ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR - Previous passport along with BRP was lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

krisbal

Applying for ILR - Previous passport along with BRP was lost

Post by krisbal » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for ILR on 19th Aug. In 2011 after my extension, I lost my BRP and my passport. I registered an FIR immediately and got my new passport and BRP in 2 months. However will this affect my ILR application in any way.
I have no UK stamps on the passport that was lost. I have a copy of all the pages of my lost passport and Biometric. I have a copy of the FIR from Met police. Do I need to specify all this anywhere in the cover letter explaining all these details. Do I need these documents attested by solicitor.

Regards
Balaji

krisbal

Post by krisbal » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:46 am

Please can someone respond to my query as my appointment is for next week. Anyone who has had a similar experience , please share any info you have.

krisbal

Post by krisbal » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Just to let you know my ILR was granted without any issues at East Cryden office. I didnt mention this in the cover letter anywhere.
I just submitted the standard documents and got an approval in 2 hours.
I think since you might have already applied for a new BRP and cancelled the old one and have gone through the entire process of proving your points they dont really need this info for ILR.
Hope this helps someone.

vaz
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by vaz » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:13 pm

i was in similar situation