its EU rule.
I am 3 months short to my lr i have to apply in Auguest.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Right I have some queries regarding dependent visas now, wonder if this is the right thread though :roll:
(I tried to find a similar one in family members section but not sure! )

1) I've noted on this forum that there is a 18k earnings requirement for dependants
has this GOT to be earnings? won't savings suffice? :shock:

2) then how about partners not living in the UK now (but did before)?
I think its unfair to ask this earnings from every one as there are plenty people who don't work too :roll:

3) does anybody know which application form it'd be when applying from overseas please?

4) how would we know if it'd be the 5 year or 10 year rule for ILR for dependant after that?
do they initially give 5?

I know nothing like! :oops: so please share any experiences/ knowledge.
Would really appreciate any info. Thanks heaps!

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon May 25, 2015 12:32 am

sud315 wrote:Right I have some queries regarding dependent visas now, wonder if this is the right thread though :roll:
(I tried to find a similar one in family members section but not sure! )

This thread is not for u but still i answer your questions. Can moderator move this topic to flr m thread please?

1) I've noted on this forum that there is a 18k earnings requirement for dependants
has this GOT to be earnings? won't savings suffice? :shock:

Earning should be £18600

or savings should be £62500

2) then how about partners not living in the UK now (but did before)?
I think its unfair to ask this earnings from every one as there are plenty people who don't work too :roll:

Same conditions to meet £18600. People who dont work and claim banefits can't sponsor anybody from abroad.

3) does anybody know which application form it'd be when applying from overseas please?

Apply online here
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

4) how would we know if it'd be the 5 year or 10 year rule for ILR for dependant after that?
do they initially give 5?

intially 2.5 years than 2.5 years extension. ILR after 5 years

I know nothing like! :oops: so please share any experiences/ knowledge.
Would really appreciate any info. Thanks heaps!
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

sud315

Post by sud315 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Zee ali,

thanks a lot for your responses.
So sorry for posting in the wrong thread! I didn't knew which form even never mind finding the right thread!

Sorry but to clarify, you did meant savings £62500
62 is not a typo? :shock:
Sorry where did you find this please?

Thank you

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue May 26, 2015 12:07 am

@sud315

£62500 savings should be in your account for 6 months in order to meet the financial requirement

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

Point 7 cash savings page 46

Brickle
Newly Registered

Post by Brickle » Tue May 26, 2015 10:38 pm

UK007 wrote:One of my friend told me today - 10 Years Long Residence visa category will be removed soon, apparently within couple of months !

This guy has just ruined my entire day.

mlz00001
Newly Registered

Post by mlz00001 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:05 am

Hi, could anybody help me?

I am currently on T1 work permit, will be qualify for 10 years long residency in AUG. My work permit does not end until 2017. My questions are as follows and i would very greatful if any of you could help me with these questions:

1. Could I apply PR in AUG when my 10 years long residency period is qualified, though my current work permit ends in 2017. and if i don't get the settlement would i loose my work permit too?
2. " the 28 days before completing qualifying period " condition, does this counts as of the day when my first visa was valid or the date of entrance in the country.
3. has anyone tried to request your own DATA from the UK visa and Immigration office? if so how long did it take for you to get the data back?

Thank you all millions in advance !

askhan

Post by askhan » Wed May 27, 2015 9:32 am

mlz00001 wrote:Hi, could anybody help me?

I am currently on T1 work permit, will be qualify for 10 years long residency in AUG. My work permit does not end until 2017. My questions are as follows and i would very greatful if any of you could help me with these questions:

1. Could I apply PR in AUG when my 10 years long residency period is qualified, though my current work permit ends in 2017. and if i don't get the settlement would i loose my work permit too?
2. " the 28 days before completing qualifying period " condition, does this counts as of the day when my first visa was valid or the date of entrance in the country.
3. has anyone tried to request your own DATA from the UK visa and Immigration office? if so how long did it take for you to get the data back?

Hi Mate

1. The current visa will not get affected if something goes wrong technically, but for some reason they found deception then no guarantee

2. if you arrive within 90 days of EC date than 28 days count backwards from Aug 2015

3. I haven't ordered one but it will take good 15 to 20 working days.

Thanks
A
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

UKres

Post by UKres » Wed May 27, 2015 9:59 am

Hi,
Regarding to Data report i have requested mine 3 months back but haven't received yet.i sent them a reminder last month and they said they are not able to find partial or whole data and send me as soon as they will get it.

Its more than a month now since i get the letter no update since.

