ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JAWEEDSHAREEF
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by JAWEEDSHAREEF » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi Shah

congrats for getting ILR. I got a quick question i am on tier 1 enterpreniuer visa.

some questions

1) Are we allowed to have premium service.

2) What are the chances getting through application.

waiting for reply

kind regards
jaweed

JAWEEDSHAREEF
Newly Registered

Post by JAWEEDSHAREEF » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi,
Can any one let me know whether Tier 1 enterprenuer visa holder are eligible to go in ( 10yrs long residence ILR premium service ) on GOV.Uk website it says not eligible but some people in this forum wrote they had been and it is accepted.
Many Thanks
Jaweed

oni2015
Newly Registered

Post by oni2015 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:30 pm

To God be all glory. My SET LR was approved today at Liverpool PEO. The process was quick and fast. It took less than 2 hours and the staffs were polite. My immigration history was: student + Post study + Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur.
Document submitted: Life in the UK, degree certificate, previous and current passports, current PBR and two passport photographs.
No question was asked probably because my case was straight forward. Never been refused, all applications are in time and total absence from the UK was 35 days.
I was a silent reader on this forum and I must say that this forum is very helpful and useful. My advice is that make sure you include only require document and don’t include unnecessary document in your application. Simplicity is better! Good luck to those that are yet to apply or waiting for decision.

sandipthakkar
Newly Registered

Post by sandipthakkar » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:00 pm

SJ307 wrote:Time to share the good news. My ILR was approved last Friday (14/08/2015) PEO Croydon. All it took was 1hour 10minutes from entering the building to get the approval letter.

My case was straight forward (I think!) - 5 years student visa + 2 years PSW + 3 years Tier 2 General. Total 151 days out of the country. No over-stay or refusal.

The documents I submitted.
1. Passports - 2 (New + Old one with the previous visas)
2. BRP card
3. LIUK cert
4. PhD cert and Transcript
5. Letter from the employer (not essential, but I submitted as additional document)

What made my application process faster is, the onw table I created and submitted with the application form - showing immigration histroy with dates in one columns and scanned image of visa in another column. I made this table as I thought it would be easier for the case worker to see the history.

This forum has been incredibly helpful and the senior members have been always supportive. Thanks a lot guys.

I need to apply for FLR(M) for my wife and MN1 for son and daughter born here. Wife's FLR(M) appointment is on 27th August (I wanted to give enough gap for my BRP card to arrive). I asked the case worker whether my wife will requrie my BRP card for her FLR(M) appointment. He confirmed that she can apply with the approval letter. I was looking to change her appointment - it doesn't seem to be that we can change it online. I know this forum is for SET (LR) only - but my question is relevant for all PEO appointments. Please let me know if anyone have managed to change PEO appointment online or by other means.Many thanks.
HELLO BRO HOPE U DOING WELL
same hare i also get ILR on 18/8/15 and i need to apply for my wife FLR M i also need same halp if u can can u send me message or can u give me your contact no pls on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx sandip and my ID is xxxxxxxxxxxxx thnks and best luck for your wife FLR M .. Thanks

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:43 pm

HoneyB123 wrote:Hi All

I applied for ILR (SET LR) on 14/08/15 at POE in Cardiff. They could not make a decision on the day as my passport was at another office(from a previous application). I was told that it would take 3 days to get it sent over.

Has anyone else waited this long for a same day result?

Thanks
hey,

i am in the same boat as u, i was told as well that i would get the outcome in a week but its been 2 weeks, no letter from home office, i feel like i wasted my 400GBP extra :( took a risk though..
Did u get any outcome ? let know me plz

Thanks
Hassan

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:07 am

Dear All,
I varied my FLR FP application to Long residency .

Today I revived FLR FP Apllication fees returned from the home
Office.
I didn't applied, they sent automatically .
My long residency Apllication not decided yet,
What do you think ?

