ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence letter from former employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mmo
Newly Registered

Absence letter from former employer

Post by mmo » Mon May 30, 2016 11:43 am

Hi,
I am a tier 2 holder applying for ilr in three weeks time, my solicitor just send me ideal template for absence letter from former employer. I have left that job 3 years ago and when I was leaving they wanted me to stay and I didn't. Now I am not sure how cooperative they will be. So is it fine if I apply without that absence letter confirming my leaves are paid?

I only have 2 absences from uk when I am with them. Each one lasting about 25 days max, which is abvoiusly a lot less than 180 days. I do have general reference letter from them confirming I work for them from start date to end date.

Does anyone here apply without that letter with success? I really don't want to ask favour from my former employer for a reference letter.

Ps, all my five years are on tier 2 and there is only one change of job. Just wonder if there is anyone out there apply without the letter?

Please help and Thanks,
mmo

kautya

Re: Absence letter from former employer

Post by kautya » Tue May 31, 2016 9:32 am

Interim caseworker action – missing evidence
If an applicant is required to provide specified documents from their employer explaining
their absences and fails to do this, and the absences do not exceed 30 working days plus
statutory public holidays per annum (for example, such absences are likely to be consistent
with paid annual leave), you can choose, having regard to all the circumstances of the case,
to consider the application without this documentation.
You still need evidence where the absences in a 12 month
The above is from the Set (o) continuous period notes in terms of missing evidence for absence. Although, it would be ideal to have the absence letter from your employer. Why are you not looking to get this letter if it can be requested ? If they refuse to give you the letter than you can provide evidence of the same to HO and they can make a call/decision on it.

mmo
Newly Registered

Post by mmo » Tue May 31, 2016 9:50 am

Hi kautya,

Thanks for the reply, it is really helpful. I also spoken to my solicitor about this this morning and she is adamant about getting it from former employer. I have just emailed them to see how they respond now. I just doubt that they will do. Since I have left them a few years back and they wanted me to stay. As they are a family run business, I am concerned that they may have taken that situation personally also.

I have two absences when I am with them, both of them are from my annual leave and lasting 17 and 15 days.

I will update how it goes though.

Thanks again,
mmo

avi

Post by avi » Tue May 31, 2016 10:52 am

Hi Mmo,

I am also exactly in the same situation. Used to work for a family run business and i am certain that they won't give me the absence letter if i request it. Please let us know how you go about your application. i am planning to apply later this year.

Thanks

Avi

mmo
Newly Registered

Post by mmo » Tue May 31, 2016 11:02 am

Hi avi,

I will do. I am thinking to submit the email I sent to them if they refuse to do (which is something very likely). Also I have air etickets in my inbox from my holidays to see the parents. I will submit them as well as the airport immigration controls stamps from my home country airport and heathrow.

Just hoping for the best, :)
mmo

avi

Post by avi » Tue May 31, 2016 12:43 pm

That makes sense. When are you applying and by what- same day or post ?

Thanks

Avi

mmo
Newly Registered

Post by mmo » Tue May 31, 2016 12:46 pm

Hi avi,

Next month, it will be Sheffield same day application.

Best of luck,
mmo