ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Disclaimer: this is for guidance and not any kind of official advise.

Hi guys,

I want to share the story of my spouse's ilr - set m visa application that we made today and she got her ilr within one hour or so. Hope it will give some guidance to people in similar situation.

The situation goes as follows. My current tier 2 visa was expiring in april 2014 however since I was eligible for ilr lr in august i went for it. Got it one week before 4 months were about to finish from the day of application. Likewise my spouse had her tier 2 dependent till april 2014. I received my ilr - long residence two weeks back. My wife was with me since July 2006 first as student dependent till early 2009, then as psw dependent till early 2011 and then as tier 2 dependent. Her total time in uk = 7.5 years. She started working in uk as dependent since jan 2007 and still does. Now I decided to take a chance and go for set(m) appointment not flr(m) as I checked out that few people have got that in past while some of them recently had to change to flr(m) and then to set(m) like mr. Ganti. My solicitor also advised me to apply for flr m followed by set m after it, but I decided not to do so. I did took flr m and flr fp which I saw were present on ukba website just in case I have to go for one of those.

I took set(m) appointment online and took all the necessary documents like four documents which were in both our names from atleast three different sources including tenancy agreements spanning over last two three years or so and also six documents in my name, bank statements, utility bills - electric water and landline, usual payslips, employment letters, council tax, hmrc, dvla, nhs etc. I also took six documents which were in my spouse name (including Naric confirming degree in english) spanning for two three years too also from similar kind of sources. For case workers reference, I also put copy of immigration rules from 278-287.

So basically I reached office twenty minutes before appointment, first ticket number was issued, I had prepared full file folder containing all documents which was collected along with my wife's passports & brp and my brp with ilr and my passport too, no questions at this point, then my spouse was called for biometric after which we waited in cafeteria for one hour and then we were called at desk for document collection where we were told that my spouse has been granted ilr based on her set m application. Got the approval letter, brp will be sent in 7-10 days by post.

No questions asked in the whole process and was straightforward may be because I had nicely laid out all the documents in order and probably all that was needed was present for the case worker spanning up to three years.

Sometimes luck does work on your side. Hope it helps.

Thanks to guys here who had provided earlier references on my query on people with similar situations in the past.

Good luck to all.

masud0174

10 Years Long Residence Application Timeline

Post by masud0174 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Guys,
This is a update for my application details which are pending with UKBA:

10 Years Long Residence application Submitted: 10/10/2013
Biometric Lettter Issued: 21/11/2013
Biometric completed 27/11/2013

I have also Submitted following Application For My Wife:

FLR (M) submitted: 08/11/2013
Biometric Letter issued: 19/11/2013
Biometric Completed: 23/11/2013
Application has been returned as Invalid: 15/12/2013
Reason for Invalid: Section 4 has not been completed

Please update my details in Sky Drive

Many Thanks

MEMON78
Newly Registered

Post by MEMON78 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:28 pm

No good news for couple of days???? whats happening????? Come on HO, Come on People

raaz0800

acknowledgement letter

Post by raaz0800 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Assalamoalikum
I just want to know if anybody in the same situation. I sent my application on 20th November 2013.According to bank bank draft was cashed on 27th of November. I called home office lady said it is not logged in the system yet even she confirmed my application has been received in Durham very next day.She advised wait this week and if I don't receive anything then I need to write in home office for my acknowledgement letter.Can anyone here who could help me.
Raaz

aksi

Re: 10 Years Long Residence Application Timeline

Post by aksi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:47 am

masud0174 wrote:Hi Guys,
This is a update for my application details which are pending with UKBA:

10 Years Long Residence application Submitted: 10/10/2013
Biometric Lettter Issued: 21/11/2013
Biometric completed 27/11/2013

I have also Submitted following Application For My Wife:

FLR (M) submitted: 08/11/2013
Biometric Letter issued: 19/11/2013
Biometric Completed: 23/11/2013
Application has been returned as Invalid: 15/12/2013
Reason for Invalid: Section 4 has not been completed

Please update my details in Sky Drive

Many Thanks

aksi

Re: acknowledgement letter

Post by aksi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:52 am

raaz0800 wrote:Assalamoalikum
I just want to know if anybody in the same situation. I sent my application on 20th November 2013.According to bank bank draft was cashed on 27th of November. I called home office lady said it is not logged in the system yet even she confirmed my application has been received in Durham very next day.She advised wait this week and if I don't receive anything then I need to write in home office for my acknowledgement letter.Can anyone here who could help me.
Raaz
I applied for SET(M) never got acknowledgement letter. Emailed at customer complaints but still no response since 11Nov . Then got BRP invite so did not chased for acknowledgement letter.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:32 am

Any more good news ILR?

