ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence History

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pns

Absence History

Post by pns » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Dear members

I am planning to apply for ILR in next few days/weeks. I am clear on most of the document requirements but absence history from employer. My employer whom I had left more than a year ago did not have any online system to manage the absences. I aint sure whether they had any personal file folders to store the requests.

When I rang the HR operations they advised me to speak to department.

Many of you must have faced this situation while applying for ILR. What was your reaction to this? Did any one provide the visa stamps/travel tickets to prove the in/out dates when there was no official documentation from the employer?

Also, what sort documentation can be provided when someone is contracting through limited company?

Appreciate your help.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Absence History

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:54 pm

You should simply get a letter that says ALL you absences from work were in line with your paid annual leave and approved by the employer.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pns

Post by pns » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks Zimba88.

I have contacted the employer. Do you know what I could do for a contract role? I dont expect them to issue any such letter as I was not an employee.

My accountant told me to print something myself as I was employed by my own limited company. Do you think it will work?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:22 pm

Are you currently on Tier 1 General applying for ILR but were previously a PAYE employee?

If running your own limited company, a letter from yourself is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pns

Post by pns » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 pm

That's correct.

I was employed for the first three years and I moved to contracting couple of years ago.

Thanks for confirming that I can produce the letter myself for the contracting period.