ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ank84
Newly Registered

ILR received

Post by ank84 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I received my ILR and my timeline is as follows

Application : SET (LR) 10 year long residence (6 yrs student+ 2 yrs PSW+ 2 yrs Tier2)
Application sent: 16 Aug 2013
Acknowledgement letter date: 20 Aug 2013
Biometric letter dated: 30 Aug 2013
Biometric enrolled:4 Sep 2013
ILR approval letter date: 19 Dec 2013
Passport and BRP received: 23 Dec 2013

Please update the skydrive

The forum has been invaluable in giving me an idea of what to expect and what current processing times might be. Thank you very much!

cherrypy
Newly Registered

Document Received

Post by cherrypy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi All,

Glad to inform you I have received my approval and documents today. Still waiting for ILR card.
Good luck all with your application which unfairly waiting for such a long time.
date of approval: 20/12/2013
received on: 23/12/2013
Card: Waiting

libby

Post by libby » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:55 am

I have been visiting this page for a long time and today i decided to register. Love reading all the success stories.

So i have been a dependant of my mum for nearly 9 years now (been here since 2005) and we both qualify for ilr in 2015 God willing and the route is still in place by then as you never can tell with the UKBA lol. My question is, are visitor visas counted as part of the 10 year lawful residence? I came initially as a visitor before switching to a dependant of my mum and have only been out of the country trice and spent no more than 2 weeks for each.

Thanks and congrats and goodluck to all those who have recieved theirs and those still waiting :) x

esmsi

Re: Document Received

Post by esmsi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:49 am

cherrypy wrote:Hi All,

Glad to inform you I have received my approval and documents today. Still waiting for ILR card.
Good luck all with your application which unfairly waiting for such a long time.
date of approval: 20/12/2013
received on: 23/12/2013
Card: Waiting
When u applied

die_hard

Post by die_hard » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:37 am

Hi,

Congrats on your spouse ILR without the need for FLR(M).

Just a question - So what English language qualification did you show as part of your wife's ILR ? Was the NAARIC confirming degree in Enligh enough ?

Thanks
Ashblackhawk wrote:Disclaimer: this is for guidance and not any kind of official advise.

Hi guys,

I want to share the story of my spouse's ilr - set m visa application that we made today and she got her ilr within one hour or so. Hope it will give some guidance to people in similar situation.

The situation goes as follows. My current tier 2 visa was expiring in april 2014 however since I was eligible for ilr lr in august i went for it. Got it one week before 4 months were about to finish from the day of application. Likewise my spouse had her tier 2 dependent till april 2014. I received my ilr - long residence two weeks back. My wife was with me since July 2006 first as student dependent till early 2009, then as psw dependent till early 2011 and then as tier 2 dependent. Her total time in uk = 7.5 years. She started working in uk as dependent since jan 2007 and still does. Now I decided to take a chance and go for set(m) appointment not flr(m) as I checked out that few people have got that in past while some of them recently had to change to flr(m) and then to set(m) like mr. Ganti. My solicitor also advised me to apply for flr m followed by set m after it, but I decided not to do so. I did took flr m and flr fp which I saw were present on ukba website just in case I have to go for one of those.

I took set(m) appointment online and took all the necessary documents like four documents which were in both our names from atleast three different sources including tenancy agreements spanning over last two three years or so and also six documents in my name, bank statements, utility bills - electric water and landline, usual payslips, employment letters, council tax, hmrc, dvla, nhs etc. I also took six documents which were in my spouse name (including Naric confirming degree in english) spanning for two three years too also from similar kind of sources. For case workers reference, I also put copy of immigration rules from 278-287.

So basically I reached office twenty minutes before appointment, first ticket number was issued, I had prepared full file folder containing all documents which was collected along with my wife's passports & brp and my brp with ilr and my passport too, no questions at this point, then my spouse was called for biometric after which we waited in cafeteria for one hour and then we were called at desk for document collection where we were told that my spouse has been granted ilr based on her set m application. Got the approval letter, brp will be sent in 7-10 days by post.