ILR10YEARBASIS

Post by ILR10YEARBASIS » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:32 pm

@Quickreply did you applied through solicitor. I didn't get my refund when I varied to my set lr.
after how long you received your refund ,how many days after after variation you got your refund.

quote="Quickreply"]Dear All,

Office.
What do you think ?[/quote]

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Quickreply wrote:Dear All,

Office.
What do you think ?
thats great ur got ur money back and what about ur Immigration Health Surcharge? did u get that refunded to?
kindly please post ur timeline here so we would know how long does it take to get the refund.. thanks

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:50 pm

d3thmark wrote:

Office.
What do you think ?
thats great ur got ur money back and what about ur Immigration Health Surcharge? did u get that refunded to?
kindly please post ur timeline here so we would know how long does it take to get the refund.. thanks
I apllied in July,
My SET LR application not decided yet.
Health Surcharge I didn't checked yet.

niceguy123
Newly Registered

Post by niceguy123 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:17 pm

niceguy123 wrote:Section 3.2 where says
"If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below"

Any Successful ILR if they could share what they wrote in this section?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nobody could answer above question? Any gurus

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:52 pm

Buddy you should only write if you wishing to stay in UK on the basis God forbid you have any issues in your home country like you want to go for asylum or security issue or any other threats leave it blank cuz that's what I did

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:18 am

Hi, Could any body guide please? MY son did not born in UK he is 3 years and 8 months old, and he came in UK when he was 2 years and 6 months, i got ILR, will my son apply for FLRM? if not then under which category will he apply, need urgent guidance please.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:22 pm

saima79 wrote:Hi, Could any body guide please? MY son did not born in UK he is 3 years and 8 months old, and he came in UK when he was 2 years and 6 months, i got ILR, will my son apply for FLRM? if not then under which category will he apply, need urgent guidance please.
What is child father immigration status? If he also got ILR than u can register your child as a british citien by the virtue of section 3(1) British Nationality Act.

British citizen
This page explains how a child born abroad to British or non-Brtish parents can be registered as a British citizen if it is shown to be in their best interests.

Applications for registration will be considered at our discretion under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. When deciding whether to register a child as a British citizen we will consider:

the child's connection with the United Kingdom; and
where the child's future is likely to lie; and
the parents' views; and
the parents' nationality; and
whether the child is of good character; and
the length of time the child has lived in the United Kingdom; and
any compelling circumstances such as a job offer or other opportunity which requires British citizenship.
There are no formal requirements that the child needs to meet. We will consider the individual circumstances of each application. When you make the application you should make sure you provide us with all the information you think is relevant to the child's case."
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi
Any updates about TOEIC ?

thanks

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:27 pm

Hey hammad 14 I ain't trying to shit you up or anything I knew two guys both of them had toeic they applied for extension for tier 1 general and entrepreneur both were called for interviews and then their visa were refused visa officers told them that they submitted fraudulent documents dint even get appeal rights was only given 28 days to leave the country

Xam

Post by Xam » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:48 pm

Raza.raja wrote:Hey hammad 14 I ain't trying to shit you up or anything I knew two guys both of them had toeic they applied for extension for tier 1 general and entrepreneur both were called for interviews and then their visa were refused visa officers told them that they submitted fraudulent documents dint even get appeal rights was only given 28 days to leave the country
I applied ILR ( SET M) as my Wife is British Citizen which is 11 months before. I submitted IELTS and Trinity College English certificate with ILR application . I used TOEIC and Trinity English Certificate in 2012 when I applied for Spouse Visa . My MP called to HO and they replied twice. and Every time same conversation copy and paste ( Still under process)
Any Idea ?

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:15 am

Hi Guys,

I have query Please reply...

I am appliying for ILR through PEO, just been filling my application form.
I applied for a Teir 1 General extension in August 2012, HO sent a refusal IN JAN 2013,
I appeal against the desicion and was granted Extension in August 2013,
Technically i had no LTR from Aug 2012 to aug 2013 as the application and appeal process took so long.

My question is in the application form SECTION ::D7 (Have you ever stayed in the UK beyond the end of your leave period?):: Do i have to explain in his section or they already Know or just tick NO.

