ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MrKmas508
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by MrKmas508 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:51 pm

May I ask which country did you and your family originally come from?

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:59 am

I'm from UK

Cody
Newly Registered

Post by Cody » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:34 am

Dear Friends:
With the Grace of Almighty Allah I got my ILR today.I would like to thank all the members for helping me out for my ILR.My SET LR timeline is as followed:

Application Sent - 30/07/15
Application Received - 01/08/15
Application Acknowledgement and Biometric letter: 28/09/2015
Bio Metric done- 29/09/15
2nd Acknowledgement Letter - 23/10/2015
Approval Date - 27/10/15
Biometric Card Received:29/10/15.

Plz remember me in your prayers and wish u all the best.

aries_u2
Newly Registered

ILR and traffic conviction

Post by aries_u2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:14 am

hi everyone,

I am due to apply for 10 years long residence(premium service). I have 3 county court judgements (Nov2012,Nov2013,April2015) and a court conviction for driving without insurance in Nov 2011.
The point are off the licence now.

I am wondering how bad these judgements will effect my application. What is best way to deal with it.
I will representing myself in premium service without any solicitor.

Uranium235
Newly Registered

Post by Uranium235 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:47 pm

Cody wrote:Dear Friends:
With the Grace of Almighty Allah I got my ILR today.I would like to thank all the members for helping me out for my ILR.My SET LR timeline is as followed:

Application Sent - 30/07/15
Application Received - 01/08/15
Application Acknowledgement and Biometric letter: 28/09/2015
Bio Metric done- 29/09/15
2nd Acknowledgement Letter - 23/10/2015
Approval Date - 27/10/15
Biometric Card Received:29/10/15.

Plz remember me in your prayers and wish u all the best.

Cody- Congratulations , was any appeal involved in your case . Thx

saad saddal
Newly Registered

Post by saad saddal » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:08 pm

Ilr 10 year route:
appeal allowed 2 month ago and just now I received a letter that post-decision casework unit in Sheffield going to implement the decision.
My question is does any one know this post-decision casework unit 1 as I tried hard but could not get any information online about them.
If any one knows, please provide me their contact no and advice me how long do they take to implement the decision.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:54 pm

POST DECISION CASEWORKER UNIT
UKVI
PO-3468
SHEFFIELD
S38WA

This is the dept who deals with cases where appeal is allowed.

Dont contact them, but only when its serious.

check my posts, you will know all details as how much time it take

saad saddal wrote:Ilr 10 year route:
appeal allowed 2 month ago and just now I received a letter that post-decision casework unit in Sheffield going to implement the decision.
My question is does any one know this post-decision casework unit 1 as I tried hard but could not get any information online about them.
If any one knows, please provide me their contact no and advice me how long do they take to implement the decision.

niithasan
Newly Registered

Post by niithasan » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:35 pm

ahmed faisal wrote:
K4 wrote:
Aazarz wrote:Hi All,

=ILR 10 years long term
=Applied October 2014
=TOEIC have done & used for visa extension on November 2011
=Interview Called & given in London to TM TEAM through SKYPE in first week of September 2015
=Now waiting for HO reply since last 1 month

Plz share the interviews result if there is any.

King Regard
Hi Aazarz

Me and some other members are in the same situation I also did my interview in first week of sep no answer yet keep us posted.

I had interview on 9th september 2015 at paddington regarding Toeic test and 2 weeks later I got ILR aproval letter. now waiting for BRP. Hope you will get it soon.
Hi Faisal
what type of questions they asked you?
thanks

mind202
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mind202 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:45 am

hi,
I need help,
i am applying for naturalisation soon.i got ilr on 10 yrs basis.as home office asking for 10 years employment record i got my employment history from HMRC,which shows i have worked at multiple employments in 2005 and 2006 when i was student. that means i have worked more dan hrs.please advise me what shall i do,shall i apply for naturalsiation or wait.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:18 pm

When you were student give them the college details that you were sudying

when u got hsmp or psw

for that period give job details

keep it simple

mind202 wrote:hi,
I need help,
i am applying for naturalisation soon.i got ilr on 10 yrs basis.as home office asking for 10 years employment record i got my employment history from HMRC,which shows i have worked at multiple employments in 2005 and 2006 when i was student. that means i have worked more dan hrs.please advise me what shall i do,shall i apply for naturalsiation or wait.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:29 pm