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:48 am

Just to add mine as I have received my BRP

Time for me to add my time lines
Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence
Application sent: 28th Aug 2013
Application Received: 29th Aug 2013
Bio Completed:16th Sep 2013
Bio Received: 20th Dec 2013, dated 18-12-2013
Documents: Passport and documents received: 21 Dec 2013

This forum has been very helpful through out all my applications and have learnt a great number of pointers :)

Thanks again everyone.
Last edited by alimohmand on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:45 am

Congrate.
Assumption---They are now working last week of October

alimohmand wrote:Just to add mine as I have received my BRP

Application sent: 28th Aug 2013
Bio Completed:16th Sep 2013
Bio Received: 20th Dec 2013, dated 18-12-2013
Documents: Still waiting for them

This forum has been very helpful through out all my applications and have learnt a great number of pointers :)

Thanks again everyone.

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:25 am

aksi wrote:
Raaz
I applied for SET(M) never got acknowledgement letter. Emailed at customer complaints but still no response since 11Nov . Then got BRP invite so did not chased for acknowledgement letter.
Thanks for your help. I should wait for biometric now.

jugal1986
Newly Registered

ILR Received

Post by jugal1986 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:29 am

All,

Glad to report I have finally got my ILR.

Please add my details to skydrive.

Application sent: 27th Aug 2013
Bio Completed:12th Sep 2013
ILR Received: 20th Dec 2013, dated 17-12-2013
Documents Received: 21st Dec 2013.

Cheers.

adrees246
Newly Registered

Post by adrees246 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:15 am

Just to add mine as I have received my BRP BUT MY NAME SPELLING ARE missing[/size]

Application sent: 16th Aug 2013
Application Received: 20th Aug 2013
Bio Completed:4th Sep 2013
Bio Received: 20th Dec 2013, dated 17-12-2013
Documents: Passport and documents received: 18 Dec 2013

I also have one ccj which was paid and mentioned in the application as well. Pl some on update on sky drive

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:21 pm

raaz0800 wrote:
aksi wrote:
Raaz
Please give me that email address in case I need to contact them .
Raaz

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Ashblackhawk wrote:Disclaimer: this is for guidance and not any kind of official advise.

Hi guys,

I want to share the story of my spouse's ilr - set m visa application that we made today and she got her ilr within one hour or so. Hope it will give some guidance to people in similar situation.

The situation goes as follows. My current tier 2 visa was expiring in april 2014 however since I was eligible for ilr lr in august i went for it. Got it one week before 4 months were about to finish from the day of application. Likewise my spouse had her tier 2 dependent till april 2014. I received my ilr - long residence two weeks back. My wife was with me since July 2006 first as student dependent till early 2009, then as psw dependent till early 2011 and then as tier 2 dependent. Her total time in uk = 7.5 years. She started working in uk as dependent since jan 2007 and still does. Now I decided to take a chance and go for set(m) appointment not flr(m) as I checked out that few people have got that in past while some of them recently had to change to flr(m) and then to set(m) like mr. Ganti. My solicitor also advised me to apply for flr m followed by set m after it, but I decided not to do so. I did took flr m and flr fp which I saw were present on ukba website just in case I have to go for one of those.

I took set(m) appointment online and took all the necessary documents like four documents which were in both our names from atleast three different sources including tenancy agreements spanning over last two three years or so and also six documents in my name, bank statements, utility bills - electric water and landline, usual payslips, employment letters, council tax, hmrc, dvla, nhs etc. I also took six documents which were in my spouse name (including Naric confirming degree in english) spanning for two three years too also from similar kind of sources. For case workers reference, I also put copy of immigration rules from 278-287.

