ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shani1985
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Shani1985 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:14 pm

My solicitor write him I need to travel back urgent
AND MY WIFE SHE CAN'T GET VISA SAME TIME AND SHE NEED TO SPEND MORE 5 YEARS IF I GO FOR TEN YEAR BASE. My visa expires in September

ritesh0884
Newly Registered

Post by ritesh0884 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi everyone
i have completed my 10 years on 29th jan and Today i have cleared the the life in uk test as well now i am thinking to go premium service and i want to apply online. but could not find the right form for 10 year long residency. i can see only the application form which need to fill out manually but can not find the online form. please let me know if anyone applied online and if you can send a link to me.

I am also looking for suggestion to go for premium service. please me recommendation.
Appreciate for your time and thank you in advance.

Shani1985
Newly Registered

Post by Shani1985 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi Retish
I suggested send by post most of window they do investigation. make sure you
Paid all tax. There is no on line form you have to print
It thanks

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:40 pm

I came in uk legally in early 2014 I am currently on human rights spouse visa. I previously married with EU spouse but I couldn't prove that my ex-wife was exercising treaty rights.

is there any strong case for me to apply PR on basis of over 10 years of residency now or I just have to wait forever.... is there any similar case example from court please?

Chazz
Newly Registered

Post by Chazz » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi All,

Hope somebody can help me urgently, i have applied for set(lr) last October 8 and still pending(straight forward case 5 student +2 psw+ 3 tier 2 gen) but still pending. my wife dependent was due expiary on 26 Jan 2016 and contacted HO and they asked me to submit a flr(m) and covering letter and i have applied before her visa expiry.

then i received a letter saying i have submitted the wrong application and i phoned them again and confirmed from them that i have submitted the right application and they raised a enquiry and ov er case worker.

but i received another letter today saying i have to send flr(fp) or flr(o) because i have not received set(lr) yet. and when i contacted them today they are saying to do what case worker suggested.

im not sure which of these flr(fp) or flr(o) applies to me..which is case worker suggested

wife was with me since 29/02/2011 as dependent(2 psw+3 tier 2general) with 2 kids born in UK

any ideas? i have to send any of these applications with in two weeks. week already gone now

thanks

Chazz

asimshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by asimshah » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Guys Need Your Help Please
I am ILR on Long Residence basis I got this Jan 2015
My son is still on my depended visa which I got when I got the entrepreneur Visa before ILR I want to apply for my Son ILR he is 13 years Old
I need your help to guide which form I should use and which documents should provide
They can ask why I waited so long to apply for Son ILR?
will highly appreciate you prompt replies
Thanks And Best regards

MyGodisable

Post by MyGodisable » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:07 am

Dear All,

For those having problems with "28 days grace" to put in a new application to the Home Office and whether such an application will be considered as "Overstayer", this new Upper Tribunal judgement delivered this year 2016 will be helpful.

The applicant in this case was successful.

The case is: The case is: The Queen on the application of Jyotika Priyesh Bhudia v Secretary of State for the Home Department http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC/2016/25.html.

This case may put an end to the issue and stress of "28 days grace" given by the Home Office.

Goodluck to everyone!

chriskv1
Member of Standing

Post by chriskv1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:33 am

Chazz wrote:ohhh..thank you for your flipping replys....i got loads of helps...from flipping experts..whats disgrace..

dont need you help i wiil find out myself as i have done for years...

this forum is useless..

thank you for not helping...
Unless you're paying someone here to help you I don't understand what you are frustrated about . Don't throw tantrums like a child .
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:55 am

chriskv1 wrote:
Chazz wrote:ohhh..thank you for your flipping replys....i got loads of helps...from flipping experts..whats disgrace..

dont need you help i wiil find out myself as i have done for years...

this forum is useless..

thank you for not helping...
Unless you're paying someone here to help you I don't understand what you are frustrated about . Don't throw tantrums like a child .
Well said chriskv1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asimshah
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by asimshah » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:58 pm

I am ILR on Long Residence basis I got this Jan 2015
My son is still on my depended visa which I got when I got the entrepreneur Visa before ILR I want to apply for my Son ILR he is 13 years Old
I need your help to guide which form I should use and which documents should provide
They can ask why I waited so long to apply for Son ILR?
will highly appreciate you prompt replies
Thanks And Best regards

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

GBforum wrote:Dear Members
Hi GBforum,

I'm in a similar suitation as you
1) How did you resolve the issue?
2) Did the premium service application work?

Please reply
Thanks

I have a quarry. I have entered UK 22/09/2005. In the meanwhile i was student, PSW visa and student again. My visa was curtailed for 60 days notice which is going to expired on 28/08/2015. I have 25 days short for 10 years long residence. I went to see a lawyer who advised to apply before 28 days of my 10 years long residence. I am in confuse as i have not completed the 10 years lawful residence. Though still 25 days less. But the solicitor advice i can legally apply 28 days before the 10 years lawful residence.

