ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

londongirl259
Newly Registered

Post by londongirl259 » Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 am

hi everyone, just to let you know that my application for ilr has been approved, my solicitors called me this morning to let me know. I should be receiving my BRP card in the post soon.

This forum has been my only support as no one can really understand the anticipation of waiting for this kind of application unless you are in the same boat. And i just want to thank Hopeful12, and everyone else that has been regularly updating this forum. If i could will send flowers to you guys, i would. Its been a great support network.

My application was based on my 14years stay, and i had about for 4-6months gap of no evidence before i applied on 6th July 2012,basically my evidence started from March 1999 till date.
. However, my solicitor advised that by the time home office looked at the application the 14years would have been covered. So i took the gamble to apply.
So if any of you guys may have any of this circumstances be hopeful. And for everyone waiting good luck and i hope you get the response soon.

If anyone has any questions for me based on the application and evidence i provided to support my application. Please send it to me and i will be more than helpful to provide this.

GOOD LUCK GUYS AND BE HOPEFULL.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 am

londongirl259 wrote:hi everyone, just to let you know that my application for ilr has been approved, my solicitors called me this morning to let me know. I should be receiving my BRP card in the post soon.

This forum has been my only support as no one can really understand the anticipation of waiting for this kind of application unless you are in the same boat. And i just want to thank Hopeful12, and everyone else that has been regularly updating this forum. If i could will send flowers to you guys, i would. Its been a great support network.

My application was based on my 14years stay, and i had about for 4-6months gap of no evidence before i applied on 6th July 2012,basically my evidence started from March 1999 till date.
. However, my solicitor advised that by the time home office looked at the application the 14years would have been covered. So i took the gamble to apply.
So if any of you guys may have any of this circumstances be hopeful. And for everyone waiting good luck and i hope you get the response soon.

If anyone has any questions for me based on the application and evidence i provided to support my application. Please send it to me and i will be more than helpful to provide this.

GOOD LUCK GUYS AND BE HOPEFULL.

CONGRATULATIONS londongirl259 looks like positive things are happening – I am glad your wait is over – can you please post your timeline and give us whatever information you would like to share re your application and documents you provided etc. I wish you all the best for the future – the sun is shining (where I am based) so go out there and take in a deep breath of fresh air – this is the beginning of the rest of your life as a “permanent resident” – no more looking over your shoulders – enjoy!!

londongirl259
Newly Registered

Post by londongirl259 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Thank you Hopeful2, i hope everyone else waiting start getting the good news soon. As it seems the UKBA are starting to look at the applications.

Time line:
ILR Application submitted: 6/07/12
Acknowledgement letter recvd:Aug 12
Biometrics done: 13th Sept 12
ILR approved: 13 May 13
Now Waiting for BRP Card in the post

All i submitted with my application was secondary school, college and university records, Bank statements,G.P Letters, Tenancy agreements for all the properties i have stayed in, and as i have also lived in the same place for 10years.
Supporting statement from my brother confirming when i came into the U.K.
Support statement from myself including my personal experiences. I have also had other mitigating circumstances, however that did not feature much on the supporting statements.
I did have a criminal record about 10 years ago but i did not disclose this as my solicitors said it will not be relevant since it happened long time ago. But this was a one off and i have never been in trouble ever since.

Apart from the ILR 14yrs basis, part of the supporting statement from the solicitor was to include article 8 of the immigration rules. I have lived with my EU partner for 2 years and my brother who is British also lives with me but he did not include any documents for either of them. All the documents submitted was all based on my 14years

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:45 pm

londongirl259 wrote:Thank you Hopeful2, i hope everyone else waiting start getting the good news soon. As it seems the UKBA are starting to look at the applications.

Time line:

All i submitted with my application was secondary school, college and university records, Bank statements,G.P Letters, Tenancy agreements for all the properties i have stayed in, and as i have also lived in the same place for 10years.
Support statement from myself including my personal experiences. I have also had other mitigating circumstances, however that did not feature much on the supporting statements.
I did have a criminal record about 10 years ago but i did not disclose this as my solicitors said it will not be relevant since it happened long time ago. But this was a one off and i have never been in trouble ever since.

