ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon May 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Good luck for tomorrow lola56uk - hope everything works in your favour.

Hello banats, I have been reading about your case and hope you don't mind me making the following comments:

Please do not go to the tribunal armed only with statements from friends and family - that will not work. They will argue back that ANYONE can give statements - it will not hold water. You need to get signed and stamped statements from your GP or similar authority figure who can verify that you were in the country at that time.

Do you have payslips from the company that has wound down? I am sure you can get proof that you paid tax during that time from the tax office. You need to cover your back and try to build a credible water-tight case.

Also do you have any photographs that were taken around that time in the UK with the date on them? Or photographs that were taken at an event where people could verify the date of the event etc. Try and think hard about this because you may have information that you may not be aware of.

I wish you all the best with your tribunal case.

banats
Newly Registered

hi Hopfull2

Post by banats » Tue May 07, 2013 8:58 am

Thanks mate i can understand nothing to hide now but they have siad that they think i came here in 2005 before that they are eccepting my salary slips and certificate and tenency agreement etc. Yes i will try to find out abut the tax very good idea. Thanks

14yearsUK
Newly Registered

Re: hi Hopfull2

Post by 14yearsUK » Tue May 07, 2013 5:15 pm

banats wrote:Thanks mate i can understand nothing to hide now but they have siad that they think i came here in 2005 before that they are eccepting my salary slips and certificate and tenency agreement etc. Yes i will try to find out abut the tax very good idea. Thanks
Hi Banats- You can obtain information on your Tax/ National Insurance from HMRC. They will provide you with a letter addressed to the Home Office/ UKBA confirming your Contributions to HMRC for the last 14 + years.

Here is the link you need for the details on contacting them.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/industrial-compensation/

I have obtained such a letter and it is quite comprehensive and covers each tax year. If you need assistance with drafting your letter I am able to help but you need to do it a.s.a.p as HMRC can take more than ten days to send you the letter.

Did you register with a GP during your early years in the UK?. If so, you can contact your Local NHS Patient liaison service and request for a letter confirming each successive year you where registered with your GP as well as any hospital appointments you attended. This can be another good solid source of evidence. An NHS subject access request would be more comprehensive (it will have all details/correspondence since your registration) but sadly, it takes ages to come.

If you have owned a vehicle or applied for a provisional or full UK Licence, you can request the DVLA to provide all information they hold about you e.g year when you registered a car (but you need to remember the car registration). However, a £5 fee is applicable.

Here is the link;

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/industrial-compensation/

In your previous post, you explained that you completed an English Course in 1999. Did you require any class attendance? Is the course accredited by any awarding body? e.g City & Guilds, Cambridge etc. These bodies may confirm the duration of the course as well as dates of your course, even if the college is no longer in existence.

Letters from family and friends may only help in supporting your character and UK ties.

banats
Newly Registered

Thanks Newbe

Post by banats » Tue May 07, 2013 5:50 pm

I am very thankful to you for your support actually Ho say that i need to prove the period from 1998-2004 now as you acn understand that i was very young in those days so i did not register with gp till 2004. Then i have a few things from that period like a few cinema ticktes and other things which i used during 1999 cricket world cup.i will try to find some other things which might be in my old box. I will write hrm also but i almost remeber everthing event and programm i have attented during this period. Thanks

Hopeful2

Re: Thanks Newbe

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue May 07, 2013 8:54 pm

banats wrote:I am very thankful to you for your support actually Ho say that i need to prove the period from 1998-2004 now as you acn understand that i was very young in those days so i did not register with gp till 2004. Then i have a few things from that period like a few cinema ticktes and other things which i used during 1999 cricket world cup.i will try to find some other things which might be in my old box. I will write hrm also but i almost remeber everthing event and programm i have attented during this period. Thanks
Hello banats, that is a start - how did you pay for the cinema tickets? Did you pay by card or cash as a card transaction could be traced. Also do you have any envelopes from correspondence that was posted to you during this time as they are date marked and could be used as evidence. Also do your have a London Underground photocard from this period? These were registered and if you contact LU with your photocard, I am sure the could give you evidence of when you registered it etc. and this could also be used as evidence.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed May 08, 2013 12:06 am

banats wrote:I am very thankful to you for your support actually Ho say that i need to prove the period from 1998-2004 now as you acn understand that i was very young in those days so i did not register with gp till 2004. Then i have a few things from that period like a few cinema ticktes and other things which i used during 1999 cricket world cup.i will try to find some other things which might be in my old box. I will write hrm also but i almost remeber everthing event and programm i have attented during this period. Thanks
Hey Banats.

You need to submit sufficient prove to home office, see below for guidance as I am partly in same situation as you ;

1. I visited the library today to get a letter showing when I registered and how active I was when I was a young boy - they found it and said I even owes 12£ which they cancelled off.

