ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

batley12
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by batley12 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:04 am

will update you saf84, i am appliying next month
saf84 wrote:hi batley12

My case is exactly same as yours and i am thinking to apply through PEO.
could you please update me when you attend the PEO.

Thanks in advance
batley12 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have query Please reply...

I am appliying for ILR through PEO, just been filling my application form.
I applied for a Teir 1 General extension in August 2012, HO sent a refusal IN JAN 2013,
I appeal against the desicion and was granted Extension in August 2013,
Technically i had no LTR from Aug 2012 to aug 2013 as the application and appeal process took so long.

My question is in the application form SECTION ::D7 (Have you ever stayed in the UK beyond the end of your leave period?):: Do i have to explain in his section or they already Know or just tick NO.

Thanks in advance..

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:41 pm

saima79 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
saima79 wrote:Hi, Could any body guide please? MY son did not born in UK he is 3 years and 8 months old, and he came in UK when he was 2 years and 6 months, i got ILR, will my son apply for FLRM? if not then under which category will he apply, need urgent guidance please.
What is child father immigration status? If he also got ILR than u can register your child as a british citien by the virtue of section 3(1) British Nationality Act.

British citizen
This page explains how a child born abroad to British or non-Brtish parents can be registered as a British citizen if it is shown to be in their best interests.

Applications for registration will be considered at our discretion under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. When deciding whether to register a child as a British citizen we will consider:

the child's connection with the United Kingdom; and
where the child's future is likely to lie; and
the parents' views; and
the parents' nationality; and
whether the child is of good character; and
the length of time the child has lived in the United Kingdom; and
any compelling circumstances such as a job offer or other opportunity which requires British citizenship.
There are no formal requirements that the child needs to meet. We will consider the individual circumstances of each application. When you make the application you should make sure you provide us with all the information you think is relevant to the child's case."
Hi Zee Ali,
Thanks a lot for reply, Child father and child both came in june 2014, Child father is going to apply now for FLRM as his previous immigration status is dependent of Tier1 general, i got ILR now that is why he needs to apply for FLRM but i am consfused what to apply for my SON, will he apply for FLRM or not?
Zee Ali could you reply please.

saf84
Newly Registered

Post by saf84 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:02 pm

Thanks alot batley and good luck :)
batley12 wrote:will update you saf84, i am appliying next month
saf84 wrote:hi batley12

My case is exactly same as yours and i am thinking to apply through PEO.
could you please update me when you attend the PEO.

Thanks in advance
batley12 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have query Please reply...

I am appliying for ILR through PEO, just been filling my application form.
I applied for a Teir 1 General extension in August 2012, HO sent a refusal IN JAN 2013,
I appeal against the desicion and was granted Extension in August 2013,
Technically i had no LTR from Aug 2012 to aug 2013 as the application and appeal process took so long.

My question is in the application form SECTION ::D7 (Have you ever stayed in the UK beyond the end of your leave period?):: Do i have to explain in his section or they already Know or just tick NO.

Thanks in advance..

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi K4 bro,
How was your interview please let us know

thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:46 pm

saima79 wrote:
Zee ali wrote:
saima79 wrote:Hi, Could any body guide please? MY son did not born in UK he is 3 years and 8 months old, and he came in UK when he was 2 years and 6 months, i got ILR, will my son apply for FLRM? if not then under which category will he apply, need urgent guidance please.
What is child father immigration status? If he also got ILR than u can register your child as a british citien by the virtue of section 3(1) British Nationality Act.

British citizen
This page explains how a child born abroad to British or non-Brtish parents can be registered as a British citizen if it is shown to be in their best interests.

