ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Survivor07 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:44 pm

freeman0410 wrote: I was struggling since 2012 when I applied for entraprenuer visa with TOEIC English test . Then refused , appeal , lower tribunal, upper tribunal , judicial review . Then flr(o) , student visa Tier-4, and finally applied for ILR in 2014 after 10years continuously staying in UK ( was always with immigration rule by applying one after another visa ) . All I can say is now I'm released from one of biggest tension .
Congrats mate - welcome to the ILR club. With all the applications you filed I think you got the full UK immigration experience ! Next time you see a UKBA official you can just flash your new card with a smug look .

On a serious note since your case meets the definition of complex one could you shed some light on approx date of application for ILR and biometrics given so that people with similar backgrounds will have some benchmark for their own cases .

Thanks & Enjoy your freedom

S

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:04 am

Congratulations on ILR, glad your tension and stress is behind you.

More like your hard work and meeting the criteria than divine intervention, though!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

sa7e
Newly Registered

Post by sa7e » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:36 am

Hello amazing bloggers. Shout out to admin or anyone who has the answer.

I came across this news that there will be a 35,000 salary requirement from April 2016 for those who wants to apply for ILR after 5 years. Does this affect 10 year ILR too and will this effect me in particular ?? I have following history:

Student 2006 - 2011
PSW 2011 - 2013
EU spouse 2013 - 2016

My 10 years completing on 25th April 2016.

Just when I thought I completed everything and all set to apply, I heard about this 35,000 criteria.

Can someone shed light on it as it should concern every one of us please.

mamabibi
Newly Registered

Post by mamabibi » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Please help! I'm also interested in the response to this post.

ichikara
Newly Registered

Post by ichikara » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Am new here. just needed an advise my application. will be applying for 10years come March 2016. Am on tier 1 general. Do i need to show tax payment with my application? Am really worried as most information on this forum tends to state that you need show tax payment?
I will also appreciate if you can advise what document i need to submit for my application and which of the PEO centre i need to apply to please?

many thanks
Agwula

smir
Member of Standing
India

Re: ILR granted

Post by smir » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:50 am

Mubrook Brother

Ca you please throw some light after refusal of permission to appeal after that within how many days you applied JR ???

One of my friend got permission to appeal refused on 17th Nov 2015

Also give your complete dates and what steps you took so that other gets help please

I have already got ILR I am just talking on other behalf :shock:
freeman0410 wrote:Alhamdullilah , with the Help of Almighty Allah I got my ILR and received my card and all papers. I was struggling since 2012 when I applied for entraprenuer visa with TOEIC English test . Then refused , appeal , lower tribunal, upper tribunal , judicial review . Then flr(o) , student visa Tier-4, and finally applied for ILR in 2014 after 10years continuously staying in UK ( was always with immigration rule by applying one after another visa ) . All I can say is now I'm released from one of biggest tension . I was only praying to Allah to overcome this obstacle . Alhamdullillah . Thanks to this immigrationboard forum - time to time I got helped from this forum by reading members experience . If anyone need any kind of information and question regarding ILR application I don't mind to share my experience here .
Allah is great. Allah bless us all.

mj007
Newly Registered

Post by mj007 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:13 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
mj007 wrote:hi am new here..can someone pls help me

my student visa expired in dec 09 and i did an intime application for visa extension
then in march 2010 visa was refused and the home off sent a letter stating that i can appeal
but instead of doing an appeal i did a fresh application within a week
visa was then approved in april 2010
now i have completed 10yrs and am going to apply for ilr
i just wanted to know if with the fresh application i made there is a gap in my continuous stay
thanks everyone.
Is there any particular reason you made a new application rather than appeal? You would be covered under section 3c if you appealed within the permitted time period and were successful. I am however not sure what your status would be considered to be, in the event of a new application being made. It would be best to wait for others to comment further.
hi..the solicitor i saw told me it would be easier and quicker to do a fresh application..thanks

mj007
Newly Registered

Post by mj007 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:48 pm

hi doea anyone know how long the home off is taking to process ilr long residence application by post
thanks..