What would be the best action on this situation? Whether i will apply 28 days before 10 years long residence for ILR or should i send the ILR application form by post to cover the time or Should i apply FLR (FP) to cover my 25 days for Long residence and Vary for ILR when 10 years fully completed.

Thank you senior members for your reply and help.

Both of u can apply 28 days early.

I have a similar query, Can 1 of the Guru's shed some light on this matter kindly? Many thanks in advance[/quote][/quote]

Hi GBFORUM,
I'm in a simikar situation as you.
1) Please how did you resolve this issue?
2) Did the Premium service work?
Please reply
Thanks

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi guys,
please I have an issue, I first entered the UK on 15/05/2006, I have always renewed my visa on time, I have never been illegal and I have not left the UK since then. My current visa expires on 30/04/2016. meaning I am 15 days short of completing the full 10 years.

entered UK: 15/05/2006
CURRENT VISA expires: 30/04/2016
15 days short of 10 years

1: I'm I now eligible for the ILR long residence as my visa doesn't run until I fully complete the 10 years
2: what method is better in my scenario: Premium service or By post
3; if I'm not eligible, what could be an options

going through previous post I realised a member @GBforum was in a similar situation last year but I can't find anything post on his outcome.

can anyone please help

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:44 pm

Zee ali wrote:
Keele__28 wrote:
GBforum wrote:Dear Members

I have a quarry. I have entered UK 22/09/2005. In the meanwhile i was student, PSW visa and student again. My visa was curtailed for 60 days notice which is going to expired on 28/08/2015. I have 25 days short for 10 years long residence. I went to see a lawyer who advised to apply before 28 days of my 10 years long residence. I am in confuse as i have not completed the 10 years lawful residence. Though still 25 days less. But the solicitor advice i can legally apply 28 days before the 10 years lawful residence.

What would be the best action on this situation? Whether i will apply 28 days before 10 years long residence for ILR or should i send the ILR application form by post to cover the time or Should i apply FLR (FP) to cover my 25 days for Long residence and Vary for ILR when 10 years fully completed.

Thank you senior members for your reply and help.

Both of u can apply 28 days early.

I have a similar query, Can 1 of the Guru's shed some light on this matter kindly? Many thanks in advance
@GBforum
1: How DID your application go?
2: Did you sue same day service?

Thanks

imranz81
Newly Registered

Post by imranz81 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:56 pm

Hello all my the grace of my Allah i got ilr today. It was premium service at croydon.
Documents submit
Set lr form liuk pass certificate my degree
All passports brp card p60 last 11 month payslips.
Letter from employer.
And the photocopy of all.
It just take 3 hours.
Thanks

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:06 pm

imranz81 wrote:Hello all my the grace of my Allah i got ilr today. It was premium service at croydon.
Documents submit
Letter from employer.
It just take 3 hours.
Thanks

Congratulations......
Was your application SET(LR)?
Was it a pretty straight forward application with any complication?

Thanks

imranz81
Newly Registered

Post by imranz81 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:22 pm

Yes it was set lr and it was straightforward.
sukosukkyboie wrote:
imranz81 wrote:Hello all my the grace of my Allah i got ilr today. It was premium service at croydon.
Documents submit
Letter from employer.
It just take 3 hours.
Thanks

Congratulations......

Thanks

sukosukkyboie

Post by sukosukkyboie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:27 pm

imranz81 wrote:Yes it was set lr and it was straightforward.
sukosukkyboie wrote:
Documents submit
Letter from employer.
It just take 3 hours.
Thanks

Congratulations......

Thanks

Congrats again, happy for you. Mine is 15 days short of clocking 10years. I still dont have a clue what to do.
Entered: 15/05/2006
Current expires : 30/04/16
Do you have any advise?
Thanks

cheska88
Newly Registered

Post by cheska88 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Well in case you're applying for SET ( LR ), you're allowed to apply 28 days before your 10th anniversary, which in your case will be 17th of April onwards, so well within your existing visa :) .. Hope this helps!

Cheska

Congrats again, happy for you. Mine is 15 days short of clocking 10years. I still dont have a clue what to do.
Entered: 15/05/2006
Current expires : 30/04/16
Do you have any advise?
Thanks[/quote]

sanjib
Newly Registered

Post by sanjib » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:34 pm

HI all i came to UK 2006 as a student and my visa was finished 31st December 2009. So i send my application for student visa extension on 18 December 2009. 19th January 2010 home office sent my application as a invalid and the reason behind that my photo was not up to their criteria and they gave me 28 days time to make a new application but they send the post in a wrong address so i received it very late. which i found from the subject access request form. i received this letter 5th Feb 2010 so i had only 8 to 10 days in my hand. i called the for original bank statement they said it will take 8 to 10 working days to sent a new statement and they suggest me to go to the bank withdraw a statement from their. so i send my application with instant bank statement and they said it was not the correct one so they refused my application and did not give me any appeal right. After that i send again a fresh application and i got visa April 2010. This year i send my application for 10 years long residency and now they are saying i am here for 9 years 7 months and i have 73 days gap between 31st December 2009 to April 2010 and refuse my application. if you guys know any about that please help me with your valuable comment what i could do as a next step. Thanks

TT222009
Newly Registered

Post by TT222009 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi everyone

I am looking for advice in regards to my situation
I had a resident permit on descreationary grounds but now I made an applied for my ILR on the12th feburary 2016 (10 years route)

I recently gave birth to my son July 2015 which was before my application. I didn't add him with my application but my lawyer mentioned him in the cover letter and I sent my son's birth certificate as well. (On advice of my solicitor)

Well I just got my biometrics letter with another form asking if I have any further grounds for my application.