Apart from the ILR 14yrs basis, part of the supporting statement from the solicitor was to include article 8 of the immigration rules. I have lived with my EU partner for 2 years and my brother who is British also lives with me but he did not include any documents for either of them. All the documents submitted was all based on my 14years

Hello londongirl259 thanks for updating us with your timeline, I am sure the information you have provided would be of help to someone. Once again, all the best for the future. For the rest of us the wait continues …

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Mon May 13, 2013 4:29 pm

londongirl259 wrote:Thank you Hopeful2, i hope everyone else waiting start getting the good news soon. As it seems the UKBA are starting to look at the applications.

Time line:

@londongirl259 - This is good news !!!! Congrats and enjoy.
Get a job; go on a well deserved holiday and pray and wish the rest of us waiting goodluck.

glory5050

Congratulation to you london girl259

Post by glory5050 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Congratulation to you Londongirl259 for the success of your ilr application. I am so so happy for you.There is hope for everyone of us still waiting.....

Hopeful2

UKBA Improving Services - Survey ...

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Hello everyone, just saw this in one of the forums and decided to share ....

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 2improving

glory5050

Post by glory5050 » Mon May 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Time line:

Supporting statement from
my brother confirming when i came into the U.K.
Please londongirl259, did you receive and letter requestjng for more docs whilst waiting for the ilr?
Thank you.

londongirl259
Newly Registered

Post by londongirl259 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Thank you guys for all your messages. And i pray and hope you are all successful with your pending applications.

Hi glory5050 to answer your question, No i did not receive any request for any further documentation. I was also anticipating they might have asked for further docs but that did not happen. My solicitors had only just sent a second chase letter 2 weeks ago to UKBA, the previous one sent end of March was not responded to by UKBA, so he decided to send another one, during which time they had approved the application.

glory5050

Post by glory5050 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:41 pm

londongirl259 wrote:Thank you guys for all your messages. And i pray and hope you are all successful with your pending applications.

Hi glory5050 to answer your question, No i did not receive any request for any further documentation. I was also anticipating they might have asked for further docs but that did not happen. My solicitors had only just sent a second chase letter 2 weeks ago to UKBA, the previous one sent end of March was not responded to by UKBA, so he decided to send another one, during which time they had approved the application.
Thank you londongirl259..........for your encouragement.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed May 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Hello All
Just thought I would share some points with you
1. As you know I am going through an appeal process at the moment – just checked on my application with AIT now ;The lady explained to me that they receive in excess of 3000 plus application per day.
2. They are currently dealing with 2nd of May application which they received 2800 application.
3. This is an extraordinary amount – no wonder the system is about to break. I suggest the government think on a “Amnesty” road map ASAP.
4. Anyway my appeal is on-going and I am doing a lot of work to show the judge the truth ; and demonstrate that the HO representative made a rush decision on my case. Due to pressure from all sides i.e my MP , myself and whole lot of people.
5. Anyone going for an appeal – should please try sit down in a few hearings at a tribunal near them. I went to one today and it was quite interesting at out the judges confronted the HO on some of their accusation and vice versa for appellants also.
6. I will keep you all updated on progress.

lola56uk

Re: UKBA Improving Services - Survey ...

Post by lola56uk » Wed May 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello everyone, just saw this in one of the forums and decided to share ....

I do not believe in this and it’s a bureaucratic BS … trying to please the EU judges …and satisfying some kind of political activist group that may challenge it on the treatment of illegal citizens.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:02 am

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:Hello everyone, just saw this in one of the forums and decided to share ....

I do not believe in this and it’s a bureaucratic BS … trying to please the EU judges …and satisfying some kind of political activist group that may challenge it on the treatment of illegal citizens.

Hi lola56uk, somehow I doubt that one survey would satisfy any kind of political activist group - I think they just want to be seen to be doing something.