legend786

Post by legend786 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:45 am

legend786 wrote:
vyolat wrote:Hi all,
I am new here and have read a lot of the posts but still couldn't figure out this issue I am facing.
I came to UK in 2007 on student visa, and all my visas have the valid dates overlapping except one time when I had my Post Study Working Visa sent to me, it's only valid from 8th Dec 2011, while my previous student visa valid until 31st Oct 2011, I am very sure I have posted out my application before 31st Oct 2011. Here comes the part I got frustrated:
1)From what i read online, i should not be considered as overstay (from 31st Oct - 8 Dec 2011, i was in UK the whole time waiting for my visa to be granted and biometric residency card sent to me), should i?

2)I have read a lot of posts online saying that there is this GAP of 28 days granted and section 3C leave? If this is the case, does these 38 days between 31st Oct - 8 Dec 2011 being considered as a break of my continuous stay?

3)I am pretty sure I posted out my application before 31st Oct 2011, do i need to prove it? and if i do, how can I requested the case raised date from the home office?

I know requirements may change by the time it reach 2017, but I wanted to understand these before I make any decisions on extending my working Visa or not. Thank you in advance for helping :)

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:34 am

For 10 year ILR, sounds fine. If you made the new application in-time or within 28 days, doesn't matter when it was granted.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Survivor07
Newly Registered

Post by Survivor07 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:26 pm

mj007 wrote:hi doea anyone know how long the home off is taking to process ilr long residence application by post
thanks..
The current min-max range of ILR postal apps after biometrics is 3 weeks-6 months+ contingent on complexity of the case. The median range after biometrics would be between 4-7 weeks for most applicants with straighforward cases.

If the case is not straightforward ( appeals,varying an apps, HO discretion req) you add another atleast 4-7 weeks on top of above figures.

If you won an appeal at Tier 1 and the case is sent back to HO its atleast 3-4 months - 6months plus the time spent which is usually over a year at tier 1 tribunal at current hearing date.For higher tribunals its even more ! This route takes between 11.5 -12 yrs to get ILR- a fact never mentioned by solicitors !

For outliers ( exceptional cases) for instance if TOEIC was used then it is usually over a 1.5 years before the folks are hearing anything from HO.

Now you can listen to this -- Dont waste my time - Krept & Konan

sodonm

Post by sodonm » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:22 am

Hi Survivor07

It was not the same in my case I varied flr fp to set lr 15 days before completing 10 years. It took nearly 2 months for bio to arrive. My LR card and documents arrived approx after 3 weeks after registering bio. It was a pretty quick decision for me thanks.

Bambam419
Newly Registered

Post by Bambam419 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:42 pm

Please, I need a little help here. I will appreciate.

I came to the UK in Sept. 2004 on student visa. Has lived lawfully up to date. However, my wife and two kids joined me in August 2008. I have one child born in UK in 2009. On March 9th 2014, my student visa was curtailed including my dependents with 60-days remaining leave. I applied on Flr (Fp) on May 5th as my two kids had only 3 months to clock 7 years. My application was refused and I appealed, then home office withdrew their decision on the day of hearing, as I completed 10 years lawful residence before the hearing date. In Dec. 2014, the caseworker wrote me that I could vary my application to indefinite leave on 10 year long residence which I did, bearing in mind she never mentioned anything about my dependents. I did vary my leave same month on postal application.

However, sometime in March 2015, the caseworker contacted my solicitor that I need to fill separate forms for my dependents to vary their own applications without any further payments. My solicitor advised she needs to put that into writing and sent to him. He did this for legal reasons. We waited for months and no letter came in. In July 2015, I wrote them to inquire about my application which they replied in August 2015, stating my application was then in active consideration and would hear from them in due course regarding their decision. They mentioned nothing about my dependents.

