ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING FOR ILR AS A SPOUSE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raheelmulla

APPLYING FOR ILR AS A SPOUSE

Post by raheelmulla » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:45 am

My settlement visa to join my wife was issue on 14 December 2012 for 27 months which is until 15th March 2015 and I enter UK on 1st January 2013

Now my question is when can I apply for ILR and which form do I have to fill in.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: APPLYING FOR ILR AS A SPOUSE

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:51 am

It's okay to apply in early December (within 28 days of the date of your original arrival). The application form is SET(M) but I'm concerned that you don't already know about that, as the requirements of that form ask for evidence taken from the entire two years of your residence, so I hope you have prepared for this transition to ILR.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:09 am

Also, following Lucapooka's concern, have you passed the Life in the UK test and B1 level English? Both are mandatory for ILR.
However, in October you posted that you are applying for British Citizenship. Which is correct? :?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1095821

and in August 2012 you and your wife were granted BC???
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p914434

and in August 2014 you were applying for a spouse visa for your wife to join you.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... l#p1073901

Are you simply posting for advice for others and charging for that advice??
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi casa,
I am helping my cousin to fill his form.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:55 pm

If you are asking questions on behalf of someone else, then you should clearly say so. Otherwise, you posts may cause a lot of confusion, resulting in the wrong advice being given.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:19 pm

raheelmulla wrote:Hi casa,
I am helping my cousin to fill his form.
And all the others? In 2012 you and your wife had BC. In 2014 you were applying for your wife's spouse settlement visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.