Applications for registration will be considered at our discretion under section 3(1) of the British Nationality Act 1981. When deciding whether to register a child as a British citizen we will consider:

the child's connection with the United Kingdom; and
where the child's future is likely to lie; and
the parents' views; and
the parents' nationality; and
whether the child is of good character; and
the length of time the child has lived in the United Kingdom; and
any compelling circumstances such as a job offer or other opportunity which requires British citizenship.
There are no formal requirements that the child needs to meet. We will consider the individual circumstances of each application. When you make the application you should make sure you provide us with all the information you think is relevant to the child's case."
Hi Zee Ali,
Thanks a lot for reply, Child father and child both came in june 2014, Child father is going to apply now for FLRM as his previous immigration status is dependent of Tier1 general, i got ILR now that is why he needs to apply for FLRM but i am consfused what to apply for my SON, will he apply for FLRM or not?
Yes Flr m and u need to show £22400 Financial Requirement as well.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:54 pm

once again Thanks a Lot Zee Ali,
Will my son be on FLRM for next five years or once i got british passport he can apply for British passport too? i know his father got to be on FLRM status for next five years but what about my son?

khankhan2015
Newly Registered

: 10 years long residence applications

Post by khankhan2015 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:13 pm

Now its time to share my good news with all forum members .i received my approval and brp on 2\09\2015.my decision date was 27 \08\2015you can check my timeline on google doc..
also if somebody can update my timeline on google doc as i applied on 25 \06\2015.
a very speciall thanks to zee Ali so hats off man..
best of luck to every one who is still waiting for their approval.

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:13 am

congratulations khakhan2015, could please let us know about your immigration history

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:51 am

Hi All
Finally the TOEIC saga is over, the stay on all TOEIC/ETS cases both in court and home office has been terminated, the home office have started working on all cases we all will be receiving letters for an interview or straight decision from them soon, hope we all get our approval soon, if some of you already have received any letter or approval please share with us

thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:20 am

saima79 wrote:once again Thanks a Lot Zee Ali,
Will my son be on FLRM for next five years or once i got british passport he can apply for British passport too? i know his father got to be on FLRM status for next five years but what about my son?
Your son will also stay on flrm for next 5 years as well along with your husband as he born outside uk.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: : 10 years long residence applications

Post by Zee ali » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:21 am

khankhan2015 wrote:Now its time to share my good news with all forum members .i received my approval and brp on 2\09\2015.my decision date was 27 \08\2015you can check my timeline on google doc..
also if somebody can update my timeline on google doc as i applied on 25 \06\2015.
a very speciall thanks to zee Ali so hats off man..
best of luck to every one who is still waiting for their approval.
Congrats Khan well deserve

saima79
Newly Registered

Post by saima79 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Your son will also stay on flrm for next 5 years as well along with your husband as he born outside uk.

@Zee Ali - Thanks a lot for all explanation and answering might be some stupid and silly questions, you might have a lot of passions and temperament but its all clear now, i am really thankful to you, God bless you.

Xam

Post by Xam » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:24 pm

Sumonnub2003 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:Hi
Any updates about TOEIC ?

thanks
hi every one

I received a letter for interview this week , any one here already had interview or waiting for interview please drop me a mail (spammer@yahoo.com), I need to know few things about interview. Will be great help .
When did you appled ? and What is your application category ? when You have used TOEIC certificate?

Thank you.

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:28 pm

Xam wrote:
Sumonnub2003 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:Hi
Any updates about TOEIC ?

thanks
hi every one

I received a letter for interview this week , any one here already had interview or waiting for interview please drop me a mail (spammer@yahoo.com), I need to know few things about interview. Will be great help .
When did you appled ? and What is your application category ? when You have used TOEIC certificate?

Thank you.
Hi xam,
I have applied in june last year its been 15 months my application is on hold, i used TOEIC with my ILR application, i have never used TOEIC before for any extension, my application is on hold despite sending them another english certificate, have you heard anything about yours?

thanks

Xam

Post by Xam » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi xam,
I have applied in june last year its been 15 months my application is on hold, i used TOEIC with my ILR application, i have never used TOEIC before for any extension, my application is on hold despite sending them another english certificate, have you heard anything about yours?

thanks[/quote]
No Hamad Im aitig more than 11 months. I did head aytingafterI hav done m bo metri

:(

Check your ibx please

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Xam wrote:Hi xam,

thanks
No Hamad Im aitig more than 11 months. I did head aytingafterI hav done m bo metri

:(

Check your ibx please[/quote]

hi xam
yes just got it i will speak to you later, have you tried to involve MP?

thanks

longresident85
Newly Registered

Post by longresident85 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Dear Blog Fellows,

I have been a reader of this blog for a while and once asked a question here about my ILR case. Many thanks for everyone here - a very helpful blog. Special thanks to Zee Ali and a few others who replied to the query.