In December 2015, I raised a complaint thru email which they replied this January stating I need to fill in applications and sent to them regarding my dependents. Now my querries are:

i) What is the best form to use for my dependents bearing in mind I can't meet FLR (M) due to earning. Is it flr O or fp?

ii) Am I supposed to pay the health surcharge fee for my dependents, considering this happened before the fee started and home office was meant to send a letter so we could send the forms but they didn't? Bear in mind, the caseworker originally stated I had no further payments to make

iii) If I have to pay the surcharge fee, Do you think I should withdraw my daughter's application, the one born here to save cost on the surcharge fee then apply for her registration after my indefinite leave is granted or should I vary her own application to registration by filling the registration form and paying the fee difference since no decision has been reached on our applications, then back it up with letter advising home office to withhold decision on her application until my indefinite leave is granted.

Your advice will be appreciated,thanks.

Abido
Newly Registered

Post by Abido » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:30 pm

freeman0410 wrote:Alhamdullilah , with the Help of Almighty Allah I got my ILR and received my card and all papers. I was struggling since 2012 when I applied for entraprenuer visa with TOEIC English test . Then refused , appeal , lower tribunal, upper tribunal , judicial review . Then flr(o) , student visa Tier-4, and finally applied for ILR in 2014 after 10years continuously staying in UK ( was always with immigration rule by applying one after another visa ) . All I can say is now I'm released from one of biggest tension . I was only praying to Allah to overcome this obstacle . Alhamdullillah . Thanks to this immigrationboard forum - time to time I got helped from this forum by reading members experience . If anyone need any kind of information and question regarding ILR application I don't mind to share my experience here .
Allah is great. Allah bless us all.
Hi guys ,

Need your help ....I applied for ILR based on 10 years stay on the 12/01/16 -premium service .After 3 hours of waiting - I was given a letter that my application is valid but they need to do further checks .
I started with a student visa in 2005 and everything was fine till 2009 when my psw application was refused .So 2009 visa state was as follow :

1.13/02/2009- PSW was Refused and was given right to appeal

2.26/02/2009- Submitted a valid appeal – Extant Leave pursuant to Section 3C of the Immigration act 1971

3.13/07/2009-Appeal (Application for reconsideration ) was refused - Extant Leave pursuant to Section 3C of the Immigration act 1971

4.14/07/2009- Made a fresh Tier 1 PSW Extant Leave pursuant to Section 3C of the Immigration act 1971

5. 25/07/09- Got receipt from Home office confirming that they received my pbs application.

6. 17/07/2009 – Applied for an order that the AIT reconsider its decision on an appeal under s.82*/83* of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002, following the tribunal’s decision not to order reconsideration. Extant Leave pursuant to Section 3C of the Immigration act 1971

7.24/08/2009- Tier 1 PSW was awarded

8 .28/08/2009- Withdrew Application for an order that the AIT reconsider its decision on an appeal under s.82*/83* of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002, following the tribunal’s decision not to order reconsideration

As it is I am concerned that I made a fresh application for PBS while an appeal is pending . The Psw was accepted and visa issued accordingly . Afterwards I have collected Tier 1 General Visa twice now .
I decided to go through the 10 year ilr route instead of my Tier 1 General in February 2016.
Can me making a fresh application while my appeal is still pending affect my ilr application?

arm0207
Newly Registered

Post by arm0207 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:19 am

Dear Experts,

I know this question has been asked many times and people have been successful using various routes to complete their 10 years and then getting ILR via 10 years route. I would like to know what do you consider would be best option for me in my case as below.

1st came to UK on 14th October 2006
Have been student Till Oct 2010
Had PSW Leave from Oct 2010 till Oct 2012
Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur in Oct 2012, Granted in Mar 2013
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Expiring on 26th March 2016.

Based on above details, I believe there is a gap of 5 and half months from visa expiry until the time I qualify for ILR. I would like to ask a few questions please
1) What's best option for me to cover this gap to stay covered legally
2) If I apply for ILR before the expiry of my current leave, and if I don't receive any decision by the time I qualify for 10 years route, Can I withdraw the application and book a same day appointment to get ILR quicker? Or Can I Vary the application, Will there be any fee refund in this case?
3) If I apply for ILR before expiry of my current leave and I get refusal for making an early application with a right of appeal; Would I be able to book a same day appointment as above and withdraw the appeal? Will I have to withdraw the appeal before attending the appointment for ILR or after?
4) I have my wife as my dependent on current leave (Tier 1 Entrepreneur), What would be best option to keep her legal whilst my application is pending to be decided during all this time?

