ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xyz786
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by xyz786 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:49 am

Hi
I am in need of some help. My husband has been called for a second interview at Liverpool regarding his English language test. Can anyone tell me what they can possibly ask 2nd time round??
We applied using the premium service 24th November 2014 and this is still ongoing a year later.
It's a set m ilr application
Thanks

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:06 am

You are lucky that you were called for interview

one of my friend..

he applied at PEO.. he had previously given TOIEC..

in 2012 he was even granted visa on that test..

he applied ILR.. but claimed english language through his UK degree..

still Home Office refused him that you have previous TOIEC history.. still they have given him right of appeal..

so try to smash the interview..

xyz786 wrote:Hi
I am in need of some help. My husband has been called for a second interview at Liverpool regarding his English language test. Can anyone tell me what they can possibly ask 2nd time round??
We applied using the premium service 24th November 2014 and this is still ongoing a year later.
It's a set m ilr application
Thanks

xyz786
Newly Registered

Post by xyz786 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:24 am

Thanks smir for your reply.
The issue is he's already been once - they've already asked him all about his B1 and Life In The UK Test which he answered
This time we requested an interpreter but they've said he cannot have one as he has passed the English level so should be able to answer the questions..they must have some doubt on his English ability and want it checked AGAIN. The level of English in B1 is very simple.
What could they ask now?

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:30 pm

Well if he has passed B1 then he or she should be able to communicate with HO

if you use interpreter

then your b1 test comes under scanner

prepare him to communicate
xyz786 wrote:Thanks smir for your reply.
The issue is he's already been once - they've already asked him all about his B1 and Life In The UK Test which he answered
This time we requested an interpreter but they've said he cannot have one as he has passed the English level so should be able to answer the questions..they must have some doubt on his English ability and want it checked AGAIN. The level of English in B1 is very simple.
What could they ask now?

nigahban
Newly Registered

Post by nigahban » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi All would you please kindly confirm on same day service at Sheffield did they ask you any question about your current status in UK.

The reason to ask you is that right now i'm on Entrepreneur visa i'm planning to use premium service on the 10 year long residence basis at Sheffield in Jan 2016, i just wanted to know do i have to prepare myself to defend any questions related to my current Entrepreneur visa or not. Do i need to take any supporting documents related to my current visa OR they do not go in details about your current status.

Thanks and advance.

taher
Newly Registered

Post by taher » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:05 am

Spatacus wrote:
Ashblackhawk wrote:For the benefit of people here is list of documents that I had got from my solicitor when i applied for ilr via 10 years long residence route 18 months back. There is no need for too many documents but it is always in positive light to provide minimum plus extra.

A) All P60s
B) Employer letter confirming employment with dates and designation
C) Photographs
D) Last 3 months original payslips (not older than last 1 month)
E) Last 3 months Original Bank statements (not older than last 1 month)
F) All passports and Biometric residence permits
G) Home office letters (if you have any)
H) Life in the UK test
I) Any voluntary work certificate
J) Marriage certificate
K) details of absences from UK
L) Last five years of address

In theory only C,F and H are required but all other documents are just for supporting your case. Beside if you have any land registry certificate or mortgage statement add them too. Better to overdo than being sorry.

Good luck guys..
Thank you for the list above, but to be honest there is no need to provide/include most of the items on your list. This is because 10 years Long Residency Application (SET LR) only requires the following;
1) Life in the UK Test Certificate.
2) English Language Certificate (UK BSc, MSc, or PhD certificate will suffice)
3) Recent Passport Photographs
4) All your Past and Present Passports with Visas on them. + BRP if you have one
5) Completed SET LR application form.
Hope this helps new members who are looking to apply for their ILR using SET LR form

Hi
I have a UK PhD certificate is it enough as a prove my knowledge of English or I need a certificate from UK NARIC?

shasaem7050
Newly Registered

Post by shasaem7050 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi,

Not sure if i'm posting this on the right thread. but my peo appointment is in 10 days :?
I recently found out that when i switched my post study to HSMP my account who has now closed the company and ran off never checked my accounts properly and some of the tax is still outstanding, however this was bac in 2011. In 2012 before my extension on HSMP i converted my visa to spouse and have been on it since.
My spouse is British national, and we have a baby together as well.

Now, I have spoken to this new accountant, and he says he has sent the details to HMRC and is awaiting a reply from them on the outstanding amount and any fines etc. on it. He says this can take 6-8 weeks. I told him my PEO is in 10 days he says he will write a letter confirming that we are in touch with HMRC and the balance will be paid in installments in due course. Since i have been told after the ILR i still need to pay the tax because it all gets checked again before they give you the passport.

