ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

170 day absence in a single year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrlucifer
Newly Registered

170 day absence in a single year

Post by mrlucifer » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi all,

It will be great to hear from someone who's been in a similar situation, or has some insight.

I'm currently on a Tier 1 General visa.
In one of the qualifying years 2013-14 I have an absence of 170 days (broken up as: 160 days + 10days).
I was on an unpaid sabbatical during this time, for which I have a letter from my previous employer, with whom I continued my employment upon return.
On the ILR Form it says to supply : "Evidence of all work-related absences (including paid annual leave) is required from those applying under Tier 1 (General); ..."
This was obviously not a work-related absence nor paid annual leave. Can anyone confirm if it's at all okay to have a long unexplained absence still under 180 days, or are the UKVI going to give me a hard time about this?

thanks in advance!

mrlucifer
Newly Registered

Re: 170 day absence in a single year

Post by mrlucifer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:51 am

*bump*
to put it simply the only question is:
a maximum of 180 days absence is allowed in a single year, but does it have to be work-related or on compassionate grounds? Or can it be for any reason whatsoever?

thanks!