My ILR have been approved at Cardiff PEO today - relief.

My Case was simple except I had a CCJ and IVA since 2010. I have been declaring this in all applications with a simple line stating what happened. No Questions asked.

The rest was straightforward Student + PSW + Student (10 Yrs).

Very polite staff at Cardiff PEO. Total time spent there was exactly 1.5hrs.

Alhamdulillah I am relieved now and pray everyone else hear good news.

Let me know if some wants to ask anything.

Kind regards

ziqbal11
Newly Registered

Post by ziqbal11 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi Hammad,

i have applied ILR as well about 9 months now. pls contact me on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:40 pm

ziqbal11 wrote:Hi Hammad,

i have applied ILR as well about 9 months now. pls contact me on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
Hi Ziqbal11 bro,
I have applied 15 months ago i will email you soon

thanks

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:43 pm

Hi Hammad14. Xam, Sumonnub2003

I had my interview yesterday it was all about toeic

the person was very polite who conducted the interview they asked

Where did you took your exam? (name of center, address)
What was the date?
How much you paid?
How did you pay? cash or card
Who recommended you?
Why you chose toeic?
How many people were there?
What was the pattern of the exam?

it was long time ago so I remembered vague details but he looked satisfied. I think they are checking your credibility, confidence as well as if you are telling the truth. Keep your answers short and sweet don't justify yourself as they are not accusing of anything or they will go suspicious. Best of luck to all of us and pray to God everything turns out in our favor.

Hammad you said it's all over where did you heard that?

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:52 pm

K4 wrote:Hi Hammad14. Xam, Sumonnub2003

What was the date?
How much you paid?
Who recommended you?
Why you chose toeic?

it was long time ago so I remembered vague details but he looked satisfied. I think they are checking your credibility, confidence as well as if you are telling the truth. Keep your answers short and sweet don't justify yourself as they are not accusing of anything or they will go suspicious. Best of luck to all of us and pray to God everything turns out in our favor.

Hi k4,
thanks for your reply, i am glad that your interview went well, was it a video chat interview or face to face, i might have one soon as the court has terminated the stay on Toeic cases both in court and home office now they are able to process the applications

thanks

K4

Post by K4 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:58 pm

hammad14 wrote:

What was the date?
How much you paid?
Who recommended you?
Why you chose toeic?

Hi k4,
thanks for your reply, i am glad that your interview went well, was it a video chat interview or face to face, i might have one soon as the court has terminated the stay on Toeic cases both in court and home office now they are able to process the applications

thanks
It was on a video link lasted 10 mins hope you get your visa without interview it been too long

gorangoran

Post by gorangoran » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Zee ali wrote:
what will happen if saima79 did not apply for her son for FLRM and he will be in UK for the next 1-2 years. so after that she will be British SO HE WILL BE ABLE TO APPLAY FOR ASTEZENSHIP.
I AM RIGHT OR WORNG PLEASE CLARIFY?
GORAN

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:39 pm

K4 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:

What was the date?
How much you paid?
Who recommended you?
Why you chose toeic?

Hi k4,

thanks
It was on a video link lasted 10 mins hope you get your visa without interview it been too long
Hi k4
thanks bro i hope too its been frustrating 15 months

Xam

Post by Xam » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:10 pm

K4 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:

What was the date?
How much you paid?
Who recommended you?
Why you chose toeic?

Hey K4, How are you mate? Its been a very long time we didn't speak . IN SHAA ALLAH you will get visa shortly.
I am still waiting . It is 11 months has been past :( I applied SET(M) I used Toeic in 2012 with spouse visa. With ILR I used IELTS and Trinity B1 . Please keep us update . Thank you again for share your experience . It would be great if you give your time line of application so that we can assume about our application. Thank you