So basically I reached office twenty minutes before appointment, first ticket number was issued, I had prepared full file folder containing all documents which was collected along with my wife's passports & brp and my brp with ilr and my passport too, no questions at this point, then my spouse was called for biometric after which we waited in cafeteria for one hour and then we were called at desk for document collection where we were told that my spouse has been granted ilr based on her set m application. Got the approval letter, brp will be sent in 7-10 days by post.

No questions asked in the whole process and was straightforward may be because I had nicely laid out all the documents in order and probably all that was needed was present for the case worker spanning up to three years.

Thanks to guys here who had provided earlier references on my query on people with similar situations in the past.

Good luck to all.
Hello there, which PEO did you attend please. I am going to do the same for my wife as soon as she passes LIUK test.

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi everyone

I need some advice. Here is my timeline

Sent = 11/10/2013
Received at HO = 14/11/2013
acknowledgement letter = TBC
Payment taken from account = 17/10/2013
Biometric enrolment dated = 30/10/2013
Biometric submitted = 04/11/2013
Decision letter = TBC
Documents received = TBC

I called HO on Friday to find out about the acknowledgement letter. To my shock, I have been told for the ILR SET(LR) HO DO NOT ISSUE ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTERS. I have many people on this forum getting the acknowledgement letters for set LR. Last time I called HO I was told to request the acknowledgement in writing so I did but after Friday's call to HO I don't know what to do!!!! Any suggestions what should I do?

Also for everyone HO is still processing August applications and HO is closed on 25/26 and then in 1st of January .

Any suggestions and updates please !!!!!

Thanks

nadeemiqbal

Post by nadeemiqbal » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi everyone

Sent = 11/10/2013
Decision letter = TBC
Documents received = TBC

I called HO on Friday to find out about the acknowledgement letter. To my shock, I have been told for the ILR SET(LR) HO DO NOT ISSUE ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTERS. I have seen many people on this forum getting the acknowledgement letters for set LR. Last time I called HO I was told to request the acknowledgement in writing so I did but after Friday's call to HO I don't know what to do!!!! Any suggestions what should I do?

Also for everyone HO is still processing August applications and HO is closed on 25/26 and then in 1st of January .

Thanks

adrees246
Newly Registered

Post by adrees246 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:04 pm

Very nice info thanks

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by huqqapani » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:35 pm

nadeemiqbal wrote:Hi everyone

Sent = 11/10/2013
Decision letter = TBC
Documents received = TBC

I called HO on Friday to find out about the acknowledgement letter. To my shock, I have been told for the ILR SET(LR) HO DO NOT ISSUE ANY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTERS. I have seen many people on this forum getting the acknowledgement letters for set LR. Last time I called HO I was told to request the acknowledgement in writing so I did but after Friday's call to HO I don't know what to do!!!! Any suggestions what should I do?

Thanks
Since you have enrolled biometrics, why is there a worry to not have received acknowledgement letter. Seems that you are application is being processed as normal since you have been invited for biometrics

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomgodcat » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:12 pm

That's the typical level of service for the £1051 we paid in 4 months advance...they are even not bothered to have a look at it at all...

ppycrmt wrote:If you just don't think about your application too much then time goes by so much more quickly. I couldn't believe it could be a matter of days now for my application to return.

Expect your biometric after Christmas, possibly in the first two weeks of January. Brits are slow, but they do get things done.
smileybee wrote:I know it will be a long wait but to receive acknowledgement letter is important as I would prefer to know that they have received my application. I believe with good faith and prayers I do hope to get it sooner. But it's Xmas now, so I m not expecting my biometric letter till January but miracle might happen and I may get it before Xmas haha.. I agreed that I don't think there will be an increase in applicants before October because they must meet the 10years duration prior to applying so they won't be lots hanging on there just to apply when they have passed their 10 years duration.
ppycrmt wrote:Obviously I would be peeved if I don't get my application back within the next 2 months (mid August applicant), but it's Christmas time, you know how the Brits are with Christmas; they are often slow, they talk about what to buy and what to get for Christmas. Their work ethic is often slow, so I won't be surprised if they are slow at dealing with applications in December.

