ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence letter from previous employer

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ferryahmed82

Absence letter from previous employer

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:39 am

Hi there

I went back home when I was with my previous employer and the absence was about 35 days in total back in 2009. I have left that company 3 years ago.

Now I'm chasing my previous employer for the letter but what if I couldn't get it?

If I couldn't get the letter then can I just write a self explaining letter and give their address/phone/email details for verification, would that work?

Any ideas please?

bcs
Newly Registered

Re: Absence letter from previous employer

Post by bcs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi just curious. Did you managed to get ilr with out the letter ?

onlooker

Re: Absence letter from previous employer

Post by onlooker » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:41 pm

If memory serves, HO guidance mentions such a case and suggest you should explain the circumstances and why you cannot provide the letter. If I were you I would make a written request to the company, post it with registered mail and include proof of posting in the ILR document package.