ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years long residence (ILR) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ADAMALI
Newly Registered

10 Years long residence (ILR) application

Post by ADAMALI » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi,
I am writing here in regard to few queries about my application for ILR next year. Here is a bit of my background.
Qualification (earned in UK): MSc. Telecommunications , From: Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL), Passed in Year: 2009
Current Visa: Got Tier 1(General) extension in Jan 2013 , Expiring on: 25-Jan-2016

OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR ILR:
ILR Option 1: During Jan 2016, I am eligible for ILR under Tier 1 (General) category.
ILR Option 2: By 08-Sept 2015, next year, I will be completing my 10 years legal stay in UK, So I can apply for ILR during Aug-2015 by this route.

Other Information: I sponsored my wife's spouse Dependent visa under my current Visa (Tier 1-General) during April 2014, this year and she is here in UK since May-2014 this year and we had a baby in Sep this year in London . So her spouse visa will be expiring on same date as my current visa (Tier 1-General), and that is on 25-Jan-2016.

Queries: I need your advice that which route should I choose for my ILR application based on above 2 available options. Also if I go with option 2 (I prefer this option) of 10 years route then I will be posting my application during middle Aug-2015 and if it takes longer time to get my documents back before my wife's spouse visa expires (on 25-Jan-2016), then;
-How can I submit her visa application for extension during Jan 2016 and at that time, do I have to apply for my 1 year and 4 months old son visa as well (he born in UK and registered), If not then will I have to show him as dependent and also show maintenance for him as well and what will be minimum income threshold I need to show.
-Or can I wait to get my ILR and apply baby's British passport straight away at that time.
-Do I need to have English Language Test for my ILR application (as I have got MSc degree from Queen Mary, University of London in 2009).
-Is there any indication of this 10 year route option to be closed in upcoming year (just asking because new govt brings new immigration policies)

Apologies for such long essay. I would be really grateful to you if you please address these queries. Many Thanks!

Ali

zzzindagi

Re: 10 Years long residence (ILR) application

Post by zzzindagi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:33 pm

Please keep in mind that if you apply ILR under 10 year your spouse's previous time spent will be not be counted for her ILR but if you get ILR under tier 1 you partner's previous time spent will be counted.

I will suggest you to apply your ILR under 10 years and if you don't get decision on time apply your Spouse FLR(M) visa on time and request them in a covering letter to consider the application once your ILR application is decided. Many people have done that and successfully got their visas.

Keep in mind once you get your ILR under 10 years your spouse can stay legally in the country on her previous visa and can travel back home but may face problems while returning in the UK, So once you get ILR under 10years your spouse must switch her visa from Tier 1 Dependent to FLR(M) before travelling out of UK.

Your Baby can stay in the UK without any visa as long as he is not travelling out of UK. As he is born in the UK he will become eligible to apply for British citizenship as soon you get your ILR under any category. So as soon you get your ILR you can submit his MN1 application straight away.
ZR

zzzindagi

Post by zzzindagi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:41 pm

You don't need to pass any English test as you already got UK Degree. You just need to pass life in the uk test.
ZR

ADAMALI
Newly Registered

Post by ADAMALI » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Many Thanks for your reply. It was very helpful. One last thing...
-Is there any indication of this 10 year route option to be closed in upcoming year (just asking because new govt brings new immigration policies and also on BBC I heard they debated about EU membership and Immigration issues a lot during these months).
Any indications about 10 year policy to be changed in upcoming months, what is your understanding about it?