ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence letter for ILR tier 1 general applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sandy_06
Newly Registered

Absence letter for ILR tier 1 general applications

Post by sandy_06 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:37 am

Hi Gurus,

I am planning for an ILR application at Liverpool PEO next week, have been reading a lot of information from this board and thanks for keeping this up and running.

i am concerned around the absence letter from employees/self employment and should we submit this as part of the application as i am getting conflicting messages from different topics and if yes we have to submit then is a covering letter ok as well.

my details as follows - please help me with what documents do i need to produce
Date of entry to UK for ILR calculation is : 10-10-2011

date left:
14-07-2012
date back:
09-09-2012
close to 56 days.
do i mention for this one as family visit to India ? and do i have to submit any documents.
it was with a previous employer

i have other absences which total to 137 days but can make the proof available.
can you help me with some light on this as its more than 30 working days.

O_Relly

Re: Absence letter for ILR tier 1 general applications

Post by O_Relly » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:06 am

Yes this letter is a requirement. And I think different people have different experiences depending on which PEO / Case worker etc.

I remember reading one case, where the applicant's application was on hold while he was given a weeks' time to submit this letter.

So submit where possible, and if it was a previous employer and it is not possible to submit a letter, then submit communication proof where the ex-employer states they are unable to issue such a letter.
Cheers,
OR