My question is, I will pay this tax, but i only have 10 days left, and since i was on spouse visa last will the tax still get checked. I was only on HSMP for less than 2 years. I left work after a year because i met my spouse and relocated. Is it still relevant.

Freaking out here!!, hope it makes sense will be waiting for replies :)

Thanks

janazaif
Newly Registered

Post by janazaif » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:31 pm

My husband applied for ilr by premium service in Sheffield on 21 Nov. As passport was already with home office, they said it will take 1 week and you will receive decision in 1week. It has been 4 weeks now and no news. We don't know what to do or where to contact. If anybody knows plese tell how we can enquire about application. I contacted there general enquiry number but they don't know any number and unable to tell about application. Plz help

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Involve local mp

Just say they told me 1 week and now 1 month passed

Say i paid premium to get result quickly

Mp will email them

janazaif wrote:My husband applied for ilr by premium service in Sheffield on 21 Nov. As passport was already with home office, they said it will take 1 week and you will receive decision in 1week. It has been 4 weeks now and no news. We don't know what to do or where to contact. If anybody knows plese tell how we can enquire about application. I contacted there general enquiry number but they don't know any number and unable to tell about application. Plz help

Hanaali
Newly Registered

Post by Hanaali » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:10 pm

@Janazaif

Hi,

Ring Sheffield on 01142071702 and enquire about the Update on your application.
It's worth mentioning that you are not getting value for the premium payment made especially as you were promised a week but it's now over 4 weeks.

If I am right and your HMRC and other documents are not too complicated, you should get a reply within 6 weeks.

I suggest that you continue to ring once weekly possibly on Wednesday around 1400 in a very polite manner.

Good luck.
Last edited by Hanaali on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hanaali
Newly Registered

Post by Hanaali » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:13 pm

@Janazaif

Hi,

Ring Sheffield on 01142071702 and enquire about the Update on your application.
It's worth mentioning that you are not getting value for the premium payment made especially as you were promised a week but it's now over 4 weeks.

If I am right and your HMRC and other documents are not too complicated, you should get a reply within 6 weeks.

I suggest that you continue to ring once weekly possibly on Wednesday around 1400 in a very polite manner.

Good luck.

janazaif
Newly Registered

Post by janazaif » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Thank you smir and hanali. Just spoke to them, they didn't receive documents yet hopefully next week as they said. Anyways thank you for the number. I'll keep updating

Hanaali
Newly Registered

Post by Hanaali » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:12 pm

@Janazaif,

Great that you managed to speak to somebody.

Hopefully, you will have good news next week by the Grace of God.

Hanaali.

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Post by freeman0410 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters ,
I got letter from HO for my 2nd interview at Liverpool regarding my ILR application . I had TOEIC history while I applied for TiER -1 . But for ILR application I submitted Pearson English test .
Now I'm wondering why they call me for 2nd interview ?
Any kind of suggestions about 2nd interview would be very helpful. If anyone in this forum faced the 2nd interview pls share your experience for help all other brothers and sisters . Next week is my interview date .
Please pray for me and I will pray for all of you as well.
Kind regards,
FM

afsarsal
Newly Registered

Post by afsarsal » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Did you apply under the 10 year rule?

Londonface
Newly Registered

Post by Londonface » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:35 am

Hello, this is my first post :)
I would really appreciate if somebody would answer if they know the answer!

I am planning to apply for ILR-Private life, 10 year route.

The problem is I don't have the whole history of my absences-from my old passport(2006-2011) and the one that I hold now(from 2011 till 2021) I have 391 days of absences.
There are more but I don't have the passport that was issued for the period of 2001-2006. I came here in August 2005, therefore it has been more than 10 years, always lawful residence, no absences of more than 6 months. As I understand, if I came in 2005 HO should have my landing cards, so they can check my absences.

Is there any way to find out how many absences I have on HO system? Is there some sort of test that I could do before applying or I just have to apply and mention this fact to them and hopefully they will check themselves?

