ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oni82

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by oni82 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am

Why would the applicant in this case provide to HO payslips that contain proof " of breaching immigration laws" ? Is a very dump move! These applications are very straight forward, there's no need to provide any payslips or working contracts (unless) you have been on Tier1 visa/s. I have the same HMRC statement too but at the moment it only shows 5 years history. I have requested a full history and let's see what is gonna contain.

I agree with you that HMRC statement is very general and does NOT contain any hours but if you have earned £12K for that year it becomes quite obvious. Please if you have any other info forward directly to me or post it in the forum so everyone can benefit. Thanks

AMJ80
Newly Registered

Post by AMJ80 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:57 pm

oni82 wrote:Why would the applicant in this case provide to HO payslips that contain proof " of breaching immigration laws" ? Is a very dump move! These applications are very straight forward, there's no need to provide any payslips or working contracts (unless) you have been on Tier1 visa/s. I have the same HMRC statement too but at the moment it only shows 5 years history. I have requested a full history and let's see what is gonna contain.

I agree with you that HMRC statement is very general and does NOT contain any hours but if you have earned £12K for that year it becomes quite obvious. Please if you have any other info forward directly to me or post it in the forum so everyone can benefit. Thanks

I think, the applicant was submitted payslips when He applied Tier 1 (General) but this time caseworker has looked his immigration history and found that he was breaching immigration laws. Caseworker has refused his application and given evidence as a previous payslips.

In my case, Home Office has contacted my employer with regards my employment but never ask about payslips or hours etc. However, my company has sent general letter e.g. employment confirmation letter. Three months have passed let see what decision will come.

oni82

Post by oni82 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:16 pm

well, is quite unclear from the document to understand but even if he would have applied for T1 still a Travelodge Hotel salary would have never been enough to succeed, so I am confused really

AMJ80
Newly Registered

Post by AMJ80 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:24 pm

oni82 wrote:well, is quite unclear from the document to understand but even if he would have applied for T1 still a Travelodge Hotel salary would have never been enough to succeed, so I am confused really
I think, he was working Starbucks (Not Travelodge). I am with you but Caseworker had used his wage slips as evidence that's y his appeal was dismissed. But now a days, Caseworkers are checking everything before making decision.

oni82

Post by oni82 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:32 pm

that is travelodge, my friend works there. whitebread grouo is travelodge

oni82

Post by oni82 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:33 pm

AMJ80 wrote:
oni82 wrote:well, is quite unclear from the document to understand but even if he would have applied for T1 still a Travelodge Hotel salary would have never been enough to succeed, so I am confused really
I think, he was working Starbucks (Not Travelodge). I am with you but Caseworker had used his wage slips as evidence that's y his appeal was dismissed. But now a days, Caseworkers are checking everything before making decision.

what is your status ?

AMJ80
Newly Registered

Post by AMJ80 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:55 pm

oni82 wrote:
AMJ80 wrote:

what is your status ?
I am on Tier 4 (General) Student. My visa will run out in September 2018.

oni82

Post by oni82 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Have u been here for almost 10 years then?

AMJ80
Newly Registered

Post by AMJ80 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:32 pm

oni82 wrote:Have u been here for almost 10 years then?

Yes, have you read my query? I have been this country since January 19, 2006. Its only period of question from 30 June 2010 to 09 May 2012. Please read my immigration status.

dominoman
Newly Registered

Post by dominoman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:22 am

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence
Application sent: 29 March 2016
Application Received: 30 March 2016
Payment deducted: 1 April 2016
Acknowledgement letter received : Not yet…

Application is all straightforward with no complicating factors (I hope). Completed all forms myself. Couldn’t find an appointment in time so did a postal application.