As you can imagine this has got me worried as my mum who did the same exact thing as me, didn't get this form with her letter.

Could this be a bad sign or is it just a procedural thing.

My solicitors can not come up with a specific reason why I was sent this form other than the HO want to inquire about the status of my son or sons father.

Any information is welcomed as I'm going slightly crazy just thinking about it. The only thing keeping me sane is looking after my son.

Thank you.

veman16
Newly Registered

Post by veman16 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:05 pm

I entered into UK 12/02/2006 I am here for 10 years now. In 2011, I am outside the UK more than 180 days (not continuously, in continuously only 100 days and this is also business purpose on my Job) for this absence I got letter from employer also.

does this effect my 10 ILR application, as of below link it saying that 180 days at a time

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

immuser
Newly Registered

Post by immuser » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:55 pm

sukosukkyboie wrote:Hi guys,
please I have an issue, I first entered the UK on 15/05/2006, I have always renewed my visa on time, I have never been illegal and I have not left the UK since then. My current visa expires on 30/04/2016. meaning I am 15 days short of completing the full 10 years.

1: I'm I now eligible for the ILR long residence as my visa doesn't run until I fully complete the 10 years

going through previous post I realised a member @GBforum was in a similar situation last year but I can't find anything post on his outcome.

can anyone please help
Hello friend i think you are eligible to apply for set lr 28 days before 15/05/2016.
ie you can apply any time after 18th April 2016. Hope this helps.

kringo77
Newly Registered

Post by kringo77 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Hi All, I have been silent observer of this forum and it helped a lot. By the grace of Allah SWT , I got my ILR " SET LR" today not more than 1:30 minutes . I was on student visa " 5 years + 2 years PSW + 3 years tier 2 " General". Document submitted was " Passports + Degree + LIUK + P60,s for last 3 years along with photocopies . My appoitment was at 8:00 am and I was the first one in the queue. Initial case registrar asked the very first question " Do you have any civil judgements or criminal convictond"? , biomatrix done , asked me to wait in cofee shop. I was just about to leave for smoking after 30 minutes when they called " Ready for collection@
In at home office at 7:50 and out with indefinate granted at 9:10

uhtred
Newly Registered

Post by uhtred » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:59 am

sukosukkyboie wrote:Hi guys,

can anyone please help

You can apply 28 days prior to completing full 10 years.Make sure you apply a week before your expiry (not a good idea to leave things at the last minute). Also, they will count your 10 years from the time, a case worker opens you file and they open your file after you have done biometrics. You will be absolutely fine with a postal application but also with the premium service.

Please refer to this; https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

and if you can write a good covering letter, covering all the grounds like;

The applicant must have

>10 years continuous lawful residence

>There are no reasons why it would be against the public interest to grant leave, taking into account the applicant’s:

strength of connections to the UK

personal history, including character, conduct,

associations and employment record

domestic circumstances

compassionate circumstances

any representations received on the person’s behalf

>The applicant must meet the knowledge of language and life requirement.

>The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal

And if you can't, then let me know and I can email you a mine free of cost; a good lawyer might charge you aroung £600 to £800 or you can just send all the documents and let them decide themselves (which I would recommend)

Best of luck :)

CathyJ16
Newly Registered

Post by CathyJ16 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:22 pm

I qualify to apply for ILR based on 10 years this coming June. My current Visa expires a few days after clocking 10 years in the UK.

However am terribly horrified of facing a refusal. My immigration history has all been fine apart from one refusal in 2014 when I applied for extension for student visa. The refusal was due insufficient maintenance fund. I appealed on time, within 10 working days. However, after having sourced enough funds, I was advised to withdraw the appeal (4 months after refusal) and submit a fresh application, there and then (same day). The subsequent application was successful.

I have been to three lawyers so far, two of them say my 10 years was broken the very day I withdraw the appeal as I should have let the appeal to run its course. However, before giving up, I decided to try a barrister, after going through my case, he says there is still hope, according to him my 10 years is still intact.

Am very confused,I don't want to spend alot on this issue and end up being heart broken by a refusal. Some have advised I keep the little savings am left with for use when I return to my home country as chances are slim with ILR but the latest barrister is adamant I will get it.

Please kindly advise, do I stand any chance? I have gone through loads of postings on this forum but I have not been lucky enough to find a case similar to mine.

Please help!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------