2. Did you visit the dentist or optician ( if so please check with them too)

3. As others have said ; a letter from your GP ( usually at a fee) will suffice.

4. Lastly a letter from strong linked family confirming they know you will also help ; it will need to be sworn in at local solicitor office.

These are some of the things I spent the nice sunny day in London doing today.

banats
Newly Registered

A big Thank you

Post by banats » Wed May 08, 2013 8:58 am

I would like to say big thank to all my friends on this fouram they been very very helpful and have given some very good advises.I hope and pray for evryone on this forum.

lola56uk

Re: A big Thank you

Post by lola56uk » Wed May 08, 2013 9:36 am

banats wrote:I would like to say big thank to all my friends on this fouram they been very very helpful and have given some very good advises.I hope and pray for evryone on this forum.
This is what we are here for !!!!!!!

Hopeful2

Observation

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:06 am

I sometimes read the posts on the other forums and have noticed that other ILR applicants excluding 10 / 14 year applicants are getting their approval earlier, some less than a month after application and the rest of us (10 / 14 years) are having to wait much longer. On the whole, 14 year applicants are waiting the longest.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:13 am

lola56uk wrote:
Hey Banats.

You need to submit sufficient prove to home office, see below for guidance as I am partly in same situation as you ;

1. I visited the library today to get a letter showing when I registered and how active I was when I was a young boy - they found it and said I even owes 12£ which they cancelled off.

3. As others have said ; a letter from your GP ( usually at a fee) will suffice.

4. Lastly a letter from strong linked family confirming they know you will also help ; it will need to be sworn in at local solicitor office.

Hello lola56uk, hope it all works out for you and we look forward to reading good news about your ILR on this forum.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed May 08, 2013 12:52 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:
Hey Banats.

Hello lola56uk, hope it all works out for you and we look forward to reading good news about your ILR on this forum.
thanks - I submitted my Appeal yesterday , will let you know when I get my date.

Hopeful2

Proposed Immigration Bill ...

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:35 am

Looks like things are about to get tougher - hope we are all successful with our applications so we can have peace of mind!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22437884

glory5050

Nothing is impossible with Him

Post by glory5050 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:20 am

Let keep believing because with God all things are possible. Just praying for God invention in our ilr application. No situation that has no solution.

lola56uk

Re: Nothing is impossible with Him

Post by lola56uk » Thu May 09, 2013 6:40 am

glory5050 wrote:Let keep believing because with God all things are possible. Just praying for God invention in our ilr application. No situation that has no solution.
The current party has a two-fold way of impacting immigration; this has always been their specialty even during thatchers rule when she removed the born in Britain policy unless on of your parents is British !!!

Well - it will take a while to come into effect and with due respect it looks like it will affect the new generation immigrants, they are a few to look at it today hearing

Landlords - this will mostly be the council and there to protect property being given to migrants who are not entitiled; and it looks like this law won't pass. How can you tell the police to police itself or bank to bank itself . I mean we all know what happened when the did recession etc

From a next general election :
If Borris Johnson - supports and amnesty , more In touch with real people than any of his plunker colleagues !!!

I believe these politicians are using immigration as an excuse and not discussing the real issue ; the economy , fair response from ukba and clearing ukba backlog ( ukba now home office )

banats
Newly Registered

one suggestion

Post by banats » Thu May 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi I have a suggestion if david camroon grant amenesty to about 400000 immigrants and restrict them not to take any public funds for 5 years then all these people will come in to tax net and there will no burdan on budget.

lola56uk

Re: one suggestion

Post by lola56uk » Fri May 10, 2013 1:50 am

banats wrote:Hi I have a suggestion if david camroon grant amenesty to about 400000 immigrants and restrict them not to take any public funds for 5 years then all these people will come in to tax net and there will no burdan on budget.
This is a great idea ; but as we live in a world of discrimination himan rights , opposing parties will all oppose the bill as they will say an amnesty should be an amnesty !!!!! And imposing clause in an amensty is discrimantion against race !!!! These are my thoughts !!!

Maybe we should write to the office of David Camron and Theresa May with above suggestion!! I Will happily sign it

glory5050

got a call from my solicitor

Post by glory5050 » Fri May 10, 2013 7:31 am

I got a call from my solicitor yesterday saying that she has received a letter from HO requesting for more documents.
I will update you all regarding the situation.
Hope and pray that whatever we send to them will be satisfactory to them to grant my ilr asap.
In God we trust......

Hopeful2

Re: got a call from my solicitor

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:39 am

glory5050 wrote:I got a call from my solicitor yesterday saying that she has received a letter from HO requesting for more documents.
Hope and pray that whatever we send to them will be satisfactory to them to grant my ilr asap.
In God we trust......