Thanks

askhan

Post by askhan » Wed May 27, 2015 12:13 pm

UKres wrote:Hi,
Regarding to Data report i have requested mine 3 months back but haven't received yet.i sent them a reminder last month and they said they are not able to find partial or whole data and send me as soon as they will get it.

Its more than a month now since i get the letter no update since.

Thanks
Well this is sound tricky how come they find the data on their end. Very strange,
You shouldn't have any trouble as long as you have all the passport and visa stamps from Day 1.

THanks
Ak
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Wed May 27, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi Everyone
I was in the court in my appeal hearing on the basis of 10 yrs long residency in the end of January, already 4 months gone no news from the judge, the judge told he gonna give decision in 2 wks time, everything was in my favour and it was about 15 mins long with the judge. anyone have any idea how can I expedite it?? my lawyer said we cant rush the judge. What you think??

Regards.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed May 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Brother

@Tuhin

First thing you should do is call tribunal now and check what is update on your case

As many times tribunal send decision in 1-2 week and it gets lost or it goes to wrong address

Nothing to worry to call as it dost affect your case

0300 123 1711

Also please share how your case gone in court and our appeal is coming in coming days

Did you claim your 10 years ? What judge said ?

Did you passed liuk and English test ?

What was refusal for ?

Please share so that other too can get idea

Thanks in advance

This is number
tuhin wrote:Hi Everyone
I was in the court in my appeal hearing on the basis of 10 yrs long residency in the end of January, already 4 months gone no news from the judge, the judge told he gonna give decision in 2 wks time, everything was in my favour and it was about 15 mins long with the judge. anyone have any idea how can I expedite it?? my lawyer said we cant rush the judge. What you think??

Regards.

mlz00001
Newly Registered

Post by mlz00001 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:22 pm

askhan wrote:residence applications
by askhan » Wed May 27, 2015 9:32 am

mlz00001 wrote:
Hi, could anybody help me?

Hi Mate

1. The current visa will not get affected if something goes wrong technically, but for some reason they found deception then no guarantee

2. if you arrive within 90 days of EC date than 28 days count backwards from Aug 2015

3. I haven't ordered one but it will take good 15 to 20 working days.

Thanks
A
Hi there, thank you so much for your answer, much much appriciated

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed May 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi Gurus

Please help!!!!

If a person(has spouse as tier 1 dependent) ILR is due and he has two choices for ILR. One is tier 1 general

and other is 10 year long residency.

Tier 1 is expiring first but he is not on 100% accurate points and there is also

39 days gap for completing 10 years of stay in UK.

Is is good idea to move to student visa from tier 1 general before tier 1
expiry and apply ILR on 10 years bases?

if he moves to student visa then what will happen with his spouse visa who is on tier 1 dependent.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Wed May 27, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi Gurus

Please help!!!!

If a person(has spouse as tier 1 dependent) ILR is due and he has two choices for ILR. One is tier 1 general

and other is 10 year long residency.

Tier 1 is expiring first but he is not on 100% accurate points and there is also

39 days gap for completing 10 years of stay in UK.

Is is good idea to move to student visa from tier 1 general before tier 1
expiry and apply ILR on 10 years bases?

if he moves to student visa then what will happen with his spouse visa who is on tier 1 dependent.

immee
Mood:

Post by immee » Wed May 27, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi All,

Was just doing some search on google and this forum seems to be a den for some immigration gurus...

I need some help and any advice opinion would be highly appreciated.

I am planning to apply for ILR, based on long stay (10 Yrs), started filling in the form and noticed that on a Set(LR) form Section E3 asks if you had any "Civil Judgements" aginst you or any "Civil Penalty" under the UK immigration Acts?

Now i have found out some discussions around but they are mainly about getting FPN for speeding or using phone related issues..

what i am confused at is that "I had two parking related fines (Not sure if they are called FPN ?), one back in 2008 sometime and one in 2013 probably, Although i paid them on time but i dont have any documents or details about these anymore .. I just know that the first one was issued by the Borough of Westminster and the other one from Borough of Barnet ...

Then i filed my personal tax return late this year (It was due at the end of January'15 but i submitted it at the end of Feb'15 after getting a £100 late penalty fine for not filing it on time.. was just employed through the period so never realized i should have deregistered for self employment purposes.

Dilemma is, i have got no clue about what and how to answer Question E3 and whether the above fines could be caught by the relevant immigration rules ?

guys really need your help as i am planning to go on a same day service next week so just want to be clear about things and want to disclose them properly...