I need help,
If you have worked more than the hours your were permitted to work as a student, you will have a problem. Some members on the forum who applied for citizenship with the same issued have been refused and lost their fees.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aazarz
Newly Registered

Post by Aazarz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:50 pm

I need help,
Dear Mind202,

Six months before there wasn't ten years work history column in naturalization application form they just added it recently & if they added this column now so there must be some reason for that If you give them just your study record even you also have done work for that period & if they check your work history from HMRC as well so it will call deception & in naturalization cases there is no right of appeal they will allow
you just Administrative review which will most likely also be refused.

Dear i think as you already got 10 years ILR so in my opinion you should take a good profesional advice to solve this issue.

KInd Regard

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:57 pm

I need help,
See this link below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 96636.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:14 pm

I need help,
Hi mate, this is the first time I have come across something like this. After your ILR, when you applied for Naturalization the HO has asked for you 10 year work history. Did they give you a reason for this request/demand. Why is it now that they need to see it as you do not have to prove anything to them at this stage. I would say consult a Lawyer and do not disclose any information to them until a good lawyer/barrister okays it.

Regards,
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:46 pm

jimtoole wrote:Hi mate, this is the first time I have come across something like this. After your ILR, when you applied for Naturalization the HO has asked for you 10 year work history. Did they give you a reason for this request/demand. Why is it now that they need to see it as you do not have to prove anything to them at this stage. I would say consult a Lawyer and do not disclose any information to them until a good lawyer/barrister okays it.

Regards,
Please do familiarise yourself with the current form AN. Providing 10 years employment history is now an addition in the new form since May 2015 and has to be completed by all applicants.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saad saddal
Newly Registered

Post by saad saddal » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:59 pm

smir wrote:POST DECISION CASEWORKER UNIT
UKVI
PO-3468
SHEFFIELD
S38WA

Could you please provide me the link of your post as I could not find it

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:13 pm

saad saddal wrote:
smir wrote:check my posts, you will know all details as how much time it take
Could you please provide me the link of your post as I could not find it

Many thanks
Link to all Smir Posts (Click) as not sure which post/thread he is referring to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saad saddal
Newly Registered

Post by saad saddal » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:13 am

Ilr 10 year route:

saad saddal
Newly Registered

Post by saad saddal » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:15 am

Could you please be more specific about the time taken for the decision
Many thanks
UKVI
PO-3468
SHEFFIELD
S38WA

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:02 am

Just relax and wait

Keep eye on post

Also give your history so we can give you ideas

Share your history and timelines

Any dependent why refused all
saad saddal wrote:Could you please be more specific about the time taken for the decision
Many thanks
UKVI
PO-3468
SHEFFIELD
S38WA

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:39 pm

saad saddal wrote:Could you please be more specific about the time taken for the decision
Many thanks
I know someone whose appeal was allowed but HO took about 3-4 months to issue visa which is normal. However I have heard cases where HO took over 6 months for doing the same.

Regards

sweech02
Newly Registered

Post by sweech02 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:46 pm

If some member or any member can help me please

My wife came to UK on Feb 2009 on Student dependent Visas. I have completed my Master Degree from the University of Manchestr and applied for PSW visas (I am Main applicant and my wife is PSW Dependent).Me and my wife granted PSW visas until June 2012.

After 1 Year we both applied for Tier 1 General Visas ( Again I am Main applicant and my wife is Tier 1 general dependent). On this occasion I have granted my Tier 1 Visas but my wife’s application is being rejected and UKBA refunded application fees as she forgot to sign the declaration form.

She applied for her Tier 1 Dependent visa after 7 months (on Jan 2012) and Tier 1 Dependent Visas were granted.

Dose this seven month count as overstay? Is she stayed as illegal? Or her PSW dependent visa covers that stay on not count as illegal.

