ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After ILR what happens with dependant's visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sancha

After ILR what happens with dependant's visa

Post by sancha » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:26 pm

I have seen many post here but confused about the validity of my family dependant visa after grant of my ILR as main applicant. More specifically as below:
I am currently on Tier-4 visa valid until 2018. My wife and kids are on dependant visa valid until 2018 (same validity as me)
I will apply ILR (long residency) next year 2015.
My questions-after my ILR, what will happen to my wife and kids dependant visa which was granted based on my Tier-4 visa?
1) will their current dependant visa be invalid after my ILR?
2) can they continue with their current dependant visa until 2018 after my ILR in 2015. Please assume they have no plan of abroad travelling until 2018.
I will appreciate for your knowledge, views and reply.
Regards
Sch

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: After ILR what happens with dependant's visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:34 pm

If you apply for ILR based on 10 years long residency, your dependents have to switch to FLR(M) and will qualify for ILR 5 years after FLR(M) is granted.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sancha

Post by sancha » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Thanks,
Is FLR (M) for dependants is must after main applicant ILR?
If so, what is option for the family when applicant do not earn £18600 due to Tier-4 student and got ILR based on 10 years long residency?
Please help and reply
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:25 pm

If you obtain ILR based on long residency, your dependents don't have a choice, they have to apply for FLR(M) and you will need to meet the standard and financial requirements.

The £18,600 financial requirement is without children, the amount increases if you have children.

You will need a very large amount in savings if you do not meet the annual income threshold.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sancha

Post by sancha » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Please, from your web link, my understanding is that after main applicant ILR, his dependants having long dependant visa validity can remain on their dependant visa which was granted before main applicant ILR if they do not have plan to travel- is my understanding correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:46 pm

No, dependents of applicants who receive ILR based on Long residency must switch to FLR(M). Read the link in the last comment which was posted by Vinny as the rules changed on 6th April 2014
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:52 pm

You have already posted the same question and Amber has already given you the same advice, starting a new thread with the same question won't give you a different answer.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1020103

When your dependent switches to FLR(M), she can still apply for ILR based on her own 10 years long residency in 2016 as you have stated she was granted a visa in 2006.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sancha

Post by sancha » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Thanks for reply, not really trying to get different reply, only trying to find a way/option which could work for a student (me) now a bit difficult to hit £18,600 or £24,600 ( kids case). Thanks for help and reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:47 pm

In your other post where you raised queries, you said you earn £16,000 and your wife earns £10,000. Is this correct? If so, I am sure you can use the combined income to meet the financial requirement. Amber can maybe confirm this, but it has been raised in the forum by other members before.

Where were your children born? I am guessing abroad??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sancha

Post by sancha » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:41 am

Thanks, yes salary is correct at present but not sure that at the time of my ILR (2015)whether I would be employed or not- a lot of uncertainty here. I granted 3 work permits visa + PSW visa + 1 Tier-2 Sponsor visa + 2 Tier-4 visa in last 9 years.
Kids born abroad, one is over 18 now.
I found in the other post that Amber told that there is no time limit (such as 28 days) for dependant to change their dependant visa (long validity) to FLR(M) - is it true??
If so, My wife and kids tier-4 dependant visa is currently valid until 2018 and they all will complete their 10 years in 1016. If Amber's "no time limit" is correct then they all can stay on current Tier-4 dependant visa until 2016 after my ILR (2015) and then in 2016, they can go 10 year long residency ILR on their own basis - is my understanding on this correct or I am missing here ??- this will be helpful for us in-case we do not have £24,600 earning at the time of my ILR.
Regards

sigma99
Newly Registered

Post by sigma99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:04 pm

sancha wrote:
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:26 pm
I have seen many post here but confused about the validity of my family dependant visa after grant of my ILR as main applicant. More specifically as below:
I am currently on Tier-4 visa valid until 2018. My wife and kids are on dependant visa valid until 2018 (same validity as me)
My questions-after my ILR, what will happen to my wife and kids dependant visa which was granted based on my Tier-4 visa?
2) can they continue with their current dependant visa until 2018 after my ILR in 2015. Please assume they have no plan of abroad travelling until 2018.
Regards
Sch
Hi Sancha,

I understand it’s an old post, but I am exactly on the same situation as you were at the time of this post. Could you please tell from your experience if a Tier 4 dependant can continue on the dependent visa after the main applicant has got ILR on 10 years basis? We just need another five months after my ILR to reach the minimum earning (£18000 plus something).

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:26 pm

sigma99 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:04 pm
sancha wrote:
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:26 pm
Regards
Sch
Hi Sancha,

I understand it’s an old post, but I am exactly on the same situation as you were at the time of this post. Could you please tell from your experience if a Tier 4 dependant can continue on the dependent visa after the main applicant has got ILR on 10 years basis? We just need another five months after my ILR to reach the minimum earning (£18000 plus something).

Any comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Kindly refrain from digging up topics that are more than 3.5 years old. Continue in your existing topic if you have one or start a new topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)