ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Omor4real

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Omor4real » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Harlin wrote:
Omor4real wrote:@ Harlin
You don't pay surcharge for ILR, but dependant using FLR M will need to.

When you collected your NI can also help proof you've been in the country for long time, your first bank account.
Hi Omor4real

Thanks for your reply!

I can add my NI card with the application that's not a problem!

I have a HSBC account which I opened when I came in the country for the very first time. You think HSBC will be able to give me a letter mentioning how old my account is?

Cheers
i think your bank should be able to help you, just go there is no harm in trying. Also include that letter that support the fact they are the one making you go through this stress. i mean misplacing your passport.

nayykcaj
Newly Registered

Post by nayykcaj » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 pm

Hi

I am looking to apply for my 10 years long residence application in August.

Here's my immigration history:
2005-2012 Student Visa
2012-2015 Spouse Visa

My 10 years is complete on 06/09/2015 but my current spouse visa expire on 27/08/2015.

I believe I can apply 28 days before I complete my 10 years so I am making the application on 18/08/2015 with the Premium Services at Croydon.

I wonder if I can use the online HSBC bank statements as my bank they are just the same. I also wonder if I really need a letter from the GP. I also wonder if the location for the application matters.

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:21 am

Khan1980 wrote:
saima79 wrote:
saima79 wrote:Hi All,

I came in UK on 20 august 2005, i had Student Visa till 2009, then got PSW and after that i got Tier1 general and its extension till January 2016, My 10 years already been completed and i am due to apply now for ILR, can any body let me know what documents i needs to provide to HO along with my ILR SET LR application. I got below please do let me know if i need something else.

1. Master Degree
2.Life in UK Test Certificate
3.Passport size PICs
4.All passports

Thanks and Regards
SAM
Can any body reply me please.
Hi...
Thats all u need , Go for premium service and u will get ur ILR in couple of hours if u dont have any gap in long residence during ur visa extensions , i mean all applications were made on time and u didnt exceed the limits of days out side the country in a year or overall.
Regards
Khan
Thanks a lot to every one who replied, its a lovely forum to gather information and nice people who are there to share their experience and knowledge, but is two replies i was asked that
1.I need to attach some proof of address? is it compulsory? and they did not ask anywhere in the from but i do have my address proof, like my bank statement, driving licence, and other bills,
2.I am also advised in one of the comment did i pay tax what i showed to HO previously, before getting extension whatever tax i showed to HO i payed to HMRC but next year as business did not do well so i took it back in two years after extension, will this be a issue, and also do they ask this question even if we go for Long residency?
3.I did not have any gap between my VIsa, i did stay out side UK but i always returned before 90 days
4.My degree is from UK

once again thanks a lot to every body who replied and i hope i will get response of my above concerns
Regards
SAM

ILR10Year
Newly Registered

Post by ILR10Year » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:51 am

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone can guide me or in same situation as It has been 10 TEN months, since I applied for ILR on Long Residence basis on 30 September 2014 by Post, but Decision hasn't been taken yet until today 29 July 2015.

Details are under:

International Student - 10 Years throughout with no gap.
Application Sent - 29/09/14
Application Received - 30/09/14
Payment Taken - 02/10/14
Bio Metric - 16/10/14
Application Acknowlegement Letter Received - 23/10/14 that it is valid application and decision will be taken in 06 Months approx.
Documents Received - Waiting
Approval Date - Waiting

My Questions Please:

1. Should I Withdraw application and apply again at PEO?
2. Just carry on waiting until Febraury 2016 and Apply for Naturalisation? as UKVI hasn't contacted me since.
3. Keep waiting until UKVI take decision?
4. On 7 May 2015, it is revealed through SAR that LivSet3 ''Hold Decision until further Notice'' ... any idea?

Thank you.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:22 am

ILR10Year wrote:Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone can guide me or in same situation as It has been 10 TEN months, since I applied for ILR on Long Residence basis on 30 September 2014 by Post, but Decision hasn't been taken yet until today 29 July 2015.

Details are under:

Payment Taken - 02/10/14
Bio Metric - 16/10/14
Application Acknowlegement Letter Received - 23/10/14 that it is valid application and decision will be taken in 06 Months approx.
Approval Date - Waiting

My Questions Please:

No. They will count these 9 months as a gap. Dont even think about it.

