ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sams85
Newly Registered

Advice needed

Post by sams85 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Hi all, I would like all you good people on here to advice me and possibly also make clear to me some not so clear rules. My current residence card of a family member of an EEA national runs out in January and I would like advice on my best possible next route of application. At the moment am thinking three possible application route, but before I list my options I will provide a history of my Visa's to date.

Entered the country with a visiting Visa : 5 July 2003
Had my visa extended after I got married 2 Oct 2003 to 31 Jan 2007
Student Visa 14 mar 2007 to 30 sept 2007
Student Visa 11 Jan 2008 to 31 Oct 2009
Residence card of a family member of an EEA national 28 Jan 2010 to 28 Jan 2015

Option 1
Apply for EEA4 after 5 years but my problem is am no longer dependent on my EEA family member and am not sure applying for EEA4 will yield a success story.

Option 2
Apply for SET(LR) under long residence 10 years on my merits but at this point in time my understanding is my that EEA period won't count towards my previous years in the country which will make my 10 years application invalid?

Option 3
Apply for AN under 5 years rule. I don't know anybody that has applied using this route and am not sure what the success rate is.

Those are the 3 options am looking at and I would like all you good people to advice me on the best possible option, Thank you all for your time in advance.

vinny

Re: Advice needed

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:47 am

1. Probably best, as you may have retained your rights of residence. When did you marry the EEA national?
2. Although SET(LR) is possible, you also require proof that you remained qualified under the EEA regulations, in order to satisfy the lawful residence requirements.
3. Naturalisation requires PR or ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SCS1224
Newly Registered

Post by SCS1224 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:38 am

Hello

I just wanted some advice before we put our papers in..

I am currently and EU citizen(portuguese) moved to the UK in Dec 2013, and have been working since March 2014. I have been with my Girlfriend( now wife) for 7 years, we are high school sweet hearts,She is a kenyan citizen, moved to UK in Sep 2013 on a student visa to pursue her Masters. Before we got married she wanted to finish her education as she thought it would be hard to complete the same if she was married. She submitted her dissertation on the 4th of september and on 23rd of september we got married. Now her visa expires on 30 Jan 2015, We want to avoid the hassle ( Expense) of her going back and coming back to the UK. We have been living together since May 2014. I will be applying for EEA1 along with her EEA2 application, just have a few doubts
1. Do i need to provide a certain amount of funds?
2. We have loads of pictures since we have been together for 7 years, how many should we include
3. What does she need to provide, besides passport and address proof?
4. Do you think she will not be able to get the EEA2 before her visa runs out?
5. Should we provide a detail letter of our relationship?

These are the documents we will be submitting...if you feel i have left out any do let me know
1. My EU passport and ID
2.Her Passport
3.Both our bank statements (proof of Address)
4. Tenancy Agreement
5. Letter of Confirming employment
6. Wage slips
7. My employment contract
8. Marriage certificate
9. Photos of us maybe around 20?

Thank you in Advance ... hope to get some clarity before handing in the forms

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:01 am

[quote="SCS1224"]Hello

I just wanted some advice before we put our papers in..

I am currently and EU citizen(portuguese) moved to the UK in Dec 2013, and have been working since March 2014. I have been with my Girlfriend( now wife) for 7 years, we are high school sweet hearts,She is a kenyan citizen, moved to UK in Sep 2013 on a student visa to pursue her Masters. Before we got married she wanted to finish her education as she thought it would be hard to complete the same if she was married. She submitted her dissertation on the 4th of september and on 23rd of september we got married. Now her visa expires on 30 Jan 2015, We want to avoid the hassle ( Expense) of her going back and coming back to the UK. We have been living together since May 2014. I will be applying for EEA1 along with her EEA2 application, just have a few doubts
1. Do i need to provide a certain amount of funds?
No
2. We have loads of pictures since we have been together for 7 years, how many should we include
the 20 you mentioned should be fine
3. What does she need to provide, besides passport and address proof?
Mariage certificate
4. Do you think she will not be able to get the EEA2 before her visa runs out?
Every one with their own luck! it may well be ready before it expires althought the time frame is up to 6 month. And even if it expires, as long as you the EU is exercising treaty right she is legal with right to work.
5. Should we provide a detail letter of our relationship?
I do not see the need considering that you are married, proof of mariage should be enough
These are the documents we will be submitting...if you feel i have left out any do let me know
1. My EU passport and ID
No need to provide both, only one form of identification will suffix. if you will need your passport very soon better submit the unexpired ID card
2.Her Passport
3.Both our bank statements (proof of Address)
4. Tenancy Agreement
5. Letter of Confirming employment
6. Wage slips
7. My employment contract
8. Marriage certificate
9. Photos of us maybe around 20?

Thank you in Advance ... hope to get some clarity before handing in the forms[/quote]
GOD BLESS!!!

arleneauray

pls help

Post by arleneauray » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:22 am

Im a eea family national married to french, but now hes leaving me. We are married for 4 yrs nov. 2010. We are both working. My question is can I stay in the uk, what is my right.? We are just separating we dont want divorce yet. My residence card will expire april 2016... and what documents I need to present when im applying for , is it permanent resident? We still see each other as we want to remain friends, as iam very close to his family and him as well.

I came here 2008 as a student visa and love struck we got married nov.2010 . I got ny resident card april 2011. It will expire april 2016 . Pls help me I need your advice.