ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another ILR tax amendment case

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dharma2016
Newly Registered

Another ILR tax amendment case

Post by dharma2016 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:46 pm

I need big help
Can you help me for Ilr tax amendment application
I just recently made tax amendment13/14. now which route I apply for Ilr application
Can you tell me which route is safe 10yrs route or 5 yrs ? Because both route I can be eligible.
From last five year tax return okay except 13-14 tax return.now I amendment done I paid all taxes so can you help me what chances for successful postal application? Or any suggestion or any idea to come out from stress, worries or negative thinking.
My accountant done mistake and I have to suffer. Please help me
Thank you

screenprint

Re: ILR general ground for refusal section 320(5) Tax amedem

Post by screenprint » Tue May 24, 2016 6:17 pm

They will do checks regardless of which route u will apply.

But if I were u I will apply Set I'll ( 10 year I'll ), because if they refuse u will get appeal rights.

Can u explain bit more how much less u declare or did not declare at all.

dharma2016
Newly Registered

Re: ILR general ground for refusal section 320(5) Tax amedem

Post by dharma2016 » Fri May 27, 2016 6:35 pm

total income should be 23kfrom employment +5 k for self employment but my accountant shown 0.0 but now hmrc amendmended done and i paid all taxes. still be can you help me what should i have to do? also i called hmrc they didnt give me revised sa302 in seperate page. they send me sa302 but unrevised and revised tax calculation on on page with small font, i asked for give me revised tax calculation or sa302 on single page but they told me they cant. how can i get revised sa302 on single page? without that page i cant put file.
i am really upset and worrying too much.
please help me on this issue.
thank you very much

noajthan

Re: Another ILR tax amendment case

Post by noajthan » Fri May 27, 2016 7:07 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

dharma2016
Newly Registered

Post by dharma2016 » Fri May 27, 2016 11:23 pm

thank you noajthan as moderator have you any idea how to deal with this situation please
thank you

dharma2016
Newly Registered

Post by dharma2016 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:43 pm

hi to all can you Please help me about
1) Do i have to submit amedment tax return SA 302 with my ILR application or not? any plus point if i Show amendment sa302 and explain about that or i not need to tell anything untill out come of my file.

2) without new amendment SA 302 they can still see old data from their computer so they can easily make deception on me

3) What more successful rate for 10year or 5 year Route ?

4) how to explain in good manner? have you any expert solicitor available who deals that kind of amedment cases and how to trust on them i have no any idea please reply me
regards

Abc499

Post by Abc499 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:08 pm

@ dharma2016
it is really difficult to suggest anything on this cases because from similar action different outcomes also coming about the amendments. So i think its depend on the specific application and the caseworker might consider others things too (might vary caseworker to caseworker too, they also might have internal standard to what to consider what not to) to get a decision that he/she should consider this amendment or not, shall they treat the amendment as a mistake or intentional.

We do not no details about your amendment figures before and after, also how much its affect your UKVI earnings claim so tough to say precisely but Sharing PERSONAL OPINIONS as I have gone through the same. Personally I believe the case worker handle hundreds of application so most of them must have very good idea about this issue. So it is really hard to escape hiding anything and better to explain everything if we think the matter is very much big for the application and could be decision making factor.

1. I think you must provide the amended SA302 or revised calculation whatever you have.
= I've explain this on my case in the cover letter because I think its better to explain before they think anything. Now, how you explain this is up to you and you can think how you can impress :) and how you can justify that it was a genuine mistake (never write an essay but in short, in few lines). I'vent use the word amendment/amended but mention that there was a error on xxx tax year submission....... which I notice this and that time......... this and that way....... and then submit the corrected one after I notice.

2. yes without proving this there is high chance to get deception at this moment (unless caseworker ask for more doc, which they might not too).

3. None can say anything on this as same check now on both way. Personally I think 10Y option still you will have on your pocket if you go via t-1 but if you move to 10Y in the first place then you are limiting your option yourself (this is completely personal opinion).

4. You can take solicitor/expert advise but I think you should do which give you mental peace and looks more logical to you.

Good luck with your application, I hope you will see everything fine at the end.

dharma2016
Newly Registered

Post by dharma2016 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:26 pm

thank you abc499 and devi for advise
abc499 you mentioned that if i go via 5yr route still be i have chance to go for 10 yr route but i have no visa after this month so i cant apply another fresh application after this month. also its really my accountant made mistake but how to demostrate to ho because they have lots of cases and they are robotic like ukvi data=hmrc old data if this match then success otherwise we know. abc i explained earlier message about revised figure.

devi can you please just tell me about your friend what they give answer to ho about tax amendments? how he explained to them?

jibon

Post by jibon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:44 am

Dear dharma2016

What ever the route you apply 5 or 10 years your visa application will be refused unless your amendment update into HMRC system. Keep try to push HMRC to update their record which will reflect the correct update.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:08 pm

This is not a general chit chat thread on tax problems. The OP's post has been completely hijacked by other members.
Those extraneous posts have now been removed.

If you have a question simply open your own topic with your own details rather than jumbling up someone else's topic.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

rag12
Newly Registered

Post by rag12 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:05 am

Hi,

I need a an advise on my ILR application. I have seen lot of cases on this forum where ILR has been reufused due to tax amendment. Mine is a similar case. I have applied for ILR Set (0) through Post on 26th APril 2016 and done my bio metrics on 4th June 2016. The problem I think with my application is for the tax year 2010-2011 my self employment income was £24,800. However, The tax retruns which was filed for that year was £21,411 on which I have paid the tax infact I was late on payments and I have incurred some penalties which I have paid and clear the tax.Genuinely, I m not aware about this difference in the tax amount since I have used an accountant to file the tax and on my side due to lack of knowledge about the tax returns I have never spotted that error until recently when I was about to apply for ILR thats when I came to know about this when I have checked my sa302 for that Year.

Since, Then I have contacted HMRC and got my tax amended just after I had my bio metrics for that tax year 2010-2011 and paid the tax difference which was around £980. I havent had any other issues with my application as far as Im aware. Now, I m getting worried as I have seen most of the ILR self assesment cases are getting refusal due to tax amendement. Please advise if the case worker going to think mine as a deception case because of tax amendement. If I have that intention I wouldnt have paid that tax either with penalites. I dont know how the case worker going to consider my case. Any sujjestions please.