Re number of appeals received per day - by my calculations, if they receive an average of lets say 2,500 appeals per day, then they are receiving about 25,000 appeals every two weeks. This means that they must be processing an extremely large number of applications on a daily basis so how come there is such a huge backlog? The numbers don't add up for me.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Thu May 16, 2013 1:08 am

Hopeful2 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:

Hi lola56uk, somehow I doubt that one survey would satisfy any kind of political activist group - I think they just want to be seen to be doing something.

Re number of appeals received per day - by my calculations, if they receive an average of lets say 2,500 appeals per day, then they are receiving about 25,000 appeals every two weeks. This means that they must be processing an extremely large number of applications on a daily basis so how come there is such a huge backlog? The numbers don't add up for me.

I believe the HO according to a recent documentary are hiding the real number of outstanding application ; the 2500 application they receive a day might be a temp issue, will call again tomorrow. As we know they use various tactics when reporting the real number of the applications being processed with them be it in-country or out-country visa application.

I also agree with the fact that the they want to be seen doing something as a result of the survey.

Peter77
Newly Registered

REFUSAL TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by Peter77 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Dear members

I have been visiting this forum for sometime and have found it very informative and helpful. thank you.
I applied for indefinite leave to remain on the 6/7/ 2012 on the basis of 14 yr long residence.
l arrived in the UK beginning of June 1999 got a six months visitors visa, which l extended with a student visa valid till March 03. When it expired l never renewed it and has been on an expired visa ever since.
The reasons of refusal:
1. l have not provided enough documentary evidence that substantiate my claim of residing in the UK continuously for the last 14 years. Further more l did not provide documentary evidence which covers year 20xx, 20xx and 20xx.
l had provided them with bank statements, bills, hospital letters for which l did not realise l had missed the 3 years mentioned above. and thats all l had.

2.It is noted as well that you were convicted of failing to provide a specimen for analysis(driving or attempting to drive) and driving in accordance with your licence in - - 2008. disqualified and fine 300 plus 200 costs. and the offence wont be considered spent until august 2013.
Taking the above into consideration you therefore cannot meet the requirements of Paragraph 276B(1)(a)(b) and (111) of HC395 (as amended)
I had refused to provide specimen because l wasnt driving the car but in charge of it sitting in the passenger side.
If l appeal what kind of evidence are they after?? is there any thing l can do to prove l have been here all this time?????
What about my conviction? will be considered spent mid august.
Appeal deadline end of may.

glory5050

Re: REFUSAL TO GRANT LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by glory5050 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Peter77 wrote:Dear members

I have been visiting this forum for sometime and have found it very informative and helpful. thank you.
I applied for indefinite leave to remain on the 6/7/ 2012 on the basis of 14 yr long residence.
l arrived in the UK beginning of June 1999 got a six months visitors visa, which l extended with a student visa valid till March 03. When it expired l never renewed it and has been on an expired visa ever since.
The reasons of refusal:
1. l have not provided enough documentary evidence that substantiate my claim of residing in the UK continuously for the last 14 years. Further more l did not provide documentary evidence which covers year 20xx, 20xx and 20xx.
l had provided them with bank statements, bills, hospital letters for which l did not realise l had missed the 3 years mentioned above. and thats all l had.

2.It is noted as well that you were convicted of failing to provide a specimen for analysis(driving or attempting to drive) and driving in accordance with your licence in - - 2008. disqualified and fine 300 plus 200 costs. and the offence wont be considered spent until august 2013.
Taking the above into consideration you therefore cannot meet the requirements of Paragraph 276B(1)(a)(b) and (111) of HC395 (as amended)
I had refused to provide specimen because l wasnt driving the car but in charge of it sitting in the passenger side.
If l appeal what kind of evidence are they after?? is there any thing l can do to prove l have been here all this time?????

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Tue May 21, 2013 11:14 pm

The reasons of refusal:

Peter - I am almost in the same similar situation as you only my drink driving conviction is spent. How long were you disqualified for ? As they have being told/advised not to take into consideration any offence within certain period ( 12 months custodial sentence).
please Appeal - as the judge might be against the HO, especially if you show him evidence that you have been in the UK during the stipulated time; this is what I am doing. Have 2-3 close relative write a sworn letter stating you were here.
All this will shed light on the case for the judge.
Be calm and relax; things happen for a reason.

