ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years Student + 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

steefu
Newly Registered

5 years Student + 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1

Post by steefu » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 am

Hi,
In December my Tier-1 (HSMP) Visa is Expiring and I intend applyig for ILR. I entered the UK in 2002 as a student (M.Sc from University of Nottingham) and later on in 2007 graduated with an MBA from University of Strathclyde. I'm currently working as a Director of a Company in Scotland and have been with this company for over 5 years. I'm married and my wife entered the UK in Jan 2011 as a dependant. We will we doing the "Life in the UK Test"?
As you might know the rules state that applications are not acceptable before 28 days of the Expiry of current visa. Since I'm planning to travel during the 3rd week of Decemeber (Exactly the same time when my Visa is due for renewal), I would like to apply for ILR using the Premium Service. However I'm slightly concerned if this might be risky compared to regular postal service as there might be a personal interview and also that I will be asked a lot of tricky questions.
Could you please advise what questions I should expect from the immigration officer. I appreciate this is not standard and is dependant on the applicant and situation, but would like to have a hint on what to expect!
I'd much appreciate it if you could kindly also advise on my concerns.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Best regards....

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:02 am

Please continue in the existing topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!