I am sorry, I have written quite long questions, Hope my situation is easy to understand. and looking forward to receive your opinion.

This forum is a great source of help and expert advise for all of us.

Thanks alot for all the hardwork that you guys are doing.

aks_wk
Newly Registered

Post by aks_wk » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Yes

kashiuk1
Newly Registered

Post by kashiuk1 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Hi guys ,

Need your help ....I applied for ILR based on 10 years stay on the 12/01/16 -premium service .After 3 hours of waiting - I was given a letter that my application is valid but they need to do further checks .
I started with a student visa in 2005 and everything was fine till 2009 when my psw application was refused .So 2009 visa state was as follow :

1.13/02/2009- PSW was Refused and was given right to appeal

2.26/02/2009- Submitted a valid appeal – Extant Leave pursuant to Section 3C of the Immigration act 1971

3.13/07/2009-Appeal (Application for reconsideration ) was refused - Extant Leave pursuant to Section 3C of the Immigration act 1971

4.14/07/2009- Made a fresh Tier 1 PSW Extant Leave pursuant to Section 3C of the Immigration act 1971

5. 25/07/09- Got receipt from Home office confirming that they received my pbs application.

6. 17/07/2009 – Applied for an order that the AIT reconsider its decision on an appeal under s.82*/83* of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002, following the tribunal’s decision not to order reconsideration. Extant Leave pursuant to Section 3C of the Immigration act 1971

7.24/08/2009- Tier 1 PSW was awarded

8 .28/08/2009- Withdrew Application for an order that the AIT reconsider its decision on an appeal under s.82*/83* of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002, following the tribunal’s decision not to order reconsideration

As it is I am concerned that I made a fresh application for PBS while an appeal is pending . The Psw was accepted and visa issued accordingly . Afterwards I have collected Tier 1 General Visa twice now .
I decided to go through the 10 year ilr route instead of my Tier 1 General in February 2016.
Can me making a fresh application while my appeal is still pending affect my ilr application?[/quote]

hi
so you had tier1 in the past and if yes ,have you paid all taxes ?

Abido
Newly Registered

Post by Abido » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi Kash.. I have always been employed by companies
and my tax is deducted at the end of each month and paid to the hrmc....

arm0207
Newly Registered

Post by arm0207 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:44 pm

arm0207 wrote:Dear Experts,

I know this question has been asked many times and people have been successful using various routes to complete their 10 years and then getting ILR via 10 years route. I would like to know what do you consider would be best option for me in my case as below.

1st came to UK on 14th October 2006
Have been student Till Oct 2010
Had PSW Leave from Oct 2010 till Oct 2012
Applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur in Oct 2012, Granted in Mar 2013
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Expiring on 26th March 2016.

Based on above details, I believe there is a gap of 5 and half months from visa expiry until the time I qualify for ILR. I would like to ask a few questions please
1) What's best option for me to cover this gap to stay covered legally
2) If I apply for ILR before the expiry of my current leave, and if I don't receive any decision by the time I qualify for 10 years route, Can I withdraw the application and book a same day appointment to get ILR quicker? Or Can I Vary the application, Will there be any fee refund in this case?
3) If I apply for ILR before expiry of my current leave and I get refusal for making an early application with a right of appeal; Would I be able to book a same day appointment as above and withdraw the appeal? Will I have to withdraw the appeal before attending the appointment for ILR or after?
4) I have my wife as my dependent on current leave (Tier 1 Entrepreneur), What would be best option to keep her legal whilst my application is pending to be decided during all this time?

I am sorry, I have written quite long questions, Hope my situation is easy to understand. and looking forward to receive your opinion.

This forum is a great source of help and expert advise for all of us.

Thanks alot for all the hardwork that you guys are doing.

Any Comments pls???

imranmohammed14
Newly Registered

Post by imranmohammed14 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Hello Everyone
I have been a silent reader of this site and appreciate the information and guidance given by you all. you guys are doing an excellent job. Thanks
I was on Enterprenuer visa along with my spouse and 2 child born in India. Recently i have moved on to ILR with 10 years long residency. to cut the story short i have few questions on my dependents, please spare some time and give your valuable suggestions. Thanks in advance.