Thanks in advance..

Quickreply

Post by Quickreply » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:14 am

Any good news this week of SET LR postal Applicatinon?

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:15 am

Just write a big NO

No need to explain

batley12 wrote:Hi Guys,

I applied for a Teir 1 General extension in August 2012, HO sent a refusal IN JAN 2013,
Technically i had no LTR from Aug 2012 to aug 2013 as the application and appeal process took so long.

My question is in the application form SECTION ::D7 (Have you ever stayed in the UK beyond the end of your leave period?):: Do i have to explain in his section or they already Know or just tick NO.

Thanks in advance..

batley12
Newly Registered

Post by batley12 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:36 am

smir wrote:Just write a big NO

Thanks Smir.

No need to explain

Thanks in advance..

adrianmark2k
Newly Registered

Post by adrianmark2k » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:59 am

Hi Moderators, Gurus & Friends who are on the same boat as me. Will be applying next year through the 10 year route, just need some clarification on the English Language requirement. I'm presently on the TIer 1 General visa and used my bachelors degree from back home.
My question is to prove my English skills , can I use my degree along with a Statement of Comparibility from NARIC and print out of "points based calculator " to fulfil the English Language requirement ??

Many thanks for your precious time and honest opinion.
And Good luck to all who are awaiting a decision on their applications & those like me who would be forwarding their applications in these coming days :) :)

saf84
Newly Registered

Post by saf84 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:30 pm

hi batley12

My case is exactly same as yours and i am thinking to apply through PEO.
could you please update me when you attend the PEO.

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance..

adrianmark2k
Newly Registered

Post by adrianmark2k » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:51 pm

batley12 wrote:

Thanks Smir.

No need to explain

Thanks in advance..
batley12 wrote:

Thanks Smir.

No need to explain

Thanks in advance..
3C leave
Section 118 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 added section 3C to the Immigration Act 1971 to prevent an applicant from becoming an overstayer by extending their leave while they are:
 awaiting a decision on an in-time application, or
 exercising a right of appeal against the refusal of such an application.

Both 3C and 3D leave count as existing leave to enter or remain in the UK, and therefore as lawful residence for the purpose of the 10 year long residence rule.
Provided the initial application was made in time.

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Zee ali wrote:
saima79 wrote:Hi, Could any body guide please? MY son did not born in UK he is 3 years and 8 months old, and he came in UK when he was 2 years and 6 months, i got ILR, will my son apply for FLRM? if not then under which category will he apply, need urgent guidance please.
What is child father immigration status? If he also got ILR than u can register your child as a british citien by the virtue of section 3(1) British Nationality Act.

British citizen
This page explains how a child born abroad to British or non-Brtish parents can be registered as a British citizen if it is shown to be in their best interests.

Applications for registration will be considered at our discretion under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. When deciding whether to register a child as a British citizen we will consider:

the child's connection with the United Kingdom; and
where the child's future is likely to lie; and
the parents' views; and
the parents' nationality; and
whether the child is of good character; and
the length of time the child has lived in the United Kingdom; and
any compelling circumstances such as a job offer or other opportunity which requires British citizenship.
There are no formal requirements that the child needs to meet. We will consider the individual circumstances of each application. When you make the application you should make sure you provide us with all the information you think is relevant to the child's case."
Hi Zee Ali,
Thanks a lot for reply, Child father and child both came in june 2014, Child father is going to apply now for FLRM as his previous immigration status is dependent of Tier1 general, i got ILR now that is why he needs to apply for FLRM but i am consfused what to apply for my SON, will he apply for FLRM or not?

d3thmark

Post by d3thmark » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:29 am

Quickreply wrote:
d3thmark wrote:

Office.
What do you think ?
I apllied in July,
My SET LR application not decided yet.
Health Surcharge I didn't checked yet.
hey how did u get ur refund paid by cheque or bank draft? and any update on ur case and in how many weeks u got ur refund back? i varied my application @ PEO Sheffielf on 13th Aug but no sign decision or refund :(