2. Just carry on waiting until Febraury 2016 and Apply for Naturalisation? as UKVI hasn't contacted me since.

Involve your local MP. Seek his help

MP

4. On 7 May 2015, it is revealed through SAR that LivSet3 ''Hold Decision until further Notice'' ... any idea?

It means application still pending and currently ILR dept Livset3 is dealing with it.

Thank you.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Mali1212
Newly Registered

Post by Mali1212 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:47 am

Omor4real wrote:
Harlin wrote:

When you collected your NI can also help proof you've been in the country for long time, your first bank account.
Hi Omor4real

Thanks for your reply!

I have a HSBC account which I opened when I came in the country for the very first time. You think HSBC will be able to give me a letter mentioning how old my account is?

Cheers
i think your bank should be able to help you, just go there is no harm in trying. Also include that letter that support the fact they are the one making you go through this stress. i mean misplacing your passport.
Yes you can take a letter from hsbc bank and they issue a letter which will state your name address and sort code account info.

Regards

Ali

Harlin
Newly Registered

Post by Harlin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:29 am

Omor4real wrote:
Harlin wrote:

Hi Omor4real

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers
Thanks Omor4real, i spoke to HSBC last night and they will be sending a letter stating how long i have had my account with my name and address - thats sorted!

You mentioned about a covering letter stating the passport was misplaced by home office - this wont make a negative impact on my application will it? Do you think it will still be okay to use premium service if my passport was misplaced (even though i have a photo copy of my previous passport), it wont make my case 'complicated' would it?

GP letter necessary ? Any other document I am missing?

Thank you once again

Harlin
Newly Registered

Post by Harlin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:34 am

Yes you can take a letter from hsbc bank and they issue a letter which will state your name address and sort code account info.

Regards

Ali
Hi Ali,

I spoke to HSBC last night and they will be sending a letter stating how long i have had my account with my name and address - thats sorted!

You think I need any other document to add to my list?

Thank you for your advice

rajj121
Newly Registered

Post by rajj121 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:00 am

Details are under:

Payment Taken - 02/10/14
Bio Metric - 16/10/14
Approval Date - Waiting

My Questions Please:

Thank you.
Did you ever use Toiec?

ILR10Year
Newly Registered

Post by ILR10Year » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:16 am

rajj121 wrote:

Details are under:

Payment Taken - 02/10/14
Bio Metric - 16/10/14
Approval Date - Waiting

My Questions Please:

Thank you.
Did you ever use Toiec?
Yes, I appeared in TOIEC twice to get visa extension, but ILR was applied on the basis of Trinity College London - English Test. Thanks

ILR10Year
Newly Registered

Post by ILR10Year » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:19 am

rajj121 wrote:

Details are under:

Payment Taken - 02/10/14
Bio Metric - 16/10/14
Approval Date - Waiting

My Questions Please:

Thank you.
Did you ever use Toiec?
How about I do IELTS now and send UKVI-Liverpool pass certificate, just in case for the safe side, however, UKVI didn't mention the reason yet?

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:34 am

ILR10Year wrote:
rajj121 wrote:

Details are under:

Payment Taken - 02/10/14
Bio Metric - 16/10/14
Approval Date - Waiting

My Questions Please:

Thank you.
Did you ever use Toiec?
How about I do IELTS now and send UKVI-Liverpool pass certificate, just in case for the safe side, however, UKVI didn't mention the reason yet?
@rajj121 well spotted Raj.

Your application is on hold because of toeic. Toeic is still under investigation. Doesn't matter if u use other english language test for ILR. U had a history of toeic not once but twice. I still recommend u to contact your MP. if your toeic is genuine than no need to worry.

There r some other members in the same boat waiting for 8 to 9 months because of toeic
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:26 pm

Harlin wrote:

Regards

Ali
Hi Ali,

I spoke to HSBC last night and they will be sending a letter stating how long i have had my account with my name and address - thats sorted!

The document should be enough, yes you should be able to use premium service.
in regards to that letter is just to better explain what happen to your passport which i think they will want to know anyway.

cmwjasim
Newly Registered

Post by cmwjasim » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Assalamu Alaikum.

I am going to share my timeline.

Applied 18/05/2015
Bio Metric enroll 05/06/2015
Additional Doc (old and new passport, T1 bio metric card and Uni certificate) posted 16/07/2015.
Decision Date 24/07/2015
Bio Metric card received 28/07/2015
Document received 29/07/2015.