Peter77
Newly Registered

Post by Peter77 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:21 am

lola56uk wrote:

The reasons of refusal:

Peter - I am almost in the same similar situation as you only my drink driving conviction is spent. How long were you disqualified for ? As they have being told/advised not to take into consideration any offence within certain period ( 12 months custodial sentence).
please Appeal - as the judge might be against the HO, especially if you show him evidence that you have been in the UK during the stipulated time; this is what I am doing. Have 2-3 close relative write a sworn letter stating you were here.
Thank you for the response, I was banned for 18 months but reduced to 14 months when l did the Driving course. fined 300 pounds. u mentioned something about custodial sentence can u say more please.??? my offence would be spent in august.

I will appeal, lm in the process of obtaining bank statement from closed accounts l had at that time. Waiting for letters from my x employer and inland revenue. the problem with bank statements is they can only do 6 six years only. Also requested for my medical records from my GP today. Now my main worry is l wont be able to gather documentary evidence in time coz l have only a week before deadline to submit my appeal, GP documents will take at least 2 weeks. l l hand in my appeal end of may when can l expect my hearing to be held suppose the appeal goes through. Do l have to hand in my appeal with evidence by the way l have a lawyer.
Got relatives who can witness
Last edited by Peter77 on Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter77
Newly Registered

Post by Peter77 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 am

glory5050 wrote:

The reasons of refusal:

Thanks for the response, yes l used a solicitor. No they did not request for more documents they relied on the ones l sent with the application. They just mentioned it of the refusal letter that they did not find substantial evidence that l was residing in the UK in 2004, 200x and 200x. Of which l can get a letter from inland revenue or employer but time is not on my side.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Wed May 22, 2013 7:26 am

Peter77 wrote:
lola56uk wrote:

The reasons of refusal:

Thank you for the response, I was banned for 18 months but reduced to 14 months when l did the Driving course. fined 300 pounds. u mentioned something about custodial sentence can u say more please.??? my offence would be spent in august.

I will appeal, lm in the process of obtaining bank statement from closed accounts l had at that time. Waiting for letters from my x employer and inland revenue. the problem with bank statements is they can only do 6 six years only. Also requested for my medical records from my GP today. Now my main worry is l wont be able to gather documentary evidence in time coz l have only a week before deadline to submit my appeal, GP documents will take at least 2 weeks. l l hand in my appeal end of may when can l expect my hearing to be held suppose the appeal goes through. Do l have to hand in my appeal with evidence by the way l have a lawyer.
Got relatives who can witness even my partner l live with.
That's good you have a lawyer !!!!- unfortunately he won't be able to go with you to the hearing but will arrange a barrister for you !!!!

Secondly - you do not need to submit any proof with your Appeal form ; this can be provided at a later date. It takes 4 weeks from submission to process plus another 4 weeks to give you a date , so you will be attending a hearing between 8-10 weeks from submission.

Attend hearing and go and listen to how the judges listen to the Homeoffice , what tactics the home office use and how to answer or behave in front of the judge.

You do not need bank statement ; a simple letter that you had a bank account with the bank will do; these can usually be written by the counter staff and should state the date period you had the account open.

Be calm and relax

Zebrudaya

14 years ILR letter received today!

Post by Zebrudaya » Wed May 22, 2013 2:10 pm

Dear members

I confirm that I received my 14 years ILR letter today! It came in a big envelope, posted from Liverpool. It contained 3 pages from the UKBA/Home Office, apart from some of my documents and 3 passports I had included in the application. The letter said that the BRP will be sent under separate cover within 7 days etc.

Those who are still waiting, please hang in there! God willing, you all will smile soon. This means that they have expedited action on the remaining applications. I now welcome any questions/request for advice from those who are still waiting for their own. This is so because I may not be visiting this website as regularly as I used to do. Finally, I want to thank the people who established this forum and most importantly, for announcing the sudden change in the regulation concerning the scrapping of the 14 years ILR after 9th July 2012. That information enabled me and many people who wouldn`t have known to apply before that closing date.

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: 14 years ILR letter received today!