What can be done? :?

freeman0410
Newly Registered

Post by freeman0410 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters ,
I got letter from HO for my 2nd interview at Liverpool regarding my ILR application . I had TOEIC history while I applied for TiER -1 . But for ILR application I submitted Pearson English test .
Now I'm wondering why they call me for 2nd interviewe
?
Any kind of suggestions about 2nd interview would be very helpful. If anyone in this forum faced the 2nd interview pls share your experience for help all other brothers and sisters . Next week is my interview date .
Kind regards,
FM
Yes I applied under 10 years route .

xyz786
Newly Registered

Post by xyz786 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:32 am

freeman0410 wrote:Hello Dear Brothers and Sisters ,
Now I'm wondering why they call me for 2nd interview ?
Kind regards,
FM
We are in the exact same situation - my husband is going for second interview this week, who knows what they will ask..

sumairrazik
Newly Registered

Post by sumairrazik » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:15 pm

hi guys
I APPLIED FOR ILR IN 2012 ON 10 YEARS BASIS WITH MY WIFE AND SON, I WAS REFUSED IN 2013 AND I LODGE APPEAL FTT......... APPEAL ALLOWED LAST JUNE 2015, I ASKED MY SOLICITOR TO CHASE HO... THEY SEND ME A INTERVIEW LETTER TO ATTEND AT BATTLESHIP BUILDING IN PADDINGTON.........
DOES ANYONE KNOW THAT CAN HO CALL FOR INTERVIEW AFTER APPEAL ALLOWED..... AND WHY THEY HAVE CALLED ME FOR INTERVIEW AND THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO PROVIDE MY NI NUMBER ASWELL......

THANKS

Makbrumiz
Newly Registered

Post by Makbrumiz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:55 am

Londonface wrote:Hello, this is my first post :)

The problem is I don't have the whole history of my absences-from my old passport(2006-2011) and the one that I hold now(from 2011 till 2021) I have 391 days of absences.
There are more but I don't have the passport that was issued for the period of 2001-2006. I came here in August 2005, therefore it has been more than 10 years, always lawful residence, no absences of more than 6 months. As I understand, if I came in 2005 HO should have my landing cards, so they can check my absences.

Is there any way to find out how many absences I have on HO system? Is there some sort of test that I could do before applying or I just have to apply and mention this fact to them and hopefully they will check themselves?

You can order your "SAR" file.

sodonm

Post by sodonm » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:11 pm

hi sumairrazik

How do you expect people to advise you when you haven't given us the reasons for your refusals?

sameer0778866

Post by sameer0778866 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:51 pm

sumairrazik wrote:hi guys
I APPLIED FOR ILR IN 2012 ON 10 YEARS BASIS WITH MY WIFE AND SON, I WAS REFUSED IN 2013 AND I LODGE APPEAL FTT......... APPEAL ALLOWED LAST JUNE 2015, I ASKED MY SOLICITOR TO CHASE HO... THEY SEND ME A INTERVIEW LETTER TO ATTEND AT BATTLESHIP BUILDING IN PADDINGTON.........
DOES ANYONE KNOW THAT CAN HO CALL FOR INTERVIEW AFTER APPEAL ALLOWED..... AND WHY THEY HAVE CALLED ME FOR INTERVIEW AND THEY HAVE ASKED ME TO PROVIDE MY NI NUMBER ASWELL......

THANKS
hi sumair,

why were you refused ? and why have they asked for your NI number when you would have already mentioned that in the first place when you made your initial ILR application and also if you did not i dont understand that home office has all the records for everyone then why are they asking your NI from you. Through these 10 years what tiers have you been on ?

Londonface
Newly Registered

Post by Londonface » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:04 pm

Makbrumiz wrote:

Thank you for the prompt-I read about it online to find out more..it is a long waiting time for this file :(
however, I am not clear about how they will understand when I left the UK as the passport isn't stamped when I leave the country-they only stamp it when I am back..

janazaif
Newly Registered

Post by janazaif » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:52 pm

Vi Hi everyone,
received refusal today for ilr 10 years basis. Reason is the gap of 4 months as student extension application was refused two times in 2010 due to fee problem. They sent appeal form as well and gave 14 days. Thanks everyone for help and guidance. This is best forum about immgration matters, better than any solicitor. We will appeal and hope for the best.

Badtzmaru
Newly Registered

Post by Badtzmaru » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Hi,

You came in August 2006 with a visa. Is it apply 28 days before qualifying periods? You didnt apply on August 2015?

Londonface wrote:
Makbrumiz wrote:

Thank you for the prompt-I read about it online to find out more..it is a long waiting time for this file :(
however, I am not clear about how they will understand when I left the UK as the passport isn't stamped when I leave the country-they only stamp it when I am back..