ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1O YEAR LONG RESIDENCY AND CHARITY WORK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jay_707

1O YEAR LONG RESIDENCY AND CHARITY WORK

Post by Jay_707 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Hi

Please could someone advice what type of charity work the HO recognise when considering ILR under long residency.

Many thanks
Jay

joh118

Re: 1O YEAR LONG RESIDENCY AND CHARITY WORK

Post by joh118 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Jay_707 wrote:Hi

Please could someone advice what type of charity work the HO recognise when considering ILR under long residency.

Many thanks
Jay
why do you need to show that you have done charity work? Do you have gaps in your long residence?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:12 am

None - because work that an applicant undertakes (employment / self-employment / volunteering / etc.) during his stay in the UK is not a requirement for settlement under long residence.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jay_707

Post by Jay_707 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:27 pm

joh118 wrote:

Many thanks
Jay
why do you need to show that you have done charity work? Do you have gaps in your long residence?
Thnk you for your reply. No I don't have any gaps, I would like to do some charity work and it will be good if that supports my application.

Kind regards
Jay

Jay_707

Post by Jay_707 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:31 pm

sushdmehta wrote:None - because work that an applicant undertakes (employment / self-employment / volunteering / etc.) during his stay in the UK is not a requirement for settlement under long residence.
Thank you Sushdmehta for your reply. I'd like to do some charity work and it will be good if that supports my application.

Jay

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Jay_707 wrote:
joh118 wrote:

Many thanks
Jay
Thnk you for your reply. No I don't have any gaps, I would like to do some charity work and it will be good if that supports my application.

Kind regards
Jay
if you qualify, then you qualify. That's all there is to it. (there is some discretion, but you won't need it if you meet the criteria)

If you wish, and if your current immigration category allows you to, you can ofcourse do charity work. But it will have no relevance to your application.