Alhamdulillah
student 5yr+2yr PSW+1yr student+2yr 3C(3D) T1 Ent, finally appeal allowed and received T1 just 10 days after the ILR application.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:41 pm

Hi, back here this time for my wife application , she already spent 10 years she came to UK 08/06/2005 she got valid visa till 15/04/2018 (DLR) she never been my dependant , she applied visa on time in all occasion in 2013 she applied flr(0) application home office refused then went for appeal later appeal allowed and she got the visa apart from this no other refusal. 6 years student ,2 years PSW,1year and 6 month -3c,3d,now she got 3 DLR. Now the question? She lost her previous passport on 2007 which she got the entry clearance we don't have the copy of it , we apply for SAR report till now we don't get any thing they deduct the fee may after that no letters of confirmation or any thing I don't know where to contact . So is it going to be the isue or they have all the record ? I am planning to apply her application by this Friday any suggestion plz from any members !!! Thanks in advance Plz note I have ILR and my 2 children's applied for MN1 application (applied 27th April still waiting for decision ) do I need to attach these evidence as wel ? Thank you .

Harlin
Newly Registered

Post by Harlin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:09 am

Omor4real wrote:
Harlin wrote:

Regards

Ali
Hi Ali,

The document should be enough, yes you should be able to use premium service.
in regards to that letter is just to better explain what happen to your passport which i think they will want to know anyway.
Thank you so much for your advice Omor4real. I will get a covering letter sorted before I go for my appointment.

Tkmaxx
Newly Registered

Post by Tkmaxx » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:37 am

CAN I APPLY UNDER THE 10 YEAR RESIDENCE RULE NOW WHILE WAITING FOR THE HO TO MAKE A NEW DECISION?

I was granted EEA family residence for 5 years. At the end, I applied for ILR which was refused with no ROA. It went to JR, Home Office agreed to reconsider it within 3 months and asked me to send more documents and withdraw the case. I complied fully. They refused it again. None of the docs I sent was considered. I appealed and got a hearing. I attended with my EEA sponsor. HO did not appear and gave no reason. The tribunal judge agreed with my counsel that the documents had not been considered which may have given rise to an unlawful decision. She decided to remit it back to the HO to make what she termed a "proper decision". Waiting now.

Khan1980

Post by Khan1980 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:46 pm

Tkmaxx wrote:CAN I APPLY UNDER THE 10 YEAR RESIDENCE RULE NOW WHILE WAITING FOR THE HO TO MAKE A NEW DECISION?

I was granted EEA family residence for 5 years. At the end, I applied for ILR which was refused with no ROA. It went to JR, Home Office agreed to reconsider it within 3 months and asked me to send more documents and withdraw the case. I complied fully. They refused it again. None of the docs I sent was considered. I appealed and got a hearing. I attended with my EEA sponsor. HO did not appear and gave no reason. The tribunal judge agreed with my counsel that the documents had not been considered which may have given rise to an unlawful decision. She decided to remit it back to the HO to make what she termed a "proper decision". Waiting now.
Hi...
As far as I can understand u applied for PR not ILR ?
Are you asking to switch to ILR application on basis of 10 Years long Residence ?
What was the reason of refusal of ur PR?
U can apply for 10 years long residence if you satisfy all the requirements.
And to cover 5 years EEA2 period legal , u will need 5 years treaty rights of ur EEA partner.
Regards
Khan

Omor4real

Post by Omor4real » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:43 pm

Dec17 wrote:Hi, back here this time for my wife application , she already spent 10 years she came to UK 08/06/2005 she got valid visa till 15/04/2018 (DLR) she never been my dependant , she applied visa on time in all occasion in 2013 she applied flr(0) application home office refused then went for appeal later appeal allowed and she got the visa apart from this no other refusal. 6 years student ,2 years PSW,1year and 6 month -3c,3d,now she got 3 DLR. Now the question? She lost her previous passport on 2007 which she got the entry clearance we don't have the copy of it , we apply for SAR report till now we don't get any thing they deduct the fee may after that no letters of confirmation or any thing I don't know where to contact . So is it going to be the isue or they have all the record ? I am planning to apply her application by this Friday any suggestion plz from any members !!! Thanks in advance Plz note I have ILR and my 2 children's applied for MN1 application (applied 27th April still waiting for decision ) do I need to attach these evidence as wel ? Thank you .
To mine opinion you don't need to attach yours and children document, as she is applying in her own right.
My main advice is to get proof of her stay from when she entered the country. For example her first bank account asked them to draft her letter, her employer, GP letter from back then, NI etc.