Post by GodGives » Wed May 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Zebrudaya wrote:Dear members

I confirm that I received my 14 years ILR letter today! It came in a big envelope, posted from Liverpool. It contained 3 pages from the UKBA/Home Office, apart from some of my documents and 3 passports I had included in the application. The letter said that the BRP will be sent under separate cover within 7 days etc.

Those who are still waiting, please hang in there! God willing, you all will smile soon. This means that they have expedited action on the remaining applications. I now welcome any questions/request for advice from those who are still waiting for their own. This is so because I may not be visiting this website as regularly as I used to do. Finally, I want to thank the people who established this forum and most importantly, for announcing the sudden change in the regulation concerning the scrapping of the 14 years ILR after 9th July 2012. That information enabled me and many people who wouldn`t have known to apply before that closing date.
A big congratulations to you. Enjoy Ur freedom. Please do let us know all the document you sent with your application. Also was it a signed for delivery? Finally how long did you wait to get a reply.
Godgives

glory5050

Re: 14 years ILR letter received today!

Post by glory5050 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Congratulation Zebrudaya....You are free at last.....go enjoy your liberation in the land of the living.

Zebrudaya

Re: 14 years ILR letter received today etc.

Post by Zebrudaya » Wed May 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Dear members

Thank you GodGives and glory5050 for your congratulatory messages. To those who are still waiting, please be of good cheer, because by God`s power, everything will be alright in the end. Don`t stress too much!

My timelines were as follows:
Application sent: 07/07/2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 23/07/2012
Biometric invitation letter received: 26/09/2012
Biometric enrolment done: 08/10/2012
ILR letter of approval along with 3 passports and some other documents received:22/05/2013. (the approval letter was dated 17/05/2013)
BRP: awaited, ( letter said 7 - 10 days from date on ILR letter )

I posted my application on 07/07/2012 and received my ILR letter on 22/07/2013 - a total of 10 months 2 weeks!
I sent the following to UKBA during application viz:
1. the fee: £991.00 (postal orders)
2. the filled form
3. 2 passport pictures ( they were returned with my documents! )
4. 3 passports, especially the original entry one which bore the stamp of my entry date into UK.
5. Life in the UK test result
6. one document to represent each year from 1998 - 2012 ( I used a mixture of hotel receipts, bank statements, HMRC tax papers and GP letters)
7. 2 certificates
8. A letter explaining the things enclosed and my circumstances
9. Photostat copies of all the documents enclosed

Hopeful2

Re: 14 years ILR letter received today etc.

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Thank you GodGives and glory5050 for your congratulatory messages. To those who are still waiting, please be of good cheer, because by God`s power, everything will be alright in the end. Don`t stress too much!

My timelines were as follows:
Application sent: 07/07/2012
Acknowledgement letter received: 23/07/2012
Biometric invitation letter received: 26/09/2012
Biometric enrolment done: 08/10/2012
ILR letter of approval along with 3 passports and some other documents received:22/05/2013. (the approval letter was dated 17/05/2013)
BRP: awaited, ( letter said 7 - 10 days from date on ILR letter )

I posted my application on 07/07/2012 and received my ILR letter on 22/07/2013 - a total of 10 months 2 weeks!
I sent the following to UKBA during application viz:
1. the fee: £991.00 (postal orders)
2. the filled form
3. 2 passport pictures ( they were returned with my documents! )
4. 3 passports, especially the original entry one which bore the stamp of my entry date into UK.
5. Life in the UK test result
6. one document to represent each year from 1998 - 2012 ( I used a mixture of hotel receipts, bank statements, HMRC tax papers and GP letters)
7. 2 certificates
8. A letter explaining the things enclosed and my circumstances
9. Photostat copies of all the documents enclosed

Congratulations Zebrudaya - your wait is over and your life begins at last!! My application went on the same day as yours, except that I had some documents returned in October because I had left out a signature, date and passport number so my time has been set back a little bit. Those who are waiting for a decision, hang in there - no situation is permanent and this wait will be over one way or another. Those who have been refused, I hope your appeals are successful - God is in control!!