Hello glory5050, although this request for new documentation may seem like a set back, look at it in a positive way - they have started processing your application. As long as you can provide the additional documentation they require, I am sure you will be fine in the end. All the best!!

Hopeful2

Re: one suggestion

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:03 am

lola56uk wrote:
banats wrote:Hi I have a suggestion if david camroon grant amenesty to about 400000 immigrants and restrict them not to take any public funds for 5 years then all these people will come in to tax net and there will no burdan on budget.
This is a great idea ; but as we live in a world of discrimination himan rights , opposing parties will all oppose the bill as they will say an amnesty should be an amnesty !!!!! And imposing clause in an amensty is discrimantion against race !!!! These are my thoughts !!!

Maybe we should write to the office of David Camron and Theresa May with above suggestion!! I Will happily sign it
Hello Banat and Lola56uk, in my opinion, they are not interested in granting amnesty to illegal immigrants - they would rather do everything in their power to make sure that going forward all illegal immigrants leave the country - they are even trying to make it easier to deport people. At the moment they have closed the doors to all those people who were waiting patiently to apply via the 14 year rule by extending the waiting time to 20 years thus alienating the majority of illegal immigrants out there.

Very few, if any at all actually qualify for the 20 year rule and even if they did, it would take them another 10 years to qualify to apply for ILR. For the average immigrant to have lived here for 20 years, they would have come to this country in their 20's or 30's so they would now be in their 40's or even 50's and another ten years on top of that would take them to their 50's or even 60's and maybe much older in some cases. On this note, why would they make it easier by just granting everyone amnesty? That would hurt their pockets - it would be interesting to see what happens in the future. Like I said in the beginning, this is just my opinion.

banats
Newly Registered

Amenesty

Post by banats » Fri May 10, 2013 5:03 pm

I think it is in the faver of the conervative as Boris Jonson also in faver of amenest and becasue of that he was able to reatin his mayorship although tories lost badly and labour gained but livingstone was not able to win against Boris.
Note the following.
1. Nick clag promised before the jernal election that they would give amenest thats why lib dam was able to be in government after 45 years, but Nick clag has now ditched and is aganist the amenest. If tori announce amenesty they will get lib dams vote.
2. If tori announce one off conditional amenesty it means only the immigrants who are ready to maintain themself without publick fund will take it so no voilation of human rights.
3. All those who will get amensty at leat half of them will come in the tax net with out puting any burdan on exchakers.
4. The cost which the gov. will spand on deporting will be save.
5. Less burdan on border agency and Judicial system.
6. Increase support for tories in the next elections and no burdan on the them if they are elected next time which very difficult at the moment.
So i think giveing amensty is in the faver of the tories.If some one think what i am saying make sance then please write it to mayor cause he is the only hope for londoners.

glory5050

Post by glory5050 » Sat May 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:
glory5050 wrote:I got a call from my solicitor yesterday saying that she has received a letter from HO requesting for more documents.
In God we trust......

Hello glory5050, although this request for new documentation may seem like a set back, look at it in a positive way - they have started processing your application. As long as you can provide the additional documentation they require, I am sure you will be fine in the end. All the best!!
Thank you hopeful2 for the encouragement......

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Sun May 12, 2013 6:26 pm

glory5050 wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:
In God we trust......

Thank you hopeful2 for the encouragement......
glory5050 you are most welcome.

As a new week starts, I would like to wish everyone on this forum good luck - by the end of the week I hope to read that more people have been granted ILR - God bless you all!!

Hopeful2

Interesting ...

Post by Hopeful2 » Sun May 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Hello all, just wanted to share this with you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22499889

lola56uk

Re: Interesting ...

Post by lola56uk » Mon May 13, 2013 1:05 am

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello all, just wanted to share this with you:

The beginning was really scary ; loads of issue about definition of net migration; but towards the end I really like the fact she talked about the need for migration and how it has benifited the economy and history of the UK.
All the same she sounds scary ... This immigration thing is becoming scary now , they are under serious pressure to sort it out.

Hopeful2

Re: Interesting ...

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:54 am

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:Hello all, just wanted to share this with you:

The beginning was really scary ; loads of issue about definition of net migration; but towards the end I really like the fact she talked about the need for migration and how it has benifited the economy and history of the UK.
All the same she sounds scary ... This immigration thing is becoming scary now , they are under serious pressure to sort it out.

Hi lola56uk, I felt doom and gloom when she started but then as she progressed I started to relax a little bit more - lets hope more of them have similar mind sets about immigration. These are tense times for everyone - MP's are under pressure to do something about the situation. We just have to keep out fingers crossed and hope that we are granted ILR so we don't have to worry too much about how the ongoing discussions will affect us personally.