Then letter of how she lost the passport and if you reported it to the police, the proof need to be attach as well.

In my opinion you need to provide this proof if you don't want to give them any excuses to hold onto your wife application. Don't get me wrong they have all this information on their system, but why do they asked for proof of liuk when is right in their system when you fail or pass it, as i saw it in my SAR.

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:09 am

Omor4real wrote:
Dec17 wrote:Hi, back here this time for my wife application , she already spent 10 years she came to UK 08/06/2005 she got valid visa till 15/04/2018 (DLR) she never been my dependant , she applied visa on time in all occasion in 2013 she applied flr(0) application home office refused then went for appeal later appeal allowed and she got the visa apart from this no other refusal. 6 years student ,2 years PSW,1year and 6 month -3c,3d,now she got 3 DLR. Now the question? She lost her previous passport on 2007 which she got the entry clearance we don't have the copy of it , we apply for SAR report till now we don't get any thing they deduct the fee may after that no letters of confirmation or any thing I don't know where to contact . So is it going to be the isue or they have all the record ? I am planning to apply her application by this Friday any suggestion plz from any members !!! Thanks in advance Plz note I have ILR and my 2 children's applied for MN1 application (applied 27th April still waiting for decision ) do I need to attach these evidence as wel ? Thank you .
To mine opinion you don't need to attach yours and children document, as she is applying in her own right.
My main advice is to get proof of her stay from when she entered the country. For example her first bank account asked them to draft her letter, her employer, GP letter from back then, NI etc.

Then letter of how she lost the passport and if you reported it to the police, the proof need to be attach as well.

In my opinion you need to provide this proof if you don't want to give them any excuses to hold onto your wife application. Don't get me wrong they have all this information on their system, but why do they asked for proof of liuk when is right in their system when you fail or pass it, as i saw it in my SAR.
Thanks a lot for your kind advise , everything ready now I posting Friday ,waiting game start again .

HoneyB123
Newly Registered

Post by HoneyB123 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:28 am

Hi All

Does anyone know which applications are currently being processed by HO? I saw a post on here a while ago from someone who had called HO and they had given him the month being processed.

I called today but they would not give me any information.

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:47 pm

HoneyB123 wrote:Hi All

Does anyone know which applications are currently being processed by HO? I saw a post on here a while ago from someone who had called HO and they had given him the month being processed.

I called today but they would not give me any information.

Thanks
I did not contact the HO but judging by my research on googledoc its seems they are treating May applications in my own opinion.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

tabarik77
Newly Registered

Post by tabarik77 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:15 pm

hi,

i have applied for set(lr) my 10 years are 5 year student 2 years psw 3 years eea family member as our marriage lasted more then 3 years , and we got sperated

1 THEY ASKED FOR ADDITIONAL DOUCMENTS OF TREATY RIGHTS AND BILLS, OF WHICH WE SENT ALREADY AND WE MENTIOND THAT WE ARE NOT TOGETHER.

2 TODAY I RECEVED A LETTER FROM HOME OFFICE TO ATTEND INTERVIEW ON 21 AUGUST

WE ARE SEPRATED THEY CALLED ME FOR INTERVIEW PLZ SHARE UR KNOLEDGE AND EXPERIANCE

WHAT THE INERVIEW WILL BE ABOUT AND WHAT THEY WILL ASK ME .

THANKZ

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:01 pm

saima79 wrote:

I came in UK on 20 august 2005, i had Student Visa till 2009, then got PSW and after that i got Tier1 general and its extension till January 2016, My 10 years already been completed and i am due to apply now for ILR, can any body let me know what documents i needs to provide to HO along with my ILR SET LR application. I got below please do let me know if i need something else.

1. Master Degree
3.Passport size PICs
4.All passports

Thanks and Regards
SAM
HI Sam,

Similar case as yours. Lets have a chat and discuss what we need. I am consulting a professional soon. Would let you know.

thanks
Jay
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

lostsixeven
Newly Registered

Post by lostsixeven » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:17 pm

jimtoole wrote:
saima79 wrote:

1. Master Degree
3.Passport size PICs
4.All passports

Thanks and Regards
SAM
HI Sam,

Similar case as yours. Lets have a chat and discuss what we need. I am consulting a professional soon. Would let you know.

thanks
Jay
Hi Jay have u applied. .