Has anyone applied since March and got a decision already? How long should I expect to wait?

tehzeeb
Newly Registered

Post by tehzeeb » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:41 am

Hello
i need help. my husband applied for ILR in Nov2015 but got refused on low salary criteria. (Heworks as bbiomedical engineer tech. For NHS) we did administrativereviews. again no.
luckly he is been here from last 10yrs applied again yesterday one day service got refused. be he went to home country in 2008 his vis was refused.then he came as my dependent,but to get him visa it took 4 months. home office said you should have applied in 28 days that time.
They have given right to apeal and said go to court they will give you.

Pleasetell me we will bget it? I got nearly 5yr child and expecting second one soon. life is in terrible mess.

Please suggest me what should I do now.

Thank you.

oni82

Post by oni82 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:35 am

Guys has anyone got refused ILR (recently)due to excess working during their Student period?

Please share

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:12 pm

[quote="oni82"]Guys has anyone got refused ILR (recently)due to excess working during their Student period?
Yes buddy in past recent months few of my mates have been refused for working extra hours while they were on student visas it's becoming quite norm now home office looking back at people employment records

AMJ80
Newly Registered

Post by AMJ80 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:53 pm

Raza.raja wrote:
oni82 wrote:Guys has anyone got refused ILR (recently)due to excess working during their Student period?
Yes buddy in past recent months few of my mates have been refused for working extra hours while they were on student visas it's becoming quite norm now home office looking back at people employment records
If you don't mind could you explain me how Home Office has found that your friend was working more than 20 hours. They have given any evidence. As I know, Home Office only proof if they get information from employer or found wage slips... I don't think they've got information from HMRC. If employer has given information to Home Office, definitely employer will get plenty £20,000.00. If you don't mind could you please share it if do you have further information.

oni82

Post by oni82 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Raza.raja wrote:
oni82 wrote:Guys has anyone got refused ILR (recently)due to excess working during their Student period?

Raza, how did they find out? Checked with HMRC? or Payslips, working contracts,were caught in act or banks statements? Your help is appreciated buddy

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:40 pm

[quote="oni82"][quote="AMJ80"][quote="Raza.raja"][quote="oni82"]Guys has anyone got refused ILR (recently)due to excess working during their Student period?
Yes buddy in past recent months few of my mates have been refused for working extra hours while they were on student visas it's becoming quite norm now home office looking back at people employment records[/quote

My mate spoke to Hmrc and they notified that were approached by home office asking for his tax and national insurance contributions now my mate. Worked for this firm for 8 and half years he was on student for 3 years and 7 months and then psw and tier 1 general so I assume they must have got his tax contributions for tier 1 general and as a part time worker and probably did maths cuz as a part time worker you barely pay any tax but they doing a lot now days they checking every little thing

AMJ80
Newly Registered

Post by AMJ80 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:51 pm

Mr Raza.Raja

I am not agreed, I am doing PhD and University is paying me nearly £14000 a years plus am working part time. All together 20164 for the year 2015-2016 and I have paid tax £1896 (As per HMRC Record). I know, Home Office has contacted my employer with regards my employment but didn't ask about hours etc. As wall as I spoke with HMRC with regards tax and NI contribution, and I have been told that they only have contribution record not hours etc. On that bases, I don't think Home Office will refuse visa. My understanding, If someone applied Tier 1 (General) visa and submitted pay slips. It may be, Home Office picked from old record and refused their Long Residency application. If employer has provided information to Home Office than employer will pay plenty (£20000.00). Its my understanding. I only found and read 1 case from Tribunal Website. If you don't mind, please could you tell us what evidences Home Office has provided on refusal.