No questions asked in the whole process and was straightforward may be because I had nicely laid out all the documents in order and probably all that was needed was present for the case worker spanning up to three years.

Sometimes luck does work on your side. Hope it helps.

Thanks to guys here who had provided earlier references on my query on people with similar situations in the past.

Good luck to all.

Ashblackhawk
Newly Registered

Post by Ashblackhawk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:17 pm

die_hard wrote:Hi,

Congrats on your spouse ILR without the need for FLR(M).

Just a question - So what English language qualification did you show as part of your wife's ILR ? Was the NAARIC confirming degree in Enligh enough ?

Thanks
Ashblackhawk wrote:Disclaimer: this is for guidance and not any kind of official advise.

Hi guys,

I want to share the story of my spouse's ilr - set m visa application that we made today and she got her ilr within one hour or so. Hope it will give some guidance to people in similar situation.

The situation goes as follows. My current tier 2 visa was expiring in april 2014 however since I was eligible for ilr lr in august i went for it. Got it one week before 4 months were about to finish from the day of application. Likewise my spouse had her tier 2 dependent till april 2014. I received my ilr - long residence two weeks back. My wife was with me since July 2006 first as student dependent till early 2009, then as psw dependent till early 2011 and then as tier 2 dependent. Her total time in uk = 7.5 years. She started working in uk as dependent since jan 2007 and still does. Now I decided to take a chance and go for set(m) appointment not flr(m) as I checked out that few people have got that in past while some of them recently had to change to flr(m) and then to set(m) like mr. Ganti. My solicitor also advised me to apply for flr m followed by set m after it, but I decided not to do so. I did took flr m and flr fp which I saw were present on ukba website just in case I have to go for one of those.

I took set(m) appointment online and took all the necessary documents like four documents which were in both our names from atleast three different sources including tenancy agreements spanning over last two three years or so and also six documents in my name, bank statements, utility bills - electric water and landline, usual payslips, employment letters, council tax, hmrc, dvla, nhs etc. I also took six documents which were in my spouse name (including Naric confirming degree in english) spanning for two three years too also from similar kind of sources. For case workers reference, I also put copy of immigration rules from 278-287.

So basically I reached office twenty minutes before appointment, first ticket number was issued, I had prepared full file folder containing all documents which was collected along with my wife's passports & brp and my brp with ilr and my passport too, no questions at this point, then my spouse was called for biometric after which we waited in cafeteria for one hour and then we were called at desk for document collection where we were told that my spouse has been granted ilr based on her set m application. Got the approval letter, brp will be sent in 7-10 days by post.

No questions asked in the whole process and was straightforward may be because I had nicely laid out all the documents in order and probably all that was needed was present for the case worker spanning up to three years.

Sometimes luck does work on your side. Hope it helps.

Thanks to guys here who had provided earlier references on my query on people with similar situations in the past.

Good luck to all.
Thanks. Yes, kept spouse's original degree certificate and UK naric letter confirming degree in English for language requirements. Additionally, life in the uk test certificate too.

kondurp
Newly Registered

does bad credit affect ILR

Post by kondurp » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:26 am

Hello
I had a bad credit rating and some defaults under my name and it is been 6 years i havent heard anything from creditors.
I had my tier1 and extension.
Will that be a problem to get ILR.
Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 am

Do you have CCJs?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kondurp
Newly Registered

Post by kondurp » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:39 am

Hi
I did not check my credit file. I have moved addresses and dont know if I have any. I have applied to tier1 extension last march 2013 and tier1 on march 2010 I got it.
Amber_ wrote:Do you have CCJs?

zabizabi

Post by zabizabi » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:51 am

hi, how many more august 2013 applicants still waiting for ILR approvel letter? :roll:

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:51 pm

Applied on 19th August n waiting.........

akb titu
Newly Registered

Post by akb titu » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:24 pm

zabizabi wrote:hi, how many more august 2013 applicants still waiting for ILR approvel letter? :roll:
fed up now just watching n waiting once this wait is over surely put it up on here for everybody . Applied 05 aug bio done 14 september 2013

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:20 pm

akb titu wrote:
zabizabi wrote:hi, how many more august 2013 applicants still waiting for ILR approvel letter? :roll:
fed up now just watching n waiting once this wait is over surely put it up on here for everybody . Applied 05 aug bio done 14 september 2013
But in skydrive your status is showing completed?????