Please reply.
Thanks

zen135

Post by zen135 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:30 pm

sweech02 wrote:If some member or any member can help me please

My wife came to UK on Feb 2009 on Student dependent Visas. I have completed my Master Degree from the University of Manchestr and applied for PSW visas (I am Main applicant and my wife is PSW Dependent).Me and my wife granted PSW visas until June 2012.

After 1 Year we both applied for Tier 1 General Visas ( Again I am Main applicant and my wife is Tier 1 general dependent). On this occasion I have granted my Tier 1 Visas but my wife’s application is being rejected and UKBA refunded application fees as she forgot to sign the declaration form.

She applied for her Tier 1 Dependent visa after 7 months (on Jan 2012) and Tier 1 Dependent Visas were granted.

Dose this seven month count as overstay? Is she stayed as illegal? Or her PSW dependent visa covers that stay on not count as illegal.

Please reply.
Thanks
No, it won't be regarded as overstaying, as she was covered under her PSW dependant visa during that 7 month period.

TeWaio
Newly Registered

Post by TeWaio » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:58 pm

TeWaio wrote:Hi everyone,

I have followed this board for a while and appreciate all the knowledge that is shared.

My situation:

Arrived UK 29-09-05.

4 years on Tier 4, followed by 2 years on Tier 2 (general), followed by 3 years on Tier 4 again, followed by Tier 2 (general) I currently hold.

Meet all requirements for 10-year ILR (schedule of absences < 540 days, no convictions, no breaks in leave etc.) therefore eligible to apply for 10-year ILR on 01-09-15 (Home Office accepts applications 28 days early).

Have recently learned I am being made redundant by my Tier 2 employer effective 29-05-15. Therefore leave will be curtailed to 28-07-15 (termination date + 60 days), or, as I understand happens in practice, a extra week or so to account for the time it takes my employer to notify the Home Office and the Home Office to curtail my leave.

Therefore, I will probably have my leave to remain curtailed to a date sometime in early-mid August, which is a matter of weeks before I am eligible to apply for 10-year ILR.

There seems to be a 28-day 'grace' period that happens immediately after a leave curtailment date passes, whereby the Home Office can accept visa applications, and if said applications are successful do not count this as "breaking" ILR eligibility. My question is this: Were I not able to find another Tier 2 job in time, and were I to overstay beyond my likely early-mid August leave curtailment date and then submit my 10-year ILR application on 01-09-15, would that application be automatically refused, or would it stand a chance of being accepted (being within the 28-day grace period) if I otherwise met every possible requirement?

Thanks for reading. In a pretty tough situation here so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes,
TW
Just to update everyone on my situation. The letter of curtailment never arrived from the Home Office after my gardening leave at my previous employer ended, which I was surprised about. That said, I found another job and completed a successful in-person application for a new Tier 2 work visa on August 28th, so even if my leave to remain had been strictly curtailed to the 2 month guidelines I would have been one day inside this.

I became eligible to apply for ILR via the 10 year route from September 1st, and did so via a premium service appointment in October. At the PSC, there was a problem with my schedule of absences in that the information I had provided to my solicitor showed 614 days absent, but the solicitor had added up the pages wrong (!) and had the total down as 350 days. Neither they nor I checked, and the first time I realised was sitting with the case worker, which was a bit of a shock.

Rather than reject my application outright, the Home Office kept it open for a few weeks as some of my absences were for business trips that were unavoidable through work. I spent the next few weeks collecting various original letters from my previous employers to verify work trips (both dates and that they were unavoidable in nature).

My absences minus my work trips came to 536 days over 10 years, just four days inside the limit. I have just found out this afternoon the the Home Office have accepted this, and granted me ILR, which is a huge relief.

Many thanks to the contributors on this board, and good luck to all with their applications.

ee10
Newly Registered

Post by ee10 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:31 am

Hi.

I had a question regarding the eligibility for the 10 years long residence application. I am a Turkish citizen and I have taken GCSEs and A-levels in the UK (within 3 years). I am currently in my second year of studies for a masters degree (will be 4 years when I graduate). I am also planning to undertake a PhD in the UK after I graduate (should be 3-4 years). Assuming I have stayed in the UK for the required amount of days, will I be eligible to apply for an ILR after I complete my PhD?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!