Raza.raja
Newly Registered

Post by Raza.raja » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:47 pm

[quote="AMJ80"]Mr Raza.Raja

Well you don't have to agree I am just revealing what I was told by my friend and secondly not everybody doing PhD like you it has happened to at least three people I personally know and one of them made a mistake by sending emploemnt letter and pay slips when they were not even needed but other two were simply and straight cases don't know what happened to them I guess it's vary on case worker as well how long back that person wants to go back and stuff

AMJ80
Newly Registered

Post by AMJ80 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:54 pm

Dear Raza Raja,

Please don't mind. I do agree (One applicant submitted employment letter and wages slip), and smiler case I have read on upper tribunal website. May be, they were right. It was shocked and surprised when Home Office has contacted my employer with regards my employment confirmation etc. I don't know " what will be happen in my case". Please can you share information or evidences with regars other friends refusals. Thanks

pink85

Post by pink85 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:56 pm

tehzeeb wrote:Hello
i need help. my husband applied for ILR in Nov2015 but got refused on low salary criteria. (Heworks as bbiomedical engineer tech. For NHS) we did administrativereviews. again no.
luckly he is been here from last 10yrs applied again yesterday one day service got refused. be he went to home country in 2008 his vis was refused.then he came as my dependent,but to get him visa it took 4 months. home office said you should have applied in 28 days that time.

Pleasetell me we will bget it? I got nearly 5yr child and expecting second one soon. life is in terrible mess.

Thank you.
Can u explaine me in detail ab ur husband set(lr)application ..
Did he applied more than 28 day before?
When he enter the country ?
What application did he made Nov 2015 to till date?

AMJ80
Newly Registered

Post by AMJ80 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:15 pm

pink85 wrote:
tehzeeb wrote:Hello

Thank you.
Can u explaine me in detail ab ur husband set(lr)application ..
Did he applied more than 28 day before?
When he enter the country ?
What application did he made Nov 2015 to till date?
My understanding, Your husband long residence broken due to he left the UK and didn't submitted fresh application within 28 days. I would suggest you, read caseworker guide line https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

Second thing, If you have ILR and your husband has mentioned in application than caseworker should discretion exercises (if someone has relationship with British or settle person). I am sorry to tell you that you child is only five years old and home office has withdrawn their policy with regards seven year child policy. Still your husband can fight through court under Human Rights (Art-8). I think you have to discuss with solicitor..

dominoman
Newly Registered

Post by dominoman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:41 pm

Help!

Is there anything that I can do to speed up the application once it has been submitted? I sent in the application on the 29 March. Money was debited the next day but I still have not received the confirmation letter.

My work contacted them and they were told they still have not entered it into the system.

I have to travel the first week of May. Now I am getting really worried about the application.

Is there anything at all I can do to speed it up? Is there any way to contact the Ukba? Thanks.

askhans786

Post by askhans786 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:55 pm

dominoman wrote:well, is quite unclear from the document to understand but even if he would have applied for T1 still a Travelodge Hotel salary would have never been enough to succeed, so I am confused really
Hi,

There is a waiting time of 4 weeks, once they receive the application, I just called them today on 030 0123 2241 and they have mentioned until 4 weeks from the date we have sent the application they cannot check anything.

Also I guess due to Bank holiday and fees increase pre-18 March there looks to be a huge influx of application to UKBA.

I hope this helps.

I posted mine on 22nd and money was deducted 29th March yet no Biometric letter.

KR,
A

dominoman
Newly Registered

Post by dominoman » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Thanks A.

That's worrying. Yes I guess easter and the recent fees increase both are creating a backlog.

When you say 4 weeks do you mean total to get the ILR, or 4 weeks before you can ask for a status?

In my case I already have the biometric card from my last visa application two years ago so I guess I don't need to do it again?

Realistically how likely is it I will have my ILR by 1st May? Should I just cancel my trip now

askhans786

Post by askhans786 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:25 pm

dominoman wrote:Thanks A.

That's worrying. Yes I guess easter and the recent fees increase both are creating a backlog.

When you say 4 weeks do you mean total to get the ILR, or 4 weeks before you can ask for a status?

In my case I already have the biometric card from my last visa application two years ago so I guess I don't need to do it again?

Realistically how likely is it I will have my ILR by 1st May? Should I just cancel my trip now
Hi,

4 weeks from the date you post, even if you have existing biometric you will have to provide biometric again, also increasingly unlikely you will get a decision within 3 weeks even if we consider you get biometric letter this week.

I hope this answers your question.

KR,
A