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw

itsarif

Post by itsarif » Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:24 pm

are there any more august applicant waiting?

yasin333
Newly Registered

Still waiting

Post by yasin333 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:36 pm

im still waiting. solicitor sent late august (dont even know the exact date). acknowledgement received by solicitor early september (04). bio was done quite late by myself (15 october). the bio invitation came quite late

Miangee

ILR

Post by Miangee » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:45 pm

hi as I am applying SET LR and my wife flr m at same time and I am posting both application with covering letter in 1 same envelop at Set LR address .

Is that fine as there are different address for both application but as per rules they will tag my wife application with my application until my ILR so hopefully it should me more convenient for home office
Any senior member guide plz or any one had done same in past share plz
Just waiting answer want to post it tomorrow
Thanks

MALIK_KHAN
Newly Registered

Post by MALIK_KHAN » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:52 am

hi
I have recieved a letter from HO to send orignal passport and BRP for my wife FLR(M) But i Just dont wana send my original passport and BRP as i dont know how long they will take and i need passport for my job anyway next week. Now as they have asked for it for my wife FLR(M) but instead if i send certified copies do they mind it ? just your advice
second if i am not able to provide all the 5 documents for cohiblation they have ask for will it be problem as i can only manage 3 of mine and 4 for my wife or i have one joint tenancy aggrement is that enough plz advice about this as well
thanks

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:19 am

[quote="MALIK_KHAN"]hi
I have recieved a letter from HO to send orignal passport and BRP for my wife FLR(M) But i Just dont wana send my original passport and BRP as i dont know how long they will take and i need passport for my job anyway next week. Now as they have asked for it for my wife FLR(M) but instead if i send certified copies do they mind it ? just your advice
second if i am not able to provide all the 5 documents for cohiblation they have ask for will it be problem as i can only manage 3 of mine and 4 for my wife or i have one joint tenancy aggrement is that enough plz advice about this as well
thanks[/quote]

Hi have you sent your wife flr m seprate or you applied as same time when applied your ilr
I think your wife file is not tag with yor ilr file otherwise they should have all your detail anyway you can send them attestd copy from solicitor or settelment checking services

emrelation
Newly Registered

ANY SEPTEMBER APPLICANT

Post by emrelation » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:09 am

HI GUYS IS THERE ANY SEPTEMBER APPLICANT WHO HAS ALREADY RECEIVED ILR?

masud0174

Post by masud0174 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:44 am

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?cid ... xcel&wdo=1
You can follow this link which will show who have received or not. Then you can make an assumption about your application.
FLR M OR FLR O

JTF2007

Post by JTF2007 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:36 pm

akb titu wrote:

I am also waiting 12 August applicant, I think we will not receive any good news before new year.

Hope for the best :)

juniorr

Re: does bad credit affect ILR

Post by juniorr » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:47 pm

kondurp wrote:Hello
I had a bad credit rating and some defaults under my name and it is been 6 years i havent heard anything from creditors.
I had my tier1 and extension.
Will that be a problem to get ILR.
Thanks
I had 5 years old CCJ and defaults on my file, didn't pay single penny. i did declare that on the form but didn't provide any documents regards to this. within 16 weeks i received my ILR under long residence.

ppycrmt

Post by ppycrmt » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Same, be patient. It will come.

quote="JTF2007"]
akb titu wrote:

I am also waiting 12 August applicant, I think we will not receive any good news before new year.

Hope for the best :)[/quote]

luckylondon

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by luckylondon » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:56 pm

With the help of almighty God, i had received my documents today...the letter i received was dated 20th Dec but i received all the documents today including Biometric card plus my documents. I had applied on 31st August 2013.
Thx everyone and keep praying ...plz update me on skydrive.

MEMON78
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by MEMON78 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:30 am

Any good news today???????????????