ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years in UK and Tier 1 valid until next year

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsmp_922

5 years in UK and Tier 1 valid until next year

Post by hsmp_922 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:04 pm

I have spent 5 years (1 year in WP, 3 years in Tier 1) and then I applied for an extension last year and was granted for 2 years.

My Tier1 expires only next year in July but I have completed 5 years in the UK as of today...am I ok to apply for my ILR now or should I wait until my current Tier 1 expires?

Thanks

newbie_2013

Re: 5 years in UK and Tier 1 valid until next year

Post by newbie_2013 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:31 pm

hsmp_922 wrote:I have spent 5 years (1 year in WP, 3 years in Tier 1) and then I applied for an extension last year and was granted for 2 years.

My Tier1 expires only next year in July but I have completed 5 years in the UK as of today...am I ok to apply for my ILR now or should I wait until my current Tier 1 expires?

Thanks
Only you can answer this question yourself. You know your circumstances better than anyone. If you are here 5 years by now and have satisfied the relevant ILR requirements, you can carefully start applying for ILR.