ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal allowed but Lost passport and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

N86841
Newly Registered

Appeal allowed but Lost passport and ILR

Post by N86841 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:49 am

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone in this forum for their useful informations I am preparing for my ILR application I have a few question, your kind answers in this regards will be highly appreciated.

I applied for UK spouse visa on 2009 but my application refused I applied again before the new rule come into effect on march 2012 again my application refused under the paragraph 281 of HC 395 requirements (English Test).
Appeal is allowed under the immigration rule on august 2013 so When I received the call in letter I lost my passport. after police verification I got new passport. so the spouse /CP visa granted for 27 months.

MY QUESTIONS

1-Is my appeal allowed under old rule or new rule?
2-Considering of the above issue will be there any problem that affect my ILR application?

Kind regards

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Appeal allowed but Lost passport and ILR

Post by manci » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:53 am

your spouse visa is under the old rules (pre- 9 July 2012) when the probationary period was 2 years

N86841
Newly Registered

Post by N86841 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:26 am

Thanks for your reply much appreciated, will be grateful if some one answer my next question.

N86841
Newly Registered

Post by N86841 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Hi,

I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me with this issue i lost my passport after my appeal was allowed and I got the visa stamped in my new passport. I have the copies of my lost passport and police verification letter. What should I do when i apply for my ILR ? Will it affect my ILR application and Is it necessary to mention that I have lost my old passport or no? Please reply thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:24 pm

the lost passport has no bearing on your ILR application.

N86841
Newly Registered

Post by N86841 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:57 pm

Dear manci

Thanks a lot for ur kind reply, then i dont need to submit any docs like ( police report & old passport copies) with my ILR application regard the lost issue and do you think if they check my visa which has been issued in 2013 but under the old rule they wont refer to my appeal history to check why my application was refused before, If so they have all my previous applications and appeal details in their system in my old passport (Number) which has been lost. Is it not Questionable ? Appreciate your reply

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:34 am

The HO have full records of your immigration history and they don't need your lost passport for that. Nevertheless there is no harm in providing information concerning the lost passport and photocopy of it if you have it.