1.My wife came into this country in June 2009 and since than she is my dependent, so what are the options or only option for my wife to extend her stay.
2. What are the options for My 2 kids age 4 and age 2 both born in India.
3. If they are going on flr(m) for 5 years and i have to meet the criteria of £24800, can i use the dividents from my private limited company for the year 2013 and 2014 and pay off the HMRC the required tax now and get flr(m) stamped on the window next month.
4. or lastly if i am taking salary from my company every month and apply for flr(m) after 6 months can they still travel to India as there visa's are valid till August 2014. My family has been already booked for holiday in March 2016.

Please guys enlighten me. Thanks

eawan
Newly Registered

Post by eawan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have confusion, hope someone can clarify here,

I am going to apply ILR(LR) next month, i arrived in uk April 2006, my current visa expires in 2018, only problem is that one of my application was "out of time", my visa expired on 10-12-2010 and i submitted the application on 15-12-2010 which was succesfull and i got the visa on from 19-01-2011.

Now my question is :
Would home office consider my overstay period(gap) until the date i submitted my application (i.e 15-12-2010) or until the date i was granted the visa(i.e 19-01-2011).

I applied under 28 days grace period but someone just told me that you are over 28 days as home office consider the date on which last leave expired until the date on which decision is granted.

Plz help.. Its a big headache for me..

Thanks in advance

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:54 pm

eawan wrote:Hello Everyone,

I have confusion, hope someone can clarify here,

I am going to apply ILR(LR) next month, i arrived in uk April 2006, my current visa expires in 2018, only problem is that one of my application was "out of time", my visa expired on 10-12-2010 and i submitted the application on 15-12-2010 which was succesfull and i got the visa on from 19-01-2011.

Now my question is :
Would home office consider my overstay period(gap) until the date i submitted my application (i.e 15-12-2010) or until the date i was granted the visa(i.e 19-01-2011).

I applied under 28 days grace period but someone just told me that you are over 28 days as home office consider the date on which last leave expired until the date on which decision
is granted.

Plz help.. Its a big headache for me..

Thanks in advance
Hi

I think you should be al right as it's just five days after you applied
but wait for other valuable replies too

Jaggers

Post by Jaggers » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:16 am

Hello Everyone,

I am completing my 10 years by end of Nov this year, I was on student visa from 2006 until oct 2011 then PSW was granted until oct 2013, on time application was made for an entrepreneur visa but got refused in march 2014, successfully won the appeal under the immigration rules in April 2015 and visa was granted until april 2018, Now successfully running my business and investing accordingly.

What precautions I should keep in mind when applying on 10 year basis? I would like to go for premium service if it possible as my entrepreneur was granted after winning an appeal?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Jag

Shani1985
Newly Registered

Post by Shani1985 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:26 am

Hi , I am new here I just need information, I applied on 10 year base I went on window but they asked me to show last 5 year tax return but I did not pay my all tax on second extension that time so I withdraw my case. Now I have pay all my tax which I had claim.
I just want to know if I apply again same category , they can make any issue on it
Plz help me out in this situation thanks

sad.1

Post by sad.1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:44 pm

hi shani1985
i have attended the window yesterday croydon centre.
i have completed my 10 years this year but the problem is he has also asked me to provide the related documents from my previous grant to leave which was tier1 entrepreneur....but my concern is how did you manage to withdraw your case?
is theres any chance to withdraw the application?
i believe when you will apply again they will ask u the same thing or maybe more documents than before.
so you better consult with any solicitor.
kindly tell me how did you withdraw your application and whats the procedure?
Shani1985 wrote:Hi , I am new here I just need information, I applied on 10 year base I went on window but they asked me to show last 5 year tax return but I did not pay my all tax on second extension that time so I withdraw my case. Now I have pay all my tax which I had claim.
I just want to know if I apply again same category , they can make any issue on it
Plz help me out in this situation thanks