I haven't heard anything regarding people rushing to apply before the 28th October. But frankly, if you have been in the country for 10 years and if your English aren't good enough to pass the test, then what have the applicants been doing in the last 10 years?!

I simply don't agree there is a surge in applicants before the 28th October. I am sure we all want to get this asap and will do anything to apply asap.
mycanal1 wrote:I wonder how you will cope until next 5-10 month until you get the final approval, I heard that thousands of ppl applied in-order to avoid the new req of English requirent that were kicked in 28 Oct, so now all application will take much longer as HO is overbooked will flood of applications.

l. :wink:

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:47 pm

I think the price is unacceptable. But then UKBA is probably making a profit unlike the other government department. This application is totally overpriced. The public should know more about this. My friends couldn't believe I paid over £1000 for an application.
tomgodcat wrote:That's the typical level of service for the £1051 we paid in 4 months advance...they are even not bothered to have a look at it at all...

ppycrmt wrote:If you just don't think about your application too much then time goes by so much more quickly. I couldn't believe it could be a matter of days now for my application to return.

Expect your biometric after Christmas, possibly in the first two weeks of January. Brits are slow, but they do get things done.
smileybee wrote:I know it will be a long wait but to receive acknowledgement letter is important as I would prefer to know that they have received my application. I believe with good faith and prayers I do hope to get it sooner. But it's Xmas now, so I m not expecting my biometric letter till January but miracle might happen and I may get it before Xmas haha.. I agreed that I don't think there will be an increase in applicants before October because they must meet the 10years duration prior to applying so they won't be lots hanging on there just to apply when they have passed their 10 years duration.
ppycrmt wrote:Obviously I would be peeved if I don't get my application back within the next 2 months (mid August applicant), but it's Christmas time, you know how the Brits are with Christmas; they are often slow, they talk about what to buy and what to get for Christmas. Their work ethic is often slow, so I won't be surprised if they are slow at dealing with applications in December.

I haven't heard anything regarding people rushing to apply before the 28th October. But frankly, if you have been in the country for 10 years and if your English aren't good enough to pass the test, then what have the applicants been doing in the last 10 years?!

I simply don't agree there is a surge in applicants before the 28th October. I am sure we all want to get this asap and will do anything to apply asap.

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Post by tomgodcat » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:50 pm

we deserve better service than this wholly crap... at least we should know where we are exactly now, how many applications is still ahead of us and whether our application is allocated to any case worker team....the answer that you still have to wait is totally unacceptable, and technically speaking..All these could be done through proper IT work...But now we all are just sitting in the lottery pool...
ppycrmt wrote:I think the price is unacceptable. But then UKBA is probably making a profit unlike the other government department. This application is totally overpriced. The public should know more about this. My friends couldn't believe I paid over £1000 for an application.
tomgodcat wrote:That's the typical level of service for the £1051 we paid in 4 months advance...they are even not bothered to have a look at it at all...

[/quote]

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:16 pm

huqqapani wrote:
Ashblackhawk wrote:Disclaimer: this is for guidance and not any kind of official advise.

Hi guys,

Good luck to all.
Hello there, which PEO did you attend please. I am going to do the same for my wife as soon as she passes LIUK test.
PEO Croydon.

raaz0800

Post by raaz0800 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:43 am

huqqapani wrote:
nadeemiqbal wrote:Hi everyone

Sent = 11/10/2013
Decision letter = TBC
Documents received = TBC

Thanks
Since you have enrolled biometrics, why is there a worry to not have received acknowledgement letter. Seems that you are application is being processed as normal since you have been invited for biometrics
I have been waiting for acknowledgement letter as well.HO said I need to give one week more even I applied in November and payment has been taken.My application has not been logged yet.

aksi

Post by aksi » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:01 am

raaz0800 wrote:
raaz0800 wrote:
aksi wrote:
Raaz
Please give me that email address in case I need to contact them .
Raaz
UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk, UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:45 am

You are too Lucky, I applied on 11th Nov still waiting for Bio Metric Letter...

Called Few times but no HELP !

esima wrote:I applied 19 November nd got acknowledgedment letter on the 25th dated 21.but did't get biometric letter from HO until a day b4. Yesterday which took a month for them to send it to me.Biometric don yesterday.