ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR after tax amendment ( paid All taxes )

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rehanm
Newly Registered

Applying for ILR after tax amendment ( paid All taxes )

Post by rehanm » Sat May 21, 2016 10:36 am

Dear All,

I am applying for ilr on 10 yr legal stay route, Been last 5 yrs on tier 1 general.

1st tier 1 2010 ( employed have P60 all taxes paid )

2nd tier 1 extension ( employed + self employed ) £36k total income declared to hmrc ,

( in 2013 my accountant ( WRONGLY genuinely wrongly ) asked hmrc to amend tax bill for 2012 as losses from 2011 should be carried forward £13k hence they amended and dropped my income to 23k

2016 when applying for ilr solicitor asked for last 5 yrs sa302 where I saw 2012 total income 22k which I realized straight away is wrong. I asked HMRC for the amendment to be sent to me as its wrong. ( the amendment is not on my NAME its got my UTR NUMBER but some one else's national insurance number / someone else's Date of birth & Some one else's Loss of 13k in 2011 which got adjusted against mine in 2012)

I asked HMRC to remove this amendment straight away as I never had any loss in 2011 but had incurred a profit.( they removed the Loss and finally amended the 2012 tax bill asking me to pay £4k in taxes ). I have paid all the taxes & now when I ask the income is correct 36k as it should have been.

I have a same day appointment in 2 days but Lawyer is asking me to cancel this and send via post . Some lawyer's are saying go on same day VISA .

Any advice would be highly appreciated . ASAP .

Thanks

RM

screenprint

Re: Applying for ILR after tax amendment ( paid All taxes )

Post by screenprint » Sat May 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Do u have updated SA302 ? Which show the correct Income ?

Or u have Tax Assessment ( Revised Tax Calculation ) ?

rehanm
Newly Registered

Post by rehanm » Thu May 26, 2016 8:48 pm

Sorry for the late reply guys,, I have a amended Tax assessment and a old sa302 .
Currently the 302 is from HMRC is still showing figures ( wrong figures ) .

I have applied via post and submitted the old sa302.

thx

dharma2016
Newly Registered

Post by dharma2016 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:52 pm

hi rehnm i have same issue but i am confused about do i have to submit old sa 302 and new updated tax calculation with my postal application or not ? is any benefit or loss to show extra documents however this time i have all my income from employment.
thanks

shanuk

Post by shanuk » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:01 am

Dear All,

Please provide details on below link:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1359302

Thanks

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:46 am

Dear @rehanm
did you get ILR decision ? Could you please share your case, I have a similar situation. I have amended 2010-2011 taxes but HMRC send me revised calculation and did not amend 2010-2011 SA302.
I am looking to apply by post. I am not sure shall i send old SA302 with revised upto date Calculations or not.
Please advise .
Thanks

richtich
Newly Registered

Post by richtich » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:48 am

Dear dharma2016
did you apply for ILR, did you send SA302 with application.
Please advise .
Thanks

rag12
Newly Registered

Post by rag12 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:03 am

Hi,

I need a an advise on my ILR application. I have seen lot of cases on this forum where ILR has been reufused due to tax amendment. Mine is a similar case. I have applied for ILR Set (0) through Post on 26th APril 2016 and done my bio metrics on 4th June 2016. The problem I think with my application is for the tax year 2010-2011 my self employment income was £24,800. However, The tax retruns which was filed for that year was £21,411 on which I have paid the tax infact I was late on payments and I have incurred some penalties which I have paid and clear the tax.Genuinely, I m not aware about this difference in the tax amount since I have used an accountant to file the tax and on my side due to lack of knowledge about the tax returns I have never spotted that error until recently when I was about to apply for ILR thats when I came to know about this when I have checked my sa302 for that Year.

Since, Then I have contacted HMRC and got my tax amended just after I had my bio metrics for that tax year 2010-2011 and paid the tax difference which was around £980. I havent had any other issues with my application as far as Im aware. Now, I m getting worried as I have seen most of the ILR self assesment cases are getting refusal due to tax amendement. Please advise if the case worker going to think mine as a deception case because of tax amendement. If I have that intention I wouldnt have paid that tax either with penalites. I dont know how the case worker going to consider my case. Any sujjestions please.

Prolay
Newly Registered

Post by Prolay » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:57 am

Hi Rehanm,
Have you heard anything yet? Have you received your biometric ? I applied on 30 june (after refusal in May at PEO), I still have not received any letter from UKVI.
Only God knows whats going on.
I understand its really stressful time for you ( for all of us) but please let know if any update.
Thanks
PM

paboluuk

Post by paboluuk » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:55 pm

Hi @richtich,
Have you heard anything from HO on your application ?

Thanks